Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Replace "Inspiration" Crafting Writ Reward for Zone 6

• Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SpAEkus wrote: »
    Enodoc
    I imagine that the same is true for most people submitting writs in Craglorn.

The OP started in Craglorn not Orsinium and stated Craft level 50 and didn't mention any passives level, which is why I commented. The change should be applied to all Characters that are L50 in a craft irregardless of what writ they are on.

As long as all factors are taken into account, sure give something that is actually usable at L50 craft level.

Just make sure Craft Level is the only thing that is checked and don't bring in Writ Location or Material Level Passives into the check. That ensures that any player can modify their passives to return any level of rewards but still get something usable for L50+ Inspiration.
    Hmm, guess I didn't read it closely enough. I assumed that the point was they were crafting top tier writs (as I said in my first post, I would agree that if you're doing top tier writs (where Crafting must be at 50 to unlock that tier) that Inspiration is completely pointless - the fact that you are even doing that writ proves that you've maxed the craft, so the Inspiration is worthless.) I see what you mean about a crafting level check, but that would be much harder to implement. You have to be maxed in the craft to do top tier writs, so the easiest thing is to change the reward for Writ X so that it doesn't give Inspiration. Changing all rewards for all Writs I-X by looking at crafting level may not be possible.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Changing all rewards for all Writs I-X by looking at crafting level may not be possible.

Hmmm again,

Why can't it be one piece of code across the top? Any Inspiration reward after L50 auto-checks for giving something other than unusable Inspiration. Do any other non-crafting activities give Inspiration (IP) vs Experience (XP)?

Working against the character stat vs the activity? You may know more of the back-end mechanics than I as an Ambassador.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SpAEkus wrote: »
    Changing all rewards for all Writs I-X by looking at crafting level may not be possible.
    Hmmm again,

Why can't it be one piece of code across the top? Any Inspiration reward after L50 auto-checks for giving something other than unusable Inspiration. Do any other non-crafting activities give Inspiration (IP) vs Experience (XP)?

Working against the character stat vs the activity? You may know more of the back-end mechanics than I as an Ambassador.
    Nah, as an ambassador I know nothing; we have no insight into the dev process or anything like that :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Just some things I can guess at based on what I know of coding from other sources. As far as I am aware, Inspiration only comes from crafting activities or writs. Regarding a modifier code, I think it would be relatively easy to remove the Inspiration reward based on crafting level (the amount of XP and gold you get can be changed based on whether you're an ESO Plus member, so modifying a value should be easy), but I think it would be harder to add in an extra reward as that's something new rather than something different. However, I don't know how the code for containers works; I don't know whether their contents are randomly generated when the container is created, or when the container is first opened. Depending on that, then there could potentially be a check done there of crating level that affects the loot table.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Writs give more than just Crafting Inspiration. They also give regular Experience as well in the amount displayed!

Pfffttt :) Big woopdedoo. I can get more experience nuking a zombie than you get from the crafting writs :)

• MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On my phone so no long reply.

But, I absolutely agree. No one needs inspiration from max tier crafting writs.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • FilteredRiddle
    FilteredRiddle
    ✭✭✭✭
    To be clear, I want people with level 50 crafting skills to not get inspiration from their writs. The simplest way to run that check, is to simply apply it to top level writs.

With level 50 in a crafting skill, the inspiration is totally and utterly worthless. I just want something, anything, actually worthwhile. If people would prefer it be done separate of passives (i.e. based on a hard line level 50 skill rather than top level writs) that's fine.
    Edited by FilteredRiddle on December 28, 2015 12:02AM
    Xbox One NA
    The Sentinels of Padomay
    Obsidian Guard (Social with PvX Events)

Gamers always believe that an epic win is possible and that it's always worth trying, and trying now. Gamers don't sit around.
    - Jane McGonigal
  • FilteredRiddle
    FilteredRiddle
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm bumping this because, well, this is still an awful reward.
    Xbox One NA
    The Sentinels of Padomay

Gamers always believe that an epic win is possible and that it's always worth trying, and trying now. Gamers don't sit around.
    - Jane McGonigal
  • Mike0987
    Mike0987
    ✭✭✭
    At a certain level they should also add a Pile of Corpses onto the clothier survey or eliminate the need rubedo leather on a writ. Ridiculous drop rate and all... seems all I do all evening is farm it to do a writ.
  • FilteredRiddle
    FilteredRiddle
    ✭✭✭✭
    I always said that a hunter's pile or backpack full of skins would be neat. A pile of corpses is a tad bit more morose, but it conveys the same benefit. Even with Rubedo being more common with 2.3 (due to beasts dropping purely Rubedo at the top level) I agree it'd still be nice. That said, I'd prefer to see the Inspiration replaced before they make other changes.
    Xbox One NA
    The Sentinels of Padomay

- Jane McGonigal