Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Cheating in ESO

• Jaybe_Mawfaka
    Jaybe_Mawfaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are no *** cheats in this game, move along citizens
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    God_flakes wrote: »
    yodased wrote: »
    zyk wrote: »
    The first place to look after losing a fight should always be the mirror. Cheating is a reality in most games, but unless it can be proven, it is not the reason you lost that fight -- today or six months ago.

Even in games with no cheats available, it is common for the best players to be constantly accused of cheating. Not many people are humble enough to accept they do not know everything about a game or that somebody else may have better senses or motor skills.

AFAIK there is no game that has no-one cheating. Every game I personally have ever been involved with has had at some point a cheating scandal

Maybe a common denominator of those games was the above section in bold. Couldn't resist, you walked right into that one.

Lol well I did preface that with the As Far As I Know, also how could I speak on something I have not been personally a part of? Isn't that exactly what a lot of these cheating cries are about? Hearsay, conjecture and subterfuge?

That's not my bag, baby.

Except we now know with 100% CERTAINTY there is cheating going on!!!!!! It isn't baseless conjecture anymore. Come on nah. Just knock it off.

I am not sure why you are inferring I am saying cheating doesn't exist. I actually have been talking about cheat engine since 2014 and this game, check my history lol. Confused as to your anger towards me lol
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • Chori
    Chori
    ✭✭✭✭
    To the cheating apologists: stop putting lipstick on the pig. Stop trying to mitigate this. Stop minimizing it. Idgaf that this has happened in other games. I care that it's so rampant and in your face now in THIS game. And I want to know what is being done about it because from where I sit it looks like a big fat nothing and Zos owes their customers some sort of explanation of an action plan to rectify this.

All I'm saying is that recent revelations alone do not prove that anyone in particular is a cheater. I estimate 99.99% of accusations of cheating I've observed are completely baseless. Now and before.

Too many people are using this controversy as an excuse to justify losing.

The reason cheating is bad is because it's unfair to other players. So are baseless accusations. By making them, one becomes as bad as an actual cheater.

You have your anecdotal evidence and I have mine. Wanna see the screenshot I have that lists some of the banned people and those who are known to use the CE and have yet to be caught? You've had your experiences in game and I've had mine. We all win at times and we all lose at times. It isn't as simple as "the people complaining are the people who are losing" so enough with that garbage. Here we have a top DC streamer helping out this and sharing his concerns about it being used in subtle ways to give guilds and players a winning edge and people like you are going to continue to deny and minimize? Please. Spare me. We are well beyond that. We are beyond speculation. I think human nature being what it is we can safely assume a LOT of players are and have been using this very, very easy engine.

I would like you to PM this and from what source it is, since you cant even post it due to the ridiculous forum rules.

I'm just a curious imperial :D
    EP NA-PC - Invictus - Odem Mortis
    1. Stamina NB Cat - ChoriB'Good
    2. Magicka NB High Elf - Lîndara
    3. Stam Sorc High Elf - Lindara Moonlight
    4. Red Guard Stamina DK - Chorî
    5. Red Guard Stamina Templar - Choripaninikinnie
    6. Magplar High Elf - Vagitarian Sillonour
    Don't tell me you lag, I play with 200-300 ms all the time ^_^
  • Reevster
    Reevster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To the cheating apologists: stop putting lipstick on the pig. Stop trying to mitigate this. Stop minimizing it. Idgaf that this has happened in other games. I care that it's so rampant and in your face now in THIS game. And I want to know what is being done about it because from where I sit it looks like a big fat nothing and Zos owes their customers some sort of explanation of an action plan to rectify this.

All I'm saying is that recent revelations alone do not prove that anyone in particular is a cheater. I estimate 99.99% of accusations of cheating I've observed are completely baseless. Now and before.

Too many people are using this controversy as an excuse to justify losing.

The reason cheating is bad is because it's unfair to other players. So are baseless accusations. By making them, one becomes as bad as an actual cheater.

You have your anecdotal evidence and I have mine. Wanna see the screenshot I have that lists some of the banned people and those who are known to use the CE and have yet to be caught? You've had your experiences in game and I've had mine. We all win at times and we all lose at times. It isn't as simple as "the people complaining are the people who are losing" so enough with that garbage. Here we have a top DC streamer helping out this and sharing his concerns about it being used in subtle ways to give guilds and players a winning edge and people like you are going to continue to deny and minimize? Please. Spare me. We are well beyond that. We are beyond speculation. I think human nature being what it is we can safely assume a LOT of players are and have been using this very, very easy engine.

Ya I think its still going on , still some funny stuff happening with certain players, but anyways,not sure if they can actually get rid of it 100 percent, i like to think they can, but..... dont think i will hold my breath...

i lose all the time lol, I agree with you , I dont cry foul every time I die that would be just lame, but once in while you get that feeling the odds were stacked...
    Edited by Reevster on June 1, 2016 10:33PM
  • RDMyers65b14_ESO
    RDMyers65b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reevster wrote: »
    Zyle wrote: »
    The #1 thing I agree on is: ZOS needs a more active in game presence for issues like this. You can't tell me that if a GM logged on and witnessed someone cheating it wouldn't be enough to issue an immediate perma-ban.

