Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Patch Notes v2.3.4

• Rjizzle09
    Rjizzle09
    ✭✭✭
    I also fail to understand the reason they won't listen to us? Like at this point you seriously have to wonder why they won't listen to plp who actually play the game a whole bunch? We're literally telling them how to fix this game and bring in more money basically but they aren't listening are the things were telling them really that hard to do? Idk at this point I'm really started to just feel disrespected all other mmos I've played they actually listen to the player base if it's actually something good and smart and will help the game but zos almost never listens to us at this point it's blatant disregard for their player base and that just really isn't good more people are gonna leave this game and then they'll be like oh dang guess we better fix it now nah too late dark souls three is coming out blade and souls IS out ffxiv is out with a new patch lichdom battle mage is coming out ZENIMAX if you wanna keep plp in this game and not on others hardly then it would really be beneficial for you to hear us and actually do the things we want were not clueless kids we care about the game and want to see it be the best mmo out there and IT DOES have potential to be BUT the small things you guys won't add or fix is crippling this game ya know things like we'll fitted? Why is that even a trait lol plp ride horses in pvp hardly anyone needs sprint reduction that's one of those small things that needs afjusting cause waiting for the dark brother hood to come out before you do more balancing and fixes isn't a smart move you're gonna push your player base away and honestly it's getting to where even the casual plp who not even play much are starting to see the things that need adjusting idk just my two cents you should really listen to us and man honestly if you have to take the game down for a week or so to fix EVERYTHING we've mentioned that needs fixing or added to the game I'm all for that I'd rather that happen than to play more dlc with more bugs and exploits this isn't all hate post it's just what I think as a hard core player I live this game just please listen to us
  • Lifecode666
    Lifecode666
    ✭✭✭
    Guys and girls. It's all about earning money.
    They don't care about the rest.

Really wish they would focus more on class balance and performance in cyrodil.
    It's what people want the most.

Up the hornz
  • wookikiller95
    wookikiller95
    ✭✭✭
    Need help cant find the notes for example: Dragon blood morph changes or Barrier morph changes...
  • Detector
    Detector
    ✭✭✭✭
    Change race please!
  • Chapmaaaan
    Chapmaaaan
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno can you please please fix the masters bow bug which occurs when using vigor whilst hidden/cloaked? it breaks stealth
    Turmoil
    previous gamertag - DanielChapman89
  • ub17_ESO
    ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    jrgray93 wrote: »
    Still no love for Templars.

Seriously, the only reason I can justify playing this class still is that I'm primarily a healer. As DPS, I'm awful in comparison to any other class, regardless of what I try to do. I can't even keep up with NBs and Sorcs that are grinding because they move at a permanent +40% speed and virtually one-shot everything, leaving me trailing behind and finishing off their scraps.

Oh, and why am I grinding? Because the champion point changes for this next update are the biggest "buff" I'll see, and I'm hoping it will help. Like someone previously stated in this thread, we're so desperate for buffs that we're considering universal improvements to all classes to be buffs for Templars.

Pardon, I dont mean to single you out, this was the 4th or 5th post stating Templars didnt get any love this update. If I'm not mistaken there are 3 DPS buffs specific to templar in this update:

(A little perspective for the numbers i give below my stats with no buffs other than food are 2200 spell damage and 38k magic and during combat I keep the general templar buffs active....major/minor spell power.)

Dark Flare damage increase I hear by 12%...not shabby. On live with no keena proc mine crits against deadra for 24k. I'm sure there are templars on live that have seen 30k crits. So I should see roughly 26.9K Dark Flare when TG DLC goes live! Pretty good increase.

Vampire's Bane Duration increase: On live this skill runs 15-20K damage over the course of its duration if I cast it when I have the empower buff active. Correct me if I'm wrong, but on live the base duration is 7 sec plus 20% from the passive so about 8.4 sec duration. Increase duration to 9 sec plus the passive got a buff so on PTS it should be running for 11.7sec.

