Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[IMPORTANT!!!]15 pvp sets will be removed in TG dlc?

• sadownik
    sadownik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @bowmanz607 i wonder if you will say the same when cp 180 and cp 200 gear comes out and you still can just buy cp 140 gear in vendors?
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bashev wrote: »
    bowmanz607 wrote: »
    You know I don't fully understand people's problem with using v14 gear in pvp. Yes, they should update them. But there 8s no need to min/max in pvp. Gold v14 gear is perfectly viable in pvp. You don't lose a ton of stats or anything. It's not game changing to not min/max. Hell I still run around with v14 gold gear on some builds. Works fine. Some my gear is v15. Some is v16. How often do you die and say "o man I wish I had 500 more stamina or 200 more weapon damage. It is not a significant difference unless you min/max, which is not necessary for pvp to be viable. You just outplay and outsmart your opponent.

Imo.

This would be true if the meta wasn't burst and disappear.

ya but lets take hundings for instance. I have a 3pc hundings gold and a 2pc purple to get the 5pc. it is a v14 set. I get 293 damage from the 5pc. A gold 5 pc v16 gives 300 damage. Im sorry but a 7 weapon damage difference is not enough burst to kill squat. Again, min/max is not going to give you enough of an extra burst to really make a difference. It is about timing your burst properly, not making sure that you min/max that burst. ofcourse i am not saying that everyone should run around with v1 gear b/c it doesnt matter. I am simply saying that the minimal difference between v14 gear and v16 gear is not ehough, imo, to put you over the top in beating another player. For instance, with this next patch, i will run morug for the extra poison damage. combined with champ tree i would get about
    sadownik wrote: »
    @bowmanz607 i wonder if you will say the same when cp 180 and cp 200 gear comes out and you still can just buy cp 140 gear in vendors?

yes i will. The new setup merely allows access to sets you didnt have access to before you reached those points. It has nothing to do with the power of the gear.
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Docmandu of course they are vr 14 it has been stated many times that for this dlc no vendor upgrade. Furthermore it doesnt sound like it will come with the next one either. Its one of those "no eta" things, you know.

I might have misunderstood, but I read Gina's answer as meaning that the current rewards of the worth gear would move to the AP vendors (ie. stuff like Arch Mage, Sentry, ..) and the new sets would be put in the cycle... didn't think it was about the very old AP gear items.
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know I don't fully understand people's problem with using v14 gear in pvp. Yes, they should update them. But there 8s no need to min/max in pvp. Gold v14 gear is perfectly viable in pvp. You don't lose a ton of stats or anything. It's not game changing to not min/max. Hell I still run around with v14 gold gear on some builds. Works fine. Some my gear is v15. Some is v16. How often do you die and say "o man I wish I had 500 more stamina or 200 more weapon damage. It is not a significant difference unless you min/max, which is not necessary for pvp to be viable. You just outplay and outsmart your opponent.

Imo.

Not everybody is a NB... although.. scratch that.. after yesterday's play session, I think everybody on EU IS one by now... I now know how a turd must feel about flies!
  • Ishammael
    Ishammael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Imo.

ya but lets take hundings for instance. I have a 3pc hundings gold and a 2pc purple to get the 5pc. it is a v14 set. I get 293 damage from the 5pc. A gold 5 pc v16 gives 300 damage. Im sorry but a 7 weapon damage difference is not enough burst to kill squat. Again, min/max is not going to give you enough of an extra burst to really make a difference. It is about timing your burst properly, not making sure that you min/max that burst. ofcourse i am not saying that everyone should run around with v1 gear b/c it doesnt matter. I am simply saying that the minimal difference between v14 gear and v16 gear is not ehough, imo, to put you over the top in beating another player. For instance, with this next patch, i will run morug for the extra poison damage. combined with champ tree i would get about

yes i will. The new setup merely allows access to sets you didnt have access to before you reached those points. It has nothing to do with the power of the gear.

The set bonuses aren't much different, its true. However, the stat glyphs are >25% higher for v16 gear (~650 vs ~850). Across 5 pieces of gear that ends up being quite a bit.
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Imo.

