The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Improved lag

God_flakes
God_flakes
✭✭✭✭✭
So I played about 8 hours a day this weekend and prime time the last two week nights in TF. I have to admit, for me, the lag is greatly reduced. We had huge battles at Chal mine last night and I don't recall anyone in ts raging about the lag. But the load screens for nearly all of us are the worst they've ever been and sometimes I spent about 8 minutes or so per hour in load screens. Can be frustrating when you try to port to help out your team or turn in a bounty.

What has been everyone else's experience post TG as far as lag and load screens?
  • Bislobo
    Bislobo
    ✭✭✭
    I am having mixed feelings since TG. Sometimes it seems the lag is slightly less than it was before. But then there is random spikes and stays like that for hours. It's weird and definitely different than previous patches. However performance wise is worse than before.
    Redguard Dragonknight - Bislobo
    Orc Nightblade - Bislobø
    Redguard Sorcerer - Bisłobo
    Imperial Templar - Bíslobo
    Altmer Sorcerer - Bisløbo
    Options
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've noticed sound cuts out during large battles and I'm actually able to swap weapons and cast skills and stay alive. I've noticed decreased open field lag, minor lag on some flag caps and that's about it. Over the course of the last 5 days I haven't had any real game breaking, keyboard smashing lag. I will say I have noticed an uptick in the guys using macros. And it really is pathetic. If you can only kill people in this game with macros-just delete the game.
    Options
  • Iyas
    Iyas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most of the huge guilds left the game and with them most of the lag. But its still unplayable on trueflame at EU primetimek
    Noricum/ Kitesquad/ PC/EU

Kitesquad Vol. 1

https://youtube.com/watch?v=6tGxK9KRrEI
    Options
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, Na primetime TF has been super fun the last couple nights.
    Options
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was in Trueflame as well last night on the PC-NA server and was pleasantly surprised at how playable the game was. I hope it keeps up and continues to get better!
    NA Server - Kildair
    Options
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not that the server performance has improved. It's entirely based on how many competitive players have left and the way the game is being played. As pleasant as it may seem at times, it's not because of healthy factors.
    Options
  • _Chaos
    _Chaos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's cause those dang VE guys weren't playing.
    Today's forecast is also clear skies with a slight chance of lag in the afternoon, followed by a red night cap in the evening.
    Thunderstorms and a heavy lag increase are expected tomorrow, with a meteor shower later in the afternoon.
    'Chaos
    Options
  •  Jules
    Jules
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A good number of people are on PTS. That's the only reason why.
    JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

IGN- @Juies || Youtube || Twitch
    EP - Julianos . Jules . Family Jules . Jules of Misrule. Joy
    DC - Julsie . Jules . Jukes . Jojuji . Juliet . Jaded
    AD - Juice . Jubaited . Joules . Julmanji . Julogy . Jubroni . Ju Jitsu

Rest in Peace G & Yi
    Viva La Aristocracy
    Options
  • PainfulFAFA
    PainfulFAFA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NA TF did not lag yestd??
    Did we all forget that huuuuge Aleswell fight between reds and blues?? Soon as that aleswel fight spiked it up to 999+ i got bored and logged.
    PC NA
    Aztec | AZTEC | Ahztec | Aztehk | Master of Mnem
    MagDK | Magplar | Magward | Mageblade | Stamsorc

Options
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    _Chaos wrote: »
    It's cause those dang VE guys weren't playing.
    Today's forecast is also clear skies with a slight chance of lag in the afternoon, followed by a red night cap in the evening.
    Thunderstorms and a heavy lag increase are expected tomorrow, with a meteor shower later in the afternoon.

Lmao
    EU | PC
    Options
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zyk wrote: »
    It's not that the server performance has improved. It's entirely based on how many competitive players have left and the way the game is being played. As pleasant as it may seem at times, it's not because of healthy factors.

Can you prove this, though? Perhaps if those players who were causing the lag (if indeed they were)left... shouldn't we be glad they're gone?
    Options
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jules wrote: »
    A good number of people are on PTS. That's the only reason why.

It was better this weekend before Pts updated. I'm simply going but the size of the battles I have been in (very large) with minimal lag if any at all.
    Options
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    EU TF and AS both unplayable at primetime
    Options
  • Nogawd
    Nogawd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did we all forget that huuuuge Aleswell fight between reds and blues?? Soon as that aleswel fight spiked it up to 999+ i got bored and logged.

I was there healing for the reds :)

No lag.

Also, no sign of VE.
    Options
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exactly. No lag for me or for any of my teammates. None complained. But the loading screens are deadly.
    Options
  • Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nogawd wrote: »

No lag.

Also, no sign of VE.

I'll be sure to stop by tonight and flip lag switch on
    Edited by Ghost-Shot on April 27, 2016 10:56PM
    Options
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lag is still a problem though not as bad recently . Sound still cuts out which is very annoying .
    Options
  • PenguinInACan
    PenguinInACan
    ✭✭✭✭
    DB is going to bring more lag than is currently happening.

They added a LOS check on templar BoL (most spammed heal in the game), they added an AOE dps to the second most spammed debuff removal in the game (templare purify), they added a heal to absorption field adding more AOE checks and added a damage buff to suppression field for more dps calculations, they altered templar burning light passive to calculate max values of spell vs weapon damage, focused healing now has to calculate speed debuffs against set/CP bonuses of enemies...the list keeps going.

Don't count on lag going away until they do some closed PLAYER invited testing and prove they will used the feedback provided in said testing.
    Marek
    Options
  •  Jules
    Jules
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

No lag.

