Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

5000 Crowns for the upcoming assistants. Worth it ? ^^

• NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »
    Thornen wrote: »
    I don't know anyone that has actually bought it personally, and selling well is also conjecture on your part. And the price will not go down, it may go on sale at a later date but have you seen any crown store item price drop ever?

No, BUT... we have seen SALES on Crowns... which then equate to everything in the Crown Store going on sale. People are just mad because they don't think ahead when the Crowns go on sale, so they either buy too few or don't buy any, and then complain about the prices of items added later.

I can't speak for everyone but hving 20k in crowns from Christmas and the recent sale.
    It's not that "people" missed any sale but that "people" like me, equate value to items in th crown store and these items are priced higher than the value they offer compared to other items in the store.

Also....there is the obvious that these assistants aren't convenience items that are accessible otherwise and they are lacking features that they could offer but the crown store details are misleading.
    Don't assume the complaints and feedback is solely due to people not having crowns, not being able to afford crowns or by missing out on sales.
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nvm
    Edited by MissBizz on April 1, 2016 11:59PM
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    Can we stick to the topic here the argument is that these assistants are not worth the price that Zos has set them at. You can compare them to any item you want or cry its a free market when you clearly do not understand economics till the cows come home, still doesn't change the fact that they are overpriced, the majority of the community feels this way and overall it hurts the reputation and probably the sales of the company.

All opinion and conjecture. We really dont speak for anyone but ourselves. They are selling it seems quite well. Ive seen a lot of them in the game. People like to place them in banks make you click a few different ones till you find the actual banker. I mean what might be too expensive for you might not be for someone else. Personally I dont need it to be any more convenient so I wouldnt use em even if free. Thats just my opinion tho.

The market will dictate the price. If its too high the price will come down. If sales meet projections the price will remain the same.

I don't know anyone that has actually bought it personally, and selling well is also conjecture on your part. And the price will not go down, it may go on sale at a later date but have you seen any crown store item price drop ever?

Yes I have seen plenty of sales not just on crown store items but on crowns themselves. Remember too I also said it "seems" they are selling well as I see alot of them in the game. That qualifies my statement as my opinion. I didnt state it as fact.

FYI the Jester costume is on sale right now @jamesharv2005ub17_ESO ... Also pretty sure it was mount upgrades on sale a few weeks ago or so? And I remember pack space going on sale previously.

It doesn't happen often... But it does happen.

Oh! They also had a sale on a bunch of stuff before they removed it from the crown store...that was quite a long time ago though.

Bakers outfit, blacksmith outfits, blue motifs, mounts, etc ....gone for good but I grabbed those but lots of sales often occur so hopefully these assistants fall on at least 50% off or more
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on April 2, 2016 12:01AM
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nvm
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The assistant is a feature where each player has features typically only available from NPCs within specific towns or strategic locations. Player bank access and the ability to manage inventory, sale, etc. is not accessible otherwise outside of towns, unless you happen to see a merchant traveling or on occasions, small towns with a banker

The crown store purchase of either assistant offers players in-game features, that are not available otherwise...period

Again and again and again : NO.
    The assistants have features that every banker in town ALSO has. Those features are available in the game, just with a little effort / time involved, instead of without time / effort. They are not exclusive features. Period. You also easily forget to consider the "mail bounce" option, which, while not being an official feature, does exactly what the summoned banker does.

Let's put it differently : I have NEVER, EVER purchased anything from the crown store besides the DLCs. I play with many people who are subbed, and/or spend a lot in the Crown Store. I never, EVER felt being different or being at any kind of disadvantage or people in the group having to adapt to me for not having ESO+ or crown store stuff, or me having to adapt to them. It's absolutely seamless, and it is the same with these assistants : it is seamless. Under no point of view can you conclude that something necessary or useful for the gameplay is in the crown store and no available in the game. The assistants are convenient, that's all they are. The Crown Store is not a cash grab, it's a very well thought business model carefully designed to not frustrate anyone. Although it cannot heal people who are chronically frustrated.
    Also, again I will ask that we discuss and that you refrain from name calling or suggesting that my comments are what you refer to a"crying". Its fine that you disagree with my comments, and that we can discuss.

