The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Server going down in 15 minutes?

• Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh come on. Stuff like this always happens in every mmo.
    You people are so soft. It's not like your granny is on life support system and the power suddenly went off.
    Just a small fix for a small issue.

Still, I'd prefer to have an ETA, if it only was possible.

Edited by Anhedonie on May 31, 2016 10:35PM
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
  • Avidspark
    Avidspark
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does the people asking for refunds even read the contract they agreed to? Do they even know if the contract says something like "we can take down the servers whenever we need for maintenance and as long as the service is up (let's say...) 70% of the time, no refund can be asked for"? No?

It's fairly easy to demand our "rights" without taking note of our commitments, obligations and the things we agreed to on these terms that 99% of the people just skip :P

I'm frankly offended you think a whole 1% read them! Overestimated hyperbole!
    'Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.'
    T. Pratchett, 1948-2015 RIP, you are missed
  • FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We should get 2.5k crowns for this! If this isnt over in an hr im uninstailing the game and switching to a new one!

A little extreme don't you think
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Hey do you have any updates for us regarding an ETA?
    Thanks

Kyle

We're still testing the fix. Once it passes testing, we'll have a better idea of when we'll be back up.

Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Zaldan
    Zaldan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's see how well we really know Tamriel then.....

69dSyRv.jpg

And no, this is not the latest attempt to fix the lag in Cyrodiil.

nope it's the dev QA test server, the only way this game can run anywhere near right ;)
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
    Niidro tiid wah fusvok dirkah.

aka.@Cuthceol
  • Flaring_Path
    Flaring_Path
    Soul Shriven
    Baconlad wrote: »
    i'm getting really peeved by this, 3 hours and not even an answer? 3 hours on patch day...i'm sure this isnt the record, but this is BAD...this should have been fixed before hand. servers were fine before you took them offline, no reason you could not have done the fix and taken the server down for a few minutes to instal it

You don't know what you're talking about.

A game server doesn't get taken down for no valid reason, if they could've applied a hotfix or anything that only required a quick 'reboot' they would do so.
  • mistermacintosh
    mistermacintosh
    ✭✭✭
    Epona222 wrote: »
    I think some people are starting to over-react slightly... just saying...

Deadric sacrifices until the server comes back up! Who's first?
    Legalize Nirnroot!

Mac User, NA Server (CP810+, PVE focused):
    Magicka Templar Ra the Everlasting (Level 50 - Main Character)
    Stamina Sorcerer Khazaka-ri (Level 50 - Crafter)
    Dragonknight Tank Skalda Flamewreath (Level 50)
    Pet Sorcerer Hellias Ocume (Level 50)
    Magicka Necromancer Socelon (Level 4)

Templar Healer Mends-Through-Panic (Level 50)
    Stamina Nightblade Adanna-daro (Level 50)
    Stamina Warden Marely Sprigs (Level 50)
    Stamina Dragonknight Ursula Trollcalmer (Level 50)
    Stamina Necromancer Daengeval (Level 4)

Stamina Templar Cornellus Graves (Level 50)
    Warden Healer Pays-For-Luxury (Level 50)
    Magicka Sorcerer Sophia Flash (Level 50)
    Magicka Dragonknight Cinvalo Aloavel (Level 50)
    Magicka Nightblade Esmerelda the Cruel (Level 50)
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It has now been over 3 hours (half the time of the entire patch maintenance) and we don't even have an ETA?

To quote Molag Bal:

"I am patience, but not THAT patient."

:|

EDIT: I guess they're testing a fix... I will try and be reassured.

Edited by Phinix1 on May 31, 2016 10:36PM
  • AyeshaBelladonna
    AyeshaBelladonna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad I'm still a subscriber....i just wish ZOS had kept up what they promised...which was appreciation items and areas that were subscriber only accessible. the craft bag is a step in the right direction but one mount and a couple pets for being here since beta? Bleh. Not feeling the love ZOS. throwing us subscribers a bone now and then would go a long way to folks being much more tolerant of downtimes. While I'm glad you guys caught this apparently major issue right away, I'm still disappointed at the lack of info.
    NA EP CP1200+
    Original: Mag/Templar Erestem Nightblossom (Tank/Healer Hybrid, Alchemist, general nuisance)
    Alt's? at this point...so many to play, so little time!