Also, no sign of VE.

VE is apparently leveling yellows and rerolling.
    Bc, yknow, AD doesn't have enough.
    JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

Rest in Peace G & Yi
    Viva La Aristocracy
    Options
  • Zheg
    Zheg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

No lag.

Also, no sign of VE.

Wednesday and Sunday are off-nights for raid, and we're also testing a lot on PTS so we didn't even get a raid going yesterday.

When it comes to talking about alliance populations and who needs help, you've already demonstrated what a genius you are on the subject with: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/239275/ebonheart-pact-needs-some-love . Trust me, no one else needs further convincing Jules; you've well-established how accurate your opinions on these matters are.
    Edited by Zheg on April 28, 2016 4:06AM
    Options
  •  Jules
    Jules
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zheg wrote: »

No lag.

Also, no sign of VE.

Wednesday and Sunday are off-nights for raid, and we're also testing a lot on PTS so we didn't even get a raid going yesterday.

When it comes to talking about alliance populations and who needs help, you've already demonstrated what a genius you are on the subject with: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/239275/ebonheart-pact-needs-some-love . Trust me, no one else needs further convincing Jules. You've well-established how accurate your opinions on those matters are.

Lol you're the saltiest person in eso. And this is literally a game with the likes of Sarenvog who tells little kids that he hopes their parents die.

It was a joke. How did you even type an entire novel in 2 minutes? I swear you live on the forums.
    JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

Rest in Peace G & Yi
    Viva La Aristocracy
    Options
  • Zheg
    Zheg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

No lag.

Also, no sign of VE.

When it comes to talking about alliance populations and who needs help, you've already demonstrated what a genius you are on the subject with: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/239275/ebonheart-pact-needs-some-love . Trust me, no one else needs further convincing Jules. You've well-established how accurate your opinions on those matters are.

Lol you're the saltiest person in eso. And this is literally a game with the likes of Sarenvog who tells little kids that he hopes their parents die.

It was a joke. How did you even type an entire novel in 2 minutes? I swear you live on the forums.

A novel? 3 sentences? Reading comprehension in Boston must be a work-in-progress. Is that why they have so much trouble reading pressure #s on footballs? :trollface:
    Options
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No lag.

Also, no sign of VE.

A novel? 3 sentences? Reading comprehension in Boston must be a work-in-progress. Is that why they have so much trouble reading pressure #s on footballs? :trollface:

You owe me a new mousepad for the coffee i just spit out all over it.
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
    Options
  • PainfulFAFA
    PainfulFAFA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DB is going to bring more lag than is currently happening.

They added a LOS check on templar BoL (most spammed heal in the game), they added an AOE dps to the second most spammed debuff removal in the game (templare purify), they added a heal to absorption field adding more AOE checks and added a damage buff to suppression field for more dps calculations, they altered templar burning light passive to calculate max values of spell vs weapon damage, focused healing now has to calculate speed debuffs against set/CP bonuses of enemies...the list keeps going.

Don't count on lag going away until they do some closed PLAYER invited testing and prove they will used the feedback provided in said testing.

PC NA
    Aztec | AZTEC | Ahztec | Aztehk | Master of Mnem
    MagDK | Magplar | Magward | Mageblade | Stamsorc

Options
  • KenaPKK
    KenaPKK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    God_flakes wrote: »
    I've noticed sound cuts out during large battles and I'm actually able to swap weapons and cast skills and stay alive. I've noticed decreased open field lag, minor lag on some flag caps and that's about it. Over the course of the last 5 days I haven't had any real game breaking, keyboard smashing lag. I will say I have noticed an uptick in the guys using macros. And it really is pathetic. If you can only kill people in this game with macros-just delete the game.

Macros don't enable you to do things in this game that you couldn't do with your own fingers, though. If you can't fight against someone using macros, then the problem is as much on your end as it is theirs. I'm not sure if I know anyone who macros (haven't asked), but I fight against a lot of players with really fast animation cancels, ability casts, and reactions just fine.
    Edited by KenaPKK on April 28, 2016 4:37AM
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC original dueling and general PvP community guild
    Now the hub of competitive dueling and the joined PvP communities of NA and EU/PC

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
    Options
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by God_flakes on April 28, 2016 2:44PM
    Options
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KenaPKK wrote: »
    God_flakes wrote: »

Macros don't enable you to do things in this game that you couldn't do with your own fingers, though. If you can't fight against someone using macros, then the problem is as much on your end as it is theirs. I'm not sure if I know anyone who macros (haven't asked), but I fight against a lot of players with really fast animation cancels, ability casts, and reactions just fine.

Really? So you've never experienced instant death only to open your death recap to see 5 low level skills, even the death blow only at 4K or so-all from the same clown? If this isn't macro I don't know what is. I could see if it happened every time I died. But it doesn't. I usually have the op to defend myself in some way.
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No lag.

Also, no sign of VE.

I have a lot of clients/projects in Boston. In their defense it is a giant college town where a large percentage of that population stays in the city as they transition between young-adult to professional. Reading comprehension is very strong there.

But there isn't a degree on "ball inflating" apparently...
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • Psilent
    Psilent
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No lag.

Also, no sign of VE.

I heard this rumor last week, is it true?

If VE plays on Trueflame, then yes, it'll help even out the population. AD on Trueflame could use some organization. However, if they go to Haderus.. Not so much.

I don't think AD crowned an Emperor this cycle at all.
    Options
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ummmm, AD is in second place on TF last I checked. They certainly have the numbers to accomplish that.
    Options