The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Audio Bugs

• Malborn66
    Malborn66
    ✭✭✭
    Also affected the Sounds generated by Picking Locks, some of the time there was no sound when you engaged of slipped a tumbler.
    Options
  • sirrmattus
    sirrmattus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i noticed audio bugs when i set my graphics to max.
    actually the game runs amazing when i use nvidia optimization
    Ebonheart Pact - North American Server
    - THE MORALES -
    Options
  • Kherem
    Kherem
    Soul Shriven
    I also have sound issues. When ever I enter a battle, the sound cuts from time to time or it's delayed. I play on the 32-bit client, not even on the 64-bit one, and I never encountered this problem before the last patch (March 15th). I'm waiting for a new patch that fixes this to continue to play, because this issue is just annoying.
    Ebonheart Pact | Muthei-Ta | Argonian Nightblade
    Options
  • WitchyWarrior
    WitchyWarrior
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wish I knew how to record! There has been so many audio issues, I had to mute everything :( It's not cool man.
    When I play during the day with kids at school, the house is very quiet. It's spooky quiet when I have no sounds playing.
    Here are a few issues I get regularly now;

I was told the thieves troves give off a certain sound when close by. Since they have been turned into unicorns(I went from finding 20ish on my run around the map for a few hours, to now so far, I have found 1 going to the same places, spending the same amount of time), Anywho...
    So I decided to mute everything except for Ambience and Effects. Those are set to 55 and Master volume is at 99. Everything else at 0.
    Haven't found a trove to test what it sounds like yet, not for lack of trying, but I sure did hear odd sounds everywhere!! In Deshaan by water as I was hoping around rocks the staic/hissing noises were happening over & over again.

Sounds are delayed. When I streak, a lot of times that effect is delayed. Harvesting wood or stone, that effect is delayed. I have the faster harvest thingamajig from the CP's and after Im done harvesting the item & walking away, the sound will happen.

I haven't been in Hew's Bane more than 3 times maybe since it was released because it's not playable for me with the rendering issues and what not. So my experiences are everywhere else basically. Low level areas, silver & gold areas and a lot of time in Cyrodiil. Sound issues everywhere.

The one that really tested my sanity is when I'm in Cyrodiil. It doesn't happen right away, usually about an hour or two into playing, but every action I would make(sheathing weapon, weapon swap, fire off a light attack, etc), there would be a rodent killing sound. I thought it was funny at 1st, but there is a reason I NEVER kill rodents in the wild. The sounds they make! And no it happens if I am playing for awhile.

Anyway, sorry for the page 'o text! There is so many more quirky sounds that shouldn't be there it would be much easier to show you then explain it. lol.

This was all on the 64-bit NA Trueflame. I am going to switch to 32 because of this, but also because the 64bit keeps crashing after a few hours because it uses all of my memory. I have 8 gig so I don't see how but that's not for here.
    I will let you know if there is anything similar with the 32bit. I'll run the same laps as I usually do.
    Options
  • Waseem
    Waseem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i get audio issues with 32 bit client
    @ZOS dont pretend that 32bit client does not have any audio issues, thanks
    PC EU

Options
  • Zaldan
    Zaldan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yep in cyrodiil on 32bit and 62bit, also noticed the other night in 24 man guild group in cyrodiil we were all losing sound at the same time in large fights to attack or defend keeps, there was a mix of 32bit and 62bit users.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
    Niidro tiid wah fusvok dirkah.