Backlash can now crit!! This to me sounds too good to be true! This one is a little confusing though....they played around with the numbers in a way that I havnt quite wrapped my head around. So they increased the max damage by 25% so on live my max damage is 17K so looking at 21.2K max damage pre-crit! However, they decreased the damage stored by 66% which I think will make it hard for a person to reach max damage potential during solo gameplay...I dont know I need to run the numbers. The server is down and I dont remember what the damage stored number is on live. However, in a 4-man if your healer is running this you can surely expect to reach max damage potential, anyway lets look at those numbers! So, 21.2k x whatever your crit damage multiplier is. lets say 1.6 bc that is probably the lowest you will have as a templar with an Aedric Spear ability on your bar...34K! quite a good increase for a skill that also has a bit of utility in PvE. I will see quite a bit higher than that as I run shadow and have CP to increase Crit damage. Rough estimate is 1.9, and i'm probably short changing it, so let's see.... Oh Yeah!! 40.2K very nice! what a lovely DPS buff! In solo play I cant expect to see that reliably but for sure if I cast that prior to dropping a meteor! Not to mention that it is no longer effected by the passive enduring rays, so it will hit sooner! This might be the single biggest DPS buff for the Templar this patch.

Bonus 4th one I remembered....the Aedric Spear Ultimate DPS morph supposedly got a damage buff it went from 33% more damage against enemies in front of you to 66% more damage...considerable increase, forgive me I have never taken this morph, I may now though...it is really cheap.

These are 4 buffs to magic spec Templars, and while fact checking I found 1 or 2 more:

Nova benefits from the same duration increase in the enduring rays passive buff and the damage from the synergy was increased by 16%

I know eclipse is a sensitive topic but from last patch to this patch, it received a buff. Unstable core can now be cast on multiple targets and the damage of the explosion was increased by 50%.

That's 6 Templar specific DPS buff this patch! IMO this should put Magic spec Templar dps in a pretty good spot. Or at least I think we can all agree that mathematically it will be better than before without even considering the improved dps via the CP changes. Those of us running meteor should see big gains on this skill and if you are running destro you will see gains on your weaving dps as well! So as far as I can tell, Templars did get some love this update, at least if you play a Magic Spec. No love for stamplars...but i'm not taking it personal stamina in general didnt receive any love this go around.

As Deltia pointed out, these changes should open up some diversity in playstyle for the templar deeps.

I'm sure I will catch it anyway, but by and large I have focused on just the raw numbers and not the application of said abilities in Cyro. I made it a point to stay in my swim lane on this one p)

Cheers!

Edited by ub17_ESO on March 1, 2016 9:54AM
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Backlash can crit since ages, but not over the tooltip-cap. So in your example max-dmg is 21.7k dmg, doesn't matter if it crits or not. Crit does only matter if your stored damage would give you less than cap-dmg. The Crit will then bring it to the Cap, but never above.

btw...no one complains about the dps-possibilities of magicka-templar, but about their defensive-toolkit for pvp. That is where they have to be improved, but ZOS doesn't listen. DPS will be great with next patch :)
    Noobplar
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nvm
    Edited by Docmandu on March 1, 2016 11:53AM
  • Flak
    Flak
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow I have been waiting so long for this Scathing Mage Buff, time to farm the Prison again for better traits!

GM of the progressive raiding Guild Ghosts and Goblins | Recruitment: Open

Roster

Flák - 50 Magicka DK DD
    Toxic Flák - 50 Stamina DK DD
    Flakká - 50 Magicka NB DD
    Sonic Flák - 50 Stam-Sorc DD
    Flákjack - 50 Stamplar DD
    Flák the Ripper - 50 StamNB DD
    Flakster - 50 Magicka Sorc DD
    Overwhelming Flak - 50 Magicka Templar Healer/DD
    Full Metal Flák - 50 Stamina DK Tank
    All Pact

YouTube
  • Contraptions
    Contraptions
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Are leaderboards now account based or character based? As in will one player be able to get 8 spots on the leader board using 8 different characters? Or is it now one spot per account?
    Patroller and Editor at UESP
  • NinjaApacHe
    NinjaApacHe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still no Meteor reflect-able ?? Really despite all the threads saying no the idea ?

And nerfing magelight and flares just cause of NB crying ? Really ?

