The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

A Video Plea to ZOS [Sad Times]

• Ishammael
    Ishammael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm impressed you played for 7m in that framerate and lag... I would have just quit.

Regardless, your suggestion that objectives need to be changed so that players don't all funnel to one place is a good one. Unfortunately, we have been asking for this for more than a year (since it became obvious that lag occurred when the big groups clashed at objectives).

It would be great if there we a huge range of objectives scattered around the map. For instance:
    1. Towns with capturable flags.
    2. "orchards" were certain harvestable resources are available in large quantities... but require an alliance to capture them
    3. Single-tower outputs in between keeps with one flag on the roof.
    4. Keep resources that actually do something when you take and hold them
    5. etc.
  • Pchela
    Pchela
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ishammael wrote: »
    I'm impressed you played for 7m in that framerate and lag... I would have just quit.

Regardless, your suggestion that objectives need to be changed so that players don't all funnel to one place is a good one. Unfortunately, we have been asking for this for more than a year (since it became obvious that lag occurred when the big groups clashed at objectives).

It would be great if there we a huge range of objectives scattered around the map. For instance:
    2. "orchards" were certain harvestable resources are available in large quantities... but require an alliance to capture them
    5. etc.

i really couldn't see people going after those suggested objectives when something like last emp keep is on the line :/
  • Stikato
    Stikato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Change is not coming, I'm sorry to say.

Enjoy it for what it is, or enjoy something else.
    Mordimus - Stam Sorc
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^This^

Jules, we have all been down this road for 20+ months. All the same complaints and where has it gotten us? Are things any better? I guess the lag is a little less terrible after TG, but some things are worse than ever. Either learn to just accept the game and have fun or go play Dark Souls or CU when it drops. What exactly are videos like you posted going to accomplish?
    Edited by God_flakes on April 30, 2016 4:54PM
  • forzajuve212
    forzajuve212
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_MattFiror @ZOS_BrianWheeler

This is what the PVP side of your game has come to. Something has to be done.
  • OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Even after leaving ESO I had small reserves of hope, and some of the changes for DB had me intrigued. Things like adding some flag mechanics to the districts (even if it should have came like this stock). But otherwise Cyrodiil is pretty much unplayable, even for players who run solo and want nothing to do with groups. We wait endlessly for some type of small scale PvP update, arenas and battlegrounds where we can escape lag and enjoy smaller PvP. The lag won't easily be fixed (or be fixed at all), many top level devs bounced from the project. It's no longer the ESO that we knew. It's probably already too late, ZOS' awkward stance on the matter (as Blab alluded to) is a death sentence to PvP in this game.

I knew that once Dark Souls 3 came out it'd be a fantastic game for small PvP out of the box. It's got the perfect PvP for smaller scale players, it blends PvE is a way ZOS couldn't ever do with an MMO. But now that I'm playing it, I realize that ESO will never fill that void for me. Beating up on droves of noobs in unplayable lag conditions is not fun, even minus the lag it gets old really fast.

This might be unpopular opinion for many, but ZOS builds this game for endless droves of Skyrim noobs, that's why PvE is mostly a joke and there is no reward for exploration etc. ZOS wants to sell DLC packs with small homages to the standalone TES games "now you can steal, no pvp though" or "now you can assasinate NPC, no PvP though", that casuals will get all excited about and buy / play for a few hours. While Dark Souls 3 might be easier for veterans of the series than previous titles, FROM Software doesn't design the difficulty of the game for the lowest common denominator, and the result is a more fun game for people who enjoy challenges.

Just my 2 cents.
    Edited by OdinForge on May 1, 2016 12:19AM
    The Age of Wrobel.
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OdinForge wrote: »
    Even after leaving ESO I had small reserves of hope, and some of the changes for DB had me intrigued. Things like adding some flag mechanics to the districts (even if it should have came like this stock). But otherwise Cyrodiil is pretty much unplayable, even for players who run solo and want nothing to do with groups. We wait endlessly for some type of small scale PvP update, arenas and battlegrounds where we can escape lag and enjoy smaller PvP. The lag won't easily;y be fixed (or be fixed at all), many top level devs bounced from the project. It's no longer ESO that we know. It's probably already too late, ZOS' awkward stance on the matter (as Blab alluded to) is a death sentence to this game.

