Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Game Performance Issues on Console

ZOS_JessicaFolsom
ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Community Manager
(Cross-posted to the Xbox One Technical Support forum area)

Since Dark Brotherhood launched on Xbox One and PlayStation 4, we have been working on fixes for a combination of issues some of our console players have been experiencing. These include crashes to dashboard, certain characters in high population areas becoming stuck in a crash loop, unusually long loading screens, high latency/poor FPS, and NPCs, monsters, and/or fixtures not properly loading when logging in and/or entering a new zone.

We are currently testing some fixes for these issues. Once the fixes pass testing and resolve these issues, they will go into the next console incremental patch. If for some reason the fixes do not pass testing, we'll continue working on fixes and hold the next console incremental patch to avoid any further delays. Console incremental patches do require a little extra time due to the certification process, so these fixes will still take a few weeks. If we find that we can hotfix these issues sooner, of course, we certainly will.

If you have a character that you are currently unable to log into due to crashing upon login, please contact our Support team. We will move your character to another location. Also, we have found that the areas players are crashing most frequently in are the cities of Orsinium and Elden Root. If you're experiencing a high volume of crashes to dashboard in those areas, please consider avoiding those two areas until this issue is resolved.

Thank you all for your patience. We understand how frustrating this is for those who are experiencing these issues - we have our Engineering team working to get it resolved as soon as possible.
Jessica Folsom
Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
Staff Post
  • MaKTaiL
    MaKTaiL
    ✭✭✭✭
    You guys should include an in-game patch system so that you can push these small fixes faster. Most MMOs do this on console. Destiny, DC Universe, Warframe...
  • Reekes
    Reekes
    ✭✭
    Please acknowledge and fix the group finder not working at all. Ps4 EU. Cheers
  • MilwaukeeScott
    MilwaukeeScott
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not just Orsinium and Elden Root.

Use a wayshrine, any wayshrine. Run or ride away as soon as you land and you'll get a loading screen.

Join any dungeon. You have to wait a few minutes for the mobs to load so you can see them.

While in a dungeon, if you get into a fight and there are lots of mobs, fire and spells flying around, you're more than likely to Blue Screen.

Got Wayrest to pick up the Undaunted pledges. The lag, loading screens and Blue screens are rampant there.

This happens with every DLC since Imperial City. EVERY DLC SINCE IMPERIAL CITY!

Maybe you need a new Engineering team.
    PS4NA

All I see is hate and rage from people who don't understand how to.....
  • Swernik
    Swernik
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah the group finder on ps4 EU is very broken. It used to work kinda (have to wait 15min). But now even after 1 hour still no group.
  • Soulgirl
    Soulgirl
    ✭✭
    Yes please take note that the group finder DOES NOT WORK. Not mentioned in your post ZOS.
    PC player on EU server.
  • TARAFRAKA
    TARAFRAKA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also seeing absolutely no mention of the eso plus issues many Xbox members are having. @newblacksmurf
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TARAFRAKA wrote: »
    Also seeing absolutely no mention of the eso plus issues many Xbox members are having. @newblacksmurf

I really don't think they know what the problems are.
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • TARAFRAKA
    TARAFRAKA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sigh. Even just a general nod our direction would've been comforting considering it's been all over the last week on the forums.
  • dunk-420b16_ESO
    dunk-420b16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    You guys should give us an extention on out eso plus membership. Last night lag was so bad enemys were killing me before they even spawned inside old orsinium. After dieing 5 times in a row with seemingly nothing anywhere near me I gave up and went to bed.
  • mattpakls
    mattpakls
    Soul Shriven
    Can we get some clarity on the upcoming maintenance on the 27th, 28th, and 29th? Can we expect any attempts to fix the issues currently affecting the game? I'm still waiting on a reply from multiple support tickets that I've submitted and after calling Zenimax Media and being blown off and sent to a voicemail that I was supposed to get a callback from, I feel I've done the leg work and deserve some sort of response from someone. @ZOS_JessicaFolsom since you're the Community Manager, do you have any updates? There currently isn't an effective way to voice concerns or issues with this game using the current outlets provided by Zenimax Media. I would appreciate a reply.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager

We are also working on fixing issues with Xbox One players, specifically, having issues with their ESO Plus entitlements, and issues with the Grouping Tool/Activity Finder on all platforms. For the latter, we're currently testing a fix. If it's hotfixable (it might be) we'll be rolling it out as soon as possible.
    Jessica Folsom
    Staff Post
  • Sargentwilko51
    Sargentwilko51
    ✭✭✭

We are also working on fixing issues with Xbox One players, specifically, having issues with their ESO Plus entitlements, and issues with the Grouping Tool/Activity Finder on all platforms. For the latter, we're currently testing a fix. If it's hotfixable (it might be) we'll be rolling it out as soon as possible.

