Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Make Summerset Great Again [a thread NOT about the hacking problem]

RealLifeRedguard
RealLifeRedguard
✭✭✭
Does anyone else think it’s weird that hammerfell looks far more decorative, luxurious, and ornate than Auridon?

ON-prerelease-11.jpg

screenshot-2014-05-11-08-16-42.png

screenshot_20140301_151842-bmp.jpg?w=1024

My two favorite races in the Elder Scrolls are redguards and altmer. One of the main reasons I decided to try this game
was so I could finally go to their homes and learn more about their cultures.

Yeah, that's right. I'm a hardcore nerd when it comes to roleplaying games. Sue me.

As happy as I am about ZOS’s portrayal of the redguards is how disappointed I am about their portrayal of the altmer.

I know ZOS’s excuse is that Auridon isn’t the “real” Summerset Isle, but it’s still SO visually boring to me. We know so little about the altmer homeland. It’s by far the most obscure and mysterious part of Tamriel. Even the Skyrim loading screens don’t even attempt to describe it, merely calling it an "ancient land shrouded in mystery".

All we know for certain is the crazy, morrowind-level-bizarre stuff we read in the PGE1 and the tame, generic D&D stuff we read in PGE3 and saw in Arena.

ZOS clearly went with the latter, leaving us with yet another European forest with grey arched buildings. As though we didn’t have enough of that already.

9_zps01fe5812.jpg

eso_2014_03_02_11_16_10_298.jpg

Cyrodiil-screenshot-03.jpg

eso-auridon.jpg

(these are all different provinces)

I know Tamriel has gone through many interpretations and makeovers through the years, but sometimes I feel like ZOS consistently chooses the most mundane visual styles they possibly can, especially when it comes to the altmer and imperials. It’s a shame too, because depending on which source you’re reading, they’re two of the most exotic and bizarre races in the game. I just don’t get why ZOS wants The Elder Scrolls to look less unique and more like any other medieval fantasy world.

I mean, I hate to be a downer but Auridon's cities just look like bland, washed out faux-Rivendell buildings in a generic pretty forest. It doesn't even feel like a island! I can't for the life of me understand why the khajiit, and the redguards for that matter, get to have such lavish, exotic, and decorative cities while the altmer, the masters of everything lavish exotic and decorative are forced to live in these gray, stone hovels.

I just feel embarrassed for the altmer, honestly. How can we be bragging about how opulent and beautiful our homeland is when our allies have this...

latest?cb=20130827161530

...and we have this...

auridon-2.jpg

Which looks more interesting to you?

Just to be clear, I don't want Summerset to look like Hammerfell or Elsweyr (that would make no sense), but Summerset has been built up this whole time as something crazy and alien. Compared to anything else in Tamriel, how is this in any way remarkable?

latest?cb=20140304032013

ESO_Online-Games-of-2014-feature_Embargo-Dec-1st_Auridon_1382086954.jpg

I wanted to see skyscrapers made of coral, boats made of giant butterfly wings and petrified starlight. I wanted to see maormer attacking the shores with their legendary sea-serpents. Honestly though, anything would have been preferable to what we got.

Or if that interpretation is “too weird” (strange, since dunmer get to have all the unique stuff) then at the very least I was expecting something more than this grey Rivendell nonsense.
In a world where people ride on giant ticks, live in city-sized crab shells and worship a hermaphroditic demi-god who rapes daedra-lords, is a more interesting Summerset too much to ask for?
I just don’t understand how or why other races are allowed to have glittering, colorful cities while the altmer, the most vain and magically advanced race on Nirn, are stuck with bland, colorless, and pragmatic architecture.

But enough of my whining, I want to know what you guys think of all this.

Was anyone actually satisfied with Auridon? Do you love the way it looks and think I’m crazy? Do you like the way altmer are portrayed in ESO? If ZOS let’s us see more of Summerset, what would you like it to be like? Let’s discuss!
Edited by RealLifeRedguard on May 30, 2016 4:46PM
#MakeSummersetGreatAgain! http://bit.ly/1sphMz7
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I concur, Auridon isn't ugly it's just...bland. How about brightly painted, gilded and carved ships? Or water fountains in gravity-defying and reality-warping configurations? Huge statues of revered ancestors? Altmer society is big on magic, and builds to last, they should have magic to burn--even if not right now during the Planemeld, then in the not-so-distant past.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • RealLifeRedguard
    RealLifeRedguard
    ✭✭✭
    I concur, Auridon isn't ugly it's just...bland. How about brightly painted, gilded and carved ships? Or water fountains in gravity-defying and reality-warping configurations? Huge statues of revered ancestors? Altmer society is big on magic, and builds to last, they should have magic to burn--even if not right now during the Planemeld, then in the not-so-distant past.