I hate to say it but I can do something terrible on the forums and receive a ban quicker than I can receive a ban in game for blatantly cheating like said players were.

Has anyone ever seen a GM online in ESO? I havent lol, I play up to 12 hpours a day at times....have not seen one yet.

Yes, not only have I seen one in game, they helped fix the problem for me that I was having at the time. It was a character eating cave. Not only did the gm save the character from the cave, it was fixed in the next patch. Granted, I think that they knew about the bug that I found by accident ahead of time.
  • Ishammael
    Ishammael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ghost-Shot wrote: »
    Watching how broken this game is and how much more broken it gets with every so called "update" is disgusting. I'd rather have all the perma batswarm *** over what we have now. Atleast i would have normal FPS and SOUND.

LF Vanilla server, PST

Can we have 1.5 instead?!?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reevster wrote: »
    Zyle wrote: »
    The #1 thing I agree on is: ZOS needs a more active in game presence for issues like this. You can't tell me that if a GM logged on and witnessed someone cheating it wouldn't be enough to issue an immediate perma-ban.

I hate to say it but I can do something terrible on the forums and receive a ban quicker than I can receive a ban in game for blatantly cheating like said players were.

Has anyone ever seen a GM online in ESO? I havent lol, I play up to 12 hpours a day at times....have not seen one yet.

Yes, not only have I seen one in game, they helped fix the problem for me that I was having at the time. It was a character eating cave. Not only did the gm save the character from the cave, it was fixed in the next patch. Granted, I think that they knew about the bug that I found by accident ahead of time.

When was this? As far as I know, no one has seen any employees actually in the game, outside of an ESO Live, since early 2014.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • RadioheadSh0t
    RadioheadSh0t
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by RadioheadSh0t on June 2, 2016 8:39PM
    Aldonius Direnni - Vet Altmer Sorc (AD)
    Tyrus Telvanni - Vet Dunmer DK (AD)
    Al Donius Bundy - Vet Imperial NB (AD)
    Aldonius Brutus - Vet Orc DK (DC)
  • Prabooo
    Prabooo
    ✭✭✭✭
    @FENGRUSH

Dude, regardless of the hack itself... The devs said at some point that flying or levitating was not possible for some reasons... so this proves that it is not only possible but a hacker can do it, so flying is a possibility in the game, which would add another depth of cool possibilities.
    Edited by Prabooo on June 2, 2016 10:34PM
  • Crispen_Longbow
    Crispen_Longbow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prabooo wrote: »
    @FENGRUSH

Dude, regardless of the hack itself... The devs said at some point that flying or levitating was not possible for some reasons... so this proves that it is not only possible but a hacker can do it, so flying is a possibility in the game, which would add another depth of cool possibilities.

Yes I can just see it now. How we would envision air combat.
    BPecEcc.jpg

Instead we would get this...
    Simple-Flight-Mod-2.jpg

Crispen Longbow - Daggerfall Covenant (DC): NB - Rank:50 (NA/PC) - RIP (Blue VE, Khole, LoM, MO)
    Crispen Longboww - Aldmeri Dominion (AD): NB - Rank:50 (NA/PC) - Crispen's House of Pain RIP (KP, Yellow VE, Omni)
    Crispen Longbow-EP - Ebonheart Pact (EP): NB - Rank:50 (NA/PC) - RIP (Red VE)
  • smee_z
    smee_z
    ✭✭✭

Simply put, ZOS allows the cheats to happen if they are not gonna resolve this.
    PC NA

Games are meant to be played.

Back in Auriel's Bow 1.0, I have thought that the best way to handicap a faction with the HUGE pop advantage is to temporarily disable their grouping functionality and their ability to fight in 3rd person point of view! Let's see if these do not even up the odds.
  • Iyas
    Iyas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zos said they cant fix the run speed bug atm but a simple cheatengine fix is working. Maybe its time to fix the game for them :trollface:
    Noricum/ Kitesquad/ PC/EU

Kitesquad Vol. 1

https://youtube.com/watch?v=6tGxK9KRrEI
  • r.jan_emailb16_ESO
    r.jan_emailb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The promised statement still isn't here, right?
    Lairgren | DC Dragonknight - August Palatine
    playing for eXile

I'm done, CU somewhere else.
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lyar09 wrote: »
    I feel like you hit it right on the money with people questioning other's abilities. It's bad enough that prior to this I'd get hate tells saying I'm a cheater and the shuffle exploit BS, now it's going to be a *** show.

This will be the nail on the coffin for a lot of players on playing eso from now on. I'm even questioning whether I wanna play anymore

Heh Hehehehee Lol Hahahahahhaaaa

^^

It's amazing how some of the most blatant ones are so innocent.
  • OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I feel like you hit it right on the money with people questioning other's abilities. It's bad enough that prior to this I'd get hate tells saying I'm a cheater and the shuffle exploit BS, now it's going to be a *** show.

This will be the nail on the coffin for a lot of players on playing eso from now on. I'm even questioning whether I wanna play anymore

^^

Stop accusing everyone who beats you of using CE, you are a broken record in every thread I see your name.