I knew that once Dark Souls 3 came out it'd be a fantastic game for small PvP out of the box. It's got the perfect PvP for smaller scale players, it blends PvE is a way ZOS couldn't ever do with an MMO. But now that I'm playing it, I realize that ESO will never fill that void for me. Beating up on droves of noobs in unplayable lag conditions is not fun, even minus the lag it gets old really fast.

This might be unpopular opinion for many, but ZOS builds this game for endless droves of Skyrim noobs, that's why PvE is mostly a joke and there is no reward for exploration. ZOS wants to sell DLC with small homages to the standalone TES games "now you can steal, no pvp though" or "now you can assasinate NPC, no PvP though", that casuals will get all excited about and buy / play for a few hours. While Dark Souls 3 might be easier for veterans of the series than previous games, FROM Software doesn't design the difficulty of the game for the lowest common denominator, and the result is a more fun game for people who enjoy challenges.

Just my 2 cents.

My son plays DS and absolutely loves it. For me the graphics are a little cheesy.
  • EsoRecon
    EsoRecon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this is why i dont go to cyrodiil anymore. imp city is tolerable and that is where i always am.
    Xbox One [ NA ]
    Gamertag - Zyzz II Legacy
    Stam Sorc & Stam NB PvP
    (I'm Just Here To 1vX)
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They need to remove the Emp system, or at least make it so you need to hold 2 keeps.

People simply won't spread out on last keep.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    God_flakes wrote: »
    Even after leaving ESO I had small reserves of hope, and some of the changes for DB had me intrigued. Things like adding some flag mechanics to the districts (even if it should have came like this stock). But otherwise Cyrodiil is pretty much unplayable, even for players who run solo and want nothing to do with groups. We wait endlessly for some type of small scale PvP update, arenas and battlegrounds where we can escape lag and enjoy smaller PvP. The lag won't easily;y be fixed (or be fixed at all), many top level devs bounced from the project. It's no longer ESO that we know. It's probably already too late, ZOS' awkward stance on the matter (as Blab alluded to) is a death sentence to this game.

This might be unpopular opinion for many, but ZOS builds this game for endless droves of Skyrim noobs, that's why PvE is mostly a joke and there is no reward for exploration. ZOS wants to sell DLC with small homages to the standalone TES games "now you can steal, no pvp though" or "now you can assasinate NPC, no PvP though", that casuals will get all excited about and buy / play for a few hours. While Dark Souls 3 might be easier for veterans of the series than previous games, FROM Software doesn't design the difficulty of the game for the lowest common denominator, and the result is a more fun game for people who enjoy challenges.

Just my 2 cents.

My son plays DS and absolutely loves it. For me the graphics are a little cheesy.

"Japanese Nintendo font", Giant dramatic item icons, anime-grostesque themes, sewn together with a wonderfully brutal difficulty mechanic.

I'd get into a series like that if it had the western horror art direction that made powerhouse 80's movies like Hellraiser so intellectual yet brutal. Hell, just get me a game that had the intuitive use of sound recognition in 2016's Hush as a fear mechanic.

I get the push for new players as a business model, but those of us that grew up on 1998's gaming golden age are looking for the embracing of art and storytelling. We are becoming more aware of the push for challenging content as gamers but are constantly hitting business ceilings and none of those choices are made of glass. Rock solid, obtuse, and freakishly transparent as meathods to push money.