Dragonknight?
    CP 2120+Lord Yakhin- Magicka NB - High Elf - DC Jack Templar - Stamina Templar - Dark Elf - DC Darth Morbius - Stamina Sorcerer - Dark Elf - DC Bloody Merril - Stamina Vampire NB - Redguard - DC Master Kun - Stamina DK - Redguard - DC Exarch Kun - Magicka Vampire NB - High Elf - DC Ace Bollah - Stamina Warden - Dark Elf - DC Icy Jack - Stamina Warden - Nord - DC Prior Tedas - Stamina NB - High Elf - DC 10 traits Woodworker - lvl 50 Enchanter - lvl 50 Alchemist - 10 traits Clothier & Smither - 10 traits jewelcrafterProud member of the Band of Daggers - www.bandofdaggers.eu
  • jrgray93
    jrgray93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    To address the two people who quoted me...

I gave up on PVP. I really don't care how well Templars function in PVP anymore. It turned into a walking simulator when forward camps changed a century or so ago, and the lag is unbearable. My concern is with the overall functionality in PVE, where half of our abilities just have no practical use. There is a distinct lack of flow between abilities on offense in comparison to other classes. You can look at any class and say "X player is wrecking everyone." That's hardly useful information here.

Which brings me to the buffs. Yes, there are a few. Most of the buffs are entirely useless. It's like they missed the point of what was wrong with the abilities to begin with. II'm excited about Dark Flare getting buffed. That's about it.

• Crescent Sweep is still useless in comparison to other ultimates.
    • Backlash is still only useful with groups because my other spells will kill things quicker on my own.
    • Vampire's Bane is still useless because it extends the DoT, not the DPS. It might allow us to work other spells into the rotation on a boss fight, but Reflective Light is still going to be better 90% of the time.

The list goes on and on. Look at the Templar feedback thread for more / better explanations. There is a reason it is significantly longer than the other class threads. It's similar to the situation around launch with Nightblades having about half of their abilities flat out not working.
    Edited by jrgray93 on March 1, 2016 1:32PM
    EP: Slania Isara : Harambe Was an Inside Job
  • Zheg
    Zheg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ub17_ESO wrote: »

Pardon, I dont mean to single you out, this was the 4th or 5th post stating Templars didnt get any love this update. If I'm not mistaken there are 3 DPS buffs specific to templar in this update:

(A little perspective for the numbers i give below my stats with no buffs other than food are 2200 spell damage and 38k magic and during combat I keep the general templar buffs active....major/minor spell power.)

Dark Flare damage increase I hear by 12%...not shabby. On live with no keena proc mine crits against deadra for 24k. I'm sure there are templars on live that have seen 30k crits. So I should see roughly 26.9K Dark Flare when TG DLC goes live! Pretty good increase.

Vampire's Bane Duration increase: On live this skill runs 15-20K damage over the course of its duration if I cast it when I have the empower buff active. Correct me if I'm wrong, but on live the base duration is 7 sec plus 20% from the passive so about 8.4 sec duration. Increase duration to 9 sec plus the passive got a buff so on PTS it should be running for 11.7sec.

Backlash can now crit!! This to me sounds too good to be true! This one is a little confusing though....they played around with the numbers in a way that I havnt quite wrapped my head around. So they increased the max damage by 25% so on live my max damage is 17K so looking at 21.2K max damage pre-crit! However, they decreased the damage stored by 66% which I think will make it hard for a person to reach max damage potential during solo gameplay...I dont know I need to run the numbers. The server is down and I dont remember what the damage stored number is on live. However, in a 4-man if your healer is running this you can surely expect to reach max damage potential, anyway lets look at those numbers! So, 21.2k x whatever your crit damage multiplier is. lets say 1.6 bc that is probably the lowest you will have as a templar with an Aedric Spear ability on your bar...34K! quite a good increase for a skill that also has a bit of utility in PvE. I will see quite a bit higher than that as I run shadow and have CP to increase Crit damage. Rough estimate is 1.9, and i'm probably short changing it, so let's see.... Oh Yeah!! 40.2K very nice! what a lovely DPS buff! In solo play I cant expect to see that reliably but for sure if I cast that prior to dropping a meteor! Not to mention that it is no longer effected by the passive enduring rays, so it will hit sooner! This might be the single biggest DPS buff for the Templar this patch.