aka.@Cuthceol
    Options
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I started getting weirdness on the 64 bit client. Went back to the 32 bit and it sounded fine for a while. Last night, all kinds of sound issues now on the 32 bit. Mostly it is sounds starting then cutting out, like the Teleport sound when traveling to a wayshrine or guild member. Also Heavy attacks may not have any sounds, or sounds that cut out.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Options
  • Weberda
    Weberda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the last week I have lost all sound during large battles on TF in Cyrodiil (using 32 bit). Since you can't hear the stuff coming your way it makes fighting and surviving just about impossible. After two years it's hard for me to believe that so many things still get totally screwed up after a major change to the game. You've just about completely made PvP unplayable ZOS. I'm not even going to mention the lag and the ensuing effect on using skills. I've lost all faith in the people running this game.
    Fernwood, EP Haderus NA
    Lo Behold, AD Thornblade NA (formerly Haderus, inactive)
    Options
  • HighPlainz
    HighPlainz
    ✭✭
    We're looking into these, everyone. If you are able to provide any additional specific examples, please do! It would be helpful to know what you're hearing, where you're hearing it, if there was any action associated with triggering the sound, and whether or not you're using the 64-bit client or 32-bit client. Thank you!

Because ZOS doesn't play its own game. :o
    Options
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We're looking into these, everyone. If you are able to provide any additional specific examples, please do! It would be helpful to know what you're hearing, where you're hearing it, if there was any action associated with triggering the sound, and whether or not you're using the 64-bit client or 32-bit client. Thank you!

I originally posted this elsewhere, but since it appears the belief is this is isolated to Cyrodiil and the 64 bit client, I will repost here.

32bit client, Wrothgar solo PVE, sound cutouts and lag:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2X0xgi6Wkb0

ALSO using the 32bit client from the launcher, dialogue audio constantly cuts out, as does music.

Very difficult to play like this. In fact, I have put off playing Thieves Guild due to this combined with taking away the fun Trove mechanic.
    Options
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am also getting laggy sounds on the 32 bit client and sometimes it cuts out completely. I noticed that maybe the combat music cutting in sometimes causes this. And the epic music cuts in more often than before. Could it be that the smart combat music has bugged in some way? They said they had done something to make the music more responsive to battles or something. Did that cause issues?
    Edited by LMar on March 18, 2016 4:35PM
    "If a stick of fish is a fish stick, it will stick like other fish sticks stick"
    "Taller races now sit in chairs correctly"
    Options
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I annotated the above video for clarity.

FPS is ~60FPS capped for all of this, and ping is good (never above 150ms).

Back to playing Dying Light and watching Continuum.
    Options
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any ETA? Game is unplayable as it is.
    Options
  • sadownik
    sadownik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Phinix1 wrote: »
    Any ETA? Game is unplayable as it is.

Agree, had to turn off the sound in fear of heart attack of sudden random sound effect firing.
    Options
  • ozikeri
    ozikeri
    Soul Shriven
    Same here! With 64bit I get dramatic out of sync audio and textures are ridiculous. The amount of things that are purple is shocking. Although I spoke to a bearded ghost mimicking words which was hilarious.
    Edited by ozikeri on March 18, 2016 11:13PM
    Options
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really hope this silence of Z will bring some good news from them soon.
    Options
  • WitchyWarrior
    WitchyWarrior
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'll try to make this short, unlike my previous post:)
    I have been playing on the 32bit for the last few days and it does have some of the same issues.

I have the music muted, sound still cuts in and out randomly in pvp & pve areas. Happens every time on pvp during bigger battles.
    Also during battles there is a constant overpowering sound in the background. I can't explain it well, but it's very annoying. It's not the buzzing or hissing sound like in the 64 version, just as annoying though.

And the sound of murdering rodents happens when I am in conversation mode with a NPC. Bankers, & merchants. This happened more often in pve on the 32bit.
    Options
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems like an audio buffer problem. Bigger battle = more sounds = audio drop outs.

BTW I would make a video but the first one posted by @sirinsidiator describes the problem perfectly.
    Options
  • ZOS_CaseyCoffman
    ZOS_CaseyCoffman
    ✭✭✭
    Just following up. We haven't forgotten about you all, or this problem. Still working hard on trying to get to the bottom of this one. The best advice we can give is to use the 32-bit client as that only has the issue of the sounds going missing.
    Edited by ZOS_GinaBruno on March 28, 2016 9:03PM
    Casey Coffman
    Audio / Voiceover Lead Analyst - The Elder Scrolls Online
    Options
    Staff Post
  • shaijis
    shaijis
    Soul Shriven
    Gosh, I am so relieved I'm not the only one with these issues. I noticed them last night while playing on the 64bit client. (Which.... I discovered just days ago.) Sound tearing, loud static that lasts for a second, some sounds being louder than the rest, and finally, dialogue cutting out. I closed the game and tried listening to music and other games and the audio was fine for everything but ESO. When I relaunched (still 64bit), the problem was still there but it wasn't nearly as frequent and I could actually tolerate it for a few hours.