I get that we all need to pay bills. But sometimes a very well sewn game with impeccable design direction can make up for years or millions of advertising. It's just a matter of how you want to pull those resources to the end zone and the urge to step back and self-critque your product intuitively.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Darnathian
    Darnathian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When i quit this i went back to FPS. It took a good week to get back my reaction time from not needing it in this pile of lagshit. Now dominating Halo. So nice playing lag free.
  • Enraged_Tiki_Torch
    Enraged_Tiki_Torch
    ✭✭✭
    Alittle melodramatic but it's the sad truth of it all. Don't know what Zenimax is looking at but 30 FPS and 100 Ping is not what I get. Since I have returned alittle for TG, I am experiencing this stuff in PvE zones (Craglorn of all places) and that tells me something is definitely wrong. My top of the line PC has the same issues with my mid level in this game and my gaming port is prioritizing sending and receiving packets.
    Edited by Enraged_Tiki_Torch on April 30, 2016 7:35PM
    My solution to Champion Point System here
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Jules

What a poetic yet sadly true video. At this point, its doubtful this ever gets fixed honestly.

Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Just my 2 cents.

It's a great game and in general the graphics work great, but they willingly put less effort into naked character models. Then you get *** like this.

2470431-1924137778-tumbl.png

But I'd play a great functional Minecraft grade graphical game, over 900 ping prime time ESO any day.
    Edited by OdinForge on May 1, 2016 12:05AM
    The Age of Wrobel.
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Elong wrote: »
    And yet we all keep playing this game for hours every day. How pathetic are we? Abusive relationship material.

Speak for yourself.
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Erock25 wrote: »
    Elong wrote: »
    And yet we all keep playing this game for hours every day. How pathetic are we? Abusive relationship material.

Speak for yourself.

I'm not speaking for you of course, but for many other people I'm sure.
  • Pchela
    Pchela
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Next time use this song and add more puppies: https://youtube.com/watch?v=3pvf_OBuJVE
  • HoloYoitsu
    HoloYoitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks to ESO, I enjoy doing schoolwork more than playing.
  • Nahz
    Nahz
    ✭✭✭
    Guys, you're all missing the big picture here. Would you just look at those lighting effects?

Mmm, stupendous~
    Nahz - VR16 Sorcerer
    Paragon of Togglemancer Excellence
    Daggerfall Covenant | Trueflame NA PC

#SeeYouInCU
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just my 2 cents.

It's a great game and in general the graphics work great, but they willingly put less effort into naked character models. Then you get *** like this.

But I'd play a great functional Minecraft grade graphical game, over 900 ping prime time ESO any day.

Hahahaha this is who I picture when King Monkey Nuts joins our group!!
  • Rakkul
    Rakkul
    ✭✭✭
    BUT WAIT!
    Surely this cannot be!

The problem has been identified and actioned by Zenimax as Sorc Shield Stacking.

Sorcs have obviously been wandering round in pvp with 20 second shields - never needing to refresh them over this entire duration......apparently.

Long duration Shield Stacking must have caused the lag and unreliable skill performance. The (number out of a hat) reduction to Sorc shield duration will apparently dramatically improve the pvp situation, hence the prioritization by the developers.

(However, now with everyone running round shielded which will have to be recognized by the system, and may in fact make the performance worse.)

But disregard this moment of factual thinking, and climb on the 20 seconds shield stacking blame train - always good to direct things at a single target in pvp - even when it's so obviously the wrong one.

Re the video - good example of what the actual problems are. The issue being that to fix these will demand a significant amount of work and probably equipment expense by the company.

Consequently other actions will be looked at as the way to improve matters - and will not make any difference.

Merely placebos to make some players feel good when it's not their class that gets focused on by the developers as the scapegoat for the very real engine performance and balance problems in the pvp environment.
    Edited by Rakkul on May 1, 2016 6:58AM
  • Nafirian
    Nafirian
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just my 2 cents.

xoo0ua.jpg
  • OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nafirian wrote: »

Just my 2 cents.

xoo0ua.jpg

9b037851285c9a783b5896392e397321.jpg
    The Age of Wrobel.
  • Nafirian
    Nafirian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nafirian wrote: »

Just my 2 cents.

xoo0ua.jpg

9b037851285c9a783b5896392e397321.jpg

Thats right you be scared @morostyle Always make hideous chars :<
  • AllPlayAndNoWork
    AllPlayAndNoWork
    ✭✭✭✭✭

5. etc.