Further more if you don't understand how something like CE fundamentally works, stop running your mouth and making exaggerations about its capabilities.
    The Age of Wrobel.
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    OdinForge wrote: »

^^

Stop accusing everyone who beats you of using CE, you are a broken record in every thread I see your name.

Further more if you don't understand how something like CE fundamentally works, stop running your mouth and making exaggerations about its capabilities.

Why don't you tell us it's capabilities then?

• OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Finish 1st grade first, then we'll discuss your next learning assignments.
    The Age of Wrobel.
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Tread lightly, pal. You've no idea who you're dealing with right there.
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Tread lightly, pal. You've no idea who you're dealing with right there.

I'm just waiting for the next one to be a my momma is so fat.

• God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every single person that comes here and tries to downplay the CE needs to understand how bad they're making themselves look. Deep holes and all.
    Edited by God_flakes on June 3, 2016 4:56PM
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every single person that comes here and tries to downplay the CE needs to understand how bad they're making themselves look. Deep holes and all.

Who is downplaying the use of CE? I don't see that anywhere.
  • PrinceFabious
    PrinceFabious
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There is another thread where Erudition is saying that the people who used CE are still the best regardless of the cheats LOLOLOLOL. Youd be suprised that people are actually defending the cheaters
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

fry-can-t-tell-meme-generator-can-t-tell-if-bad-at-game-or-fighting-hackers-524037.jpg
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

^^

Wonder how he knows so certainly.

Then again he was always the it isn't macros guy, turned out he was right... but that's because he knew what it was all along.

If I'm exaggerating it's capabilities... how would you know (wink wink) and what are they then?

For there to be so many cheaters (hackers I guess), I don't see any (not a one) owning up to a thing or even saying what was possible.

I'm pretty sure when I first saw this CE crap it was a certain bbq guy with super fast wrecking blows, and that's a while back. I figured it was some sort of macro, mostly because I don't run memory hacking programs.
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The capabilites of cheat engine in this game are pretty much unlimited because of the way that the variables are stored on the client and the server accepts those variables as gospel truth.

As long as you can identify the physical memory location of the variable and its expected states, you can then modify them to your hearts content.

I believe only economic and itemization data is stored on the server, so anything player related can be altered. That includes:

Regen
    Max stats
    Ultimate Gain
    Damage Mitigation
    Movement Speed
    Clipping
    Cost reduction
    Infinite block
    infinite dodge
    infinite roll
    teleportation
    super jump

These ^ are all 100% confirmed working in the game, noclip and movement speed are what will get you banned the quickest and are the most visible.
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    9OQnC9Gl.jpg
  • OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

^^

Then again he was always the it isn't macros guy, turned out he was right... but that's because he knew what it was all along.

If I'm exaggerating it's capabilities... how would you know (wink wink) and what are they then?

For there to be so many cheaters (hackers I guess), I don't see any (not a one) owning up to a thing or even saying what was possible.

I'm pretty sure when I first saw this CE crap it was a certain bbq guy with super fast wrecking blows, and that's a while back. I figured it was some sort of macro, mostly because I don't run memory hacking programs.

I was right because I did my homework and researched the issues, instead of making false assumptions like you did.

Ironically I was also the one who finally said it out loud on the forums, hidden with binary for like 8 hours before ZOS figured out my message and removed it (many other people caught on though). Now that many people have blatantly made such a public mess about it, maybe ZOS will finally be forced to develop a system to stop it, not going to be easy to do as @yodased has been explaining in countless threads.

My point to you is to stop making false assumptions about things you don't understand. You must understand your enemy to combat it, and that means you need to sit down and do some of your own research. Your attitude is far too bad for me to take any more time out to explain with detail how these things work, but why don't you find some of Yodas posts and links and start learning.

Edited by OdinForge on June 3, 2016 5:46PM
    The Age of Wrobel.
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The capabilites of cheat engine in this game are pretty much unlimited because of the way that the variables are stored on the client and the server accepts those variables as gospel truth.

As long as you can identify the physical memory location of the variable and its expected states, you can then modify them to your hearts content.

I believe only economic and itemization data is stored on the server, so anything player related can be altered. That includes:

Regen
    Max stats
    Ultimate Gain
    Damage Mitigation
    Movement Speed
    Clipping
    Cost reduction
    Infinite block
    infinite dodge
    infinite roll
    teleportation
    super jump

These ^ are all 100% confirmed working in the game, noclip and movement speed are what will get you banned the quickest and are the most visible.

But all they have to say if you accuse them of any of that is:

lol wut??

L2p noob.

Get Gud.

/ignore accuser.

Right?
  • PrinceFabious
    PrinceFabious
    ✭✭✭✭✭

fry-can-t-tell-meme-generator-can-t-tell-if-bad-at-game-or-fighting-hackers-524037.jpg

Hey @Roehamad_Ali whats your ingame character name? Id like to put an ingame face to your forum trollness
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

^^

I was right because I did my homework and researched the issues, instead of making false assumptions like you did.

I think your "research" was a bit like Pete Townsend's research.