The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

So I tried making a true Hybrid....

• Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doncellius wrote: »
    bigereard wrote: »
    I have decent hybrid build with pelinals:

1) Pelinals best used with DoT & HoT build.
    Because most of them have relatively low cost.
    (HoT is best because you only need to focus on healing CP instead of physical damage CP and spell damage CP)
    Or some skill with cost return like honor the dead.

2) Pelinals will have significant effect only if you have significant amount of either spell damage or weapon damage. At end game 4k++ full buffed is a decent number.
    To accommodate this you will need focused your build toward either spell damage or weapon damage.
    For example: Warrior's Fury + all weapon damage acc enchant + warrior mundus stone + dual wield + wrath + major/minor buff + flawless dawnbreaker + molag kena + balanced warrior

If most of your damage/heal comes from attributes then don't use pelinals.
    For example: your highest damage is 2500 spell damage and you have 50k magicka -> don't use pelinals

3) for attributes enchant will be best if you use prismatic.

4) Usually for hybrid I use stam-mag regen drink, but tri stat is also good.

5) One slot stamina weapon, other slot magicka weapon - I use dual wield & restoration staff

*please forgive my english

Using all tri-glyphs (infused on helm, chest, and legs) and split attributes into Magicka and Stamina, you will not even hit 20K in any of your three stat pools. If everything is Gold quality and you have lots of passives you can hit the 20K mark though. If trying to run any sort of survivable build, you'd stand no chance like this. Your resources would drain VERY fast.

Another good effort though!

It simply could not work effectively when actually put to play.

And your English was perfectly fine :)

Yeah I'm not a huge fan of the tri-glyphs.

My understanding of how to make pelinals effective would be to....

1. Pick what you are going for Stat pool wise. Either magicka or stamina.
    2. Stack weapon damage as high as possible in either heavy or medium armor.
    3. If you chose stamina - you can now use a resto staff but only one or two skills that are low cost. If you chose magicka, now you can use maybe one or two weapon skills or vigor as long as they are low cost.

I don't think you would want to split Stat pools or champion points. I would believe that stacking champion points toward the Stat pool you chose would be a decently viable build. Dk's would probably benefit the most from pelinals as they do not have a reliant self heal in pvp (dragonblood... Woof). It would take a lot of testing and tweaking to really get this how you want it, but might be possible. Will it be the best? Maybe, maybe not. It depends on play style. A lot of variables to determine on how it would perform to be honest.
    Options
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Hutch679

Guess what? This is me, http://www.phillipheath.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Phil-Heath-3431.jpg

Apologies to @Doncellius this is getting out of hand

Lmao that picture though! Thanks for the entertainment today. Do you talk like a pirate? "I'm gonna 'ave a crumpet with me mum" lol

[Edit to remove insulting content]
    Edited by [Deleted User] on June 24, 2016 5:46PM
    Options
  • Aemon_Isklexi
    Aemon_Isklexi
    ✭✭✭
    With resources being so tight on a hybrid build, perhapts a nightblade with siphoning attacks would make the best candidate for a hybrid.
    "I do not carry such information in my mind since it is readily available in books. ...The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think." ~Albert Einstein
    Options
  • psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hutch679 wrote: »
    @Hutch679

Jabba you're boring now, if the best you can do is correct a few spellings. Jesus Christ I have more fun arguing with a brick wall. Entertain me.

Yes I'm from the uk and the correct term is mum, not mom so shut up. The thing is I can see fat and virgin from reading a post. You keep trying to prove yourself, you're an accountant, get your head stuck in woman, 6'1 with a lego house. Why are you trying to prove yourself to people over a forum like we even care?

It spells you're an insecure fat kid trying to prove something.

Guess what? This is me, http://www.phillipheath.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Phil-Heath-3431.jpg

Apologies to @Doncellius this is getting out of hand but this guy is annoying as hell.

Lmao that picture though! Thanks for the entertainment today. Do you talk like a pirate? "I'm gonna 'ave a crumpet with me mum" lol

Yeah I do, only on a Wednesday though.