This +1

Said something like this from 1.5 onwards........ Capturable bridges, different looking keeps and layouts etc
    Easy to implement and would revive PvP AND keep the whole map active.
  •  Jules
    Jules
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

5. etc.

This +1

Said something like this from 1.5 onwards........ Capturable bridges, different looking keeps and layouts etc

Captureable bridges is a fantastic idea. I also think that there should really be a bridge between Nikel and Alessia honestly. People love bridge action with all the nooks and crannies there.

All the towns in Cyrodiil should be Captureable and give buffs to faction or character. Something worthwhile. Same goes for the districts in IC. There needs to be incentive other than just obtaining to obtain or obtaining to get more TV stones. People want power more than they want anything else. That's why emp pushes and dethrones are so popular bc it buffs the entire faction and an individual tenfold. Give small scale players things to capture that give back to the overall goals and efforts of the alliance they play for.

And yes, agreed with whoever said 2 keeps instead of 1 for emp dethrone. Inconvenient for the emp, but hopefully helps lessen the stacking we see at last emp keep.

But all of these are just fixes to spread people out when in reality, the game should function just fine even at last emp keep with lots of players present. It just doesn't.
    JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

IGN- @Juies || Youtube || Twitch
    EP - Julianos . Jules . Family Jules . Jules of Misrule. Joy
    DC - Julsie . Jules . Jukes . Jojuji . Juliet . Jaded
    AD - Juice . Jubaited . Joules . Julmanji . Julogy . Jubroni . Ju Jitsu

Rest in Peace G & Yi
    Viva La Aristocracy
  • Sacadon
    Sacadon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The fact that overall PvP performance has progressively gotten worse is completely unacceptable. We should be able to have big fights like we did when it was first released. There's no good reason why we cannot.

I speculate that as players left over the years, ZOS continued to reduce the number of supporting servers to keep costs in-line.

Their communication style on the matter breeds further contempt, telling me the truth may actually be worse than our current beliefs. But of course one has to be careful giving too much credit.
  • Darnathian
    Darnathian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jules wrote: »

5. etc.

This +1

Captureable bridges is a fantastic idea. I also think that there should really be a bridge between Nikel and Alessia honestly. People love bridge action with all the nooks and crannies there.

All the towns in Cyrodiil should be Captureable and give buffs to faction or character. Something worthwhile. Same goes for the districts in IC. There needs to be incentive other than just obtaining to obtain or obtaining to get more TV stones. People want power more than they want anything else. That's why emp pushes and dethrones are so popular bc it buffs the entire faction and an individual tenfold. Give small scale players things to capture that give back to the overall goals and efforts of the alliance they play for.

And yes, agreed with whoever said 2 keeps instead of 1 for emp dethrone. Inconvenient for the emp, but hopefully helps lessen the stacking we see at last emp keep.

But all of these are just fixes to spread people out when in reality, the game should function just fine even at last emp keep with lots of players present. It just doesn't.

Also lock emp capping except for the hours of 2pm EST to Midnight or some other way to prevent night capping.

or get rid if it all together.

oh and fix the lag and we will come.
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think the emp system adds any value to the game at all. Except to those running in the emp group. To everyone else, it is a detriment.
  •  Jules
    Jules
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    zyk wrote: »
    I don't think the emp system adds any value to the game at all. Except to those running in the emp group. To everyone else, it is a detriment.

There would be zero reason to take a keep if there wasn't emp and associated buffs.
    This is the exact reason the IC district updates are problematic.
    JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

IGN- @Juies || Youtube || Twitch
    EP - Julianos . Jules . Family Jules . Jules of Misrule. Joy
    DC - Julsie . Jules . Jukes . Jojuji . Juliet . Jaded
    AD - Juice . Jubaited . Joules . Julmanji . Julogy . Jubroni . Ju Jitsu

Rest in Peace G & Yi
    Viva La Aristocracy