That goes both ways. Maybe the fact that I'm quoting you specifically makes it sound a little bit too personal : it's not. It's about all these fountains of tears, complaints and bash about something that unimportant (when the game actually has real issues, essentially performance issues, that could really kill it). Not from you personally, from all the whiners, including you.
    You don't want to *discuss*, you want to *disgust* us and everyone else from ZOS, from the game, from everything, and then pretend that you love the game (potential, blah blah...) , keyboard heroes defending social justice by denouncing supposedly too high prices for convenience items in a computer game... when in fact you look like children who complain about the shop which sells <put brand name here> shoes for 100 dollars and cannot afford it, but don't want the <no brand> shoes next to them for 30 dollars because, well, no name shoes aren't shoes and the world is so unfair.

It seems to me that what you want in the end is the assistant with more features for less money. And now.
    I guess even if you'd be given that you'd probably call it P2W and complain.

Sorry about the (kinda) rant and please don't take it personally. I just have an overdosis of reading of complaints. In my opinion, ZOS is extremely fair and clever with the Crown Shop.

• NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The assistant is a feature where each player has features typically only available from NPCs within specific towns or strategic locations. Player bank access and the ability to manage inventory, sale, etc. is not accessible otherwise outside of towns, unless you happen to see a merchant traveling or on occasions, small towns with a banker

The crown store purchase of either assistant offers players in-game features, that are not available otherwise...period

Again and again and again : NO.
    The assistants have features that every banker in town ALSO has. Those features are available in the game, just with a little effort / time involved, instead of without time / effort. They are not exclusive features. Period. You also easily forget to consider the "mail bounce" option, which, while not being an official feature, does exactly what the summoned banker does.

Let's put it differently : I have NEVER, EVER purchased anything from the crown store besides the DLCs. I play with many people who are subbed, and/or spend a lot in the Crown Store. I never, EVER felt being different or being at any kind of disadvantage or people in the group having to adapt to me for not having ESO+ or crown store stuff, or me having to adapt to them. It's absolutely seamless, and it is the same with these assistants : it is seamless. Under no point of view can you conclude that something necessary or useful for the gameplay is in the crown store and no available in the game. The assistants are convenient, that's all they are. The Crown Store is not a cash grab, it's a very well thought business model carefully designed to not frustrate anyone. Although it cannot heal people who are chronically frustrated.
    Also, again I will ask that we discuss and that you refrain from name calling or suggesting that my comments are what you refer to a"crying". Its fine that you disagree with my comments, and that we can discuss.

That goes both ways. Maybe the fact that I'm quoting you specifically makes it sound a little bit too personal : it's not. It's about all these fountains of tears, complaints and bash about something that unimportant (when the game actually has real issues, essentially performance issues, that could really kill it). Not from you personally, from all the whiners, including you.
    You don't want to *discuss*, you want to *disgust* us and everyone else from ZOS, from the game, from everything, and then pretend that you love the game (potential, blah blah...) , keyboard heroes defending social justice by denouncing supposedly too high prices for convenience items in a computer game... when in fact you look like children who complain about the shop which sells <put brand name here> shoes for 100 dollars and cannot afford it, but don't want the <no brand> shoes next to them for 30 dollars because, well, no name shoes aren't shoes and the world is so unfair.

It seems to me that what you want in the end is the assistant with more features for less money. And now.
    I guess even if you'd be given that you'd probably call it P2W and complain.

Sorry about the (kinda) rant and please don't take it personally. I just have an overdosis of reading of complaints. In my opinion, ZOS is extremely fair and clever with the Crown Shop.

The assistant is a new companion that can be cast like a pet anywhere other than in Cyrodil.
    Nothing like this exists that offers personal bank access and the ability to sale goods for you and all group
    Members. This specific feature is new and the only obtainable assistant outside of questing is for "fencing".

The merchants, and banker NPC's in the world cannot and will not join any of us in our travels.

The key in specific to the first sentences of your reply....in town vs anywhere, anytime and open to any group member. This is a completely new feature. This features for both the banker and merchant are exclusively locked behind a crown store purchase.

This is also not comparable to any players choosing to or not to purchase DLC or ESO plus. This is not content, it's new features exclusive to crown purchases only. It may help to go watch the ESO live from 2014 as to understand the context of what the crown store is to offer and the limitations of what convenience items are to entail or offer.