The gap between v14 and v16, especially in gold quality, is larger than that between for example v12 and v14. It is more than enough to choose the limited v16 set options over v14 ones, wich is exactly what was being criticized.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ishammael wrote: »

Imo.

The set bonuses aren't much different, its true. However, the stat glyphs are >25% higher for v16 gear (~650 vs ~850). Across 5 pieces of gear that ends up being quite a bit.

ya, but personally, i will not lose sleep over 1,000 stam. Again, in my experince, and in terms of pvp, that is not going to make or break a fight.
    ToRelax wrote: »

Imo.

The gap between v14 and v16, especially in gold quality, is larger than that between for example v12 and v14. It is more than enough to choose the limited v16 set options over v14 ones, wich is exactly what was being criticized.

again, i feel if oyur min/max sure. but interms of a fight in pvp, i find it to be minimal.

Keep in mind folks, I am not saying that v16 is not better. I am not saying they should not upgrade the gear. I am simply trying to say that there is some gear at v14, despite some stats you might lose, can be offset by the traits of the gear. Using morugs tong again, sure i may lose out on some stamina and maybe a little bit of mitigation, but the 5pc trait still allows me to be better in the area that i am trying to be better in. Sure this is not true for all gear. For instance, ravagers set. I dont think it is worth dropping your v16 set to get a v14. The amoutn of damage you gain from the 5pc ravager is almost about as much as you lose by switching to that gear. so you basically lose a set bonus for doing that.

yes, min/max builds not going to use. Pve, probably not going to use because many pve builds min/max. Some sets will not be useful, but that does not make all of them useless.

Just to be clear. ZOS does need to change this. They should be available at v16. it is nonesense that it isnt. However, not all of them are useless.

Again, i think the reason they are not doing it is because they are just going to be converting all of the sets soon when VR is gone, so i think they dont want to take the time to update the vendors when they will just turn around and have to do it again. imo.
  • silky_soft
    silky_soft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to confirm, below are the only sets that will be available from Rewards for the Worthy when the Thieves Guild update goes live:
    • Vicious Death
    • Transmutation
    • Marksman’s Crest
    • Leki’s Focus
    • Fasalla’s Guile
    • Warrior’s Fury
    For the item sets listed above, we will be increasing the drop rate so you are guaranteed to receive a piece from one of these item sets each time, rather than only having a small chance to receive a piece from a large pool of possibilities. You will still be able to obtain the previously-available item sets from the Alliance vendors, and we are currently evaluating plans to alter their wares in the future (both to change the exact sets they offer, and to bring their wares up to VR16).

Moving forward, we will regularly cycle out older item sets from Rewards of the Worthy so you are given a greater opportunity to acquire the newest item sets, and older item sets will be purchasable from the Alliance vendors.

So did you just confirm that vr won't be going away?
    Here $15, goat mount please. Not paying 45 : lol :
    Netch is free with a cleanse and free magika. You nerf siphon into the ground. Nice balance team.
    How do you go home every night and say, I did a great job at work today. You actually do your job properly.
    Step 1: roll templar. Step 2: level up jabs. Step 3: slap on weapon damage build. Step 4: que for bg. Step 5: leap...jabsjabsjabsjabs
  • NerfPlease
    NerfPlease
    ✭✭✭
    @Docmandu this items from my first post already avialable at the AP vendors but only vr14 versions
  • RDMyers65b14_ESO
    RDMyers65b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NerfPlease wrote: »
    @RDMyers65b14_ESO i was right

read the Green post on this page

You are not right.

Gina confirmed EXACTLY what I said. You either didn't read or understand my post. I told you repeatedly that the RotW mails would have the new season's sets. I also told you the vendor sets in IC would still be V16 as they have been since IC dropped. They won't be 'dropped' to V14 as you claimed.