That's ANOTHER thing that really annoys me. We have no indication that the altmer are in any way magically advanced. They do everything just like everyone else, without any sort of magical assistance. In what way is altmer society advanced by magic?
  • Ra'Shtar
    Ra'Shtar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's ANOTHER thing that really annoys me. We have no indication that the altmer are in any way magically advanced. They do everything just like everyone else, without any sort of magical assistance. In what way is altmer society advanced by magic?

I'm sure mainland Summerset is different that Auridon. I can't remember where i read that the cities of mainland Summerset are bustling with magic and of course you have the crystal tower!
    Some of my favorite screenshots
    My opinions and posts are mostly on a PvE setting.
  • RealLifeRedguard
    RealLifeRedguard
    ✭✭✭
    Ra'Shtar wrote: »

I'm sure mainland Summerset is different that Auridon. I can't remember where i read that the cities of mainland Summerset are bustling with magic and of course you have the crystal tower!

I'm not so sure that ZOS is willing to live up to the original descriptions of Summerset. They already got Firsthold wrong. I remember when ZOS tried to tell us that altmer cities are grounded in reality and that the stuff described in the old lore books isn't possible (it was in their first aldmeri dominion AMA). Anyone remember their "You can't make buildings out of poetry" snafu?

The notion that "The rest of Summerset will be cooler" never made sense to me. It seems like wishful thinking. We're supposed to believe that the altmer for no reason use an entirely different architectural style and have an entirely different culture on Auridon than they do on Alinor?

Why?

What reason is there for that other than a contrivance to make us less angry over how underwhelming Auridon turned out?

Edited by RealLifeRedguard on May 30, 2016 5:23PM
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MAuGA!

I talked about this over a year ago, but these things don't get a lot of traction.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/172783/tamriel-a-visual-review
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • Dromede
    Dromede
    ✭✭✭✭
    Auridon is my favorite zone, but that's a lot due to the gorgeous pink blooming trees. I also love the white stone arcs and buildings scattered throughout the land. Agree though, an average Auridon house looks very simple inside to the point of being scarce.
    Skye Cloude - Sorc DPS, Master Crafter. Main, the bestest
    Lae Lenne - Templar Healer Trial grade.
    Dromede - Stamina Nightblade, she's a newb and doesn't know what she's doing
    V'oghatta - Stamplar pretending to be a tank
    Ulville Thonvella - aspiring Fire Mage, be careful around her fire sticks!
    Dromedaris - lost and not found. Named after a shoe, what else can you expect from her? A proper tank in her wildest dreams
    Swims-Naked - too pretty to grind, too silly to quest.
    Sun Flair - Dunmer Templar that can't spell for life. To bad she's too broke to afford a name change... Well, at least she's pretty...
  • Ra'Shtar
    Ra'Shtar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not so sure that ZOS is willing to live up to the original descriptions of Summerset. They already got Firsthold wrong. I remember when ZOS tried to tell us that altmer cities are grounded in reality and that the stuff described in the old lore books isn't possible (it was in their first aldmeri dominion AMA). Anyone remember their "You can't make buildings out of poetry" snafu?

The notion that "The rest of Summerset will be cooler" never made sense to me. It seems like wishful thinking. We're supposed to believe that the altmer for no reason use an entirely different architectural style and have an entirely different culture on Auridon than they do on Alinor?

Why?

What reason is there for that other than a contrivance to make us less angry over how underwhelming Auridon turned out?

Cose they don't really allow many outsiders in their mainland cities, Auridon is there to make contact and trade with the rest of Tamriel. In the Pocket Guide to the Empire they explain how very few outsiders are ever allowed inside the cities of Alinor and how Auridon works as port for trade between Alinor and the rest of Tamriel.
  • RealLifeRedguard
    RealLifeRedguard
    ✭✭✭
    Dromede wrote: »
    Auridon is my favorite zone, but that's a lot due to the gorgeous pink blooming trees. I also love the white stone arcs and buildings scattered throughout the land. Agree though, an average Auridon house looks very simple inside to the point of being scarce.