Bonus 4th one I remembered....the Aedric Spear Ultimate DPS morph supposedly got a damage buff it went from 33% more damage against enemies in front of you to 66% more damage...considerable increase, forgive me I have never taken this morph, I may now though...it is really cheap.

These are 4 buffs to magic spec Templars, and while fact checking I found 1 or 2 more:

Nova benefits from the same duration increase in the enduring rays passive buff and the damage from the synergy was increased by 16%

I know eclipse is a sensitive topic but from last patch to this patch, it received a buff. Unstable core can now be cast on multiple targets and the damage of the explosion was increased by 50%.

That's 6 Templar specific DPS buff this patch! IMO this should put Magic spec Templar dps in a pretty good spot. Or at least I think we can all agree that mathematically it will be better than before without even considering the improved dps via the CP changes. Those of us running meteor should see big gains on this skill and if you are running destro you will see gains on your weaving dps as well! So as far as I can tell, Templars did get some love this update, at least if you play a Magic Spec. No love for stamplars...but i'm not taking it personal stamina in general didnt receive any love this go around.

As Deltia pointed out, these changes should open up some diversity in playstyle for the templar deeps.

I'm sure I will catch it anyway, but by and large I have focused on just the raw numbers and not the application of said abilities in Cyro. I made it a point to stay in my swim lane on this one p)

Cheers!

@ub17_ESO I'm going to be nice since you just don't seem to be familiar with templar, whereas with Wrobel, he gets my full wrath because he should know better and chooses to remain clueless. Here are the reasons templars disagree with you:
    • Dark Flare got a dmg buff, yay, it didn't need one. Dark Flare simply does not work in even moderate lag because of the cast time. If you make that your main dps skill, or sole, you will be in trouble trying to pvp for 90% of the night. Now that it sounds like even trials have lag and FPS issues, this problem will translate to pve as well. Furthermore, with the ability to double reflect gone, and more importantly the ability for templars to purify projectiles, there is literally nothing I can do to one of my reflected dark flares. In fact, it's probably MORE dangerous to the templar to use that skill next patch for those reasons.
    • Vamp's Bane got a buff, but this is a pve thing. Does pretty much nadda for pvp.
    • Backlash was not a net buff, it was a #wrobelmath attempt to make it look like he was doing something. Templars were just as confused as you were at first, and wrobel seems to be perpetually confused. The skill can crit, but only up to the allowed damage cap on the skill. Meaning if the tooltip says it can never bypass 18k (or whatever), the skill can crit, but your crit will be doing 18k, it's not like the crit will push that to 27k.
    • Nova did get a buff, however, at least in pvp, that skill is going to be less effective given what Wrobel has turned the meta into. If you stack inside a single area like a nova, yes, you get 30% dmg mit, but when prox det is doing double damage, plus you throw in things like buffed siege and vicious death, standing in that nova is more likely to get you killed than help with tactical mitigation.
    • Crescent Sweep did get a buff, Dawnbreaker is still better. Crescent/Empowering sweep pulses 3 times over 6 seconds, in a small 6m radius. Most templars will get the initial hit off, but the other 2 pulses are more than likely wasted as your opponent moves during fights (something Wrobel doesn't seem to understand when he mentions those damn houses...). A few templars will slot this, but the majority will realize it's still lackluster, and has been since beta.
    • The above addresses the buffs you mention, and each one comes with at least one caveat that I pointed out. Yes, magicka dps is improved for templars, but we want to be able to SURVIVE. Not being able to purify projectiles, BoL nerf, channeled focus nerf (yes, it's a nerf compared to Live), introducing a meta where fasalla's guile will be present in every major fight making your healing negligible (but a shield stacker like a sorc is unphased), ramping up damage numbers across the board for everybody to promote higher burst over sustain which has the same result as fasalla's guile, doing nothing about the fact that templar has more channels and casts than pretty much every other class combined, doing nothing about the fact that templars are the only ones without access to major brutality/sorcery in their class lines, doing nothing about the fact that every other class has far better resource management through passives, doing nothing about the fact that every other class has better access to both mitigation and mobility AND CC, need I go on? I could, and templars have, for 71 pages now, where pretty much everyone says the exact same thing/s which clearly indicates the problems are both obvious and universal.
    • EDIT: I forgot about Eclipse. It's a nerf all around. @Joy_Division can explain it better than anyone. The new morph is made LESS effective by our passive that increases the duration of said skill, which is hilariously tragic but par for the course when it comes to Wrobel.
    • EDIT: Oh, and with the nerf to rapids, every other class can use their mitigation skills unimpeded and not worry about removing their buff, but not templars. As soon as you heal or buff someone - something pretty much impossible for a templar NOT to do given how smart healing works (to bad we don't have smart development eh?), you will be susceptible to the permaroot from bombard spam that's only going to get worse next patch, particularly with the return of magicka DKs and them using talons. Wrobel is out to lunch, plain and simple. He legitimately does not get it, and his answers during ESO Live just make that all the more clear.