Any information on Thaumaturge not working properly for sweeps/jabs on Templars on console? The issue was in PTS and fixed before the update went to PC. Just didn't make the cut-off for console.
  • Daishichi
    Daishichi
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you all for your patience. We understand how frustrating this is for those who are experiencing these issues - we have our Engineering team working to get it resolved as soon as possible.

I hope they're paying you something, Jessica...you must hate signing into these forums every day. But I'll thank you for doing your thankless job, and treating the players with more respect than ZOS seems to.

ZOS should really think about posting exactly this kind of info on the login page. It would be a public commitment to fixing the problem...only a very small fraction of players ever log in to these forums. No offense, but putting a forum moderator in the position of making promises is only setting you up to make further apologies later. THEY should make a promise, to ALL of us. Set a deadline and meet it. And, if it turns out they can't, they should acknowledge their failure and be accountable for it.

Think Assasin's Creed Unity:
    http://uproxx.com/gammasquad/ubisoft-apologizes-gives-away-free-games-after-a-disastrous-assassins-creed-unity-launch/

On the possible plus side, Xbox NA was down this morning for maintenance. Dare I hope to make it through my dailies tonight without cursing at a load screen?
    Gamertag: SpideyGuy73
    Xbox One NA
    Grand Master Crafter
  • imnotanother
    imnotanother
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am crossing my fingers that a hot fix is in the near future.
    PS4: NA - AD PSN: imnotanother (Artell Lyeselle)
    Stamina NightBlade 810+ CP - PvP/Trials/Dungeon Ready
  • Spiderg1rl
    Spiderg1rl
    ✭✭✭
    We are also working on fixing issues with Xbox One players, specifically, having issues with their ESO Plus entitlements.

I have a few friends with this problem. Do we know what's causing it? They have stopped playing till it's fixed and I'd like to see my guild mates back in game :-)

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Edited by Spiderg1rl on June 29, 2016 6:14PM
  • Soneca798
    Soneca798
    ✭✭
    I've been having this issue ever since I bought the game, when I dodge roll I am stuck blocking for a second. This stops my stam regen and it breaks my momentum. I've looked everywhere to try to find a fix for this, I don't know what causes it and I would like some help, this bug is making me want to quit eso.
  • AJ_1988
    AJ_1988
    ✭✭✭
    Soneca798 wrote: »
    I've been having this issue ever since I bought the game, when I dodge roll I am stuck blocking for a second. This stops my stam regen and it breaks my momentum. I've looked everywhere to try to find a fix for this, I don't know what causes it and I would like some help, this bug is making me want to quit eso.

Try riding into a keep wall to defend only to mount again as soon as you dismount and fall on to the ground dismount then mount again. That's annoying.
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Despite several requests here, along with several , more threads, STILL no official acknowledgment of a broken group/activuty finder tool. It is meant to be an MMO.
  • smojaz101
    smojaz101
    After 2 years. 2 Good years ZOS, all you had to do was to improve the game in every way but instead every DLC broke it even more. How a patch can be released to console that is borderline unplayable is beyond me. High latency, Stuttering Fps and all that crap just in one patch. absolutely disgusting and incompetent in your part. People that anticipated it and subbed just for this release or patch need a refund. People that pay to play on consoles cant play because ZOS engineers didnt test the game before it was released on consoles. And if it was actually tested, and these issues were known its really disgraceful and shameful because this is up there in the greatest scam of all time.
    Shame ZOS. Shame.

NOW BECAUSE OF THE INCOMPETENCE OF ZOS, ESO PLUS MEMBERS ON PS4 WITH THE STUTTERING ISSUES WOULD HAVE TO WAIT TILL ANOTHER INCREMENTAL PATCH, WHICH IS ROUGHLY A MONTH. IMAGINE PAYING FOR A WATCH AND NOT BEING ABLE TO TELL THE TIME FOR A MONTH. RIDICULOUS. I'VE COME TO A CONCLUSION THAT THE IMPORTANT ISSUES NEVER GETS FIXED IN THIS GAME, THEY JUST WAIT UNTIL ITS NO LONGER THE BIGGEST PROBLEM OR HOPE PEOPLE LEAVE THE GAME SO THE SERVERS ARE LESS BUSY AND THEY HOPE THE PROBLEM IS SOLVED.