**RED or DEAD** Long Live EP!

Leather Lace- GM, ESO Grand Designs GM, Ankle Biter for Lone Wolf United, CO-GM of Tower of Wayreth,
    Master Furnisher & Housing fanatic, PvP junkie
    Beta Tester, part of the 2013 Club
  • syxx210
    syxx210
    ✭✭
    Better things await.
  • m3k0g3kk
    m3k0g3kk
    Soul Shriven
    We should get 2.5k crowns for this! If this isnt over in an hr im uninstailing the game and switching to a new one!

just because you think that doesn't mean that the rest of us supporting the game think that... this is a great game and the people who do buy crowns are technically supporting the people who are working hard to fix issues as fast as possible... considering that they have probably been up now for over 24 hours working in the background to try and make everything go smoothly (4 hour downtime is really impressive for such an update) then finding more issues that is bad enough to need to bring the server back down... and all the the people bitching here about how bad we have it for waiting is kinda pissing me off... sure we are waiting but is it really all that bad???? oh no we miss out on a few hours of game play... stop bitching... its a game act like adults already
  • Immortal_Dark410
    Immortal_Dark410
    ✭✭✭
    Nogawd wrote: »
    Never ending wave of entitled whine-babies......

LOL :D
    Anhedonie wrote: »
    Oh come on. Stuff like this always happens in every mmo.
    You people are so soft. Its not like your granny is on life support system and the power suddenly went off.
    Just a small fix for a small issue.

Still, I'd prefer to have an ETA, if it only was possible.

lol nice Granny Metaphor

Retired Guild Leader Of AMAZING DEALS OF TAMRIEL
    Retired Guild Leader Of AMAZING DEALS OF NIRN
    (ALL FACTION TRADE GUILDS)

PC NA SERVER
    DC - DARKDROGO | ORC | STAM DK | LVL 50 | CP 1285
    AD - DARK-GEARLT-OF-RIVIA | ALTMER | MAG SORC | LVL 50 | CP 1285
    EP - DARK-ABYSS | DUNMER | MAG TEMP | LVL 50 | CP 1285
    DC - REAPERS-CLOACK-OF-YASSASEEN | BRETON | MAG NB | LVL 50 | CP 1285
    AD - DARK-SLADE-WILSON | KHAJIIT | STAM NB | LVL 50 | CP 585
    AD - THE-LAST-DRUID-OF-PARANOR | ALTMER | MAG DK | LVL 50 | CP 1285
    AD - GALADRIEL-LADY OF LIGHT | IMPERIAL | STAM SORC | LVL 50 | CP 1285

CONSOLE PS5 NA SERVER AS WELL
  • Lenikus
    Lenikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dethbl00ms wrote: »
    Nords and Bretons first.
    ... Mai cave. >:3
  • PeggymoeXD
    PeggymoeXD
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks

Kyle

We're still testing the fix. Once it passes testing, we'll have a better idea of when we'll be back up.

I volunteer to test the fix. Thank you.
    Kitty DK

Vanguärd
    Învictus
    Sun's Death
    EPHS

- Peggy Moe - Look Mom No Emp Buff - Chalman - Linda the Zookeeper -
  • Willard
    Willard
    ✭✭✭
    Kas wrote: »
    would be so great for EU players to know if we're looking at an unknown eta between 15min and X horus or between 3 and X hours, by the way

We'd provide an ETA if we had one, @Kas, promise. Sorry, we know this is frustrating. :( We're working to get the issue sorted and resolved as quickly as possible. We'd much rather everyone be in game enjoying Dark Brotherhood.

Have we mentioned how Awesome you are Jessica!:)
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    74166d3b02a4c975d681b123efbf0b41dd13325779d5d043fee95471e9efe321.jpg
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • Zaldan
    Zaldan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Robbmrp wrote: »
    Altairien wrote: »
    We're currently testing a potential fix. We don't have an update regarding the maintenance end-time, but we'll continue to provide updates.
    An "item-related issue"...

That causes you to immediately bring down the servers...

Before you've even developed a potential fix...

Much less tested it to verify it you're even on the right track...

Meanwhile the server has been down for several hours and remains down...

Whatever it was, it must've been one nasty exploit.

What we're working on fixing wasn't an exploit. We've been investigating and pulling together all the details (thus the lack of details initially.) We will share the details in our hotfix messaging.

That's disheartening to read. Something needs to be done about the exploits that are being used in this game and really soon. Banning people isn't a long term fix. Stop the exploits from happening.

Hopefully the game will be back up when I get home from work!

you one of those people that has a job where they're gone for like 3 months at a time then? ;)
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
    Niidro tiid wah fusvok dirkah.

aka.@Cuthceol
  • Witar
    Witar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Me waiting for the zos to fix their game:
    iTr7UkplF-Y.jpg

It cannot be seen, cannot be felt,
    Cannot be heard, cannot be smelt,
    It lies behind stars and under hills,
    And empty holes it fills,
    It comes first and follows after,
    Ends life, kills laughter.
  • sweetlamb96
    sweetlamb96
    Soul Shriven
    Amiliana wrote: »
    When people start bringing up subscription, refunding and loosing 1 day in Tamriel, I only shake my head.