You see, when you stop being so serious it can actually be funny on here..
    Options
  • NativeJoe
    NativeJoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The set was not created, or atleast not seemingly created for hybrid builds. It was essentially created so that stamina players could use magicka ultimates without taking to much of a hit. A magicka player wearing it will quickly come to this realization as burning the wick from both ends inevitably will result in your death.
    650cp+ Sorcerer 100+ days /played
    Broken'Stick North American Server
    https://www.twitch.tv/trixytricks
    Options
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NativeJoe wrote: »
    The set was not created, or atleast not seemingly created for hybrid builds. It was essentially created so that stamina players could use magicka ultimates without taking to much of a hit. A magicka player wearing it will quickly come to this realization as burning the wick from both ends inevitably will result in your death.

I wish I could hit agree more than once on this. I think the vice versa also works where a magicka build can use vigor and stack higher spell damage. I'm finding my magicka Dk to be lackluster at the moment so I'm gonna try a medium pelinals build out.

Options
  • psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I wish I could hit agree more than once on this. I think the vice versa also works where a magicka build can use vigor and stack higher spell damage. I'm finding my magicka Dk to be lackluster at the moment so I'm gonna try a medium pelinals build out.

I tried that myself, using Vigor on a Magicka build and found that to get the most out of the set you need to stack weapon damage and not spell damage.

Just because of the medium passive which gives 12% boost, and then flawless Dawnbreaker another 8%. You then have a 20% boost to your damage before even activating any of your brutality buffs.

But then you may run into sustain issues cause you've lost the light armor
    Edited by psychotic13 on June 24, 2016 4:52PM
    Options
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I tried that myself, using Vigor on a Magicka build and found that to get the most out of the set you need to stack weapon damage and not spell damage.

Just because of the medium passive which gives 12% boost, and then flawless Dawnbreaker another 8%. You then have a 20% boost to your damage before even activating any of your brutality buffs.

Vampire gives 20% magicka recovery, so does high elf passive though.
    Options
  • psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Vampire gives 10% Magicka recovery, and 10% stamina recovery.

I accounted for that in my build, I chose dark elf over high elf though, extra flame damage and flame resistance helps with DK and vampirism, and they get stamina and Magicka which is ideal for a hybrid.

I managed to get 3.5k WD/SD but that wasn't accounting for the change to nirnhoned and the weapon damage glyphs.

With DW having nirnhoned as my main trait and sharpened as my off-hand trait, with the glyph I could probably get around 4k
    Edited by psychotic13 on June 24, 2016 5:24PM
    Options
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I accounted for that in my build, I chose dark elf over high elf though, extra flame damage and flame resistance helps with DK and vampirism, and they get stamina and Magicka which is ideal for a hybrid.

I managed to get 3.5k WD/SD but that wasn't accounting for the change to nirnhoned and the weapon damage glyphs.

With DW having nirnhoned as my main trait and sharpened as my off-hand trait, with the glyph I could probably get around 4k

Ohhh that's right. What's vigor heal for with 3.5k wep dmg
    Options
  • psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ohhh that's right. What's vigor heal for with 3.5k wep dmg

Vigor scales off of stamina too, with 3.5k weapon damage and 21k stamina it's just shy of 11k

You can see using this site: http://esoitem.uesp.net/viewSkills.php

That's not including any healing buffs
    Options
  • Sentinel
    Sentinel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Theorycrafted one of my own and posted it on the PTS forums (That one included the Warrior's Fury set instead of Ravager). I've since gone back and looked for better options and here's the latest from a fully buffed hybrid that I'd made on the PTS:

4.8k weapon & spell damage
    1.2k spell regen
    ~1.1k health regen
    1.5k stam regen
    13k magicka (or 18k if you want 50/50)
    28k health (in PvP)
    23k stamina (or 19k if you want 50/50)
    30% crit (low, not built for critting, esp in PvP)

5pc heavy 2 medium
    2 infused, 6 impenetrable
    S&B main DPS bar- 2 pelinal's (The set is only active on this bar)
    Resto back bar- 1 pelinal's

Sets:
    2pc Engine Guardian
    5pc Pelinal's
    5pc Ravagers

Bonuses:
    3 weapon damage jewelry
    Weapon damage enchant
    Warrior mundus
    flawless dawnbreaker (8% higher weapon damage in total)
    Heavy armor "Wrath" full proc (200wp/sp damage)
    Ravager proc'd (622wp/sp damage)
    Major Brutality
    Siphoning Strikes
    Relentless focus (8% damage 10% stam regen)
    Imperial racials.
    Sword and Board + nirnhoned trait @ gold quality.
    Engine Guardian Procs
    Tri-stat drinks

DPS options:
    You can split 50/50 in CPs & attributes to have only slightly less powerful, but equally powerful swallow soul & surprise attack, or split all into stam side to make surprise attack stronger and rely on swallow soul for healing only. I personally have experimented with both and at this time, I like the slightly higher damage from surprise attack.