Right? I just don't see why ZOS gave races like khajiit and redguards such rich-looking, decorative and lavish homes while we end up with grey hovels that looks more at home in Solitude than they do in Summerset.
  • RealLifeRedguard
    RealLifeRedguard
    ✭✭✭

Why?

Cose they don't really allow many outsiders in their mainland cities, Auridon is there to make contact and trade with the rest of Tamriel. In the Pocket Guide to the Empire they explain how very few outsiders are ever allowed inside the cities of Alinor and how Auridon works as port for trade between Alinor and the rest of Tamriel.

True, but that doesn't explain why they would randomly decide to build things completely differently, or why Zenimax would claim the descriptions we read in lore are false.

In all honesty, we can come up with as many explanations as we want, but the fact remains that ZOS CHOSE to portray Auridon this way, and then came up with a convenient explanation afterward.
  • Ra'Shtar
    Ra'Shtar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Right? I just don't see why ZOS gave races like khajiit and redguards such rich-looking, decorative and lavish homes while we end up with grey hovels that looks more at home in Solitude than they do in Summerset.

Khajiit are based of Hindu culture and Redguard are based of midwest culture, they have very rich and colorful architecture. What you have seen of the khajiit architecture is not even the good stuff.
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More Visual Effects = More Lag
  • RealLifeRedguard
    RealLifeRedguard
    ✭✭✭

Khajiit are based of Hindu culture and Redguard are based of midwest culture, they have very rich and colorful architecture. What you have seen of the khajiit architecture is not even the good stuff.

I think you meant to say African for the redguards. It's a common misconception that they're arab, and they do have some north-african / arab themes but with their physical description, names and words like Na-Totambu, Kematu, Yokuda, and the original writer comparing them to black panthers, they're pretty obviously inspired by African kingdoms like Meroe, Nubia, and Songhai.

For the khajiit, I don't think there was ever any hint of Hindu or Indonesian culture in them until ESO. They were always more Moroccan or even Romani to me, but honestly I like the direction Zenimax went with them. I just wish the altmer got something remotely interesting.

Like I said, it's not that I want Summerset to look like khajiit and redguard stuff, but what exactly did we get? What are we based off of? Again, our cities look like grey, dull, bland versions of Rivendell. It's awful.
    Edited by RealLifeRedguard on May 30, 2016 6:27PM
  • Knightpanther
    Knightpanther
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They make great Cider in Somerset
  • RealLifeRedguard
    RealLifeRedguard
    ✭✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »
    More Visual Effects = More Lag

But the dunmer, khajiit, and redguards are allowed to look visually interesting? Surely that didn't destroy the game or make it too laggy. I've never understood this sentiment.
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I actually favor humans in TES games over the Elves. I've played elves of course, but I'm speaking in generalities. The main reason I played the AD faction when the game released was that I wanted to experience a slice of TES I'd never seen before. Like you, I also felt like we didn't get enough of the Altmer. I think it was interesting to get a little more about the Bosmer as well, but I feel they were presented better or more prevalently.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • Styxiii
    Styxiii
    ✭✭✭
    I also think AD needs a new Capital, elden root is has no easy acsess to crafting or bank areas without going thru a load screen, the guild traders are not as popular as rawl kha, even though in EP and Dac their capital cities are actually populated with people for not just pledges but to sell and what not while AD is split between rawl and elden root, MAKE AD GREAT AGAIN
  • Ra'Shtar
    Ra'Shtar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think you meant to say African for the redguards. It's a common misconception that they're arab, and they do have some north-african / arab themes but with their physical description, names and words like Na-Totambu, Kematu, Yokuda, and the original writer comparing them to black panthers, they're pretty obviously inspired by African kingdoms like Meroe, Nubia, and Songhai.

For the khajiit, I don't think there was ever any hint of Hindu or Indonesian culture in them until ESO. They were always more Moroccan or even Romani to me, but honestly I like the direction Zenimax went with them. I just wish the altmer got something remotely interesting.

Like I said, it's not that I want Summerset to look like khajiit and redguard stuff, but what exactly did we get? What are we based off of? Again, our cities look like grey, dull, bland versions of Rivendell. It's awful.

The architecture would say otherwise, there is places in Hew's Bane that look very alike Mesopotamia and Abah's Landing is i would say inspired by Mesopotamia and Ottoman. Sentinel is a more modern Redguard city that looks very heavily inspired by Ottoman and their capital Constantinople.
  • RealLifeRedguard
    RealLifeRedguard
    ✭✭✭

The architecture would say otherwise, there is places in Hew's Bane that look very alike Mesopotamia and Abah's Landing is i would say inspired by Mesopotamia and Ottoman. Sentinel is a more modern Redguard city that looks very heavily inspired by Ottoman and their capital Constantinople.

