Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why has impenetrable not been added to loot table?

Joy_Division
Joy_Division
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Zos, @Wrobel , @ZOS_JessicaFolsom , if you gave an answer during the last PTS session why you went out of your way to remove impenetrable from dropped items and added prosperous and training, can you please link it because I missed it.

Seriously, one day you decided that it was necessary for the betterment of the game to devote resources and make this change. As a customer, I want to know your reasoning behind it.

I also want to know why impenetrable continues to even be a trait if it is going to be considered the red-headed step-sister, something that is actually better off not being eligible for dropped loot. Why bother having it? All it does now is ruin build diversity since it performs a critical function in PvP and seeking to use the new sets that you offer us deprive players of that function. It is not consistent, it makes no sense to me, and just muddles up itemization.

If you are going to insist on questionable RNG loot system that hands out Marksman Lightning Staffs (clearly every archer's dream weapon), Training Infallible Aether Robes (because every character who beats Sanctum is in need of training), and Powered Mauls (something no healer leaves home without), can you please throw some impenetrable in there so there is at least a small chance I'll actually get something I'm genuinely excited about. That is the whole point for loot rewards, isn't it?

Edited by Joy_Division on June 28, 2016 10:42PM
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Completely agree if they add non endgame traits to the loot table why remove a desired End game trait from the loot table that people wanted.This makes me not want to do PVE even more especially when I know I can't even use any of the gear I collect.
  • NovaShadow
    NovaShadow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was mentioned in one of the ESO lives. Impen was removed because PVE mobs don't crit.
    PC NA - EPHS
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @NovaShadow can you link episode for me please.
  • NovaShadow
    NovaShadow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaronking wrote: »
    @NovaShadow can you link episode for me please.

I was trying to think which one but I don't remember exactly. I think it was when they talked about adding Impen to the Cyro vendor but I'm not fully sure. I just remember them saying it.
    Edited by NovaShadow on June 29, 2016 12:14AM
    PC NA - EPHS
  • NovaShadow
    NovaShadow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Jaronking found it for you

https://www.twitch.tv/zenimaxonlinestudios/v/67585054

At the 1 hour 28 min mark.
    PC NA - EPHS
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NovaShadow wrote: »
    @Jaronking found it for you

https://www.twitch.tv/zenimaxonlinestudios/v/67585054

At the 1 hour 28 min mark.

I see. Thank you for providing this.

Yes, @Wrobel , there is nice cross-over potential for impen on PvE gear. Whatever impression you may get from the forums regarding the rivalry between PvE and PvP players, some of us did at one point actually enjoying doing both. Not only that, some of us PvP players would like to sell the gear we get from AP to PvE players (so please dont make everything impen). There ought to be more encouragement for people to play and enjoy all of what ESO has to offer, not less.
  • Sythen88411
    Sythen88411
    ✭✭✭✭
    Because pve mobs dont crit...wow way to screw pvpers
  • Wollust
    Wollust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Please get impen on the loot table. Believe it or not, certain PvE dropped set are actually good for PvP.
    You are screwing more players over by having prosperous and training on the loot table for end game gear than impen.
    Susano'o

Zerg Squad
  • Birdovic
    Birdovic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This doesnt make sense.

I mean whats wrong with adding Impen, it makes RNG worse and People still are happy thanks to Impen being availaible finally.
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It was mentioned in one of the ESO lives. Impen was removed because PVE mobs don't crit.

And yet they just added 50% less durability damage to impen...which...does not occur in PvP. Seriously I just have given up on this company. They act like they are doing PvE a favor while every PvEr I see that gets prosperous or training is cursing zos. Do any of these people that make decisions for this game play their own game? How are we supposed to get these in impen at 1 dice roll a week? Why the heck is end game gear coming in Training?

Hey Guys. We heard you hate repair costs in PvE so we added 50% less durability damage to impen, then we made sure 0 of you could get your hands on it by putting it in PvP where there is no durability damage cause this is how we do things here in dis game.

Ok, someone who is good at math. Given the amount of monster sets, this pts included, and 1 monster set a week, how long would it most likely take for someone to get two matching pieces with impenetrable.
    Edited by Armitas on June 29, 2016 11:20AM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Armitas wrote: »

And yet they just added slower repair decay to impen...which...does not occur in PvP. Seriously I just have given up on this company.

Ok, someone who is good at math. Given the amount of monster sets, this pts included, and 1 monster set a week, how long would it most likely take for someone to get two matching pieces with impenetrable.

Just to get shoulders, slightly less than half a year to get the piece you want.

Supposing RNG is not a b**ch of course.
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Asmael wrote: »
    Armitas wrote: »

And yet they just added slower repair decay to impen...which...does not occur in PvP. Seriously I just have given up on this company.

Just to get shoulders, slightly less than half a year to get the piece you want.

Supposing RNG is not a b**ch of course.

Wow, that sucks even more than I imagined.
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Darlon
    Darlon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Knowing ZOS, their 'fix' is adding durability damage to pvp.....
  • Wollust
    Wollust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom, @ZOS_KaiSchober, @Wrobel
    This is like one of the most important questions at the moment so we would appreciate a statement regarding the matter.
    You never wanted to separate PvE and PvP regarding skills and balance and such, why did you start doing it with gear now? From a business perspective it's an incredibly stupid move to not add impen to the loot table of the new gear from the new dungeons. You just lose potential buyers that way.

Not to mention the fact that you like giving us RNG headache, so why relieve it with something that is actually important for one part of your game while handing out end game prosperous and training gear and senseless stuff like marksman resto and stuff like that?

It just doesn't make sense. At all. So please for the love of all those Tamriel gods out there, do something regarding this matter. Don't just ignore all the many posts that have been made about it.
    Edited by Wollust on June 29, 2016 4:05PM
    Susano'o

Zerg Squad
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Their Tel Var sets are also very inconsistent.

They seem to be spending way too much time creating eyelashes to notice their loot tables are all messed up.

Or worse... they don't care.
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<