My comments are not suggesting your particular choice, habit, adaptability or influences are to be that of my own, however anything that is a feature exclusive to a crown store purchase that is otherwise non-attainable for in-game features does have an impact on you as you are in the world of Tamriel with other adventurers. You may choose not to partake but the economy, the social interactions and commerce still happen all around you and every piece of that changes your in-game experiences unless you never see, group, go to town or interact with other players or guilds.

...again...I'm not interested in engaging in attacks, insults, baiting comments so let's discuss or please skim past my comments and I'll stop quoting you.
    Thanks in advance
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is not content, it's new features exclusive to crown purchases only.

No. The ultimate purpose of those is not to be carried around, it's to get rid of excess inventory without interrupting dungeon/questing/grinding and without travelling around each time the bag is full or gear needs to be repaired, and that can be achieved easily with mechanics and items that are already available in the game.
    If you wish to maintain your unlogical position, let's agree to disagree.
    My comments are not suggesting your particular choice, habit, adaptability or influences are to be that of my own, however anything that is a feature exclusive to a crown store purchase that is otherwise non-attainable for in-game features does have an impact on you as you are in the world of Tamriel with other adventurers. You may choose not to partake but the economy, the social interactions and commerce still happen all around you and every piece of that changes your in-game experiences unless you never see, group, go to town or interact with other players or guilds.

Please explain how the fact that any number of players, high or low, using the assistants is going to change the ingame experience of anyone who doesn't use them ? Worst case scenario, it's gonna be convenient for me too if I can use one of my buddies' companion. I can't think of *any* disadvantage.

• NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No. The ultimate purpose of those is not to be carried around, it's to get rid of excess inventory without interrupting dungeon/questing/grinding and without travelling around each time the bag is full or gear needs to be repaired, and that can be achieved easily with mechanics and items that are already available in the game.

Please explain how the fact that any number of players, high or low, using the assistants is going to change the ingame experience of anyone who doesn't use them ? Worst case scenario, it's gonna be convenient for me too if I can use one of my buddies' companion. I can't think of *any* disadvantage.

I really comprehend that the benefits of adding such features in the assistant are due to many feedback a threads since closed beta asking for companions that we could cast in order to access (selling, banking) items wherever the player is located. While your mindset I'm sure is also shared by others, I believe there are crowds who interprete the features as most valuable while being carried around. I'm suggesting the ultimate purpose and the obvious value of any assistant is accessibility where otherwise impossible. That alone creates a value in the assistant and offers features never before available. Also in hearing while playing, reading while playing on PTs and reading forum and third party site feedback from players seems to be a mindset shared with me of a vocal group who seems rather large across the game or just observers who don't even play.

The affects....mentioned in my other comments earlier and quoting James and daeming in prior comments explain how.
    I'll share with you similar comments.

Players who grind for exp, mats, etc. were limited to mail or stopping and trading, and in cases traveling to merchants and banks in between runs. Now, players can literally grind non-stop so what occurs is a drastic impact to the market. Even if it's only one player who grinds any mat, gold, CP, exp or VR exp, or just hogs locations killing NPCs for minutes to hours on end impacts many others.

Imagine someone running tigers outside of Riften where they are right beside a merchant and bank having closer and immediate access all over Tamriel. Now understand that ZOS nerfs many grind spots because players began to group up and literally for hours...take over spots. These assistants now offer more of that behavior if someone pays the pice. Now being that it's only available via the crown store, the other players either have to buy one themselves or group with the few that have these assistants.

That example alone impacts you, me and everyone else in many different ways.

Another example is how today, ppl trade in town but now with a bank assistant, it becomes an opportunity to pull away and set up shop...so to speak in hard to find or less traveled areas as to create "black market" opportunities again available only to those grouped, or who buy the assistants.

I'll stop there but the concerns are around a highly priced assistant where features are literally exclusive and not otherwise attainable.