I suggest you take a look at some medieval African cities.

kairouanmosque2.jpg

Timgad_9.jpg

2185.jpg

Redguard cities are definitely not Mesopotamian. I can definitely see Ottoman, but that's more due to the fact that both North Africa and Turkey were heavily influenced by Arab / Muslim architecture.

Their primary inspiration is Africa. Their designer was inspired by African culture and their role in fantasy, their names are all east or North African, they worship gods like "Tu'waccha" and "Tall Papa" for goodness sake.

I don't know why this is so hard for people to grasp. The confusion comes from the fact that a lot of their influence comes from North Africa, which itself was influenced by the Middle East.

But back on topic, none of this explains why the altmer got the short end of the stick. Am I the only one who thinks Auridon is completely underwhelming? Is this really the "strange, mysterious, and alien" civilization we were waiting to see?
    Edited by RealLifeRedguard on May 30, 2016 7:32PM
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

kairouanmosque2.jpg

Timgad_9.jpg

2185.jpg

Redguard cities are definitely not Mesopotamian. I can definitely see Ottoman, but that's more due to the fact that both North Africa and Turkey were heavily influenced by Arab / Muslim architecture.

Their primary inspiration is Africa. Their designer was inspired by African culture and their role in fantasy, their names are all east or North African, they worship gods like "Tu'waccha" and "Tall Papa" for goodness sake.

I don't know why this is so hard for people to grasp. The confusion comes from the fact that a lot of their influence comes from North Africa, which itself was influenced by the Middle East.

But back on topic, none of this explains why the altmer got the short end of the stick. Am I the only one who thinks Auridon is completely underwhelming? Is this really the "strange, mysterious, and alien" civilization we were waiting to see?

I personally think the Redgards are a little more diverse than you're giving them credit for. You really have multiple elements to their culture: Yokudan, Crown, and Forebear are the primary but not the only elements. Tamriel has changed them, and they are not exactly the same people they were on Old Yokuda. The whole shehai thing also takes on a more Samurai kind of feeling to me than you'd expect from African culture. The Redguards are inspired by a lot of things, and I definitely think the middle east and all of Africa are part of that, I'd also suggest some far-east themes as well. I am in full agreement though that the Altmer need more. I was really looking forward to seeing something unusual with the Crystal Tower - I'm still holding out for the hopes of seeing it.
    Edited by dodgehopper_ESO on May 30, 2016 7:51PM
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pls don't mess with my Auridon Q.Q it's neat to be there, most romantic place to mara and it is a balanced good home town location.
  • RealLifeRedguard
    RealLifeRedguard
    ✭✭✭

kairouanmosque2.jpg

Timgad_9.jpg

2185.jpg

I personally think the Redgards are a little more diverse than you're giving them credit for. You really have multiple elements to their culture: Yokudan, Crown, and Forebear are the primary but not the only elements. Tamriel has changed them, and they are not exactly the same people they were on Old Yokuda. The whole shehai thing also takes on a more Samurai kind of feeling to me than you'd expect from African culture. The Redguards are inspired by a lot of things, and I definitely think the middle east and all of Africa are part of that, I'd also suggest some far-east themes as well. I am in full agreement though that the Altmer need more. I was really looking forward to seeing something unusual with the Crystal Tower - I'm still holding out for the hopes of seeing it.

They definitely take inspiration from many places, particularly Japan and even bits of Aboriginal mythology as well. I just get frustrated that no one seems to acknowledge the obvious African overtones they have. It's confusing to me that no one seems
    to realize they're inspired by Africa at all.
    Edited by RealLifeRedguard on May 30, 2016 7:54PM
  • RealLifeRedguard
    RealLifeRedguard
    ✭✭✭
    Pls don't mess with my Auridon Q.Q it's neat to be there, most romantic place to mara and it is a balanced good home town location.

So you think grey stone houses are more romantic than white marble, crystal, and coral? If anything, making it lore friendly would make
    it more romantic.
  • Ra'Shtar
    Ra'Shtar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What culture would you say Altmer are based of, their buildings don't look like something i had seen before.
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

kairouanmosque2.jpg

Timgad_9.jpg

2185.jpg

They definitely take inspiration from many places, particularly Japan and even bits of Aboriginal mythology as well. I just get frustrated that no one seems to acknowledge the obvious African overtones they have. It's confusing to me that no one seems

Most people simply don't know about the African kingdoms. All the better that ZOS have done their homework - I think of all the races, Redguards have had the best lore-treatment so far, followed by Orcs.