Edited by RDMyers65b14_ESO on March 2, 2016 9:38PM
  • NerfPlease
    NerfPlease
    ✭✭✭
    @RDMyers65b14_ESO man can you read pelase? we not talking about IC vendros and about sets from this IC vendors

we talking about GATE VENDORS, with sets for AP

they selling vr14 sets maximum, and sets from first post will be dropped from vr16(from RotW) to vr14(pvp-vendors, not IC vendors)

you failed again and again
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are two issues that keep me from playing this game regularly. Above all other things.
    • The first is the unpurgable snare on every gap closer. Even with the PTS changes its still terrible.
    • The second is the sheer amount of UNNECESSARY CONTROL ZOS exerts over PvP gear choices. What gear we can have. Where we can get it from. What level we can get it in.

This behavior from ZOS KILLS build diversity and fun and makes everyone run the same FOTM builds. Anyone who thinks they do this because some gear combos would be OP, needs to revisit when ZOS released the champion system with a total of 3600 champion points. CP has a far greater impact on character strength then gear ever had.

I am sick to death of Eric Wrobels insistence on a "stack mitigation and burst" meta for PvP where everyone wears some combination of DPS sets with willpower/agility jewelry while spamming the hardest hitting skill. All the fun sets like vengeance leach, potentates, and other sustain or ultimate sets are out of the game. This game was so much more fun when the meta was resource management instead of burst.

I am sad to hear that even more of my favorite sets will be taken out of the rotation to promote "new sets and gear" I hope everyone loves prox det and vicious death. Everyone will be running it.

ZOS STOP RESTRICTING PVP GEAR.

nkcO61r.png
    lol this game has been going down a slippery slope for quite a while.
    What put the nail in the coffin for me is your first point. Don't think I'm going to be heading into PvP for awhile.

No matter how much negative feedback they get, they still do it. That's right there is the main reason the game is heading down a bad road. It's about time they do what other companies do and listen to the community
    #MOREORBS
  • Birdovic
    Birdovic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the idea of giving the new sets some better Drop Chance, but why normal updating previous sets already..

- Im Fine with v14 old sets purchaseable and v16 versions only from RotW
    - Im Fine with v16 old sets purchaseable but not from RotW anymore
    - Im Even Fine with the old sets not purchaseable but a bigger item Pool from RotW, including v16 old sets
    - But im not fine with These sets being ignored again and again, really...
    Edited by Birdovic on March 2, 2016 10:04PM
  • ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to confirm, below are the only sets that will be available from Rewards for the Worthy when the Thieves Guild update goes live:
    • Vicious Death
    • Transmutation
    • Marksman’s Crest
    • Leki’s Focus
    • Fasalla’s Guile
    • Warrior’s Fury
    For the item sets listed above, we will be increasing the drop rate so you are guaranteed to receive a piece from one of these item sets each time, rather than only having a small chance to receive a piece from a large pool of possibilities. You will still be able to obtain the previously-available item sets from the Alliance vendors, and we are currently evaluating plans to alter their wares in the future (both to change the exact sets they offer, and to bring their wares up to VR16).

Moving forward, we will regularly cycle out older item sets from Rewards of the Worthy so you are given a greater opportunity to acquire the newest item sets, and older item sets will be purchasable from the Alliance vendors.

So just to clarify, after TG goes live there will be no way to obtain V16 Arch-Mage, Elf Bane, Juggernaut, Affliction, Crusader, Sentry, Alessian order, Kyne Kiss, or Desert Rose sets (outside of buying ones currently in guild stores)? Sets already in the game will be removed from their only loot pool (until they might be added to AP Vendors sometime in the future)? Am I interpreting that correctly?

If so, that is a shame.

Gore-of-the-Forest Argonian Nightblade
    Wode Earthrender Breton Dragonknight
    Ceol the Last Baron Redguard Dragonknight
    Wayra High Elf Sorceress
    Erebain Salothran Dark Elf Templar
    Rituals-of-the-Forest Argonian Warden
  • silky_soft
    silky_soft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even put the old sets on the new vendor lady.
    Hell I'd take rng boxes like ic v16
    Netch is free with a cleanse and free magika. You nerf siphon into the ground. Nice balance team.
    How do you go home every night and say, I did a great job at work today. You actually do your job properly.
    Step 1: roll templar. Step 2: level up jabs. Step 3: slap on weapon damage build. Step 4: que for bg. Step 5: leap...jabsjabsjabsjabs
  • sadownik
    sadownik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Correct me if im wrong, but the variety of gear builds will get even slimmer in pvp. Oh well.
  • Zheg
    Zheg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Set pieces will drop guaranteed from every RotW? Are you insane? Wheeler and Wrobel, ww2.
  • NerfPlease
    NerfPlease
    ✭✭✭
    Zheg wrote: »
    Set pieces will drop guaranteed from every RotW? Are you insane? Wheeler and Wrobel, ww2.

yes, things like this
    still think its too OP?