ZOS did the same thing with vet levels - if one is to read between the lines, Gina is prohibited from engaging in these threads. She certainly sees and reads them, but does not have the permission to address them. It's not just wrobel that's the problem, it's the higher ups that make asinine management decisions like that.
    Edited by Zheg on March 1, 2016 3:03PM
  • justinbarrett
    justinbarrett
    ✭✭✭
    seems everyone is forgetting a few things.
    1) templars are amazing, don't ask for changes that may get them additional nerfs...if you do not know how to theory craft one, then use a tutorial ....they are a strong class, I preffer NB, but I have a stamplar and a magica build templar...no issues...in fact they are probably stonger than my NB to a small degree.
    2) templars are maneuverable on the battlefield...focused charge for one, you can also use a 2h for charge as well...
    3) Zos devs do not have as much say as people think as to what gets changed in the game, and the higher-ups expect them to keep this game going by providing more content...since they promissed they would...they need to do so, otherwise they lose credibility
    4) no one is forcing anyone to play this game.
    5) sorry if any of this was already pointed out...I stopped reading the whining after page 2

otoh anyone complaining about lag has a legitimate complaint....pvp or pve it is just silly sometimes.
    Edited by justinbarrett on March 1, 2016 3:38PM
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solved the 0xc000007b error with the 64-bit client under Windows 10 64-bit here;

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/2738905/#Comment_2738905
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • Zheg
    Zheg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    1) templars are amazing, don't ask for changes that may get them additional nerfs...if you do not know how to theory craft one, then use a tutorial ....they are a strong class, I preffer NB, but I have a stamplar and a magica build templar...no issues...in fact they are probably stonger than my NB to a small degree.
    2) templars are maneuverable on the battlefield...focused charge for one, you can also use a 2h for charge as well...
    3) Zos devs do not have as much say as people think as to what gets changed in the game, and the higher-ups expect them to keep this game going by providing more content...since they promissed they would...they need to do so, otherwise they lose credibility
    4) no one is forcing anyone to play this game.
    5) sorry if any of this was already pointed out...I stopped reading the whining after page 2

otoh anyone complaining about lag has a legitimate complaint....pvp or pve it is just silly sometimes.

Templars are maneuverable? :D We playing the same game? I can cast purify and nothing but purify and still be permarooted in pvp right now given how much bombard spam there is. Toppling charge will not work when rooted, unlike your handy ambush, and ... oh... toppling charge just doesn't work. They've been utterly incapable of fixing that skill even though they've said in patch notes 8+ times that it's fixed, so clearly these are all just issues with the player and have nothing to do with the fact that ZOS is clueless.

At the end of my last post I mentioned that it wasn't just Wrobel that's the problem, it's the management and higher ups as well.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ub17_ESO wrote: »
    jrgray93 wrote: »
    Still no love for Templars.

Seriously, the only reason I can justify playing this class still is that I'm primarily a healer. As DPS, I'm awful in comparison to any other class, regardless of what I try to do. I can't even keep up with NBs and Sorcs that are grinding because they move at a permanent +40% speed and virtually one-shot everything, leaving me trailing behind and finishing off their scraps.

Oh, and why am I grinding? Because the champion point changes for this next update are the biggest "buff" I'll see, and I'm hoping it will help. Like someone previously stated in this thread, we're so desperate for buffs that we're considering universal improvements to all classes to be buffs for Templars.

