The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Did the stam nb go extinct?

• JubJub
    JubJub
    ✭✭✭
    https://youtu.be/d9nFkhvldoM
    This is what Ive been going up agaisnt since wednesday btw. No wb mercy for gankers :D
  • Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My magblade does not use prox det and I will prob kill a stamblade 1v1 fight me bro...

My stamblade is still OP so I do like him, pity he is a redguard though as that counts against him...

but I already have a Khajiit NB (retired) and didn't want a second.
    @Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im still stam and will always be stamblade. I havent fought a magblade who I didnt kill yet, apart from getting multiganked by 2x prox and 2x lotus and 2x tethers. And all those VD blades out there is relatively easy to kill cause their sustain is *** even if their burst is good, just survive their initial dump and youre good to go.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • sluice
    sluice
    ✭✭✭✭
    I swear, 3/4 of players in PVP right now are Magica Nightblade.
    I only got killed once by a Stamina Nightblade since the patch came out. (And I played a ton of PVP)

95% of my deaths have come from Magicka Nightblade from either one or a combo of these:
    -Proxy Det.
    -Soul Tether
    -Vicious Death
    -Sap Essence

PSN: sluiceqc (NA-PS4) CP: 551+
    I strictly play on Daggerfall Covenant for when it comes to PvP
    Daggerfall Covenant
    sluice - Orc Sorcerer (50)
    Anýa - Bosmer Nightblade (0..50)

Aldmeri Dominion (PvE only)
    Arýä - Altmer Sorcerer (50)
    Marksar - Breton Templar (50)
    Maksar - Bosmer Nightblade (50)
    sluice - Imperial Dragonknight (0..50) R.I.P.

Ebonheart Pact
    Can't-Heal-Stupid - Argonian Templar (0..50)

#VMATOKENSYSTEM #TRAITCHANGE
    (vMA) drop table and probability
  • Cthalion
    Cthalion
    ✭✭✭
    Stam NB still hits harder than a Magblade even if their opponent has 100 points in Hardy.

Why?

Spell damage is still more heavily mitigated by like...three other champion trees?

Magblade has to cheese hard to do as much damage as a Stamblade though and a Magblade HAS to do it from stealth.

You know what I mean...a Stamblade for example can ambush in and three shot SA you down unless you're a dergin-knight out of stealth with a couple cloaks every now and again to make their opponent's hard hitting moves miss the Stamblade.

A Magblade has to buff up and drop an ult (soul tether) and time it with prox det and sometimes follow it up with Concealed blades...everything but the CB has to be done from stealth for it to be effective.

I do see why a lot of ppl switched though, ppl on that band wagon of "Magblade can kill groups, Stamblade can't."

Magblade does feel like it instakills but it takes a lot more preparation to do something Stamblade can do without using an ult for example.

Stop doing drugs. Magicka nightblade hits so hard right now in terms of burst in pvp its outrageous.

Agreed, Mr.Pants. I think magic nb just has more of a skill curve to play well, and that's why mooks can't just jump in and wreck with it like they can with ambush+surprise attack.

and to the original poster, did you *totally* forget about light armor spell pen passive and ninrhorn?
    Edited by Cthalion on March 30, 2016 2:07PM
    Kosmoko.
    Stamina NB since 4-4-14.
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cthalion wrote: »
    Stam NB still hits harder than a Magblade even if their opponent has 100 points in Hardy.

Why?

Spell damage is still more heavily mitigated by like...three other champion trees?

Magblade has to cheese hard to do as much damage as a Stamblade though and a Magblade HAS to do it from stealth.

You know what I mean...a Stamblade for example can ambush in and three shot SA you down unless you're a dergin-knight out of stealth with a couple cloaks every now and again to make their opponent's hard hitting moves miss the Stamblade.

A Magblade has to buff up and drop an ult (soul tether) and time it with prox det and sometimes follow it up with Concealed blades...everything but the CB has to be done from stealth for it to be effective.

I do see why a lot of ppl switched though, ppl on that band wagon of "Magblade can kill groups, Stamblade can't."

Magblade does feel like it instakills but it takes a lot more preparation to do something Stamblade can do without using an ult for example.

Stop doing drugs. Magicka nightblade hits so hard right now in terms of burst in pvp its outrageous.

Agreed, Mr.Pants. I think magic nb just has more of a skill curve to play well, and that's why mooks can't just jump in and wreck with it like they can with ambush+surprise attack.

and to the original poster, did you *totally* forget about light armor spell pen passive and ninrhorn?
    Yea because magblades have to use lotus fan+proxy set to wreck people so much skill.Am sorry anyone and their mother can play magblade now with the changes to cp and zos giving proxy det away play a magblade is easy as hell.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaronking wrote: »

Why?

Yea because magblades have to use lotus fan+proxy set to wreck people so much skill.Am sorry anyone and their mother can play magblade now with the changes to cp and zos giving proxy det away play a magblade is easy as hell.

Proxy does more dmg enemies but less single target, Besides a lot of people have a lot more spell resist than physical resist, you can also block proxy and make it hit for like 2k...
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why?

