The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Armor alternation via Crown Store

MaxwellC
MaxwellC
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I know I made a forum post on the general discussion to basically gain attention but just as the title states this thread will talk about altering armor appearances.

I for one love what Neverwinter did with it's armor customization where you may like a certain armors appearance you could alter it with gold or in-game micro-transaction currency. All you would need is the item you wish to over-write the appearance of then you would take your preferred item and use it to over-write the armors appearance.

I'm a player who really cares about aesthetics first rather than how much better I could be (yeah I know pretty bad but I do manage just ask players in PvP XB1 NA "Haderus").
I love the design of the mercenary helmet, people may call me a "storm-trooper" but it doesn't bother me because I like the way it looks. Most monster helmets do not appeal to me aesthetically which is why I rarely farm any of them even though it would be incredibly beneficial for my build.

My question is how would the rest of the player base like the ability to over-write the appearance of your favorite armor? I think ZoS could capitalize on this as it could be worth 100 crowns per armor appearance change thus giving a crown sink and it also could be worth 10k gold a piece thus reinforcing the crown purchase and making a gold sink too.

Note: I copy and pasted this from the thread I made earlier.
@ZOS_MattFiror Please give this a look for a future crown store implement.
Edited by MaxwellC on January 19, 2016 2:07AM
不動の Steadfast - Unwavering
XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
XB1 Maxwell Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Redguard Stamina DK
XB1 Max Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Brenton Magicka DK
PC Maxwell-Crystal - NA DC - CP 200+ Brenton Magicka DK 「Retired」
Band Camp statements: To state "But this one time I saw X doing X... so that justifies X" Refers to the Band camp statement.
Coined by Maxwel
l
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some armor appereance transmogrification function would be very welcome!

And doing it per "Craftmaster" perk that you can put a skill point in at reaching crafting-50 would be the logical way to go about it.
    Thus unlocking a feature to allow master crafters to "reforge/resew/recarve" a existing piece of gear into any learned style, with a destruction chance that can be migrated by using more resources, much like with temper improvements...

For crown store times, all they need to do is have any such "recrafting" require some super-rare "transformative" resource that people would have to spend a lot of time to acquite (like, say, nirncrux, glass, perfect roe) and then sell it in the crown store for convinience as well for all those who just don't have the patience to spend weeks worth of days doing nothing but chasing that elusive stuff to afford all the recraftings they need for their full set of gear...

Possibly they could even lock the whole system behind a "craftsmanship" DLC, together with some other options, but... that I expect would be less favorly accepted.

The "craftmaster" perk could even have several levels, for several possible rectafting options. Put in one skill point for the ability to change appereance, put in another to be able to change traits, put in a third to be able to raise item "power" (aka, levels, veteran ranks, c.-point rating, whatever. Just so people can opt to keep their favorite sets when they they no longer are dropped as they advance their character - all it requires to preserve the balance is that such "upgrading" needs at least as much resources as crafting a entirely new piece for the desired rating)... these other two are far less likely to happen of course. But I mention them as possible options anyways...
    They could just as well implement appereance recrafting, and keep the others under consideration, to be refitted later onto the same system, or not, whatever they decide.
    Because once the system is in place... it'd be far easier to add things. But the basic appereance rework function... that is something I really would love to see. Not in the least because if vexes me immebsely that for good effect one would be well served with mixing two sets... BUT that generally leaves one wearing "mismatched" armor... which I dislike. All too few styles worth decently together after all, and some kinda work very badly with -any- other (argonian for example)
    Note: I copy and pasted this from the thread I made earlier.
    I noticed, and two can play this game... ;)
  • MaxwellC
    MaxwellC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    lol I see that
    XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
    Band Camp statements: To state "But this one time I saw X doing X... so that justifies X" Refers to the Band camp statement.
    Coined by Maxwel
    l
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I agree totally. Some sets that I really want are just not in a style I like and look horrid mixed in with, for example, xivkyn.
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • MaxwellC
    MaxwellC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yup I want some monster sets because it'll make me do more damage or increase resources but some just look awful but with this feature I can have a monster set with whatever armor I like + ZoS benefits because I'll have to spend crowns for it.
    XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
    Coined by Maxwel
    l
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There's a mod that turns any of your armor into Imperial armor.
  • MaxwellC
    MaxwellC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Volkodav
    That's not what I'm talking about. Imagine you have a monster helmet but you like the way your crafted helmet looks well you could with this system over-write your monster helmets appearance by using your brenton helmet. You would pay in-game gold or crowns to do so but nevertheless you have the particular style you want every single time.
    XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
    Coined by Maxwel
    l
  • RAGUNAnoOne
    RAGUNAnoOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would prefer this to NOT be a crown store feature but a gold sink and/or mat sink.
    PS4 NA
    Argonian Master Race

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Support Tail armor and tail ribbons: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/236333/concept-tail-armor-for-beast-races#latest
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/246134/request-dyeable-tail-ribbons
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Volkodav
    That's not what I'm talking about. Imagine you have a monster helmet but you like the way your crafted helmet looks well you could with this system over-write your monster helmets appearance by using your brenton helmet. You would pay in-game gold or crowns to do so but nevertheless you have the particular style you want every single time.

That's kinda cool.
  • MaxwellC
    MaxwellC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @RAGUNAnoOne
    Well as much as I agree with you I believe this wouldn't pass for ZoS if they couldn't make a few extra $$ out of it. That's why I put crowns there not only to give ZOS a incentive in implementing this system but also to say they players like their style armor so can we please get something like this. Neverwinter has it setup like this too where you can use your in-game currency or micro-transaction currency to pay for it.
    Edited by MaxwellC on January 18, 2016 2:37PM
    XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
    Coined by Maxwel
    l
  • MaxwellC
    MaxwellC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno I'd greatly appreciate if you could pass this along to the crown department of ZOS. I believe this will be a great new feature added to ESO.
    XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
    Coined by Maxwel
    l
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love a system like this, either through the crown store or in-game.

It's extremely frustrating to me that there are so many really nice looking armor sets (and weapons) which are essentially un-useable, either because they only come with stats that are no good for your character or because they're only available at low/mid levels.

I do have the Imperial Edition so I get the option to convert things to the Imperial style but that's very limited. It doesn't work with all equipment and it only allows you to convert things to the one style. A system like this would make far more skins available for everyone, with relatively little work for ZOS.

Of course there would have to be some limitations, for example you'd have to obtain both items first (so you couldn't give your first character monster helms before they've even left the tutorial), but even so I think it would be a great system.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • MaxwellC
    MaxwellC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Danikat
    Thanks for the response, it's exactly what I'm aiming for because lets face it we all have our own style and if we can't be unique due to everyone trying to get that same max setup then allow us to be unique by having our own skin.
    This is a perfect gold sink/crown sink for ZoS and would also inspire players who are like me to grind and or find their favorite armor piece and overwrite each armor piece they get so they could rock that same style they know and love forever.
    XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
    Coined by Maxwel
    l
  • Tipsy
    Tipsy
    ✭✭✭
    Volkodav wrote: »
    There's a mod that turns any of your armor into Imperial armor.

I'd love there to be light,medium and heavy versions of every costume available in the crown store.(also for light 2 different versions robe & jerkins)
    Then you can convert any armor you find in the game to the costumes you've bought from the crown store.
    This would actually make it worth buying costumes from the crown store.
    At the moment a costume won't show either at character selection screen.
    This means you still have to stare at the armor you try to hide in the first place.
    I think allowing any of your armor to turn into the light/medium/heavy version of a costume would come a long way
    for players to costumize their appearance as they want
  • acw37162
    acw37162
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crafters should be able to re-style and re-trait gear.

It's not going to happen tho marketing is going to crank out cool costumes now that eso plus subscribers can dye costumes and non-subs can buy dye packs for costumes.