Dark Flare damage increase I hear by 12%...not shabby. you ever try casting that spell in a 1v1 or when outnumbered?

Vampire's Bane Duration increase: Because it's OK to screw the people who took the Reflective Light morph.

Backlash can now crit!! This to me sounds too good to be true! It is. Damage cap is still cap. Doesn't scale off your spellpower. Now requires the templar to put a lot more damage on target to get full effect, which means its not viable for solo play anymore.

Bonus 4th one I remembered....the Aedric Spear Ultimate DPS morph supposedly got a damage buff it went from 33% more damage against enemies in front of you to 66% more damage Dawnbreaker is still better.

Nova benefits from the same duration increase in the enduring rays passive buff and the damage from the synergy was increased by 16%. It always had. Ultimate is still too damn expensive

I know eclipse is a sensitive topic but from last patch to this patch, it received a buff. Unstable core can now be cast on multiple targets and the damage of the explosion was increased by 50%.That is not a buff. It is a different spell entirely that no longer is capable of doing it's primary function: reflect. Back in July 2015 I could spam this on multiple targets and still derive the reflect benefit.

That's what Eric Wrobel does: focus on raw DPS numbers without any care or thought of the application of how these abilities function in Cyrodiil. If your swim lane is Trial DPS, you did not stay in it.
    Edited by Joy_Division on March 1, 2016 4:23PM
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    1) templars are amazing, don't ask for changes that may get them additional nerfs...
    This is so true. As far as I can tell one of the guilds that ZOS meets with, to remain unnamed, asked them to buff rune focus. This buff resulted in a nerf to Channeled Focus.

V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• justinbarrett
    justinbarrett
    ✭✭✭
    everyone gets rooted in pvp, everyone dies in pvp...it just happens sometimes...also team mechanics play an important role ...it sounds more like the skills you want to use are not the right skills to use for any particular event...but I do not play with you(or want to) so idk...some players get this idea in their head that they are going to use this skill and that skill and it is just going to work, but that is not how it works. Another thing is pve and pvp builds can be very different...they generally are in fact...I'm not saying you are an inadequate player, but maybe you are expecting the wrong things to work? I personally avoid anything with a cast time for instance...no because they are not good skills/morphs, but because they can be finicky, and in pvp you need stability, you need skill you can rely on even if it means 2-5k less dps...if you can't pull it off, it is not contributing to your dps/hps. and I will leave it at that, as I get the impression you will do nothing but complain about how your templar is not powerful enough regardless of whether you know how to play it or not. Play your NB, you'll be happier, even if they are a bit more technical.
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    everyone gets rooted in pvp, everyone dies in pvp...it just happens sometimes...also team mechanics play an important role ...it sounds more like the skills you want to use are not the right skills to use for any particular event...but I do not play with you(or want to) so idk...some players get this idea in their head that they are going to use this skill and that skill and it is just going to work, but that is not how it works. Another thing is pve and pvp builds can be very different...they generally are in fact...I'm not saying you are an inadequate player, but maybe you are expecting the wrong things to work? I personally avoid anything with a cast time for instance...no because they are not good skills/morphs, but because they can be finicky, and in pvp you need stability, you need skill you can rely on even if it means 2-5k less dps...if you can't pull it off, it is not contributing to your dps/hps. and I will leave it at that, as I get the impression you will do nothing but complain about how your templar is not powerful enough regardless of whether you know how to play it or not. Play your NB, you'll be happier, even if they are a bit more technical.

Stability (reliability) is what the Templar community is requesting, NOT power.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Enodoc wrote: »
    • Note: Everyone will be displayed as a member of the Aldmeri Dominion once you enter the Trial. This is not a permanent change, and you will be reverted back to your original alliance once you leave the Trial, or the group is disbanded.
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Is this the future of all potential cross-faction gameplay, or a stop-gap measure while a more robust system (in which you would keep your own alliance affiliation) is in development?