SERIOUSLY ESO IS A REALLY BEAUTIFUL GAME. ONLY BAD THING ABOUT IT IS HOW THEY DONT GIVE A DAMN ABOUT THEIR PLAYER BASE AND LISTENING TO THEIR CUSTOMERS.

AND BY THE WAY WHEN THIS GETS FIXED, PLAYERS THAT HAVE BEEN AFFECTED NEED SOME SORT OF TOKEN FOR STICKING WITH YOUR INCOMPETENCE FOR THIS LONG.

UTTERLY DISGUSTING.
    Edited by smojaz101 on July 1, 2016 5:52AM
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager

Hi everyone,

We have identified a cause of the majority of the crashes to dashboard and crash loops that some characters are getting caught in on Xbox One and PlayStation 4. The issue is related to memory, and we have a fix that improves memory handling for both console clients.

We are rolling out this fix on both Xbox One and PlayStation 4 on Wednesday, July 6. Once this fix goes live, you should no longer see frequent crashes to dashboard and crash loops on specific characters.

In the meantime, we’d like to ask for your help. The highest volume of crash loops we’re seeing are in and around Orsinium and Wrothgar, especially where you pick up and do Crafting Writs, and to a lesser degree in Elden Root and Grahtwood. If you are experiencing crashing those areas, we ask that you please consider staying out of them until we patch the issue on Wednesday of next week—we’d greatly appreciate it. If your character does get stuck in a crash loop, our Support team can move your character if you contact them. If they do have to move your character, please be sure to not return to that area as they won’t be able to move you a second time until they’ve moved everyone waiting for their first character move – which could mean they won’t get to you before the 6th.

There is still one edge-case crash cause in Orsinium that we are working on a fix for, but it is easily avoidable. If you Wayshrine into Orsinium (the city) and quickly run into the city, especially with a movement speed buff on, you may crash. Waiting a few seconds before moving after you Wayshrine into Orsinium will greatly reduce the likelihood that you will crash. This issue will be fixed in a future patch.

Thank you for your patience as we worked to resolve this issue. After the patch goes live on Wednesday, please let us know if you are running into any other crash issues on Xbox One and PlayStation 4.
    Jessica Folsom
    Staff Post
  • Codeman223344
    MaKTaiL wrote: »
    You guys should include an in-game patch system so that you can push these small fixes faster. Most MMOs do this on console. Destiny, DC Universe, Warframe...

had no clue destiny was considered an MMO
  • ButtersEP
    ButtersEP
    ✭✭✭
    We should get jubilee cake events or something for the shenanigans, I'm here because I was literally just kicked and I'm killing time to log back in.
  • AJ_1988
    AJ_1988
    ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

We have identified a cause of the majority of the crashes to dashboard and crash loops that some characters are getting caught in on Xbox One and PlayStation 4. The issue is related to memory, and we have a fix that improves memory handling for both console clients.

We are rolling out this fix on both Xbox One and PlayStation 4 on Wednesday, July 6. Once this fix goes live, you should no longer see frequent crashes to dashboard and crash loops on specific characters.

In the meantime, we’d like to ask for your help. The highest volume of crash loops we’re seeing are in and around Orsinium and Wrothgar, especially where you pick up and do Crafting Writs, and to a lesser degree in Elden Root and Grahtwood. If you are experiencing crashing those areas, we ask that you please consider staying out of them until we patch the issue on Wednesday of next week—we’d greatly appreciate it. If your character does get stuck in a crash loop, our Support team can move your character if you contact them. If they do have to move your character, please be sure to not return to that area as they won’t be able to move you a second time until they’ve moved everyone waiting for their first character move – which could mean they won’t get to you before the 6th.

There is still one edge-case crash cause in Orsinium that we are working on a fix for, but it is easily avoidable. If you Wayshrine into Orsinium (the city) and quickly run into the city, especially with a movement speed buff on, you may crash. Waiting a few seconds before moving after you Wayshrine into Orsinium will greatly reduce the likelihood that you will crash. This issue will be fixed in a future patch.