Consider: If you set the value of stam/magicka 10:1 to weapon/spell damage, then the potential damage for stamina based abilities (max stam/10 + highest weapon damage value) is 7.1k, while the potential damage for magicka based abilities (max mag/10 + highest spell damage value) is 6.1k, or 6.5k for both if split 50/50. Either way, you get pretty decent damage, the healing utility of both stam & magicka, as well as the inherent tankiness of heavy armor + S&B.

Viable? I think so. Perhaps even for PvE depending on your playstyle (and if you switch around some items here and there), but this was primarily for PvP.
    Options
  • bigereard
    bigereard
    ✭✭

(HoT is best because you only need to focus on healing CP instead of physical damage CP and spell damage CP)

2) Pelinals will have significant effect only if you have significant amount of either spell damage or weapon damage. At end game 4k++ full buffed is a decent number.
    To accommodate this you will need focused your build toward either spell damage or weapon damage.
    For example: Warrior's Fury + all weapon damage acc enchant + warrior mundus stone + dual wield + wrath + major/minor buff + flawless dawnbreaker + molag kena + balanced warrior

For example: your highest damage is 2500 spell damage and you have 50k magicka -> don't use pelinals

5) One slot stamina weapon, other slot magicka weapon - I use dual wield & restoration staff

Using all tri-glyphs (infused on helm, chest, and legs) and split attributes into Magicka and Stamina, you will not even hit 20K in any of your three stat pools. If everything is Gold quality and you have lots of passives you can hit the 20K mark though. If trying to run any sort of survivable build, you'd stand no chance like this. Your resources would drain VERY fast.

Hi, Thank you for your feedback, just not confident yet with english :).

In my experience it's work quite good, but have higher learning curve than my regular build due to requirement of swapping weapon continuously ...
    And the regular burst rotation will never reach the potential of focused build, that's why I prefer HoT & DoT for this build.

Attributes
    In cyro I have 25k Health (almost 27k with emp. bonus), 18k magicka, 17.5k stamina (breton, 32 mag, 32 stam, prisma enchant, no food, no infused, all impren), 1.2k mag regen, 1.5 stam regen buffed because of drink, cp, and sets. (no vampire)
    Can hit 1.8 k stam regen buffed if I swap warrior mundus with serpent. (but I rarely use serpent)

Prismatic give us 1/2 health, 1/2 stam, & 1/2 magicka than regular
    I always need health to reach my personal limit (25k health in cyro) and at least one of stam/magicka for any build, thus even in my non hybrid build prismatic always give me extra stam/magicka without sacrifice other stat. (except for my pure health build)

Sustain
    I run 7 heavy so it will be extra 651 mag& stam regen also 480 mag regen from channeled focus (but sometime I prefer restoring focus for pure survival build), 7 heavy also give us cheaper break free if we slot immovable brute.
    Not counting extra resource from my heavy attack, poison, and potion.

for pure survival and better sustain, I can also swap molag kena to malubeth, still hit 4.5k++ weapon & spell damage when dual wield, since everybody's crit chance is so high.

Comparison
    basically my build HoT & DoT potential is similar to patrick scott's regenerator:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQSIvrBVBYk
    The video also has good explanation of warrior's fury and DoT build.

My health regen is not even half of his health regen, but I have slightly better stam & mag regen.

His has up to 4.2 k weapon damage & 26.7k stamina, mine have up to 4.7 k weap & spell damage with 17.5k mag&stam.
    I have slightly les HoT & DoT potential, but I can execute that potential from both stamina & magicka pool ( I think that's the point of being hybrid), better regen.

I have more crit because of both 12% from CP passive (I have blessed & precise strike) + vampire's bane & camouflaged hunter (also for extra 3% weapon damage).