I haven't tried playing with 32bit for a longer time in a few days, and I kinda really don't want to anymore because my FPS drops & textures & players load really slowly around cities. With 64bit client the game works so much more smoothly. (I do have Reshade, but I only have it for the 64bit client.)

I don't, however, have any issues with textures. With 32bit they, and other players, just load slow.

Should I post my dxdiag or something? I'm not very good with technical stuff.
    Edited by shaijis on March 29, 2016 9:33AM
    Options
  • Omg_Pwned
    Omg_Pwned
    ✭✭
    Its not related to x64 or old client. I can even experience audio issues with the latest patch running around in riften on the ps4 ;)
    Options
  • Katsibrokos
    Katsibrokos
    ✭✭✭
    Sry but this is getting really annoying. Every minute spend on Thieves Guild area Hew's Bane is a pain in the ears. You hear random sounds, voices, mounts, harvesting sounds etc. This isn't something that rarely happens. This is happening all the time. Its really disappointing that still x64 client is so full of problems.
    Edited by Katsibrokos on March 29, 2016 12:28PM
    Wood Elf Templar
    Options
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sry but this is getting ***. Every minute spend on Thieves Guild area Hew's Bane is a pain in the ears. You hear random sounds, voices, mounts, harvesting sounds etc. This isn't something that rarely happens. This is happening all the time. Its really disappointing that still x64 client is so full of problems.

It's in beta.
    Options
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In cyrodiil, for me once the action gets heavy, with a lot of players on the screen and all kinds of particle effects going off my sound goes completely out silence, once the battle dies down a bit or I move off from the battle sound returns, and is normal.
    Edited by kevlarto_ESO on March 29, 2016 12:37PM
    Options
  • GarnetFire17
    GarnetFire17
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't have any problems with any other game or anything else with my integrated sound card. The game is what needs to be fixed.
    Options
  • Zaldan
    Zaldan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just following up. We haven't forgotten about you all, or this problem. Still working hard on trying to get to the bottom of this one. The best advice we can give is to use the 32-bit client as that only has the issue of the sounds going missing.

only?ONLY? are u 6£$% kidding me? no sound in a game that relies on audio ques as much as visual with so many attacks from stealth.... *walks away....
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
    Niidro tiid wah fusvok dirkah.

aka.@Cuthceol
    Options
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So Pathetic they cannot figure out what is causing the Audio issues in both 32 and 64 bit clients. I can understand the 64bit its new and in beta but with the Thieves guild launch now the 32bit also. Never fails every new dlc and more bugs to contend with. Then I got to laugh, when they ask for a video so they can hear or see the problems. Get off your arses and log in on a toon go to Cyrodiil and experience it. Makes we wonder sometimes.
    Options
  • bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In addition to the bursts of "white noise" and the random sounds, I am also noticing that the voice-overs occasionally go silent. They will pick up again with the next dialog selection. Re-selecting the missing dialogue will usually allow it to be heard. I only have these issues with the 64-bit client.

Edited by bulbousb16_ESO on April 6, 2016 1:14AM
    Lethal zergling
    Options
  • Cazic
    Cazic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having the same audio issues here.

Random weird noises / static is only happening with the 64-bit client, in any zone. Sound going missing entirely for extended periods is happening only in Cyrodiil, on both the 32-bit and 64-bit clients. I've had sound drops in Cyro that are short and not very noticeable, all the way up to them lasting 30 seconds - a minute.

i5 4670K
    16GB RAM
    GTX 980
    Win 10 64-bit

Cheers.

Options
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like memory leak to me....
    This sound doesn't live here any more.
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited