Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[IMPORTANT!!!]15 pvp sets will be removed in TG dlc?

• CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's the test server, ZOS wants the new sets tested. Wait until changes hit live and if this still turns out to be the case then report it as a bug. They have made odd choices in the past but all this looks like to me is them trying to get people to test the new sets.
  • NerfPlease
    NerfPlease
    ✭✭✭
    CP5 wrote: »
    It's the test server, ZOS wants the new sets tested. Wait until changes hit live and if this still turns out to be the case then report it as a bug. They have made odd choices in the past but all this looks like to me is them trying to get people to test the new sets.

or just trying to hide the truth to avoid whine
  • Zaldan
    Zaldan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    still think RftW should contain only set items and not non-set items.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
    Niidro tiid wah fusvok dirkah.

aka.@Cuthceol
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe the thought process behind not making sets scale to v16 is the amount 9f work that needs to go into it. 8m sure the thought is, why would we spend time making these sets scale to v16 when we are about to remove vet ranks? It sux. I don't like it. But 8t makes sense to some degree not to waste resources on doing that when they will just be changing it anyway. All sets will be available for use once vet ranks are gone.
  • Klblk
    Klblk
    Soul Shriven
    does anyone know about Morag Tong, Ravager's, Cyrodil light sets and many another? will they make them v16 or not?
  • NerfPlease
    NerfPlease
    ✭✭✭
    Klblk wrote: »
    does anyone know about Morag Tong, Ravager's, Cyrodil light sets and many another? will they make them v16 or not?

no, they will not scale them
    its not profitable because vr16 morag tong+ vr16 hawk eye will be OP set for bows for example, and players will stop buy DLCs because vanilla sets is good enough

ZO$ wanna profit, so they will not update old gear
    Edited by NerfPlease on March 1, 2016 8:12PM
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Just to confirm, below are the only sets that will be available from Rewards for the Worthy when the Thieves Guild update goes live:
    • Vicious Death
    • Transmutation
    • Marksman’s Crest
    • Leki’s Focus
    • Fasalla’s Guile
    • Warrior’s Fury
    For the item sets listed above, we will be increasing the drop rate so you are guaranteed to receive a piece from one of these item sets each time, rather than only having a small chance to receive a piece from a large pool of possibilities. You will still be able to obtain the previously-available item sets from the Alliance vendors, and we are currently evaluating plans to alter their wares in the future (both to change the exact sets they offer, and to bring their wares up to VR16).

Moving forward, we will regularly cycle out older item sets from Rewards of the Worthy so you are given a greater opportunity to acquire the newest item sets, and older item sets will be purchasable from the Alliance vendors.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • NerfPlease
    NerfPlease
    ✭✭✭
    yes! thanks for the answer
  • NerfPlease
    NerfPlease
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno thanks again for clarifications, can you confirm that purple rings will have so low chances for drop?

purple rings of any set - its 0.029% chance
    its from the topic where i gather statistic after opening over10k Rewards for Worthy on the PTS...

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/250026/thanks-zos-rarest-item-in-next-dlc-7-5-months-to-get-one/p1
  • Taonnor
    Taonnor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NerfPlease wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno thanks again for clarifications, can you confirm that purple rings will have so low chances for drop?

purple rings of any set - its 0.029% chance
    its from the topic where i gather statistic after opening over10k Rewards for Worthy on the PTS...

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/250026/thanks-zos-rarest-item-in-next-dlc-7-5-months-to-get-one/p1

I think it is Ok to have a low drop chance. You get blue very fast and all higher quality are a good long term target. The purple/yellow rings are tradeable, so for 10000 rewards per day on the megaserver the drop chance is not low.
    Edited by Taonnor on March 2, 2016 3:23PM
    Guild

Gildenleiter von Lux Dei (EU/AD). Offizieller Gildenspotlight für ESOTU!
    Guild leader of Lux Dei (EU/AD). Official Guild Spotlight for ESOTU!

Addons & Guides

ESOUI Author Portal: Taonnor
    Addons: Taos AP Session, Taos Group Tools

Myth AoE Cap: DE Mythos AoE Cap // EN Myth AoE Cap

What should i change in ESO: DE [DGR] Was würde ich an ESO verändern - "Der große Rundumschlag" // EN [TWS] What should i change in ESO – „The sweeping statement“

Charakters

Taonnor Annare, Sorcerer
    Thao Annare, Nightblade
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just to confirm, below are the only sets that will be available from Rewards for the Worthy when the Thieves Guild update goes live:
    • Vicious Death
    • Transmutation
    • Marksman’s Crest
    • Leki’s Focus
    • Fasalla’s Guile
    • Warrior’s Fury
    For the item sets listed above, we will be increasing the drop rate so you are guaranteed to receive a piece from one of these item sets each time, rather than only having a small chance to receive a piece from a large pool of possibilities. You will still be able to obtain the previously-available item sets from the Alliance vendors, and we are currently evaluating plans to alter their wares in the future (both to change the exact sets they offer, and to bring their wares up to VR16).