Skill
    Most of time I can have vigor, mutagen, extended/retribution ritual, blood craze active.
    Occasionally honor the dead (very cheap burst heal if we only heal once every 6 sec).
    Still can do rotation of puncturing sweep and/or bloodthirst (depends on the availability of my resource and skill set)
    We can also combine fast attack with quick siphon for even better survival.

Dual Slot: Blood Craze, Bloodthirst, Reso Vigor, Camo Hunter, Flying Blade, Flawless DB

Resto Slot: Mutagen, Cleansing Ritual, Vampire's Bane, Puncutring Sweep, Channeled/Resto Focus, Flawless DB/Empowering Sweep/Barrier (for extra mag regen)

Pot&Pois
    My potion are: health-immovable-stam/mag (depends on my resource)
    for pure survival I also use the lingering health + major vitality potion.
    major vitality + major mending + malubeth proc + 92 blessed + 60 quick recovery + heavy armor passive = still better healing than tooltip even with fasala & major defile debuff
    And that lingering health is lifesaver, plus my natural regen it almost equivalent to patrick scott's health regen.

My poison: the one that give us (little) immovability & (little) resource back.

The best moment of this build is when we get continuous attack + combat medic
    almost 5k weap & spell damage, extra healing, extra crit & extra both regen

Options
  • Natas013
    Natas013
    ✭✭✭

In my experience it's work quite good, but have higher learning curve than my regular build due to requirement of swapping weapon continuously ...
    And the regular burst rotation will never reach the potential of focused build, that's why I prefer HoT & DoT for this build.

Attributes
    In cyro I have 25k Health (almost 27k with emp. bonus), 18k magicka, 17.5k stamina (breton, 32 mag, 32 stam, prisma enchant, no food, no infused, all impren), 1.2k mag regen, 1.5 stam regen buffed because of drink, cp, and sets. (no vampire)
    Can hit 1.8 k stam regen buffed if I swap warrior mundus with serpent. (but I rarely use serpent)

I always need health to reach my personal limit (25k health in cyro) and at least one of stam/magicka for any build, thus even in my non hybrid build prismatic always give me extra stam/magicka without sacrifice other stat. (except for my pure health build)

Sustain
    I run 7 heavy so it will be extra 651 mag& stam regen also 480 mag regen from channeled focus (but sometime I prefer restoring focus for pure survival build), 7 heavy also give us cheaper break free if we slot immovable brute.

for pure survival and better sustain, I can also swap molag kena to malubeth, still hit 4.5k++ weapon & spell damage when dual wield, since everybody's crit chance is so high.

Comparison
    basically my build HoT & DoT potential is similar to patrick scott's regenerator:

My health regen is not even half of his health regen, but I have slightly better stam & mag regen.

His has up to 4.2 k weapon damage & 26.7k stamina, mine have up to 4.7 k weap & spell damage with 17.5k mag&stam.
    I have slightly les HoT & DoT potential, but I can execute that potential from both stamina & magicka pool ( I think that's the point of being hybrid), better regen.

I have more crit because of both 12% from CP passive (I have blessed & precise strike) + vampire's bane & camouflaged hunter (also for extra 3% weapon damage).

Skill
    Most of time I can have vigor, mutagen, extended/retribution ritual, blood craze active.
    Occasionally honor the dead (very cheap burst heal if we only heal once every 6 sec).
    Still can do rotation of puncturing sweep and/or bloodthirst (depends on the availability of my resource and skill set)

Dual Slot: Blood Craze, Bloodthirst, Reso Vigor, Camo Hunter, Flying Blade, Flawless DB

Resto Slot: Mutagen, Cleansing Ritual, Vampire's Bane, Puncutring Sweep, Channeled/Resto Focus, Flawless DB/Empowering Sweep/Barrier (for extra mag regen)

Pot&Pois
    major vitality + major mending + malubeth proc + 92 blessed + 60 quick recovery + heavy armor passive = still better healing than tooltip even with fasala & major defile debuff
    And that lingering health is lifesaver, plus my natural regen it almost equivalent to patrick scott's health regen.

