Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Should Impenetrable trait be added to loot tables for end-game content?

MrTarkanian48
MrTarkanian48
✭✭✭✭
This seems to be a large pain point for the player base. It seemed that many voiced their opinions in the last PTS, but no change was implemented. So another PTS, another poll.

Should items with Impenetrable trait be re-added to the loot tables for the following end-game areas: Undaunted Chests, Loot drops from bosses in 4-man dungeons and 12-man trials, Chest drops from Vet Maelstrom Arena, Drops from Vet Dragonstar Arena, and Gear vendors in Cyrodiil and IC?
Edited by MrTarkanian48 on June 29, 2016 7:35PM
Wood Elf Stam NB (PVP)
Redguard Stam Sorc (PVP)
Altmer NB (DPS)
Imperial DK (Tank)
Redguard DK (DPS)
Altmer Templar (Healer)

EP - PS4

Should Impenetrable trait be added to loot tables for end-game content? 183 votes

Yes. Please bring Impenetrable back.
81%
FENGRUSHwayfarerxJoy_DivisionKochDerDamonenagabahmeatshieldb14_ESOArmitasBowserErock25IvysaurDrazekLightspeedflashb14_ESOopajXaelXsorusBirdovicWtrengadamtotb16_ESOTurelusquadraxis666Edenprime 149 votes
No. Leave it out.
14%
PetrosShadesofkinMadyDracaneGigasaxDarlonkhele23eb17_ESOreclaimervii.sierra117ub17_ESOStillianWoelerKnewosSarevoccMissBizzAnhedonieMrCray78Ra'Shtarelfforce1BackFreckleKammakaziViveun 27 votes
Other. (Explain)
3%
hayaschwarzpemajuhasmanSublimeSparoTheHsNsusmitdsEp1kMalware 7 votes
  • MrTarkanian48
    MrTarkanian48
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bump
    Wood Elf Stam NB (PVP)
    Redguard Stam Sorc (PVP)
    Altmer NB (DPS)
    Imperial DK (Tank)
    Redguard DK (DPS)
    Altmer Templar (Healer)

EP - PS4
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm happy for all traits (yes even those useless ones) to be added to both the PvP Vendor and PvE Drops however they both would require the rate adjusted.

Seeing that gold chests will always drop a shoulder and you can trade helms within the dungeons I don't think expanding the traits table is a bad thing now.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    i know it's a PvP trait but that was what encouraged more people to do dungeons, i say bring it back not because it needs to be there, but because it encourages more people to use the dungeons.
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

• SolarCat02
    SolarCat02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dsalter wrote: »
    i know it's a PvP trait but that was what encouraged more people to do dungeons, i say bring it back not because it needs to be there, but because it encourages more people to use the dungeons.

Not to mention, removing it from PvE sets removes the opportunity to try some unique builds for PvP.

And I am saying this as someone who spends more time in PvE. I still want the opportunity to get Impenetrable from my drops, even though I won't use them as much as my Divines and Infused.

If you are worried about newer players using them in PvE thinking they will help, you can always add something about "enemy players" to the Impenetrable description.
    Why be normal when you can be better?

Elissandra Ravenwing, Magicka Dragonknight Healer
    Lady Kalila, Stamina Templar DPS
    Stands-in-Danger, Nightblade Saptank
    Zalarah, Stamina Dragonknight DPS
  • Petros
    Petros
    ✭✭✭
    No. Leave it out.
    Leave it out. Impen has no purpose what so ever in PvE. I can't stress this enough, PvE content mobs/bosses don't and can't crit.
    "Our light will bring the dawning of a new hope!" ~ Petros Fordring -The Order of Mundus
    - VR16 Imperial Dragonknight (DC -NA) & The One Handed Tank
  • Rajajshka
    Rajajshka
    ✭✭✭
    Bring impen back, leave prosperous and training out
  • MrTarkanian48
    MrTarkanian48
    ✭✭✭✭
    Petros wrote: »
    Leave it out. Impen has no purpose what so ever in PvE. I can't stress this enough, PvE content mobs/bosses don't and can't crit.