Change the price and it creates more balanced and or change some of the features offered or lacking.
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on April 2, 2016 1:22AM
  • Thornen
    Thornen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Changing the price now that it has been released would be an admission of guilt on Zenimax's part and isn't going to happen. Zos hasn't even bothered to respond to this thread which show us that they do not care one bit about our opinions. Its full steam ahead for the hype train get your wallets out because nothings going to change. But don't worry they're looking into it and are aware of the problem..
    giphy.gif
  • MikeB
    MikeB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its official no one at ZOS knows what they're doing (imo). This is a joke.
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I really comprehend that the benefits of adding such features in the assistant are due to many feedback a threads since closed beta asking for companions that we could cast in order to access (selling, banking) items wherever the player is located. While your mindset I'm sure is also shared by others, I believe there are crowds who interprete the features as most valuable while being carried around. I'm suggesting the ultimate purpose and the obvious value of any assistant is accessibility where otherwise impossible. That alone creates a value in the assistant and offers features never before available. Also in hearing while playing, reading while playing on PTs and reading forum and third party site feedback from players seems to be a mindset shared with me of a vocal group who seems rather large across the game or just observers who don't even play.

The affects....mentioned in my other comments earlier and quoting James and daeming in prior comments explain how.

Players who grind for exp, mats, etc. were limited to mail or stopping and trading, and in cases traveling to merchants and banks in between runs. Now, players can literally grind non-stop so what occurs is a drastic impact to the market. Even if it's only one player who grinds any mat, gold, CP, exp or VR exp, or just hogs locations killing NPCs for minutes to hours on end impacts many others.

Imagine someone running tigers outside of Riften where they are right beside a merchant and bank having closer and immediate access all over Tamriel. Now understand that ZOS nerfs many grind spots because players began to group up and literally for hours...take over spots. These assistants now offer more of that behavior if someone pays the pice. Now being that it's only available via the crown store, the other players either have to buy one themselves or group with the few that have these assistants.

Another example is how today, ppl trade in town but now with a bank assistant, it becomes an opportunity to pull away and set up shop...so to speak in hard to find or less traveled areas as to create "black market" opportunities again available only to those grouped, or who buy the assistants.

I'll stop there but the concerns are around a highly priced assistant where features are literally exclusive and not otherwise attainable.

Change the price and it creates more balanced and or change some of the features offered or lacking.

@NewBlacksmurf :

Thank you for explaining more in details. Positive side of our "confrontation" is that it shows once again that we're all different and value totally different things and features. What is just a mean to an end to me is a key aspect for you, and also what you consider "huge impact" on the general feel of the game seems minor to me. I don't grind, so I'm not very concerned by the "fights" for grinding spots... Admittedly I hadn't thought of people "renting" their assistants out in the wild, but yes it could happen, and yes that would mean being able to make ingame gold with a purely crown store feature. Not sure it would be that much of a success/issue, but only time will tell.
    So while I stick to my vision of things, I understand yours better.
    I still have to disagree with your last sentence... if your major concern is that it's only available through crown store, the demand should be to make them available somehow in the game too, not to change the price or the features ... ?

• Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me those assistants would be maybe worth the price if they had an option to be a mobile guild store, deployable in some special places inside cities, with some action time and cooldown. Such mobile version for crowns could be, for richer guild officers and commanders, an interesting alternative for hired stationary stores for gold, especially if they could not win the best places in best cities :).
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@NewBlacksmurf :

Thank you for explaining more in details. Positive side of our "confrontation" is that it shows once again that we're all different and value totally different things and features. What is just a mean to an end to me is a key aspect for you, and also what you consider "huge impact" on the general feel of the game seems minor to me. I don't grind, so I'm not very concerned by the "fights" for grinding spots... Admittedly I hadn't thought of people "renting" their assistants out in the wild, but yes it could happen, and yes that would mean being able to make ingame gold with a purely crown store feature. Not sure it would be that much of a success/issue, but only time will tell.
    So while I stick to my vision of things, I understand yours better.
    I still have to disagree with your last sentence... if your major concern is that it's only available through crown store, the demand should be to make them available somehow in the game too, not to change the price or the features ... ?

