The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

A New class should be a priority for Devs, and i hope it happens

Vaedur
Vaedur
Soul Shriven
A New class i believe should be an important priority for DEVS. I feel this way because it could:

1) add a play-style this game does not have, to appeal to more players
2) add replay ability for hardcore players who have played the four classes to death
3) add a revenue source by making it a pay to play class, or free with ESo plus (yes I'm suggesting this)

Here are my suggestions:
Bard - Magicka Buffs group , Stamina Debuffs Monsters
Ranger - Archer class, can do uniquie morphs to bow skills to be Magicka or stamina based
Necro - Cause i like necro'ing old threads/ideas
Spellsword - everything scales off the "LOWEST" of total Magicka and stamina.. a true hybrid class

Those are my ideas.. Could come up with more,but these seem to fit the Elderscrolls world, imo
  • Unsent.Soul
    Unsent.Soul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No new classes... despite balance they can't even get skills to work properly on original classes. Skills that have been broken since release. You want a new class with more of these issues?
    Options
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spellsword would be a Troll anti-min-max Class by your definitions, xD
    Options
  • Smasherx74
    Smasherx74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, we have a Mage (Templar/Sorc) Thief (Nightblade) and Warrior (DK)

To make it even better

Conjuration: Sorc
    Restoration: Templar
    Illusion: Nightblade
    Destruction: DK

There is no need for a new class, how about an unarmed weapon skill tree for Stam heals? That'd be pretty cool.
    Master Debater
    Options
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm actually quite content with the current classes, and would prefer they focus on new skill lines that everyone can access if they're to add any new active abilities at all.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
    Options
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bard . Yes please .
    Options
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do wish there was a class with a line focused on Ice Magic, like it is the case with the other elements :T
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
    Options
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What is offered to players is what the generic mobs are built upon also. The only "new" class I can think of ZOS creating would be necromancer. I guess it would be similar in a sense to a sorc. With the ability to summon zombies and skeletons. Instead of summon deadroth, necromancer would summon flesh atronach or bone colossus.
    Options
  • Luigi_Vampa
    Luigi_Vampa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wish they hadn't scrapped the Warden class.
    PC/EU DC
    Options
  • CaptainVenom
    CaptainVenom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smasherx74 wrote: »

I'm a rare Mage (Nightblade). lol

New class? Maybe... what about class specialization? Like Sorcerer being able to change to Necromancer for example, and earning a new 4th perk with summoning and debuffs.

🌈 Ride with Pride 🌈Magicka/Damage Necromancer - PC - NA - DC
    Options
  • Smasherx74
    Smasherx74
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm a rare Mage (Nightblade). lol

New class? Maybe... what about class specialization? Like Sorcerer being able to change to Necromancer for example, and earning a new 4th perk with summoning and debuffs.

Um what? Nightblades are obviously assassin/thief class due to their stealth ability.
    Master Debater
    Options
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.

They can't even properly balance the classes they have or make their abilities work properly.
    Edited by Grao on June 30, 2016 3:57PM
    Options
  • CaptainVenom
    CaptainVenom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Um what? Nightblades are obviously assassin/thief class due to their stealth ability.

Sort of. Magicka Nightblades are really nice to play, tho. In fact Sorc as mages, NB as rogues, DK as warriors and Templar as knights are just a gameplay suggestion from ESO, not a rule.
    🌈 Ride with Pride 🌈Magicka/Damage Necromancer - PC - NA - DC
    Options
  • Smasherx74
    Smasherx74
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sort of. Magicka Nightblades are really nice to play, tho. In fact Sorc as mages, NB as rogues, DK as warriors and Templar as knights are just a gameplay suggestion from ESO, not a rule.

I was categorizing the classes according to previous elder scroll games skills. There is no such thing as a knite or rouge in ES lore, the vigilant of stendar wore heavy armor and used resto magic so maybe you could claim that's a knite. But there is no rouge they are all thiefs and assassins.
    Master Debater
    Options
  • Ravinsild
    Ravinsild
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want a Druid/Monk unarmed/melee class that channels the spirit of the various animals for damage (Wolf Spirit, Tiger Spirit, Snake Spirit, Eagle Spirit, Bear Spirit, Fox Spirit, there's a ton from Nords, Wood Elves and others.)

It would be a martial artist style class that could have high mobility dashes as the Eagle or group buffs+DPS as the Wolf or be a tank/protector as Bear or whatever.

Plus I want the Necromancer line, one could focus on melee attacks and buffing your weapon, one on raising the undead and minions and one on long ranged death magic spells so you could get the Dark Knight/Black Guard/Death Knight/Anti-Paladin class in there + the classic necromancer raise dead spell caster trope too.
    Options
  • Van_0S
    Van_0S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bard . Yes please .