@Petros Thank you for your opinion.

It appears that you are not interested in PVP, which many players aren't, and your logic makes sense from that perspective.

If they were to remove Prosperous and Training from the loot tables, and re-instate Impenetrable, would this be an acceptable compromise?

Your RNG chances for your desired gear (most likely divines/infused) would improve with one less trait available, and also PVE content would be more attractive to primarily PVP players.

I only ask from the perspective of a player who is interested in both PVE and PVP. From this perspective, many of the sets that drop in trials/dungeons would be viable in a PVP setting, but not optimal without Impenetrable trait.
    Wood Elf Stam NB (PVP)
    Redguard Stam Sorc (PVP)
    Altmer NB (DPS)
    Imperial DK (Tank)
    Redguard DK (DPS)
    Altmer Templar (Healer)

EP - PS4
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This shouldn't even need a poll its should have never been taken out of the loot table.
  • Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, put in Impen for PVPers and take Prosperous and Training completely out of end game loot tables.
    Far too many characters to list any more.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they decide training and prosperous are ok, then why not impenetrable? I'd prefer that they take training and prosperous out and put impen in, but the inconsistency they have now is just completely illogical. They say PvE'ers don't want impen, but I'll let you in on a little secret ZoS. We don't much care for training or prosperous on our end game gear either. I'd rather have a trait I will use when I pvp from time to time over one that instantly gets deconstructed. I'll never understand the itemization team in this game.
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Only if it is bind on equip
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
  • MrTarkanian48
    MrTarkanian48
    ✭✭✭✭
    If they decide training and prosperous are ok, then why not impenetrable? I'd prefer that they take training and prosperous out and put impen in, but the inconsistency they have now is just completely illogical. They say PvE'ers don't want impen, but I'll let you in on a little secret ZoS. We don't much care for training or prosperous on our end game gear either. I'd rather have a trait I will use when I pvp from time to time over one that instantly gets deconstructed. I'll never understand the itemization team in this game.

I agree.

I understand that there are a lot of people that do either PVP or PVE, which is a divide in the community in many areas.

However, I feel like the many players, at least that I play with, enjoy both. I have multiple toons, some are set up for PVE content, and some are set up for PVP content.

I guess the inconsistency seems to be that all PVP sets are BOP, and available in all traits. So in the event that a PVE tank would want to run black rose, or a stam dps would want to run Marksman (just a couple examples), they would be able to buy them on guild traders AND get find them in all desired PVE traits (divines, infused, etc.).

However, if a player wanted an impen monster helm or shoulder, they need to wait for it for it to hit the Elite Gear vendor. Considering there are two items every weekend, the odds of the piece you need being offered will be on a 5 month rotation (assuming they are rotating each piece and not repeating). God forbid you don't log on the weekend you need. Also if they wanted ebon, Akaviri Dragonguard (next patch), worm etc in impen, they will just be out of luck.

Eliminating Prosperous and Training, and reinstating Impen to gear drops is a win/win for both PVE and PVP players IMO. Better RNG overall, and the potential for useful traits available for both.
    Edited by MrTarkanian48 on June 30, 2016 7:42PM
    Wood Elf Stam NB (PVP)
    Redguard Stam Sorc (PVP)
    Altmer NB (DPS)
    Imperial DK (Tank)
    Redguard DK (DPS)
    Altmer Templar (Healer)

EP - PS4
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Impenetrable is a BIS endgame trait (for pvp but none the less).

Prosperous and training are the traits that should not be on endgame loot tables.

This statement would only make sense if ALL gearsets could also be aquired in pvp or via crafting.
    Edited by Derra on June 30, 2016 7:59PM
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Got to love folks who are considerate to other people who enjoy different aspects of ESO.
  • Shiftypaste
    Shiftypaste
    Soul Shriven

This is just ignorant.

Gear you get from dungeons and trials is not exclusively used in pve content, ie: Viper's Sting. What you are saying is the same as saying all gear attained from rewards for the worthy should always be impenetrable.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remove Prosperous.
    Remove Training.