I do think the price is way too high but my comments aren't to be taken as demands to ZOS to make it cheaper. I hoped my comments are suggesting to ZOS that any non DLC crown items over 1800 -2500 are too steep in my opinion.
    I also would like to see some assistants added via non-crowns for whatever that may entail

Cool....yep we see it differently but it is always good to share as I also see how you view things and that's good for us all
  • NTclaymore
    NTclaymore
    ✭✭✭✭
    It does need a fix. They need to be fully functional to be worth any crowns at all.
    He spoke, the son of Padomay, and nodded his head with the dark brows
    and the imortally anointed hair of the great god
    swept from his divine head, and all Mundus was shaken.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »
    So basically your saying its too expensive, and only to buy crowns when they're on sale which brings us back to the point that it is overpriced. Regardless of sales/eso+ you got your mom's credit card its set at $40, arguing that it is priced fairly because of this gets none of us anywhere and just reinforces Zos's pricing policy as it is.

Overpriced only for those who DIDN'T buy Crowns while they were on sale... and that's ZOS' point. They just had a Crown sale a couple of weeks ago, they know how many people bought Crowns during sales. If ZOS never had a single Crown sale, they would likely have sold the Assistants at 2500 Crown... but because of the Crown sale, they would be losing money now because people that bought Crowns on sale would be basically paying 1250 Crown for them. Instead, those who bought Crowns on sale are paying 2500 for them now. ZOS also knows that when the next Crown sale rolls around, many of those who have been complaining about the prices will buy Crowns at that time and purchase the Assistants then. This is WHY I stock up on Crowns when there is a sale, because I know that ZOS will release items that are overpriced for normal Crown prices.

So essentially you are paying them to HOPE you can get a product that's worth it? I know I give money over at the time of purchase.... after I know the product is worth it. Id never buy "pizza bucks" and hope next week they have a pizza I want.

Actually no, it isn't about "hoping" it is because I KNOW there will always be something that comes along in the Crown Store that I'll want... whether it be a costume, mount, motif, etc. Plus, I also consider it helping to fund the game I enjoy playing for hours upon hours every week. Does ZOS and ESO have some issues, yes, but are they 'game breaking' or overall 'problematic' for the content I play, NO... thus I don't mind contributing to ensure the continuation of the game.
    CP: 1930 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • NTclaymore
    NTclaymore
    ✭✭✭✭
    We just gonna let this ripoff die out? without ZOS even saying if they gonna change anything about the merchant/banker or not?
    He spoke, the son of Padomay, and nodded his head with the dark brows
    and the imortally anointed hair of the great god
    swept from his divine head, and all Mundus was shaken.
  • CherryCake
    CherryCake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone know how I can unsubscribe from the thread? :( I dont have time to read it all anymore...
    I like sweetrolls and I cannot lie
  • bountyspiter
    bountyspiter
    ✭✭✭
    the greed is real...you cant escape it. i'mtrying to think of ways to describe these new assistants without offending anyone but i fail to find any. because this is the most insulting, stupid and disgraceful attempt from any existing company in the gaming market to make money. zenimax sucks ass.
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the greed is real...you cant escape it.

Of course you can. Don't buy them. Problem solved.

• Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the greed is real...you cant escape it. i'mtrying to think of ways to describe these new assistants without offending anyone but i fail to find any. because this is the most insulting, stupid and disgraceful attempt from any existing company in the gaming market to make money. zenimax sucks ass.

Started with annoucement, then they made an offer, and you can buy it, but you are not forced.
    Eventually the offer becomes an issue to discuss on forums and after few weeks price will go down.
    I'm sure it will happen, especially considering the amount of hate recently, and that actual offer isn't worth the price.
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • Thornen
    Thornen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gargath wrote: »

Started with annoucement, then they made an offer, and you can buy it, but you are not forced.
    Eventually the offer becomes an issue to discuss on forums and after few weeks price will go down.
    I'm sure it will happen, especially considering the amount of hate recently, and that actual offer isn't worth the price.

When has the price gone down in the history of this game? Sure it might go on sale but lowering the base price now is as big as coming out and saying sorry guys guess we were wrong, which will never happen. Zos will ignore this thread until it devolves into bashing and then they can lock it and pretend it never happened. Fact is it's overpriced, only half functional, has a poor description in the crown store so people buying it won't actually know it doesn't repair/have guild bank access till after the purchase and we can expect more and more of these kind of priced items in the future because enough people will buy it anyway.