Moving forward, we will regularly cycle out older item sets from Rewards of the Worthy so you are given a greater opportunity to acquire the newest item sets, and older item sets will be purchasable from the Alliance vendors.

Fantastic!!! Finally something logical from ZoS.
    Because I can!
  • Glory
    Glory
    Class Representative
    • Vicious Death
    • Transmutation
    • Marksman’s Crest
    • Leki’s Focus
    • Fasalla’s Guile
    • Warrior’s Fury

Thank you for the information :smile: This sounds reasonable, I'm sure many of us would be extremely appreciative if the latter part (updated wares and ensuring that these old sets are still obtainiable) got updated more quickly!
    mDK will rise again.
    Rebuild Necromancer pet AI.

@Glorious since I have too many characters to list

Ádamant

Strongly against Faction Lock
  • Lore_lai
    Lore_lai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Vicious Death
    • Transmutation
    • Marksman’s Crest
    • Leki’s Focus
    • Fasalla’s Guile
    • Warrior’s Fury

Will the new sets be available in RftW to people who don't have ESO Plus or buy the DLC? @ZOS_GinaBruno
    If not, and there are no definitive plans for current sets to be updated to VR16 on PvP vendors, does that mean they will only have access to max VR14 set gear?
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...and we are currently evaluating plans to... bring their wares up to VR16

Man, I really don't understand why you guys are dragging your feet on this. These sets should have been updated to VR16 ages ago, along with all other sets that got stuck at VR12 and VR14.

How hard can this possibly be? What plans need to be evaluated? Isn't this just a couple of edits or additions to a table in some database? I can't imagine that this would take more than a few minutes for each set!

Edited by Emma_Overload on March 2, 2016 4:23PM
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Dreyloch
    Dreyloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Vicious Death
    • Transmutation
    • Marksman’s Crest
    • Leki’s Focus
    • Fasalla’s Guile
    • Warrior’s Fury

I understand what your saying here and I like it. But please, let the old item sets scale to VR16 or w/e max level will be once VR levels are gone. Buyable from the vendors is a great idea.
    "The fear of Death, is often worse than death itself"
  • pmn100b16_ESO
    pmn100b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Vicious Death
    • Transmutation
    • Marksman’s Crest
    • Leki’s Focus
    • Fasalla’s Guile
    • Warrior’s Fury

So a guaranteed drop with each reward of the worthy mail, nice. Hopefully you guys know that pvpers don't need a gear grind as an incentive to play, the pvp is the reason we play, and preferably whilst trying out new pvp armour sets. So making them available as reasonably quickly as possible is definitely the way to go. Getting parts of these sets as an rng along with all the other Rewards of the Worthy carp was really putting me off bothering.
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    • Vicious Death
    • Transmutation
    • Marksman’s Crest
    • Leki’s Focus
    • Fasalla’s Guile
    • Warrior’s Fury

Interesting change, but if some sets that are currently dropped in v16 can now only be bought up to v14 that is a loss. The RNG drop boxes never interested me and if you just pool everything into these containers, and plan to move more sets into that pool as new sets come out. I don't like the idea of such a diluted lottery, more so when you have a chance to get junk items from the bought containers.

Will the merchants be changed to sell specific items, and will people without thieves guild even have access to v16 drops now if merchants don't sell to that level?
  • Zaldan
    Zaldan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dont expect to see old sets updated and purchasable from vendors in the next 6 months, ZOS wont want to discourage peeps from paying for the shiny new DLC.

[Edited for masking]
    Edited by ZOS_CoriJ on March 2, 2016 6:02PM
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
    Niidro tiid wah fusvok dirkah.

aka.@Cuthceol
  • NerfPlease
    NerfPlease
    ✭✭✭
    @Emma_Eunjung and game client already has this pvp sets scaled to max level!

with proper scaled setbonuses
    i believe ZOS need just few clicks to add them but looks like they do not want this because.... they wil lost money - people will not buy DLCs because old sets scaled to vr16 will be OP enough

tlJ9v7a.png

Edited by NerfPlease on March 2, 2016 4:54PM
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i believe ZOS need just few clicks to add them but looks like they do not want this because.... they wil lost money - people will not buy DLCs because old sets scaled to vr16 will be OP enough

tlJ9v7a.png

I've heard this reasoning before, and I just don't understand it. People who enjoy playing new content will buy the DLC regardless of the gear. People who enjoy collecting gear will buy the DLC to access the new gear. Who on earth plays ESO, but doesn't want new gear or new content?
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So it's true. Very sad, why push in new sets and delete the old from the RftW mails without adjusting the vendor first.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative

tlJ9v7a.png

Nobody has to buy the DLC for PvP. You receive those sets anyway.
    Edited by Alcast on March 2, 2016 5:44PM
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• NerfPlease
    NerfPlease
    ✭✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »

tlJ9v7a.png

Nobody has to buy the DLC for PvP. You receive those sets anyway.

i told about vr16 versions
    this item on screenshot not obtainable in the game
  • NerfPlease
    NerfPlease
    ✭✭✭
    @RDMyers65b14_ESO i was right

read the Green post on this page
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are two issues that keep me from playing this game regularly. Above all other things.
    • The first is the unpurgable snare on every gap closer. Even with the PTS changes its still terrible.
    • The second is the sheer amount of UNNECESSARY CONTROL ZOS exerts over PvP gear choices. What gear we can have. Where we can get it from. What level we can get it in.

