The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

5000 Crowns for the upcoming assistants. Worth it ? ^^

• anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Correction...the assistants do things outside of towns that otherwise is not accessible.
    Its not comparable to suggest go to town if you don't want these...given the TG quest assistant

All other convenience items are comparable in exact use of in-game opportunities outside of crown stores.

You should point out that XP scrolls are not comparable to psijic ambrosia because they don't need to be crafted and you don't need perfect roe.
    If the Crown Store items are much more convenient than ingame items, you cry P2W.
    If the Crown Store items are not much better than ingame items, you cry ripp-off
    When you're out of reasons to cry, you whine that the very exact same item is not in the game.
    Here, have some tissues.

• OrangeTheCat
    OrangeTheCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still have my original 1600 Crowns that I got for having been an original subscriber and beta participant (gee, thanks ZOS; so generous). So yeah, I will never, ever buy Crowns let alone spending them thereby supporting the in-game store model. LOL, so no.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Correction...the assistants do things outside of towns that otherwise is not accessible.
    Its not comparable to suggest go to town if you don't want these...given the TG quest assistant

All other convenience items are comparable in exact use of in-game opportunities outside of crown stores.

You should point out that XP scrolls are not comparable to psijic ambrosia because they don't need to be crafted and you don't need perfect roe.
    If the Crown Store items are much more convenient than ingame items, you cry P2W.
    If the Crown Store items are not much better than ingame items, you cry ripp-off
    When you're out of reasons to cry, you whine that the very exact same item is not in the game.
    Here, have some tissues.

I feel you are *throwing out* the points and facts out in attempt to create arguments or to troll the thread on opinions that you have on the topic ....

The discussion is specific to crown items that are suppose to offer convenience and are available to comparable in-game items. To you comments...exp scrolls are comparable to exp potions just as crown motifs are comparable to motifs but....

The only difference is one is a scroll while the other is a potion but they are literally one in the same.
    This isn't a cry thread but it is an attempt to specifically identify that an assistant isn't a convenience item if its not available in any other means and the price in crowns is taking advantage of this particularly....just like previous mounts.

NOW....other comments by other users do point out that the crown items began to differ from actual in-game items little by little until we have what we see now, items that are only available within the crown store by type and features.
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on April 1, 2016 7:35PM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Here, have some tissues.

I feel you are pulling the points and facts out in attempt to create arguments or to troll the thread on opinions that you have on the topic ....

The discussion is specific to crown items that are suppose to offer convenience and are available to comparable in-game items. To you comments...exp scrolls are comparable to exp potions just as crown motifs are comparable to motifs but....

The only difference is one is a scroll while the other is a potion but they are literally one in the same.
    This isn't a cry thread but it is an attempt to specifically identify that an assistant isn't a convenience item if its not available in any other means and the price in crowns is taking advantage of this particularly....just like previous mounts.

NOW....other comments by other users do point out that the crown items began to differ from actual in-game items little by little until we have what we see now, items that are only available within the crown store by type and features.

I am demonstrating that your arguments are rationally and logically wrong, and emotionally driven by the will to bash and cry.

The difference between a XP scroll and an ambrosia drink (it's a drink, not a potion) is OF COURSE not only the form : the XP scroll you just buy, and the drink, you have to make it after gathering rare ingredients. You CANNOT SAY it is the same, but you CAN SAY it provides comparable boni - for different quantities of effort.

The assistants are EXACTLY the same : they provide similar facilities, except that in one case you summon them instantly, and in the other case you have to travel to town. Different effort, similar outcome.

I understand some people being frustrated for not having been clearly informed of missing features from assistants as compared to static bank/merchant NPCs. That's a real issue. But assistants not being available in the game ? That pure hairsplitting, just for the sake of complaining.

I'm not the one trying to create arguments here. You are.

• NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Here, have some tissues.

I feel you are pulling the points and facts out in attempt to create arguments or to troll the thread on opinions that you have on the topic ....

I am demonstrating that your arguments are rationally and logically wrong, and emotionally driven by the will to bash and cry.