4Wwi8a6.png
    Edited by NerfPlease on March 3, 2016 12:12AM
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭

yes, things like this
    still think its too OP?

4Wwi8a6.png

this. not to mention there are many posts out there that show how hard it is to get pieces. plus, think about having to find the exact pieces you need etc.
  • Zheg
    Zheg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

yes, things like this
    still think its too OP?

4Wwi8a6.png

Let's see, sets that will increase the number of bowtards in cyrodiil, sets that will make healing obsolete, sets that will allow players to grief allies, force the game to take a hard shift to a magicka meta and further force players into universal cookie cutter builds - being made frequent and easily available rather than taking weeks to farm? Yeah, I see that as problematic.

I had thought we'd be spared at least a few weeks from Wrobel's itemization incompetence, but I guess not.
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭

yes, things like this
    still think its too OP?

4Wwi8a6.png

Let's see, sets that will increase the number of bowtards in cyrodiil, sets that will make healing obsolete, sets that will allow players to grief allies, force the game to take a hard shift to a magicka meta and further force players into universal cookie cutter builds - being made frequent and easily available rather than taking weeks to farm? Yeah, I see that as problematic.

I had thought we'd be spared at least a few weeks from Wrobel's itemization incompetence, but I guess not.

i suggest you take a look at the posts that give the chances of actually getting set pieces on the pts forums.

additionally, i dont think it will take a hard magic turn. in fact this is the most balanced patch we have seen since 1.5 and even better than 1.5 for balance imo. What gives mag the edge is damage types. for instance ults and stam skills based off magic damage.

last, healing took a hit, but healing was too much. between smart heals, caps, etc. healing still outpaces dps. why? cause smart heals.
  • Zheg
    Zheg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

i suggest you take a look at the posts that give the chances of actually getting set pieces on the pts forums.

additionally, i dont think it will take a hard magic turn. in fact this is the most balanced patch we have seen since 1.5 and even better than 1.5 for balance imo. What gives mag the edge is damage types. for instance ults and stam skills based off magic damage.

last, healing took a hit, but healing was too much. between smart heals, caps, etc. healing still outpaces dps. why? cause smart heals.

From Gina: "we will be increasing the drop rate so you are guaranteed to receive a piece from one of these item sets each time"

I interpret that to mean that they will be dropping every single RotW mail on Live. The numbers you mention were done WITHOUT this change, and were done without consideration of the fact that the vendor will be selling random jewelry pieces for these sets as well. Just the vendor alone made those time estimations wholly inaccurate, but the mail change means people could be outfitted in a week tops.

As for the magicka meta comment, with Wrobel in his infinite wisdom of making prox det as strong as he did, stam builds are going to blow up. Most of the pvp guilds are going heavy into magicka, that is usually an indication even if you can't read the tea leaves from the patch notes.
    Edited by Zheg on March 3, 2016 12:37AM
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭

From Gina: "we will be increasing the drop rate so you are guaranteed to receive a piece from one of these item sets each time"

I interpret that to mean that they will be dropping every single RotW mail on Live. The numbers you mention were done WITHOUT this change, and were done without consideration of the fact that the vendor will be selling random jewelry pieces for these sets as well. Just the vendor alone made those time estimations wholly inaccurate, but the mail change means people could be outfitted in a week tops.