Reading this, I can see the potential in this set for a hard hitting PvE tank running pledges. Running this and pariah as a Dark Elf DK vamp tank (too bad black rose doesn't come in weapons and jewelry). I'd not take the build to trials, unless I could figure out a way to match Tava's w/o Tava's, but it'd be fun on pledges. Imagine the times you could get if you're tank did more damage :wink:
    RIP Ellania Delome
    June 9, 2015-June 14, 2016
    A skilled crafter, competent sorcerer, and denizen of the night
    Along came the Dark Brotherhood and summarily ended it all
    Options
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Attributes

Sustain

Comparison

Skill

Pot&Pois

Thanks for linking that video... I had NO IDEA the Warrior's Fury set was that strong. That's got to be one of the only sets in ESO where the tooltip makes it sound worse than it actually is (instead of better).
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
    Options
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sentinel wrote: »
    Theorycrafted one of my own and posted it on the PTS forums (That one included the Warrior's Fury set instead of Ravager). I've since gone back and looked for better options and here's the latest from a fully buffed hybrid that I'd made on the PTS:

4.8k weapon & spell damage
    1.2k spell regen
    ~1.1k health regen
    1.5k stam regen
    13k magicka (or 18k if you want 50/50)
    28k health (in PvP)
    23k stamina (or 19k if you want 50/50)
    30% crit (low, not built for critting, esp in PvP)

5pc heavy 2 medium
    2 infused, 6 impenetrable
    S&B main DPS bar- 2 pelinal's (The set is only active on this bar)
    Resto back bar- 1 pelinal's

Sets:
    2pc Engine Guardian
    5pc Pelinal's
    5pc Ravagers

Bonuses:
    3 weapon damage jewelry
    Weapon damage enchant
    Warrior mundus
    flawless dawnbreaker (8% higher weapon damage in total)
    Heavy armor "Wrath" full proc (200wp/sp damage)
    Ravager proc'd (622wp/sp damage)
    Major Brutality
    Siphoning Strikes
    Relentless focus (8% damage 10% stam regen)
    Imperial racials.
    Sword and Board + nirnhoned trait @ gold quality.
    Engine Guardian Procs
    Tri-stat drinks

DPS options:
    You can split 50/50 in CPs & attributes to have only slightly less powerful, but equally powerful swallow soul & surprise attack, or split all into stam side to make surprise attack stronger and rely on swallow soul for healing only. I personally have experimented with both and at this time, I like the slightly higher damage from surprise attack.

Consider: If you set the value of stam/magicka 10:1 to weapon/spell damage, then the potential damage for stamina based abilities (max stam/10 + highest weapon damage value) is 7.1k, while the potential damage for magicka based abilities (max mag/10 + highest spell damage value) is 6.1k, or 6.5k for both if split 50/50. Either way, you get pretty decent damage, the healing utility of both stam & magicka, as well as the inherent tankiness of heavy armor + S&B.

Viable? I think so. Perhaps even for PvE depending on your playstyle (and if you switch around some items here and there), but this was primarily for PvP.

Both your spell regen and stam regen are awful. But I Don't play a tank imperial so don't know if this is an issue. The hurdle I can't get around is while Pelinals is great for weapon/spell damage carry over, the resource regen, armor passives, and crits don't carry over making the set inferior to min maxing.
    Edited by LegacyDM on June 25, 2016 5:33PM
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
    ¥ampire Lord of the South
    Options
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Right so you run into sustain issues and if you stack medium armor passives but use magcka attack spells you lose crit and penetration. So by using Pelinals you get higher weapon damage but lose spell penetration and crit on all magicka based spells. Is it really worth it?
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
    ¥ampire Lord of the South
    Options
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been watching this thread closely as I'm working on a "hybrid"

The problem with the set, or hybrids in general is abilities mostly scale to both resource pools and damage stat.

So even if both spell damage and weapon damage are (let's say 4k) your damage with a magicka ability will be less than someone whom also has 4k spell damage but more magicka.

I'll use someone's numbers from above, at 25k stam and 4k damage, you're gonna do about 150ish (in spell damage stat equivalence) less than someone with 40kish stam and 4k dmg.

You can avoid is problem by using moves that entirely scale or heavily scale towards once resource or stat (hardened ward for magicka example and staff damage for spell damage state example)

So far, in theory crafting. I can do something like 20k magicka 33k stam and 3.5ish k weapon dmg with 1300+ stam regen.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options
  • psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LegacyDM wrote: »

Right so you run into sustain issues and if you stack medium armor passives but use magcka attack spells you lose crit and penetration. So by using Pelinals you get higher weapon damage but lose spell penetration and crit on all magicka based spells. Is it really worth it?