The difference between a XP scroll and an ambrosia drink (it's a drink, not a potion) is OF COURSE not only the form : the XP scroll you just buy, and the drink, you have to make it after gathering rare ingredients. You CANNOT SAY it is the same, but you CAN SAY it provides comparable boni - for different quantities of effort.

The assistants are EXACTLY the same : they provide similar facilities, except that in one case you summon them instantly, and in the other case you have to travel to town. Different effort, similar outcome.

I understand some people being frustrated for not having been clearly informed of missing features from assistants as compared to static bank/merchant NPCs. That's a real issue. But assistants not being available in the game ? That pure hairsplitting, just for the sake of complaining.

I'm not the one trying to create arguments here. You are.

The assistant is not the same in any manner to what opportunities exist in-game for pets or quest rewards, even other in-game currencies. The exp scroll provides exp to the player which is exactly what the potion provides. The exp gain is available either in-game exclusively in one manner or via the convenience of crowns in another but the result is "exactly the same"...exp rate increase.

The assistant is a feature where each player has features typically only available from NPCs within specific towns or strategic locations. Player bank access and the ability to manage inventory, sale, etc. is not accessible otherwise outside of towns, unless you happen to see a merchant traveling or on occasions, small towns with a banker

The crown store purchase of either assistant offers players in-game features, that are not available otherwise...period
    As later other forum member also demonstrate how the crown store...maybe due to space limitation suggest that you're buying a banker and a merchant but where in practice on PTS, some are aware that these assistants do not offer all services and so that also becomes a concern of the assistants.

Also, again I will ask that we discuss and that you refrain from name calling or suggesting that my comments are what you refer to a"crying". Its fine that you disagree with my comments, and that we can discuss.
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on April 1, 2016 8:01PM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Garldeen
    Garldeen
    ✭✭✭✭
    After reading how scammed the people feel on the crown store thread, I kind of wish there was an ESO live this eve so see them explain in person how they can justify taking nearly $100 off some of these people for things which do little to nothing to justify the price.

The ironic thing being that the amount of bad pr this is getting them could well end up costing them more money in future lost revenue than they will make from the sales.

I've not purchased either and had no desire to, even if they had all the functions, they still i'm not happy with how they have treated people. For some people, $40 is a lot of money to waste on nothing. We are not all in a position where we can laugh that amount off or put it down to should have known better
    Edited by Garldeen on April 1, 2016 8:00PM
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Plus users should get perks like crafting bags. Right now what is the incentive to pay for plus other than generosity on your part? Other games give you huge perks for being a subscriber. Thats how they keep subscribers.
  • Laggus
    Laggus
    ✭✭✭✭
    CU is accepting Crowns now limited time offer!
  • Krist
    Krist
    ✭✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    I don't know why people defend them.

Because a business model where necessary stuff (DLC) is cheap and unnecessary stuff (assitants, mounts, pets, costumes) is expensive is GOOD FOR ME, and good for all of us.

You hit nail on head that others cannot seem to grasp. That is why I emphasize luxury item. Unnecessary items. Most people do not understand how a market works, and would rather criticize those of us that do. Good to see somebody else actually gets it! AND...you said it far better than I have.

"Krist the Lionheart? No. Lionheart was my dog" -Krist
    "Darling, if looks were everything, I would be king of the world" -Luke
    "That place, between day and night, that purple color just before dark, that is where you will find me"- Hughe
  • N0TPLAYER2
    N0TPLAYER2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guess what? You can enter a campaign from anywhere, guess what there is a wayshrine right there, guess what? this means free teleport to anywhere from anywhere....

Or you can simply pay 146 gold to travel anywhere at anytime except in cyrodiil. Or free trough the social menu.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    N0TPLAYER2 wrote: »
    Or you can simply pay 146 gold to travel anywhere at anytime except in cyrodiil. Or free trough the social menu.

