The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Audio Bugs

• sirinsidiator
    sirinsidiator
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_CaseyCoffman in 2.3.9 on the x64 client the issue with sounds cutting out completely during large scale battles seems to be fixed. Good job! :)
    The random white noise and other sound effects going loud bug is still happening.
    Edited by sirinsidiator on April 13, 2016 7:29PM
    https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/ - My Addons - The Vault (Early updates and experimental projects) - My patreon - My blog
  • hoaxburnrwb17_ESO
    hoaxburnrwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    As a follow-up, our Audio team is interested in seeing videos (with sound) of the Cyrodiil sound issues. If anyone is able to provide one, they'd be very grateful!

in other words, they don't believe us
  • ZOS_CaseyCoffman
    ZOS_CaseyCoffman
    ✭✭✭
    @sirinsidiator That is great to hear. (AUDIO PUNS, GET IT?... I'll stop now... :wink: )

We're still looking into all the reported sound issues (including sounds cutting out during battle, random sounds, and static), but glad to hear the most recent fixes are working for you so far!
    Edited by ZOS_GinaBruno on April 15, 2016 1:45PM
    Casey Coffman
    Audio / Voiceover Lead Analyst - The Elder Scrolls Online
    Staff Post
  • Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi Dreyloch (and others!), I couldn't agree with you more about combat sounds being crucial to reaction time. As Jess mentioned, we are looking into this. The biggest help we could use now are video captures of sounds not playing in Cyrodiil, (ideally with no non-game sounds playing) from users like you! :smile:

(Edit for clarity. Ideally we're looking for videos of JUST sounds missing in Cyrodiil, as we're of the mind that the static/random sounds issue is a separate one, linked to 64 bit clients)

This used to be a problem, and was fixed months and months ago.

I don't know what brought it back, but I would go back and look at the previous fix if you haven't already.

If you have already, can you let us know what is different with the bug this time compared to the last time? We love details!!!!
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Sallington - Templar - Stormproof - Prefect II
    Cobham - Sorcerer - Stormproof - First Sergeant II
    Shallington - NightBlade - Lieutenant |
    Balmorah - Templar - Sergeant ||
  • Skorol007
    Skorol007
    ✭✭✭
    @sirinsidiator That is great to hear. (AUDIO PUNS, GET IT?... I'll stop now... :wink: )

We're still looking into all the reported sound issues (including sounds cutting out during battle, random sounds, and static), but glad to hear the most recent fixes are working for you so far!

I was farming chests in the sewers last night and all of a sudden a very annoying sound appeared and would not stop. I decided to relog but as you can see in the link below, it kept going. It only stopped once i left IC

https://www.twitch.tv/skorol/v/60624886
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6uhQRO4w_g

For the love of god, please don't fix this one.
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You having pun? Think you're punny? If not, beat it. Audi-ose. There's a world of trebble to be found in such word games, and at times it really hertz. A lot of devs are guar-ed re-guarding such interaction, bass-ed on my experience.
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • crazmadsci
    crazmadsci
    ✭✭✭
    We're looking into these, everyone. If you are able to provide any additional specific examples, please do! It would be helpful to know what you're hearing, where you're hearing it, if there was any action associated with triggering the sound, and whether or not you're using the 64-bit client or 32-bit client. Thank you!

I have been recording quests for my projects and have been experiencing painful static, completely loss of quest giver voice acting only for specific responses (typically have to log out and log back in to get the footage), And also waterfall sounds overwhelming everything from far away.

I can provide footage of these examples.
    twitch streamer crazmadsci, Guildmaster Ethereal Army, Guide Writer: Travelers Guide to Tamriel.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    crazmadsci wrote: »
    We're looking into these, everyone. If you are able to provide any additional specific examples, please do! It would be helpful to know what you're hearing, where you're hearing it, if there was any action associated with triggering the sound, and whether or not you're using the 64-bit client or 32-bit client. Thank you!

I have been recording quests for my projects and have been experiencing painful static, completely loss of quest giver voice acting only for specific responses (typically have to log out and log back in to get the footage), And also waterfall sounds overwhelming everything from far away.

I can provide footage of these examples.

