Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Templar Healer

J011Y_R063R
I have never been a healer, personally I prefer tanking or DPS. BUT, my guild needs a healer and I dunno what I am doing lol anyone have some suggestions on what to put on my bars? I plan on going 2 swords and resto. But like I said, I have no idea lol. So whats up guys and Gals?
Xulldarri - Orc, Dragonknight
See Gamertag - Breton Nightblade
Cass-Butt - Breton Templar
...Nothing else Matters...
PS4, NA Server
  • PhxOldGamer68
    PhxOldGamer68
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like you got it already. Before I respec'd to be a Stamplar, I had all Restoring Light and Resto Staff skills max'd. I crafted different sets and mixed Heavy with Light or Light with Medium. I max'd out the armor skills to be a good healer and not die so easily.
    PSN NA/EU: DesertDweller99
    PC NA: KaktusKing
  • J011Y_R063R
    Is the Lich set the best set for healz?
    PS4, NA Server
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is the Lich set the best set for healz?

Can be, if you spec around it. What makes it good is the ability to put CPs in non-regen trees, or having to have armor traits on regen, glyphs etc...

It would be rather lackluster if you just slapped it on.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • GilGalad
    GilGalad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok so you are a Breton Templar which is pretty good for the start.

Gear:
    I would recommend to run destro resto since you should do elemental drain on the bosses and support your heals with the resto staff. 5light, 1 med, 1 heavy for undaunted passives.
    Sets:
    3 Willpower (arcane, spell dmg enchant) as jewelry
    5 Spellpower Cure (vWGT set), alternatives: Kagrenacs Hope, Julianos, Twice Born Star
    If you have Mealstrom Weapons:
    2 Valkyn Skoria
    Maelstrom Destro/Resto

If you have no Mealstrom weapons:
    1 Kena, 2 Torugs Pact (precise resto, sharpened/nirn/precise destro depending on if you want more dmg or heals)

Skills:
    Destro:
    Elemental drain, Breath of Life, Purifiying Light, Puncturing Sweep/Crushing shock, Magelight
    Resto:
    Channeling Focus, Repentance, Spear Shards, Rapid Regeneration, Magelight

Repentance can be switched for radiant destruction in boss fights. If you need more heals use Purifiying ritual instead.

Play wise:
    Trash:
    Purifiying light in he biggest mob (minor sorcery for the group, and hot after 6 secs), rapid regen 2 times so everyone has it, spamming shards or jabs for aoe
    Important: press repentance as soon as the first 1-2 mobs are dead. That's the moment when your group needs the stamina. Most of the healers use repentance after the fight, which is mostly useless but better then nothing. I hardly have to cast a breath of life in trash pulls, usually repentance and rapid regen is enough.

Boss fights:
    Keep rapid regen and elemental drain and channeling focus up, cast Purifiying light all 6-10 secs, that should be enough heal for most situations. If someone drops for whatever reason use breath of life. For the rest of the time you can medium weave puncturing sweeps and do some decent dmg. Throw a shard approx every 10 secs since it deals good dmg and the tank might need it.

I would spend the blue CPs all into dmg, since Breath of Life overheals anyway. Red and green CPs are standard.
    If you run into magicka problems try to use one cost reduction glyph or 7 pieces light armor.

That's the basic build I'm using most of the time. You can get some decent dmg numbers while healing and heal all dungeons. For raids you would have to change some skills to less dmg and more heals (combat prayer, healing springs). If you get used to healing you can also put in more dmg abilities. But as a starting point this should work well.

Animals Unchained | PC EU
    Homestead Theorycrafting
    Math of RNG
  • J011Y_R063R
    @Gil.Galad Thanks that is a pretty detailed post, just what I needed.
    PS4, NA Server
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a healer I use a restoration staff; Ritual of Retribution & Rapid Regeneration I keep ticking away all the time. It's wonderful with ~3500 health a second given to your group members as long as they keep within your ritual effect. Then Breath of Life for emergencies. I also use Restoring Focus for self protection, and Radiant Magelight for the critical boost. Ultimate these days I use Reviving Barrier, though it varies.

I use a destruction staff for offense, with Repentance. I find this works very well for me. With a competent group all that is really needed is usage of Repentance to keep the group standing. Just be sure to use it only as needed, not just because you can. It's one of the harder skills to get the most out of but very powerful if used right.

If you can be anything, be kind.
  • BuffaloSpaceman
    Google "Deltias Battery Healer". Great in-depth guide that has been working amazingly for me lately.
  • J011Y_R063R
    @BuffaloSpaceman Will do thanks
    PS4, NA Server
  • GilGalad
    GilGalad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I forgot to mention ultimates:
    Aggressive war horn on your resto bar, Meteor on your destro bar for more magicka and reg.
    If healer an tank are running war horn you can have almost 100% uptime. It's the best group ultimate in the game. If you don't have it, use solar prison.

I kind of dislike deltas build since it is lacking a real dmg ability and war horn for support. No reason to run magicka deto over puncturing sweep especially after the last change. His gear choices on the other hand side are solid if worm cult ist not too expensive for you.
    Animals Unchained | PC EU
    Homestead Theorycrafting
    Math of RNG
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there :3

I wrote a simple guide to pve healing a while ago, and I will recomend you to take a look at it, because I have explained build and skills very simple in it.

Groups differ a lot, so you have to adapt and provide the needed support to each group individually. Take in consideration for wether the damage dealers and tank are magicka or stamina based, what type of damage they give, how much dps they pull, how good or bad their resource management is.

2 swords and resto is my favorite combination, but I sometimes have to change to destro and resto to support my group - if they deal elemental damage to bosses.