That's all great and dandy IF you are traveling from a location that is near a wayshrine... but many grinding spots are out away from wayshrines and require several minutes of travel. So while you may be able to wayshrine for a cost to get to town from a remote location, the ability to return to your previous location may not be so easy. Perhaps other people are OK with wasting 10, 15, 20 minutes traveling back and forth if they do a lot of grinding (particularly for people with alts and don't want to quest constantly), but to me all that travel time adds up to too much... I'd rather be able to remain at the grinding location for longer and spend less of my available gaming time traveling to/from town to deposit or sell loot. At least with the assistants, you can fill both your bank and inventory before having to head to town to sell at Guild Trader or decon. Regardless of missing some functionality, the assistants are still a convenience for people that do a lot of grinding.
    Edited by ADarklore on April 1, 2016 9:52PM
    CP: 1950 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Sorcerer ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Thornen
    Thornen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we stick to the topic here the argument is that these assistants are not worth the price that Zos has set them at. You can compare them to any item you want or cry its a free market when you clearly do not understand economics till the cows come home, still doesn't change the fact that they are overpriced, the majority of the community feels this way and overall it hurts the reputation and probably the sales of the company.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »

That's all great and dandy IF you are traveling from a location that is near a wayshrine... but many grinding spots are out away from wayshrines and require several minutes of travel. So while you may be able to wayshrine for a cost to get to town from a remote location, the ability to return to your previous location may not be so easy. Perhaps other people are OK with wasting 10, 15, 20 minutes traveling back and forth if they do a lot of grinding (particularly for people with alts and don't want to quest constantly), but to me all that travel time adds up to too much... I'd rather be able to remain at the grinding location for longer and spend less of my available gaming time traveling to/from town to deposit or sell loot. At least with the assistants, you can fill both your bank and inventory before having to head to town to sell at Guild Trader or decon. Regardless of missing some functionality, the assistants are still a convenience for people that do a lot of grinding.
    You know that even if you're nowhere near a wayshrine you can open up your friends list or guild roster and port for free to anyone who's online on a character of the same alliance and in a zone you can reach (so no vet zones if you're not vet rank, no solo or group instances, no PVP zones). Even if you don't find someone who happens to be where you want to go, you'll port to the nearest wayshrine to them, and you can then wayshrine anywhere. All for free.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • reguvin
    reguvin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Where is the Guild banker assistant?
    - Beta Tester
    - PC (2014-2015)
    - Playstation 4 (Since 2015)

- Known for Trading & Guilds
  • reguvin
    reguvin
    ✭✭✭✭
    The DLC is 3000 Crowns

and a Assisant 5000?

That doesnt make any common sense
    - Beta Tester
    - PC (2014-2015)
    - Playstation 4 (Since 2015)

- Known for Trading & Guilds
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thornen wrote: »
    Can we stick to the topic here the argument is that these assistants are not worth the price that Zos has set them at. You can compare them to any item you want or cry its a free market when you clearly do not understand economics till the cows come home, still doesn't change the fact that they are overpriced, the majority of the community feels this way and overall it hurts the reputation and probably the sales of the company.

All opinion and conjecture. We really dont speak for anyone but ourselves. They are selling it seems quite well. Ive seen a lot of them in the game. People like to place them in banks make you click a few different ones till you find the actual banker. I mean what might be too expensive for you might not be for someone else. Personally I dont need it to be any more convenient so I wouldnt use em even if free. Thats just my opinion tho.

The market will dictate the price. If its too high the price will come down. If sales meet projections the price will remain the same.
    Edited by jamesharv2005ub17_ESO on April 1, 2016 10:06PM
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »

You know that even if you're nowhere near a wayshrine you can open up your friends list or guild roster and port for free to anyone who's online on a character of the same alliance and in a zone you can reach (so no vet zones if you're not vet rank, no solo or group instances, no PVP zones). Even if you don't find someone who happens to be where you want to go, you'll port to the nearest wayshrine to them, and you can then wayshrine anywhere. All for free.

