The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

A New class should be a priority for Devs, and i hope it happens

• Clerics1985
    Clerics1985
    ✭✭✭
    I still say we bring in the Monk!

monk-logo.jpg
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • davidj8291
    davidj8291
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once they fix their busted game, sure.

I want a viable pet build, maybe a Tamer class.

Each skill tree is a different "beast", like Bear, Tiger, Eagle, or something to that extent and using those abilities summons the pet to fight.
  • Anti_Virus
    Anti_Virus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want a hunter class that focuses on archery. This game seems to be all about melee weapons or magic I want more ranged playstyles even if it includes crossbows, slingshots and throwing axes/spears/knives
    Power Wealth And Influence.
  • jello
    jello
    ✭✭✭✭
    Before the Bugs arent fixed eso needs nothing.
    Dunmer - Nightblade
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    as soon as they balance the first four then they can think of new classes.... Maybe 2022... Third quarter.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaedur wrote: »
    A New class i believe should be an important priority for DEVS. I feel this way because it could:

1) add a play-style this game does not have, to appeal to more players
    2) add replay ability for hardcore players who have played the four classes to death
    3) add a revenue source by making it a pay to play class, or free with ESo plus (yes I'm suggesting this)

Here are my suggestions:
    Bard - Magicka Buffs group , Stamina Debuffs Monsters
    Ranger - Archer class, can do uniquie morphs to bow skills to be Magicka or stamina based
    Necro - Cause i like necro'ing old threads/ideas
    Spellsword - everything scales off the "LOWEST" of total Magicka and stamina.. a true hybrid class

Those are my ideas.. Could come up with more,but these seem to fit the Elderscrolls world, imo

Naw, just new guilds an organizations with more new skills and morphs would be fine.
    Leave the original our classes, and then a wider selection of guild skills to pick and choose from to effectively build our own classes.
    "As an online discussion of Tamrielic Lore grows longer, the probability of someone blaming a Dragon Break approaches 1." -- Sheds' Law
    Have you seen the Twin Lamps?
  • Elhanan
    Elhanan
    ✭✭✭
    No new classes. Increase diversity by adding new skill lines and spellcrafting.
  • ahill3780
    ahill3780
    Vaedur wrote: »
    1) add a play-style this game does not have, to appeal to more players

A game that doesn't crash when you hold the movement joystick in the full-forward position for more than 10 seconds would add a play style this game doesn't currently have and appeal to even more players. I think that should be a higher priority for the dev team.
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's actually the complete opposite: non-existent. They scrapped Warden at launch and have no plans to add new classes. At best all you can hope for is new skill lines for the existing classes.
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Van_0S wrote: »
    Bard . Yes please .

What about dancer? :p
    Jokes aside, bard is a guild and not a class in TES lore.( skyrim as the bard college aka bard guild)

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Classes#Bard
    http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Classes#Bard
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would rather see them add new weapon types with new skill lines. Maybe a second nonstamina weapon.
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would rather see them add new weapon types with new skill lines. Maybe a second nonstamina weapon.

We got 4 Magicka Weapons according to Wrobel...
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Staves are pretty much it.
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Illusion Staff? (like Abnur Tharn)
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tryxus wrote: »

Illusion Staff? (like Abnur Tharn)

Could work. Then people wouldn't hate NBs so much :p

Screw Tharn though gimme my own Khajiit Beech Illusion Staff with Damage Enchantment lol
    Edited by UltimaJoe777 on June 30, 2016 7:05PM
  • Shaun98ca2
    Shaun98ca2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No new classes.

Spellcrafting is a must. Skillcrafting would be nice too, add additional Stamina abilities to the weapons. The classes we have are fine as a starting point but there needs to be a larger universal variety of abilities to choose from. As well as good viable choices. Some of the stuff from the guilds is highly underused.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Smasherx74 wrote: »
    No, we have a Mage (Templar/Sorc) Thief (Nightblade) and Warrior (DK)

To make it even better

Conjuration: Sorc
    Restoration: Templar
    Illusion: Nightblade
    Destruction: DK

There is no need for a new class, how about an unarmed weapon skill tree for Stam heals? That'd be pretty cool.

I agree with you, but for example a Necromancer class would be quite fun
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They have bigger fish to fry. Once they take care of PVP lag and revamp the abysmal RNG system, we cant talk new class. You might not realize this if you just read the forums, but those of us that actually play all 4 classes know the game is by far the most balanced it has ever been. Is it perfect? No, that is not possible, but it is so much better than it used to be. I worry a 5th class would throw a huge wrench into all the progress that has been made. I have the same fears about spell crafting.
  • KloudKotuzai
    KloudKotuzai
    ✭✭
    This would be pointless, they are working on spell crafting. Which is basically the best way to approach this.
  • Lokryn
    Lokryn
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would rather see more Weapon Skills.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. A new class cannot be pay to play as it would be P2W with no question unless they made the class weak.

2.Most of OPs reasons are generic. Really little reason or need to add a new class. Adding a well thought out skill line open to all can do more.
    Edited by idk on June 30, 2016 7:31PM
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I disagree. The biggest problem in the game right now is server lag. Things are getting worse and it's carrying over into PVE as well. That should be a bigger priority than adding in another class.
    NA Server - Kildair
  • Eshelmen
    Eshelmen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eh, having only 4 classes is pretty lame for being an MMO.
    But they're 4 classes that are very different than one another. Which is cool.

But if I were to have a new class.
    I'd go with a Hunter.

Wielding a bow/gun while able to train any pet that you want to fight for you.
    Lay down nasty traps, have your beast pet go tank the target and you get to sit back and pick off the enemy.
    PC and PS4 EP only player
  • nine9six
    nine9six
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not one "Agree". I think that speaks volumes.
    Wake up, we're here. Why are you shaking? Are you ok? Wake up...
  • Eshelmen
    Eshelmen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nine9six wrote: »

check again :p
    PC and PS4 EP only player
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have always been excited for new classes in every game I have played but this one. That is because this is the only game I have ever played where they are still trying to get their original classes to work.
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well I agree with points 1 and 2, not with 3 :p
  • nine9six
    nine9six
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eshelmen wrote: »

check again :p

:disappointed:

:)
    Wake up, we're here. Why are you shaking? Are you ok? Wake up...
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Might've gotten more if this concept wasn't thrown around like a super bounce ball in a small closet.