Thank you for your patience as we worked to resolve this issue. After the patch goes live on Wednesday, please let us know if you are running into any other crash issues on Xbox One and PlayStation 4.

Does this include dashboarding in cyrodiil, will that be improved with fix?
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Hi everyone,

Will this fix the invisible mobs and multiple loading screens in dungeons, or just when just moving from point A to B? Will it improve general console performance, which has taken a massive hit?

Edit: Also, will activity finder be fixed?
    Edited by Peekachu99 on July 2, 2016 9:09AM
  • Harvickgm
    Harvickgm
    I'm glad that this is finally being fixed, but what's irritating that I have been reporting this problem for over 6 months and they just ignored me, but luckily with the last patch it affected so many people that finally ZOS decided to do something about it. I haven't been able to go into orsinium or Emden root in a very long time due to crash loops, I even sent them a video showing g my relogging 10 times just to get out and was told it was my internet. Its about time we get some fixes for this
  • SolarCat02
    SolarCat02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought it was a memory leak, since it improved immediately after the server maintenance but was back to the usual by that evening. It's good to know it's been found and will be fixed.

I am hoping this also fixes the random load screens everywhere (including solo dungeons), the invisible enemies and NPCs, and assorted other issues that really took a spike in frequency with the Dark Brotherhood update.

It will be good to be able to do writs without fear again. And Maelstrom Arena!
    Why be normal when you can be better?

Elissandra Ravenwing, Magicka Dragonknight Healer
    Lady Kalila, Stamina Templar DPS
    Stands-in-Danger, Nightblade Saptank
    Zalarah, Stamina Dragonknight DPS
  • Baelgulub17_ESO
    Baelgulub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    So no mention or ETA on a group finder fix I take it then? Glad to hear you guys are at least fixing the stuff that was making this game near un-playable. Of course since I am a solo player and only have a tank, its still pretty close to un-playable for me without group finder working. Probably will be cancelling my ESO plus because it's just not worth paying for a game that gets so insanely unstable for such a long duration, its been what, 4 weeks of this?
  • mistermutiny89
    mistermutiny89
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    7 months to fix Orsinium city?

Bravo! Give yourselves a big pat on the back.

I guess there was the 6 months of denying and ignoring us too... So that didn't help. But hey, we'll just have to see how fixed it really is on Wednesday!
    Guild Leader : Defenders Of Miley
    XB1 EU
    EP | VR16 Breton NB -mistermutiny
    AD | VR16 Dunmer DK - Grigori
    AD | VR16 Altmer Sorcerer - Isvoleet
    AD | VR16 Imperial DK - Leonidas
    AD | VR16 Bosmer NB - Hood
    AD | VR16 Breton Templar - Dante
    AD | VR16 Redguard Sorcerer - Raiden
    AD | VR7 Khajiit Templar - Ike'ilyew
    DC | 160 Breton NB - Vergil

"Hmmm... Very convincing.. Does the illusion apply to.. Everywhere? Perhaps this one should have a moment alone in private to double check" - Razum'Dar
  • Panth141
    Panth141
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Will this help with the random loading screens/NPCs not loading in for over a minute in zones?
    I'm farming skyshards right now and I hit a loading screen every 2/3 minutes, it's... infuriating!
    PS4 EU - Panth141 | CP 630+
    Dominion
    Almalexia's Fallen - Magicka Dragonknight - PvE Main
    Lost Hope of Sotha Sil - Magicka Dragonknight - PvP Main
    Claws-in-pockets - Stamina Nightblade - PvE/P DPS
    Nocturnal's Guise - Magicka Nightblade - PvE DPS
    Udun - Magicka Templar - PvP Healer
    Onsi's Shattered Blade - Stamina Sorcerer - Dungeon/vMA Farmer
    Stands-like-Mountains - Magicka Nightblade - PvE Saptank
    Auri-El's Forgotten Light - Magicka Sorcerer - PvP DPS

Covenant
    Tharkün - Magicka Sorcerer - PvE DPS
    Rahai-Anaa - Stamina Dragonknight - Provisioner (lol)

Pact
    Perolis - Magicka Sorcerer - Enchanter/Alchemist/BwB PvP

• Reekes
    Reekes
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Positive news thank you but can you please comment on whether it is going to sort the group finder out?