You clearly did not read where I mentioned this and then mentioned how the RETURN trip to your grinding location is not always so easy and can involve a lot of travel time especially if you are grinding for hours and have to constantly return to town because your inventory is full.
    CP: 1950 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Sorcerer ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Thornen
    Thornen
    ✭✭✭✭✭

All opinion and conjecture. We really dont speak for anyone but ourselves. They are selling it seems quite well. Ive seen a lot of them in the game. People like to place them in banks make you click a few different ones till you find the actual banker. I mean what might be too expensive for you might not be for someone else. Personally I dont need it to be any more convenient so I wouldnt use em even if free. Thats just my opinion tho.

The market will dictate the price. If its too high the price will come down. If sales meet projections the price will remain the same.

I don't know anyone that has actually bought it personally, and selling well is also conjecture on your part. And the price will not go down, it may go on sale at a later date but have you seen any crown store item price drop ever?
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know anyone that has actually bought it personally, and selling well is also conjecture on your part. And the price will not go down, it may go on sale at a later date but have you seen any crown store item price drop ever?

No, BUT... we have seen SALES on Crowns... which then equate to everything in the Crown Store going on sale. People are just mad because they don't think ahead when the Crowns go on sale, so they either buy too few or don't buy any, and then complain about the prices of items added later.
  • Thornen
    Thornen
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No, BUT... we have seen SALES on Crowns... which then equate to everything in the Crown Store going on sale. People are just mad because they don't think ahead when the Crowns go on sale, so they either buy too few or don't buy any, and then complain about the prices of items added later.

So basically your saying its too expensive, and only to buy crowns when they're on sale which brings us back to the point that it is overpriced. Regardless of sales/eso+ you got your mom's credit card its set at $40, arguing that it is priced fairly because of this gets none of us anywhere and just reinforces Zos's pricing policy as it is.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never seen such high prices in a game b4, at least with no in game way of earning currency.

Btw the campaign thing is if u wanna avoid payin any gold or if you just did the insta teleport and don't wanna wait for the price to go down.

It's also the best way to tele outta Cyrodiil (not IC as guild mate is best way outta there)
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So basically your saying its too expensive, and only to buy crowns when they're on sale which brings us back to the point that it is overpriced. Regardless of sales/eso+ you got your mom's credit card its set at $40, arguing that it is priced fairly because of this gets none of us anywhere and just reinforces Zos's pricing policy as it is.

Overpriced only for those who DIDN'T buy Crowns while they were on sale... and that's ZOS' point. They just had a Crown sale a couple of weeks ago, they know how many people bought Crowns during sales. If ZOS never had a single Crown sale, they would likely have sold the Assistants at 2500 Crown... but because of the Crown sale, they would be losing money now because people that bought Crowns on sale would be basically paying 1250 Crown for them. Instead, those who bought Crowns on sale are paying 2500 for them now. ZOS also knows that when the next Crown sale rolls around, many of those who have been complaining about the prices will buy Crowns at that time and purchase the Assistants then. This is WHY I stock up on Crowns when there is a sale, because I know that ZOS will release items that are overpriced for normal Crown prices.
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Yes I have seen plenty of sales not just on crown store items but on crowns themselves. Remember too I also said it "seems" they are selling well as I see alot of them in the game. That qualifies my statement as my opinion. I didnt state it as fact.
    Edited by jamesharv2005ub17_ESO on April 1, 2016 10:27PM
  • Thornen
    Thornen
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Overpriced only for those who DIDN'T buy Crowns while they were on sale... and that's ZOS' point. They just had a Crown sale a couple of weeks ago, they know how many people bought Crowns during sales. If ZOS never had a single Crown sale, they would likely have sold the Assistants at 2500 Crown... but because of the Crown sale, they would be losing money now because people that bought Crowns on sale would be basically paying 1250 Crown for them. Instead, those who bought Crowns on sale are paying 2500 for them now. ZOS also knows that when the next Crown sale rolls around, many of those who have been complaining about the prices will buy Crowns at that time and purchase the Assistants then. This is WHY I stock up on Crowns when there is a sale, because I know that ZOS will release items that are overpriced for normal Crown prices.