What about dancer? :p
    Jokes aside, bard is a guild and not a class in TES lore.( skyrim as the bard college aka bard guild)
    Ravinsild wrote: »
    I want the Necromancer line

Soul skill line is the necromancer skill line but its limited and useless except the ultimate.
    Edited by Van_0S on June 30, 2016 4:24PM
    Options
  • Kalifas
    Kalifas
    ✭✭✭
    Classcrafting Concept

Give it to me :D , but not at the expense of cutting performance corners.
    An Avid fan of Elder Scrolls Online. Check out my Concepts Repository!
    Options
  • bloodenragedb14_ESO
    bloodenragedb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    they should add more skill lines, but not new classes

maybe finally work on spellcrafting dammit
    Options
  • Panth141
    Panth141
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I was categorizing the classes according to previous elder scroll games skills. There is no such thing as a knite or rouge in ES lore, the vigilant of stendar wore heavy armor and used resto magic so maybe you could claim that's a knite. But there is no rouge they are all thiefs and assassins.

*Ahem*

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Knights_of_the_Nine

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Classes

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Classes
    PS4 EU - Panth141 | CP 630+
    Dominion
    Almalexia's Fallen - Magicka Dragonknight - PvE Main
    Lost Hope of Sotha Sil - Magicka Dragonknight - PvP Main
    Claws-in-pockets - Stamina Nightblade - PvE/P DPS
    Nocturnal's Guise - Magicka Nightblade - PvE DPS
    Udun - Magicka Templar - PvP Healer
    Onsi's Shattered Blade - Stamina Sorcerer - Dungeon/vMA Farmer
    Stands-like-Mountains - Magicka Nightblade - PvE Saptank
    Auri-El's Forgotten Light - Magicka Sorcerer - PvP DPS

Covenant
    Tharkün - Magicka Sorcerer - PvE DPS
    Rahai-Anaa - Stamina Dragonknight - Provisioner (lol)

Pact
    Perolis - Magicka Sorcerer - Enchanter/Alchemist/BwB PvP

Options
  • Van_0S
    Van_0S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZO$, won't add any new class or combat abilities ,again!. They have changed their model into a $$Crown $tore$$ business model.
    Options
  • MaxwellC
    MaxwellC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Vaedur
    Nah IMO they need to add 1 or 2 skills for each class skill-line to breath some fresh air that this game desperately needs. You always see the same set of skills being used yet nothing new strikes you because there's nothing new to begin with. I think a class should come after the new skills.
    不動の Steadfast - Unwavering
    XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
    XB1 Maxwell Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Redguard Stamina DK
    XB1 Max Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Brenton Magicka DK
    PC Maxwell-Crystal - NA DC - CP 200+ Brenton Magicka DK 「Retired」
    Band Camp statements: To state "But this one time I saw X doing X... so that justifies X" Refers to the Band camp statement.
    Coined by Maxwel
    l
    Options
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    while I would love to see a new class ZOS needs to fix and overhual Sorcerers first a class they broke even more with DB before they even consider making a new class.
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
    Options
  • Xizzicks
    Xizzicks
    Soul Shriven
    I would be so down for a class/skill tree that can summon bound weapons and armor! That's my favored playstyle in skyrim.
    Options
  • Van_0S
    Van_0S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    they should add more skill lines, but not new classes

maybe finally work on spellcrafting dammit

They will add useless PvE passives and no actives, like when purchasing this passive your character will emit an aura of your choice that comes in various flavors, only in PvE zones.
    List of each unique aura will cost 2500 crowns each.
    Options
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If anything, they should do away with classes altogether. Not that I think it's going to happen.
    Options
  • Sporvan
    Sporvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bard College should be a Guild not a class.
    Options
  • AJ_1988
    AJ_1988
    ✭✭✭
    Priority 1: listen to the fan base that actually know things.

Priority 2: fix what's broken, can't happen without number 1.

They should be the only priorities.

Nuff said. Goodbye and goodnight :)
    Options
  • Kalifas
    Kalifas
    ✭✭✭
    Guild? Class? I just want to be the guy with an instrument that can obliterate people with my arrpeggios! ;)
    Options
  • Lumenn
    Lumenn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Screenshot_2016-06-09-07-48-38_1_zps9hcuz3u4.jpg

Tang Mo Monks!

Seriously I'd like to see a class that starts with stamina skills and have a FEW magicka morphs. A REAL melee class based on using a bo(staff) hand to hand. Throwing stars for range. Maybe make skills based off of heath(chi?) Dunno just some ideas.
    Options
  • Kalifas
    Kalifas
    ✭✭✭
    Lumenn wrote: »

Tang Mo Monks!

Seriously I'd like to see a class that starts with stamina skills and have a FEW magicka morphs. A REAL melee class based on using a bo(staff) hand to hand. Throwing stars for range. Maybe make skills based off of heath(chi?) Dunno just some ideas.

You had me at hello.. :)

Probably won't happen thought because lore>gameplay in this mutha.
    Options
  • Lumenn
    Lumenn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kalifas wrote: »
    Lumenn wrote: »

Tang Mo Monks!

You had me at hello.. :)

Probably won't happen thought because lore>gameplay in this mutha.

Well, as for lore tang mo could have them. Besides, we have the moth priests/monks. Don't know, just cause they SEEM peaceful in their studies they might be our equivalent of buddha monks. Peaceful, until they're not....
    Edited by Lumenn on June 30, 2016 4:56PM
    Options