I guess it depends, if you can afford to put some CP into spell erosion and you're using sharpened I don't think it's too big of a problem, and depends on if you're debuffin your opponent and running Abilitys that give you a crit bonus.

I managed to get just under 1.5k mag regen which is about how much I run on my sorc. The hardest thing is to keep your weapon damage high while trying to build a big stamina and magicka pool
    Options
  • cschwingeb14_ESO
    cschwingeb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Templar seems to be the best choice for pelinals due to the +6% weapon damage passive, and the magicka skill synergy (honor the dead, radiant destruction, channeled focus)

I can't imagine making pelinals useful with a build based in spell damage, as there aren't many "must have" stam based abilities that rely on high WD
    Edited by cschwingeb14_ESO on June 26, 2016 3:10PM
    Options
  • Silvist
    Silvist
    @bigereard - Awesome build! I took a look at your build, and tried to make my own variation with sorc.

Here's what I came up with:

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=1933

Has:
    17k stam
    25k health
    18k mag
    mag recov 1733
    stam recov 1900
    (with drink)
    WD 6187/SD 6187
    (full buffs)

You can swap to 5/2 heavy armor/med, but you will loose the 12% WD bonus from med. But you will have access to wrath, so you'll lose about 100 wd.

The biggest difference is I played around using rune cage, so I could toss on dots while they were CC. The back bar I'm still experimenting with, may try destro or resto. Currently its setup to be a health/resource/buff/escape bar. I wanted to run blood craze, but the initial hit breaks the cage cc. For group play restraining prison can be swapped for rune cage, but its much more costly.

I took boundless instead of hurricane, because of the duration (making resource drain not as bad). Since I only have two stam skills slotted, I can use conversion to gain back my magicka when I'm running low.

I also kept the gear purple, because I still don't have any gold gear myself yet. I'm also thinking about testing ravaging instead of fury to see how it compares.

The biggest issue I'm running into is burst damage. I may try a different setup with frags, but it seems pretty costly. The dot setup seems to be much easier on resources. The thing I like the most about this build is that the dw light/heavy attacks no longer hit like wet noodles ;D
    Edited by Silvist on September 24, 2016 5:05AM
    Options
  • psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Silvist wrote: »
    @bigereard - Awesome build! I took a look at your build, and tried to make my own variation with sorc.

Here's what I came up with:

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=1933

Has:
    17k stam
    25k health
    18k mag
    mag recov 1733
    stam recov 1900
    (with drink)
    WD 6187/SD 6187
    (full buffs)

You can swap to 5/2 heavy armor/med, but you will loose the 12% WD bonus from med. But you will have access to wrath, so you'll lose about 100 wd.

The biggest difference is I played around using rune cage, so I could toss on dots while they were CC. The back bar I'm still experimenting with, may try destro or resto. Currently its setup to be a health/resource/buff/escape bar. I wanted to run blood craze, but the initial hit breaks the cage cc. For group play restraining prison can be swapped for rune cage, but its much more costly.

I took boundless instead of hurricane, because of the duration (making resource drain not as bad). Since I only have two stam skills slotted, I can use conversion to gain back my magicka when I'm running low.

I also kept the gear purple, because I still don't have any gold gear myself yet. I'm also thinking about testing ravaging instead of fury to see how it compares.

The biggest issue I'm running into is burst damage. I may try a different setup with frags, but it seems pretty costly. The dot setup seems to be much easier on resources. The thing I like the most about this build is that the dw light/heavy attacks no longer hit like wet noodles ;D

Not sure how viable that would be in PvP, Liquid Lightning lol? and like you said you run into issues with burst and that's what PvP is all about.

What gear are you running out of curiosity? And which buffs are active for those stats? What's your unbuffed stats? Regen seems rather high?
    Options
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »
    Biggest losses include 680 Rubedo Leather, 2 Hakeijo, 2 Kuta, and 4 Goldscales on this failed experiment.....