Just to confirm, this is only on the 64-bit client, yes? If so, go ahead and shoot us an email with some footage and we'll review. Thanks!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • crazmadsci
    crazmadsci
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno yes this is 64 Bit clinet Windows 10 both on EU and NA PC servers. I'll go find the footage now.
    twitch streamer crazmadsci, Guildmaster Ethereal Army, Guide Writer: Travelers Guide to Tamriel.
  • ContraTempo
    ContraTempo
    ✭✭✭✭
    As a follow-up, our Audio team is interested in seeing videos (with sound) of the Cyrodiil sound issues. If anyone is able to provide one, they'd be very grateful!

in other words, they don't believe us

What they want is to hear the specific sound clip so then can track exactly how it is getting activated. Also by looking at your video they can see a lot of details about your situation you might not think to include. A vid is worth 1000+ words.

ContraTempo
    Carpe DM
    Seize the Dungeon Master

• crazmadsci
    crazmadsci
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

I just found 2 examples of the dropped quest dialogue and random static. I've condensed it to 5 minutes in length. I'm sure i can find more examples but this can get it started.

It is uploading now and you will receive an email within the next 30 minutes or so.
  • fr33r4ng3r
    fr33r4ng3r
    ✭✭✭
    I think I may have discovered a possible cause and a solution. On windows 10 with the 64 bit client the audio issues would happen so often for me that it was unplayable. I tried everything (including disabling the NVidia audio drivers that a previous poster suggested) and the problem remained.

I figured it might help for me to record this happening and send it over. I downloaded Xsplit about a year ago so I figured I'd use that. When I started Xsplit it told me I had to update (not surprising since the version I had was so old).

I then proceeded to record 30 mins of gameplay with zero audio issues. Places where audio issues would always occur were fine now. Easy to explain I thought, Xsplit is running and the added load is preventing the problem...

Thing is, the 64bit client seems to be fine now, even without Xsplit running. No more audio issues (touch wood), and I had them all, random sounds, static, dropped dialog and combat sounds, you name it. I'll need to play for longer to verify, but I figure I'd throw this out there as see if it helps anyone else.

[EDIT: Oh well, I thought it was too good to be true. The silver lining is I have just under 10 mins of constant audio issues recorded. Uploading now. Will post a link when it's done.]
    Edited by fr33r4ng3r on April 16, 2016 6:58AM
  • pema
    pema
    ✭✭✭
    I went on today and had the usual issues again :(
    Officer of Alith Legion
    Ebonheart Pact guild, EU server.
    Check out our site alithlegion.com
  • karmamule
    karmamule
    ✭✭✭
    Preyfar wrote: »

Not sure why but this made me laugh so hard I was crying....thanks for posting! X-D
  • Suru
    Suru
    ✭✭✭✭
    karmamule wrote: »
    Preyfar wrote: »

Not sure why but this made me laugh so hard I was crying....thanks for posting! X-D

OMG please don't, i honestly love the sounds, they are so random and hilarious.

Suru
  • ContraTempo
    ContraTempo
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can't get Shadowplay to work on 64bit so no vid, but Win7 64bit I got the static/random sound thing yesterday off and on. I was in Reaper's March and while I did travel between wayshrines, I did not go out of Reaper's March.
    ContraTempo
    Carpe DM
    Seize the Dungeon Master

• fr33r4ng3r
    fr33r4ng3r
    ✭✭✭
    Here is the video I promised. It's almost 10mins of non-stop audio glitches and a few instances of the static other folks have been talking about. I hope this helps:

https://youtu.be/I_bnFfg6iQo
  • RDMyers65b14_ESO
    RDMyers65b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is dropping sounds during big battles but I am running from the launcher which I believe is still 32 bit and I loose sounds so I don't think it is related to the 64 bit client only.
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fr33r4ng3r wrote: »
    I think I may have discovered a possible cause and a solution. On windows 10 with the 64 bit client the audio issues would happen so often for me that it was unplayable. I tried everything (including disabling the NVidia audio drivers that a previous poster suggested) and the problem remained.

I figured it might help for me to record this happening and send it over. I downloaded Xsplit about a year ago so I figured I'd use that. When I started Xsplit it told me I had to update (not surprising since the version I had was so old).