As for the magicka meta comment, with Wrobel in his infinite wisdom of making prox det as strong as he did, stam builds are going to blow up. Most of the pvp guilds are going heavy into magicka, that is usually an indication even if you can't read the tea leaves from the patch notes.

pts rotw only gave these items and that is what the numbers are based off. the vendor is also limited and carries random pcs.In fact, your claim is purley speculation.

also, you are speaking in terms of mag ruling in terms of killing zergs. ok. and people will start to spread out more with all the changes. This means that your precious bombs and vicious sets wont be as effective as you think. Also, steel tornado is still extremely useful for these groups. bombard is still going to be very usefull. perhaps more so in next patch. lets also not forget that not everyone is running around in ball groups and not wanting to fight that way and therefore there is no need to rely on those skills/sets.

last, no one really knows how these new sets are going to work in the game. if people start spreading out more, these sets wont mean that much. yes mag will be better, but not vastly better. This is all merely speculation at this point. it is impossible to test this effectively and we wont know how these changes will effect pvp until almost a month into release.
  • silky_soft
    silky_soft
    ✭✭✭✭✭

pts rotw only gave these items and that is what the numbers are based off. the vendor is also limited and carries random pcs.In fact, your claim is purley speculation.

also, you are speaking in terms of mag ruling in terms of killing zergs. ok. and people will start to spread out more with all the changes. This means that your precious bombs and vicious sets wont be as effective as you think. Also, steel tornado is still extremely useful for these groups. bombard is still going to be very usefull. perhaps more so in next patch. lets also not forget that not everyone is running around in ball groups and not wanting to fight that way and therefore there is no need to rely on those skills/sets.

last, no one really knows how these new sets are going to work in the game. if people start spreading out more, these sets wont mean that much. yes mag will be better, but not vastly better. This is all merely speculation at this point. it is impossible to test this effectively and we wont know how these changes will effect pvp until almost a month into release.

Zos already states this is a magika patch and next dlc will be stam. They have stealth nerfed penetration and everyone seems to be overlooking it. They also said heavy armor will buff next update. So that kinda rolls in why they have nerfed pen.

Pvp will now be magelight, bats, proxy and null. Then everyone waiting for the vd implosion.
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    silky_soft wrote: »

Zos already states this is a magika patch and next dlc will be stam. They have stealth nerfed penetration and everyone seems to be overlooking it. They also said heavy armor will buff next update. So that kinda rolls in why they have nerfed pen.

Pvp will now be magelight, bats, proxy and null. Then everyone waiting for the vd implosion.

That's cool. Then I will laugh as i slaughter people by the hand full as a stam build. I mean if it will in fact be that way, then everyone will also stick to putting points into reducing mag damage. Plus be in light. So, by all means flock to mag. My kills will just be easier. :)

I think many people just assume people will play like they are now with the changes. People adapt to changes thiugh. If all 9f this stuff is deadly, then people will spread. If you spread, then all of the above are useless and then what? This 8s even happening now. Groups that don't run in balls currently, simply separate as the ball pushes through and comes back together as they pass and picks off parts of the group. The group may be killing pugs as they run through and getting their ap, but they are not getting the groups that spread. The groups that currently spread are going to have the advantage in next patch. Not only are we used to it, but we now have more tools at our disposal to hit these groups where it hurts rather than picking them off slowly.

These sets and skills will be much less effective once people learn to spread out.
  • dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    keeping all the old sets in the rewards is the worst idea ever. the only way to get the new sets is rewards or one one piece a week from the new vendor.
    make a case to update the old vendors NOT make RNG EVEN WORSE!!! seriously wtf
    Edited by dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO on March 3, 2016 6:16AM
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So @ZOS_GinaBruno @Wrobel @ZOS_BrianWheeler

When will the other sets be updated/sold? As I really don't want this to be an "Update 10" or "Update 11" thing as we've been waiting so long as it is.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • NerfPlease
    NerfPlease
    ✭✭✭
    Well according to Gina words

it will be logically when they up AP boxes to vr16 they need also to grant 100% set item inside, without nonset crap
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

yes, things like this
    still think its too OP?

4Wwi8a6.png

this. not to mention there are many posts out there that show how hard it is to get pieces. plus, think about having to find the exact pieces you need etc.

Be glad it's BoE and not more BoP!
  • NerfPlease
    NerfPlease
    ✭✭✭
    yes... at least no more BoP!