Which imho shows another problem.. the cost of experimenting.. and it will only get worse with One Tamriel with all the BoP crap.
    Options
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not gonna lie, but Pelinal's and Storm Knight (when it was 100% chance) on my stam sorc was a boat load of fun.
    Options
  • Silvist
    Silvist
    @psychotic13 - The gear is in the build link I posted above, and its the same as Bigereard's build (2 molag kena medium, 5 fury, 5 pelinal). Other than that the regen is just from my race/class passives+armor passives+a stam/mag drink+CP allotment split between stam/mag (obviously 531 CP).

I realize liquid lightening isn't the best form of damage, but its another dot I can toss out that doesn't break rune prison. I'd love to swap it out, but unless its another sorc dot ability, I'll loose the 2% wd. This is why I mentioned "burst", because I'm trying to make an alternate version that doesn't rely on rune prison and dots.

In terms of viability, I've been using it all week in pvp in trueflame. I tested it doing solo pvp in open cyrodiil/IC, small scale pvp, and in my guilds zerg.
    Edited by Silvist on September 24, 2016 4:46PM
    Options
  • psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still working on my hybrid, I've gone for a DK. Just waiting on one tamriel so I can get the trainee set and see how that plays out.

Hopefully it isn't half bad so I haven't wasted money on hakiejos and kutas
    Options
  • The_Duke
    The_Duke
    ✭✭✭✭
    Im rolling a stam sorc focused pelinals build. 5 pel, 5 skirmisher 2 lekis sword and board and random 2 hander. I get 10k frags and 9k curse. 15k overload LA. All non crit. 13k dizzying swing. 7k pierce armor and it costs me 1000 stam. 7 medium. I never run out of stam/mag.

Im leveling my medium and 2 hander on my dunmer mag DK. I think it will be a beast as well.
    The Duke

Stamplar

Guild leader of The Dukes. PS4
    Options
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The_Duke wrote: »
    Im rolling a stam sorc focused pelinals build. 5 pel, 5 skirmisher 2 lekis sword and board and random 2 hander. I get 10k frags and 9k curse. 15k overload LA. All non crit. 13k dizzying swing. 7k pierce armor and it costs me 1000 stam. 7 medium. I never run out of stam/mag.

Im leveling my medium and 2 hander on my dunmer mag DK. I think it will be a beast as well.

That's tooltip right? So in PvP that 13k becomes 6.5, lookin at after debuffs and buffs prob around 5.5k pre crit. Not bad but you may have bursting problems. Will prob do really well against glass cannons.

The reasons I say that cuz those numbers look a lot like what I have/had running. It's the tankish builds that become 30 min grinders
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options
  • Silvist
    Silvist
    @psychotic13 - Yea, I tried it on a dk, and it worked pretty well. Though, I'm not as familiar with mag dk as I am with stam dk. So I wasn't sure what to slot for magic skills that would take full advantage of pelinals (the high spell damage).

I slotted igneous weapon&shield, coagulated blood, talons, and fossilize. DK seems to good on stam management, because of "helping hands" procing on top of everything else. The ult gen on dk is always super addictive lol.

Some of my guildies suggested slotting whip, but I wasn't sure how good the damage was in pvp. I really wish there was a mag version of fiery breath that added the magic breach for lowering spell resistance.

On my sorc I switched over to frags, and restraining prison. Instead of focusing around dots, which seemed to be alot better for burst. Didn't even realize you could animation cancel frag casts lol. Curse seems meh, since you can purge/block it. Supposedly next update it'll be unblockable again, so maybe I'll check it out then.
    Edited by Silvist on September 25, 2016 6:43AM
    Options
  • The_Duke
    The_Duke
    ✭✭✭✭
    The_Duke wrote: »

That's tooltip right? So in PvP that 13k becomes 6.5, lookin at after debuffs and buffs prob around 5.5k pre crit. Not bad but you may have bursting problems. Will prob do really well against glass cannons.

The reasons I say that cuz those numbers look a lot like what I have/had running. It's the tankish builds that become 30 min grinders

I find the damage is ok. The key for burst is in the timing. I curse then frag and as soon as the frag leaves my hand I hit crit rush. They hit the target at the same time. While the target is stunnee from the frag I hit a dizzing swing which goes off at the same time as the curse detonates. I then hit them with revereating bash and keep the pressure on. I find that the pierce armor/light attack/ bash combo puts out great damage and reverse slash does the rest. Its not perfect and a true focused build ill probably out perform this in some areas.
    The Duke

Stamplar

Guild leader of The Dukes. PS4
    Options