It's just a temporary thing (and again, this is a visual thing only; your alliance isn't actually changing).
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Zheg
    Zheg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    • Note: Everyone will be displayed as a member of the Aldmeri Dominion once you enter the Trial. This is not a permanent change, and you will be reverted back to your original alliance once you leave the Trial, or the group is disbanded.
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Is this the future of all potential cross-faction gameplay, or a stop-gap measure while a more robust system (in which you would keep your own alliance affiliation) is in development?

It's just a temporary thing (and again, this is a visual thing only; your alliance isn't actually changing).

Is the stark silence from you guys on important questions and topics also just a temporary thing? You and I went through this dance once before on vet levels Gina, it took about 9 months for you to be allowed to respond on those topics - this time around, I'll be playing camelot unchained well before your 9+ months are up. Tell your bosses that it's actually a GOOD idea to not hamstring you and to let you do your job to engage the community and diffuse situations before they turn into the fiasco on the PTS section of the forums.
    Edited by Zheg on March 1, 2016 5:27PM
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_GinaBruno Is this the future of all potential cross-faction gameplay, or a stop-gap measure while a more robust system (in which you would keep your own alliance affiliation) is in development?
    That's great, thanks! Reading between the lines then, this bodes well I think for more cross-faction gameplay (such as cross-faction neutral zones) being reasonably high on the development priority list.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Zyle
    Zyle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zheg wrote: »

Is the stark silence from you guys on important questions and topics also just a temporary thing? You and I went through this dance once before on vet levels Gina, it took about 9 months for you to be allowed to respond on those topics - this time around, I'll be playing camelot unchained well before your 9+ months are up. Tell your bosses that it's actually a GOOD idea to not hamstring you and to let you do your job to engage the community and diffuse situations before they turn into the fiasco on the PTS section of the forums.

I've been wondering why the community engagement is so lackluster lately. That would really suck if people have questions unanswered simply because someone above her only wants easy/simplistic questions answered.

676 CP
    Zyle - LVL50 Stamina Nightblade - Former Emp AS - VMA Clear (Flawless)
    Joven - LVL50 Hybrid Templar
    Adion - LVL50 Stamina DK
    Radac - LVL50 Magicka Sorcerer
    Vanikath - LVL50 Magicka DK
  • justinbarrett
    justinbarrett
    ✭✭✭
    I think it might be more about being able to give complete concise answers...no one of them would want to stick their foot in their mouth while representing ZOS...just an assumption...it is also hard to answer questions when something is always changing....
  • NerfPlease
    NerfPlease
    ✭✭✭
    imagine guys
    ive noticed before that answers from ZOS usually appears in patchnotes topics
    and usually only during first few hours after thread of the patchnotes was started

so i prepared my question carefully, in notepad, with all bb codes, wilth list code etc, to make my question very well looked and explained

and in the moment PTS servers go offline i starting F5 like a crazy in this section
    and my post is 2nd! in this topic

so i dint think @ZOS_GinaBruno didnt noticed it

but all my expectation going to the toilet
    because of blatant ignore from ZOS

thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111

angry_computer_user.jpg
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Actually it is not just a visual thing. If you are DC or EP and you group with the grouping tool and are shown as AD then you can't use the teleport to player function to get out of the instance. Actually if you for example right click on a AD player in a guild roster it will give you the option to teleport to him but it will then say you can't teleport to him cause he is not your alliance, but there are no options to travel to any player that is actually in your alliance. Now I know this is not that big of a deal considering you can just disband and then wait until you are kicked out or leave the old fashioned way but hey its a convenience thing.
  • Bfish22090
    Bfish22090
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't want to join AD!
  • Pangnirtung
    Pangnirtung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guys and girls. It's all about earning money.
    They don't care about the rest.

Really wish they would focus more on class balance and performance in cyrodil.
    It's what people want the most.

No. It's what PVPers want the most.
  • Mumyo
    Mumyo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zero Templar notes.

Shocking...

Abilities that heal based on their damage done (Strife, Puncturing Sweeps, Surge, etc.) will now properly calculate their heal values when the damage is fully or partially absorbed.

It was just hidden

I hope it also affects backlashs ince after my last testing, i jabspammed a shieldstacker and it did 13 dmg. Yesm 13 dmg xD
    Edited by Mumyo on March 1, 2016 7:57PM