Proxy does more dmg enemies but less single target, Besides a lot of people have a lot more spell resist than physical resist, you can also block proxy and make it hit for like 2k...
    10k proxy on me by myself proves you wrong.CC is so broken that at full stamina in the sewers I can't cc break from fear for 5 seconds and then its to late, you can't block because this crap is broken so it makes it easy to just kill people,
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am still around and loving my clever alchemist set.. lol.... Ganking just got better.
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

• Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There are way less stamblades because Manasorc and Manablade are OP like hell at the moment. Manablades Assassins Will hits like a truck, Ults scale better with Manabuilds and I don't want to start even with Proxydet... that spell should just be removed from the game because it's broken.
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka is overpowered at the moment. Yes we're still around, but magicka is currently hitting harder, has by far better resource management and survivability.

I've been a Nord Stamina Nightblade since PC beta. It's what I enjoy, and I'm not planning on changing. Yes I have many other different characters, but I just enjoy this play style the most.

Agree w/ this. Stamina Nightblade fits my personality.

EDIT: Idk if I'd say overpowered. They got buffed for sure. Maybe the good ones are OP. But there's a lot of bads. But that's all NBs I guess! :D

Staves get buffed from three different champion points, several magicka abilities such as radiant destruction, puncturing sweep, proxy det, bat swarm, meteor etc. Get buffed from two champion points. Stamina abilities (with the exception of rapid strikes, and biting jabs) only get buffed by one. The reason they're overpowered is due to lazy coding. Too many abilities in this game are coded as DoTs when they're really not.

Ya, I agree-- Prox Det is NOT a Damage over time spell, and neither is Curse (which I think also benefits from both Thaumaturge and Elemental). Ironically both those spells are integral parts of BURST damage builds (lol). The others, I (unfortunately) concede should be considered DoTs, imo.

My Poison Injection gets buffed by both! Well...If I had points in Thaumaturge. :D
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish Stam NB were extinct. Snipe spammers hiding in the shadows behind zergs. That is where you will find a TON of them!
  • Wuuffyy
    Wuuffyy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still here, hitting strong.
    Edited by Wuuffyy on April 4, 2016 2:10PM
    Wuuffyy,
    ESO player since 2014
    -PM for questions
  • MrTarkanian48
    MrTarkanian48
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have both a V16 Khajiit Stam and V16 Altmer Mag NB. I plan on sticking with Stam for PVP and Mag for PVE. Mag NB seems head and shoulders above stam NB for PVE DPS.

That being said, in PVP Mag NB has the "big play" upside with the new FOTM build/combo, but thats about all they have. It also can be challenging to line up all the buffs, and many make mistakes when trying to pull of these "bomb builds". Most are a 2 pump chump, and if they can't burst you down off the bat, they're done. Once you mark them they pretty much roll into the fetal position and die. Mag NB is typically either a glass cannon without the shield defense that a sorc has, or if they try to be well-rounded with regen and impen they just don't hit that hard.

My stamblade can still pull off between 3.5-4k weapon damge buffed with 32k max stam and 1.8k regen, and 20k resist with shadow barrier active. I would say my favorite match up in Cyrodiil right now is when I run into a mag NB, if they can't pull off the first proxy burst, they are dead before the next goes off.

I'm sticking with stam. I like being able to Block, CC Break, and Roll. Hopefully in the DB patch, stam builds will get some ultimate scaling adjustments and be back on a level playing field.
    Wood Elf Stam NB (PVP)
    Redguard Stam Sorc (PVP)
    Altmer NB (DPS)
    Imperial DK (Tank)
    Redguard DK (DPS)
    Altmer Templar (Healer)

EP - PS4
  • JasonSR0331
    Still here rocking my Stam NB... all I have done is change some gear/CP to kill them shield stacking sorc's faster!
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why?

10k proxy on me by myself proves you wrong.CC is so broken that at full stamina in the sewers I can't cc break from fear for 5 seconds and then its to late, you can't block because this crap is broken so it makes it easy to just kill people,

Did you have buff's up? Have you got 7 impen/ 48 in resistant?

I don't seem to be hit with 10k by myself?
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Le Me once TG dropped;

-Gets VD on MagNB
    -Tries it out for great and glorious science
    -Notices its not my cup of tea
    -Proceeds to then make shiney new StamNB because they missed how it played

Am I doing it right?

Judge me hard internet. 1.0
  • sluice
    sluice
    ✭✭✭✭
    While grinding this past week.. I turned my Wood Elf Stamblade into magica for the last few level.

Anyway, once I was VR16, I grew tired of the magblade.
    Timed right, that explosion is mental in 1vX.

But I find my Stamblade far superior in 1v1 and more fun to play.

The thing I miss the most out of my magica nightblade, isn't Proxy Det, it's actually the movement speed from cloak. (Concealed Weapon + Vamp + Double Take)
    PSN: sluiceqc (NA-PS4) CP: 551+
    I strictly play on Daggerfall Covenant for when it comes to PvP
    Daggerfall Covenant
    sluice - Orc Sorcerer (50)
    Anýa - Bosmer Nightblade (0..50)

Aldmeri Dominion (PvE only)
    Arýä - Altmer Sorcerer (50)
    Marksar - Breton Templar (50)
    Maksar - Bosmer Nightblade (50)
    sluice - Imperial Dragonknight (0..50) R.I.P.

Ebonheart Pact
    Can't-Heal-Stupid - Argonian Templar (0..50)

#VMATOKENSYSTEM #TRAITCHANGE
    (vMA) drop table and probability