Add Impenetrable.

Done.
  • SublimeSparo
    SublimeSparo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other. (Explain)
    Doncellius wrote: »
    Remove Prosperous.
    Remove Training.

Add Impenetrable.

Done.

QFT
    PS4 EU CP900. PS4 NA CP600,
    vAA HM ☆ vHRC HM ☆ vSO HM ☆ vMOL
    4th Console vMOL clear,
    vMA cleared on all classes stam & magic

My Tribe
    EU
    High Sparo - Altmer - mSo DD.
    Wood Sparo - Bosmer - sNB DD
    Nord Sparo - Nord -sDK DD/Tank.
    Bubble Girl - Imperial -sTe DD
    Succubus Sue - Breton - mNB Tank.
    Andrana Stormlock - Altmer - mTe Healer/ DD
    Elvali Marvani - Dunmer - mDK DD.
    Venemus Draconem - Redguard - sDK DD
    Jayri Leki - Redguard - sSo DD.
    Miss Jabsalot - Altmer - mTe PvP DD/ Tank
    Mireli Hlaano - Dunmer - mNB DD.
    Ms Shanks - Redguard - sNB DD/ le bank

NA
    Dilemma Dame - Altmer - mDK DD
    Stamsorc Kitty - Redguard - sSor DD
    Aia Draconis - Imperial - sDK Tank
    Decides-Who-Lives - Argonian - mTe Healer
    You wont stop me - Altmer - mSo DD
    Stab in the dark - Khajiit - sNB DD
    Jabjabjab Beambeambeam - Dunmer - mTe DD
    Spatium Auxiliarus - Imperial - hTe Tank&bank
    Spectre - Altmer - mNB DD
    Can't-Main-Tank -Argonian - sDK offTank
  • Vangy
    Vangy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. Leave it out.
    Crap voted wrongly...

1. REMOVE/DESTROY/BURN/OBLITERATE poop-R-US and Trolling from loot table.
    2. Put back impen.

That is all.
    (2)V16 Dk- stam dps/stam tank/mag dps
    (2)V16 Sorc- mag dps/stam dps
    (2)V16 nb- stam dps/mag dps
    (1)v16 temp- mag tank/mag dps
    CP: 610 and counting

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates! Viva la revolutionz
  • hayaschwarz
    hayaschwarz
    ✭✭✭
    Other. (Explain)
    Unless they remove those new useless traits, like prosperous, charged, sturdy and such, I don't want another useless trait for my loot table, to reduce my Chance of getting divines or infused by another 100 Multiplier! Also even if impen is added, it will be nearly impossible to get it, as it is with any other desired trait.....
    haya-sw - Stamina Dragonknight / Tank
    Shrouded Lachance - Stamina Nightblade / Tank
    Healer le Bobo - Magicka Templar
    Haya-Jr - Magicka Dragonknight
    C-Frags Haya - Magicka Sorcerer
    Hi Ya - Magicka Nightblade
    Haya-Jr II - Stamina Dragonknight / Tank

Co-Founder and Officer of Well Fitted, PvE leading EU DC Guild
  • Elyu
    Elyu
    ✭✭✭
    1: Keep drop rates EXACTLY where they are, DO NOT reduce them.

2: Add impen back to loot tables

3: Remove prosperous and training from loot tables.

4: Tweak loot tables so there are separate ones for armour types (i.e. remove reinforced from light armour loot tables)
  • Darlon
    Darlon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. Leave it out.
    Elyu wrote: »
    1: Keep drop rates EXACTLY where they are, DO NOT reduce them.

2: Add impen back to loot tables

3: Remove prosperous and training from loot tables.

4: Tweak loot tables so there are separate ones for armour types (i.e. remove reinforced from light armour loot tables)

This would be great.

I originally voted no because I don't want another trait added to the loot tables which would reduce the chance for a divine piece even more... However if above would be implemented I would gladly change to 'Yes'

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom , @Wrobel Listen to your players for a change, and remove those crappy prosperous and training traits on endgame gear... nobody wants them....
    Edited by Darlon on July 1, 2016 11:46AM
  • IxskullzxI
    IxskullzxI
    ✭✭✭✭
    Unless they remove those new useless traits, like prosperous, charged, sturdy and such, I don't want another useless trait for my loot table, to reduce my Chance of getting divines or infused by another 100 Multiplier! Also even if impen is added, it will be nearly impossible to get it, as it is with any other desired trait.....

Easy killer. Some of us actually use sturdy.
    #HowDoYouLikeYourDK?
  • clocksstoppe
    clocksstoppe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree but only if prosperous goes away. *** garbage trait.
  • Zinaroth
    Zinaroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭

A lot of people including myself would like to be able to get gear we can use in PvP from PvE.
    And that is coming from a member of a guild who is currently among the best in the world when it comes to raid progress in this game.

EDIT: I think they should just completely remove the "Prosperous" trait and replace it with Impenetrable. That way it makes no difference for people who don't want the trait and PvPers get a chance to farm for the gear they want. I think this could be agreeable for both sides since noone wants "Prosperous".
    Edited by Zinaroth on July 1, 2016 12:41PM
  • Shadesofkin
    Shadesofkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. Leave it out.
    I actually stand by the idea that we should have separate loot tables for PvE and PvP so I'm going to go with no.
    @shadesofkin -NA Server.
    Tier 2 Player.
    MagDK Main forever (even in the bad times)
  • Ampnode
    Ampnode
    ✭✭✭✭
    I actually stand by the idea that we should have separate loot tables for PvE and PvP so I'm going to go with no.

Yeah, let's just make 80%+ of sets that drop from PvE completely useless in PvP. Sure, definitely doesn't sound at all ignorant or a give off a sense of self-entitlement at all.
    PC NA - CP640+

Characters:
    Amp - Magicka Nightblade
    Amp - Magicka Sorcerer
    Amp - Magicka Templar
    Amp - Stamina Dragonknight
    Amp - Stamina Templar
    Amp - Magicka Dragonknight
    Amp - Stamina Sorcerer
    Amp - Stamina Nightblade
  • IxskullzxI
    IxskullzxI
    ✭✭✭✭

So pvpers have to wait for the undaunted vendor to sell the piece they need, while in pve you can get a key on each character every day and run unlimited dungeons for the helmet? Ok.
    #HowDoYouLikeYourDK?
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If anything just add PvE dungeons and trial sets to the weekly vendor at least if they don't want us to do PVE we should still have a chance at getting the gear in a useful trait.
  • Petros
    Petros
    ✭✭✭
    No. Leave it out.
    If this does happen, I DO NOT want to hear ppl qqing about the fact that with the right set up with new traits, that some tanks might be indestructible in pvp. We always get blamed and nerfed.
    Edited by Petros on July 3, 2016 2:08PM
    "Our light will bring the dawning of a new hope!" ~ Petros Fordring -The Order of Mundus
    - VR16 Imperial Dragonknight (DC -NA) & The One Handed Tank
  • Shadesofkin
    Shadesofkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. Leave it out.
    IxskullzxI wrote: »

So pvpers have to wait for the undaunted vendor to sell the piece they need, while in pve you can get a key on each character every day and run unlimited dungeons for the helmet? Ok.

Yes.

Look, I know that you all don't like that response, but considering the demands that PvP players make on a regular basis for class changes like attempting to make stamina morphs for things that don't need it or demanding DK's lose one of its current skills for an execute, I'm not going to sympathize. You've got your world, I don't run into Cyrodil for anything if I can avoid it and I'm ok with that. I have no desire to wear any PvP set that comes out, I wouldn't want them to be great for PvE either.

I think PvP is irrelevant, I don't care about it and I don't need more trash added to my chance at loot tables that I'm just going to end up deconning.
    Edited by Shadesofkin on July 3, 2016 3:42PM
    @shadesofkin -NA Server.
    Tier 2 Player.
    MagDK Main forever (even in the bad times)