I for one am now speaking with my firmly closed wallet and I urge you to do the same until we see some real fixes to this game and reasonably priced items in the store.
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem I have with this isn't that it is "too convenient" or treads the slippery slope towards pay to win. It isn't, and it doesn't. The problem I have, is that this sets a terrible precedent when it comes to pricing of Crown items in general.

If the ZOS marketing bean counters honestly believe they are maximizing profit selling mount skins and half-functional NPC's for more than the price of an entire DLC or even the game itself, then what does this set up when it comes to things most people actually DO care about like race change or re-customization?

How about an auto-loot pet that stores items for 10k Crowns?

Race change? Re-customization? 15k plus.

This is why I wish they would have just stuck with the subscription model. They could have hired more reliable development and testing resources, and focused on creating quality and content for a reasonable price.

Like WoW. Love it or hate it, they are able to offer advanced account features for $10 to $25, not $30 to $50+.

Edited by Phinix1 on April 2, 2016 8:47PM
  • Thornen
    Thornen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Phinix1 wrote: »

Like WoW. Love it or hate it, they are able to offer advanced account features for $10 to $25, not $30 to $50+.

A subscription model doesn't mean better pricing though. I've played plenty of f2p games with better stores than ESO. The fact that WoW uses microtransactions on top of a sub just shows how gullible people can be.

• Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

A subscription model doesn't mean better pricing though. I've played plenty of f2p games with better stores than ESO. The fact that WoW uses microtransactions on top of a sub just shows how gullible people can be.

But at the same time, in the ~7 years I played WoW off and on, I never had a black screen, a crash to desktop, an exploit that went for months, critical bugs that made it to live, or a sense that the devs weren't all over every little thing as soon as it was discovered.

That is the sort of quality control that comes from a reliable business model paying salaries and that is what has been missing since ZOS went the feast and famine B2P route.

I still love the game. I just hate to see good people and good product forced to cut corners and kowtow to the milk tactics of FoTM business school dogma.
  • Thornen
    Thornen
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But at the same time, in the ~7 years I played WoW off and on, I never had a black screen, a crash to desktop, an exploit that went for months, critical bugs that made it to live, or a sense that the devs weren't all over every little thing as soon as it was discovered.

That is the sort of quality control that comes from a reliable business model paying salaries and that is what has been missing since ZOS went the feast and famine B2P route.

I still love the game. I just hate to see good people and good product forced to cut corners and kowtow to the milk tactics of FoTM business school dogma.

Yep and at the same time GW2 was b2p had fast bug squashing, live patches with no downtime and like less than 24hr turnover time when it came to fixing an exploit.
  • Max2497
    Max2497
    ✭✭✭
    I purchased them today without having read in the forums. I learned the hard way that the merchant doesn't actually repair anything. It was a complete waste of crowns, and it needs to be stated specifically in the description. Omitting that fact is being very sneaky, when the description clearly warns that it cannot be used in Cyrodil.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Max2497 wrote: »
    I purchased them today without having read in the forums. I learned the hard way that the merchant doesn't actually repair anything. It was a complete waste of crowns, and it needs to be stated specifically in the description. Omitting that fact is being very sneaky, when the description clearly warns that it cannot be used in Cyrodil.

ouch...dang, I wish you had thought to read this first :neutral:
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry but the game bugs and stuff were here prior to any sub requirement removal. I literally quit after the PC lighting update cause I could not play longer than 5 mins without crashing on a gaming republic laptop. Whats sad is some of those bugs still exist....its not B2P model or lack of funding but leadership opportunities and possibly lack of adequate talent and experience.

The crown store seems to be what some think will help ZOS but the game started pretty strong with over 600k subs in the first 30 days. I'm sure they grew from there.....so saying 5k crown items help them fund resources if very far from cause and effect. It just comes off as greed for someone like me whose been around a while.
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Way too high price. Way too little utility.
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • Garldeen
    Garldeen
    ✭✭✭✭
    Max2497 wrote: »

Drop support a ticket. They have been refunding some people who purchased with the same belief as you only to discover the reality was very different.

Interesting to note that they still have not updated the store description to reflect the limitations of this product. Regardless whether people think they are worth 5k or not (depends upon the individual making that decision), at least be honest with people over what they are buying