Which makes the contrast to Altmer/Auridon even sadder. Even their crafting style seems uninspired, although I'll say the Dominion style hits the mark for what Altmer should have been: Elegant and alien.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So you think grey stone houses are more romantic than white marble, crystal, and coral? If anything, making it lore friendly would make
    it more romantic.
    well in my opinion it is a very neat nice looking location and it feels like home - the Shrine of Mara there is the only romantic marriage place in the game.

I don't know how lore friendly it would be to fill Auridon with marble, crystals and corals - but I know that I love the place as it is.

• ShirleyShine
    ShirleyShine
    ✭✭✭
    I love the countryside in Auridon, and Vulkelguard is beautiful.
    I would like a big city there with more ornate buildings.
    The population in Greenshade grumble about the architecture in Marbruk.
    They consider that Queen Ayrenn goes too far in making the cities palatable to all races, so who knows.

As much as I enjoy the diversity of Tamriel, I must admit to a warm hearted feeling of 'home coming' when I visit Vulkelguard.
    War....war never changes
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    From an Altmer's POV, given Auridon's history of being constantly under attack by the Maomer and Sloads, I think it makes some level of sense NOT to invest highly in the design of the cities there as that just means more wasted effort if/when it gets destroyed by the aforementioned races. It might mean that they have to live with more basic designs to their homes as a result.

As for why there isn't more magical influences involved, that's probably as a result of the Planemeld causing a vast number of mages during the time of ESO to have gone insane. With that big a loss to the magical community, many magical technicals were probably lost to the times and those that still know how are probably much fewer as a result of this so it's more a matter of too much for too little.

Probably the most logical, albeit very lazy, excuse I can think of.
    Argonian forever
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

kairouanmosque2.jpg

Timgad_9.jpg

2185.jpg

I see where you're coming from. I'm glad you brought up the Aboriginal mythology as well, because you definitely get a sense of the 'Dreamtime' with some of the Redgard lore, which really fits in with the way humans are known as the 'wandering spirits' and Mer are the ehlnofey. I'd say Old Yokuda clearly most exemplifies the African undertones of the culture. The Tamrielization of the Redguards make them more middle eastern, in the same way that the interplay with the Imperials makes them in part at least a bit more 'african' in theme. I like the way TES games try to blur those cultural lines, particularly with races like the Redgards, Bretons, Imperials, and Bosmer. You can see them in many cases as crossover representations of some older cultures mixed in with the new. The Bretons for instance are quite obviously human, but they have heavy Direnni influence (and the best chefs). I like how the Crowns are more 'Imperial' in theme with respect to the Forebears. They try to syncretize their Yokudan ways with the Imperial ways. You can see a similar interesting syncretization with the way modern Nord beliefs are written up compared to the older ways (dragon cult, animal spirits, Shor, etc). There's a kind of progression almost from Atmoran to Nedic to Nord to Imperial. Anyway these are just interesting observations.

I'm trying to get back on track with the Altmer themes. I like a lot of things about the Altmer, I love those strange Bonsai Cherry Trees they have. I just feel like they need something more too. What they have is interesting, but it feels incomplete. I'm with you on this. My problem is that I don't know what kind of positive ideas to offer them.
    <And plenty more>
  • RealLifeRedguard
    RealLifeRedguard
    ✭✭✭
    What culture would you say Altmer are based of, their buildings don't look like something i had seen before.
    Generic High Elf Fantasy World #378.

Only difference is its all grey and white.

Be honest, do you really think auridon lives up to the mysterious and supposedly "bizarre" altmer cities of the lore? Especially when compared to anythig else in Tamriel?

It's just so dull and generic compared to a lot of the other races. It's a disappointment
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Generic High Elf Fantasy World #378.

Only difference is its all grey and white.

Be honest, do you really think auridon lives up to the mysterious and supposedly "bizarre" altmer cities of the lore? Especially when compared to anythig else in Tamriel?

It's just so dull and generic compared to a lot of the other races. It's a disappointment

I feel like Altmer need cool lights. Dunmer have their really cool paper lanterns. Altmer need some kind of beautiful and unique lamps... I think it should be crystalline or something. Maybe?
    <And plenty more>