If zos is basing prices based on their crown store sales then that is even worse. All your doing is reinforcing my point that it is overpriced, you seem to have decided that anyone not buying crowns on sale is the issue wich it is not.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »

You clearly did not read where I mentioned this and then mentioned how the RETURN trip to your grinding location is not always so easy and can involve a lot of travel time especially if you are grinding for hours and have to constantly return to town because your inventory is full.
    You're right - I somehow missed that you were just talking about the return trip, and not the entire round trip.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So essentially you are paying them to HOPE you can get a product that's worth it? I know I give money over at the time of purchase.... after I know the product is worth it. Id never buy "pizza bucks" and hope next week they have a pizza I want.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Ichnaea
    Ichnaea
    ✭✭✭✭
    I honestly think ZOS doesn't care that so many people think that it's expensive. They know there will always be people that have more money than sense. I believe this trend in gouging will only continue.

They have already said, in so many words, that new players are more important than the hardcore. My personal opinion is they've started to realize their player-base is already taking a hit, and their bottom line is suffering. I've been playing heavily since Beta, and I've never seen the amount of PR BS than I have in the past month or so. Yes, I understand that every company needs to advertise, but it honestly feels different...almost desperate.

The ship is sinking, so let the cash grab begin! These are just my opinions and not fact.
    AD
    Mishi - V16 Wood Elf Nightblade
    Zach Vane - V16 Imperial Nightblade
    Clara Bonny - V16 Breton Templar
    Sherman Bradley - V16 Imperial Templar
    One Knight Standard - V16 Imperial Dragonknight
    Unemployed Merlin - V16 High Elf Sorcerer
    Ice Hinged Mice Elf - V16 Dunmer Dragonknight
  • Xelrick
    Xelrick
    ✭✭✭
    I have seen worse in a P2W game, that was call Soul Calibur Lost Swords, you were spending about $90 to unlock a character and spending money on hoping you get the item you want, which was out of your control...

Only real useful one in my opinion is the merchant, as if you need space you can sell to them, then buy back, what you wanted. Like they will make you money and act as temporary storage... till you get to the bank...

However for me I would pass on this for now... and wait for a torch holder or a goblin. o.o
    Xelrick: "Do not mix chaos with madness. It will only lead to unexplored adventures."
  • Serenityx
    Serenityx
    ✭✭✭
    I can Maybe see 4-4.5k crowns for the banker...as that will be most useful in many situations...but.. 5k is still way too much EACH...
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I purchased the banker, which accesses the player's personal bank (and anyone in your group may also use him to access their personal bank). I find it quite handy. There are many times where I get involved in something, questing/farming/dungeons etc and suddenly find my bag is full, but when I go in to see what I should destroy to pick up the thing on the body at my feet I am often left with "I don't want to destroy any of these things". Now, I can just toss stuff in the bank:) Like that ONE flower I picked up heading to a quest objective or some recipe i intend to sell on a guild store. It will be even better if the crafting storage thing happens because then my bank will be a lot roomier than it is now.

The merchant was disappointing, I did buy her right away not realizing that she wouldn't repair (like every other merchant in the game) so I requested a refund and it was granted.

For all those saying the price is too high, yes it is high, but I had over 11k crowns from sub just sitting there waiting for new novelty items for me to buy. (I've bought all the guar mounts, lizard/reptile/guar-ish pets and the ashlander costume for my Dunmer toon, but that is really all that has appealed to me until these assistants launched - and yes I saw the new Pale Guar that is coming and will totally be purchasing him!)

While I find it unlikely they will add a "Repair" assistant, I would be tempted to purchase that as well. I do get kits from writs and stuff but it always sucks to be in dungeon/raid and wiping on learning something then people's gear is getting broken...woosh you could just conjure up thre magical repair npc and problem solved, no trading repair kits around and using 7 per person and it would be fast! But they would lose their potential profit on the Crown Repair kits...so we probably won't see an assistant who can repair anytime soon...

Overall, I love the idea of Assistants (someone said it reminded them of Jeeves in WoW, that little guy always made me wish my characters were engineers!). Maybe 5000 crowns is high but you are paying for convenience and you will have that convenience for as long as you play the game.