To begin with, in most MMORPGs, issues like maintenance have already been agreed upon by being able to play the game, that the developers are NOT responsible for "economical loss".

Secondly, have you even considered what you loose? 1 day you loose an ice cream, at most. The most expensive subscription plan is €12.99 per month, which gives €0.43 per day, so I mean that literally.

Thirdly, are you really that addicted to the game, or if it is greed over a few pennies? Then you might need the break, to think your life over.

Fourthly, if you can not stand things like maintenance - keep away from MMORPGs.

Sooooo, me, i couldn't play every day because of the school, and sometimes all i just need is escape my life playing TESO, so i wait all the day to play. As many people, i guess. We are just impatient !
  • Kulizma
    Kulizma
    ✭✭✭
    I would also like compensation. I have been sitting at my desk for the past 3+ hours hoping it will come online soon...
    CP1000 - Magicka DK
    Red Lotus
  • Avidspark
    Avidspark
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks

Kyle

Thx 4 letting us know ;)

I guess I'll check back in 4 beers :p
    'Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.'
    T. Pratchett, 1948-2015 RIP, you are missed
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    dethbl00ms wrote: »

The next poster that threatens to cancel their sub or ragequit. Having a daedric prince about to suck their soul into some daedric realm should help to put things in perspective :)

(Can I have their stuff though?)
    Edited by Epona222 on May 31, 2016 10:38PM
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • Leslannister
    Leslannister
    ✭✭
    Better to go to bed and see where we are with this tomorrow ...
  • Zyle
    Zyle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jim_Pipp wrote: »
    74166d3b02a4c975d681b123efbf0b41dd13325779d5d043fee95471e9efe321.jpg

This meme applies to so many parts of my life :worried:

676 CP
    Zyle - LVL50 Stamina Nightblade - Former Emp AS - VMA Clear (Flawless)
    Joven - LVL50 Hybrid Templar
    Adion - LVL50 Stamina DK
    Radac - LVL50 Magicka Sorcerer
    Vanikath - LVL50 Magicka DK
  • Shader_Shibes
    Shader_Shibes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks

Kyle

A rough guesstimate please? I have over 100 gold keys burning a hole in my chars pockets ^^
  • Ra'Shtar
    Ra'Shtar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just want to point out this kind of things are unacceptable, people spend money to play the DLC today and after so much down time there won't even be 100 crown sorry reward.
    Some of my favorite screenshots
    My opinions and posts are mostly on a PvE setting.
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Would be your loss - the new DLC is awesome stuff.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks

Kyle

A rough guesstimate please? I have over 100 gold keys burning a hole in my chars pockets ^^

Don't worry, all burning of pockets get's paused while the server is down. ;)
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Immortal_Dark410
    Immortal_Dark410
    ✭✭✭
    m3k0g3kk wrote: »

just because you think that doesn't mean that the rest of us supporting the game think that... this is a great game and the people who do buy crowns are technically supporting the people who are working hard to fix issues as fast as possible... considering that they have probably been up now for over 24 hours working in the background to try and make everything go smoothly (4 hour downtime is really impressive for such an update) then finding more issues that is bad enough to need to bring the server back down... and all the the people bitching here about how bad we have it for waiting is kinda pissing me off... sure we are waiting but is it really all that bad???? oh no we miss out on a few hours of game play... stop bitching... its a game act like adults already

gotta hand it to you, You came out & Said it lol
    Retired Guild Leader Of AMAZING DEALS OF TAMRIEL
    Retired Guild Leader Of AMAZING DEALS OF NIRN
    (ALL FACTION TRADE GUILDS)

PC NA SERVER
    DC - DARKDROGO | ORC | STAM DK | LVL 50 | CP 1285
    AD - DARK-GEARLT-OF-RIVIA | ALTMER | MAG SORC | LVL 50 | CP 1285
    EP - DARK-ABYSS | DUNMER | MAG TEMP | LVL 50 | CP 1285
    DC - REAPERS-CLOACK-OF-YASSASEEN | BRETON | MAG NB | LVL 50 | CP 1285
    AD - DARK-SLADE-WILSON | KHAJIIT | STAM NB | LVL 50 | CP 585
    AD - THE-LAST-DRUID-OF-PARANOR | ALTMER | MAG DK | LVL 50 | CP 1285
    AD - GALADRIEL-LADY OF LIGHT | IMPERIAL | STAM SORC | LVL 50 | CP 1285