This behavior from ZOS KILLS build diversity and fun and makes everyone run the same FOTM builds. Anyone who thinks they do this because some gear combos would be OP, needs to revisit when ZOS released the champion system with a total of 3600 champion points. CP has a far greater impact on character strength then gear ever had.

I am sick to death of Eric Wrobels insistence on a "stack mitigation and burst" meta for PvP where everyone wears some combination of DPS sets with willpower/agility jewelry while spamming the hardest hitting skill. All the fun sets like vengeance leach, potentates, and other sustain or ultimate sets are out of the game. This game was so much more fun when the meta was resource management instead of burst.

I am sad to hear that even more of my favorite sets will be taken out of the rotation to promote "new sets and gear" I hope everyone loves prox det and vicious death. Everyone will be running it.

ZOS STOP RESTRICTING PVP GEAR.

nkcO61r.png
  • RoamingRiverElk
    RoamingRiverElk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are two issues that keep me from playing this game regularly. Above all other things.
    • The first is the unpurgable snare on every gap closer. Even with the PTS changes its still terrible.
    • The second is the sheer amount of UNNECESSARY CONTROL ZOS exerts over PvP gear choices. What gear we can have. Where we can get it from. What level we can get it in.

This behavior from ZOS KILLS build diversity and fun and makes everyone run the same FOTM builds. Anyone who thinks they do this because some gear combos would be OP, needs to revisit when ZOS released the champion system with a total of 3600 champion points. CP has a far greater impact on character strength then gear ever had.

I am sick to death of Eric Wrobels insistence on a "stack mitigation and burst" meta for PvP where everyone wears some combination of DPS sets with willpower/agility jewelry while spamming the hardest hitting skill. All the fun sets like vengeance leach, potentates, and other sustain or ultimate sets are out of the game. This game was so much more fun when the meta was resource management instead of burst.

I am sad to hear that even more of my favorite sets will be taken out of the rotation to promote "new sets and gear" I hope everyone loves prox det and vicious death. Everyone will be running it.

ZOS STOP RESTRICTING PVP GEAR.

nkcO61r.png

Exactly.
    Dalris Aalr - Magicka (Stamina) DK | Dalfish - Magicka Sorc | Dal Aalr - Magicka Warden | Dalrish - Mag/Stam NB | Irana Aalr - PvE Templar
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Vicious Death
    • Transmutation
    • Marksman’s Crest
    • Leki’s Focus
    • Fasalla’s Guile
    • Warrior’s Fury

Awesome! Finally a viable way for us PvP'ers to get our gear in a realistic time without grinding dreaded PvE... really happy about this one!

Now just remove that x10 cost for VR16 crafted and this patch is going to rock.. even though it's a PvE oriented one.

... edit... unless if the old sets that are put moved to the vendor are indeed VR14... then it's a serious slap in the face.
    Edited by Docmandu on March 2, 2016 7:13PM
  • sadownik
    sadownik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Docmandu of course they are vr 14 it has been stated many times that for this dlc no vendor upgrade. Furthermore it doesnt sound like it will come with the next one either. Its one of those "no eta" things, you know.
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know I don't fully understand people's problem with using v14 gear in pvp. Yes, they should update them. But there 8s no need to min/max in pvp. Gold v14 gear is perfectly viable in pvp. You don't lose a ton of stats or anything. It's not game changing to not min/max. Hell I still run around with v14 gold gear on some builds. Works fine. Some my gear is v15. Some is v16. How often do you die and say "o man I wish I had 500 more stamina or 200 more weapon damage. It is not a significant difference unless you min/max, which is not necessary for pvp to be viable. You just outplay and outsmart your opponent.

Imo.
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    bowmanz607 wrote: »
    You know I don't fully understand people's problem with using v14 gear in pvp. Yes, they should update them. But there 8s no need to min/max in pvp. Gold v14 gear is perfectly viable in pvp. You don't lose a ton of stats or anything. It's not game changing to not min/max. Hell I still run around with v14 gold gear on some builds. Works fine. Some my gear is v15. Some is v16. How often do you die and say "o man I wish I had 500 more stamina or 200 more weapon damage. It is not a significant difference unless you min/max, which is not necessary for pvp to be viable. You just outplay and outsmart your opponent.

Imo.

This would be true if the meta wasn't burst and disappear.
    Because I can!