I then proceeded to record 30 mins of gameplay with zero audio issues. Places where audio issues would always occur were fine now. Easy to explain I thought, Xsplit is running and the added load is preventing the problem...

Thing is, the 64bit client seems to be fine now, even without Xsplit running. No more audio issues (touch wood), and I had them all, random sounds, static, dropped dialog and combat sounds, you name it. I'll need to play for longer to verify, but I figure I'd throw this out there as see if it helps anyone else.

[EDIT: Oh well, I thought it was too good to be true. The silver lining is I have just under 10 mins of constant audio issues recorded. Uploading now. Will post a link when it's done.]

This is a bit like my experience with audio issues. Either I have lots of those in a session or none at all. It seems to have to do with how a session is initialized to me. Once you enter a "good" session, there are no problems at all and the client seems to be "fixed". But if you enter a "bad" session, all those issues reappear, sometimes as well with fps drops and other issues. I found that is less often the case to encounter a bad session, if I reboot my system before starting the eso client. This gives me pretty much always a "good" session, while if I start the client without to have rebooted my system I most likely will enter a "bad" session. Hope this helps to figure it out.
  • cjwilke_ESO
    cjwilke_ESO
    ✭✭
    I'm still getting static, pink missing textures, missing dialogue, etc., only with the 64 bit client. Every patch I try it out again and then I end up going right back to the 32 because bugs are apparent within minutes.
  • Mysteri0n
    Mysteri0n
    ✭✭✭
    I was doing the first harborage quest in the AD faction yesterday on the 32 bit client and was getting the static noise through the whole quest.
    Lore Council Conclave of Shadows, Trade Council in Knights Arcanum
    Officer Celestials of Nirn, Proud Member of Enders Jeesh .Stam Sorc Since Beta 2014
    #ARGONIANMASTERRACE
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is dropping sounds during big battles but I am running from the launcher which I believe is still 32 bit and I loose sounds so I don't think it is related to the 64 bit client only.

Same here... 32-bit client has sound drop out in large battles.. but afaik the glitch / random sounds only happen in the 64-bit client on my machine.
    Edited by Docmandu on April 20, 2016 10:21AM
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Get off your arse and go into Cyrodiil. Go to a location where there are large numbers of players fighting and your sound will go. You will be able to experience it yourself whether it be the 64bit or 32bit client. Makes we wonder if any of you ZOS big wigs even play your own game.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    32 bit... sound goes out completely from time to time and I have to completely log out of the game and restart it in order to get my sound back. Also, my characters now laugh while dancing which is highly annoying. Yet when I use an actual laugh emote there is often no sound at all.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• crazmadsci
    crazmadsci
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno I couldn't find a place to put this on PTS TESTING for Darkbrotherhoood but i'm continuing to get the static on the PTS server for the DB DLC on 64 bit windows 10. Can you put in an overall feedback thread?
  • daswahnsinn
    daswahnsinn
    ✭✭✭
    I don't always have an audio glitch, but when I do it sounds like I took to much LSD or a major case schizophrenia. Play responsibly my friends.
    | | daswahnsinn | Vet 16 Nord Dragon Knight | Bow/Dual Wield/Two-Handed Sword| DPS | | Warrior of the EbonHeart Pact | |
  • C0wrex
    C0wrex
    ✭✭✭✭
    I do from time to time. Like when my weapon swings won't give off a sound effect.
    "We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will, to strive, to seek and not to yield."

-Tennyson, Ulysses
  • zharthasb16_ESO
    zharthasb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    same thing here - i have a video recorded from orsinium , 64 bit version

https://youtu.be/AGwNOuevafU
    Megaserver US - since 2014
  • babylon
    babylon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno -

I reported this in another thread in Bug Reports here

The other day I bought a Chicken Breast Recipe from Logru the Chef, and when I bought it instead of the usual sound, I heard a chicken go "bock bock bock"...

Maybe that's a clue - the sounds are somehow related to the event going on, but all mixed up.

Also I have no control over my Ambience volume...I can turn it down, but when it wants to output a loud static noise or some other random chaotic sound, the Ambience volume turns itself back up, all by itself (again, reported in this thread here in more detail).

Edited by babylon on May 1, 2016 8:20PM