Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Rapid Strikes Needs a Snare like Templar Jabs

Xsorus
Xsorus
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
To make it more viable in PvP
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It also needs to proc Surge heals.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It would also be cool if it could do all the damage at once and knock the other player up into the air.
  • Xeven
    Xeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But make surge proc on dots so flurry can double dip the CP damage like Jabs.
  • Toast_STS
    Toast_STS
    ✭✭✭✭
    caddyshack.jpg
    VR14 DK Leaps-in-keeps
  • Mumyo
    Mumyo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xsorus wrote: »

You dont have to put a snare up because they simply lock the target and even if u lose track of it u still dmg it.
    But yea, something needs to be added to it i guess.
    Xeven wrote: »

Doesnt it "double dip" anyways? I think its concidered a dot.
    Edited by Mumyo on February 29, 2016 10:01PM
  • PainfulFAFA
    PainfulFAFA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes plz.
    Surge was nerfed to never proc on DoTs because of the heals a sorc could get when fighting outnumbered. It was better than sap tanking.

I think what they should so is make it Surge proc off the last hit from Flurry.
    PC NA
    Aztec | AZTEC | Ahztec | Aztehk | Master of Mnem
    MagDK | Magplar | Magward | Mageblade | Stamsorc

• Xeven
    Xeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mumyo wrote: »

You dont have to put a snare up because they simply lock the target and even if u lose track of it u still dmg it.
    But yea, something needs to be added to it i guess.
    Xeven wrote: »

Doesnt it "double dip" anyways? I think its concidered a dot.

Yes but it doesnt proc surge. If they change it up so it's not a dot, then that's not what we want. We want surge to work on dots, so we can still double dip flurry.
  • Xeven
    Xeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Confirming Flurry still sucks on PTS as of today.
  • Praeficere
    Praeficere
    ✭✭✭✭
    You want a snare with Flurry? Rending Slashes. We don't want even more 1-skill does all, do we? Be interactive with your build.
    Though the shadow has moved not,
    A thousand miles I’ve passed –
    Ageless as the mountains but forgetting not the past.

Are you Resolute?
    PC EU Progression Guild
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes plz.
    Surge was nerfed to never proc on DoTs because of the heals a sorc could get when fighting outnumbered. It was better than sap tanking.

Surge was not nerfed that way because it was a good heal. It was change because DoTs never get you a good heal since Surge takes a percentage of what damage it does and and a percentage of a DoT is not even a heal.It was the cooldown attach to Surge that was the nerf not the DoTs not proc on it. So lets say I want to get a burst heal so I would use wrecking blow I get a crit and a burst heal but if use thunderous presence before I use the wrecking blow I in up getting a crit off of thunderous presences which is a insignificant heal and because of the cooldown my wrecking blow will not proc the crit surge thus no burst heal. When they remove DoTs from Surge it was a good thing because no more wasted crit heals off of DoTs but since Flurry is consider DoTs it does not proc Surge anymore which sucks.
  • Zinaroth
    Zinaroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rapid Strikes is a targeted ability with a channel time that works kind of like Wrecking Blow which has a cast time. Meaning that even if the target gets slightly out of range for a short moment the attack will go through. Biting Jabs / Puncturing Sweeps is different in the fact that it does not require a target and thus does not lock on. This makes it way harder to connect to the target with and thus requires faster reactions on a target moving.

Even if they were to add a snare it would have to proc only on the last hit like it dpes with Jabs and while this is a nice addition it won't change much. Once people get snared once from the first surprise Jabs they will dodge roll and go into frantic evade mode as always.

I don't think Rapid Strikes should get a snare aswell.
  • Ra'Shtar
    Ra'Shtar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol its hilarious how templars get something that its not bad and then every other class wants that....
    Some of my favorite screenshots
    My opinions and posts are mostly on a PvE setting.
  • staracino_ESO
    staracino_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think that Jabs should get lock-on targeting like Rapid Strikes, instead. Reversal.
  • staracino_ESO
    staracino_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ra'Shtar wrote: »
    Lol its hilarious how templars get something that its not bad and then every other class wants that....

It isn't even that great to begin with...
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ra'Shtar wrote: »

Funniest part is that none wants other templar's..."buffs".
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes plz.

That's what they did to the OTHER flop Dual Wield attack, Twin Slashes or whatever it's called.... and it's totally useless. The whole point of making Flurry work with Surge is to bring the healing up to par with Wrecking Blow, and that's only going to happen if all six "strikes" are allowed to Surge heal if they crit.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes plz.

That's what they did to the OTHER flop Dual Wield attack, Twin Slashes or whatever it's called.... and it's totally useless. The whole point of making Flurry work with Surge is to bring the healing up to par with Wrecking Blow, and that's only going to happen if all six "strikes" are allowed to Surge heal if they crit.

Now that we put bleed damage on everything now. We can finally get a proper heal for blood craze.
  • SemiD4rkness
    SemiD4rkness
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would also be cool if it could do all the damage at once and knock the other player up into the air.

It could empower itself as well :o
  • Jar_Ek
    Jar_Ek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The issue with Flurry for stamina sorcerers is the lack of Surge healing, making DW much less useful - only Steel Tornado and maybe Flying Blade will ever get used by them and tbh Flying Blade is a world away from the effectiveness of critical rush.

Personally I don't think a snare on Flurry is needed or indeed warranted. But boy does the skill line need a gap closer and a replacement for the horrible blade cloak (pet hate).

Take a look at these threads for DW overhaul ideas:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en-GB/discussion/168267/can-dual-wield-be-made-to-work#latest
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en-GB/discussion/224448/dual-wield-current-issues#latest
  • Mumyo
    Mumyo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jar_Ek wrote: »
    The issue with Flurry for stamina sorcerers is the lack of Surge healing, making DW much less useful - only Steel Tornado and maybe Flying Blade will ever get used by them and tbh Flying Blade is a world away from the effectiveness of critical rush.

Personally I don't think a snare on Flurry is needed or indeed warranted. But boy does the skill line need a gap closer and a replacement for the horrible blade cloak (pet hate).

Take a look at these threads for DW overhaul ideas:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en-GB/discussion/168267/can-dual-wield-be-made-to-work#latest
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en-GB/discussion/224448/dual-wield-current-issues#latest

Blade cloak is a good ability tbh. well underestimated.
  • Jar_Ek
    Jar_Ek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Mumyo Really? The base 20% aoe damage reduction has some situational benefits, and the quick cloak orphans is useful for classes without access to mjr expedition. But otherwise it's pretty bad and tbh suffers from trying to do too much at the same time.
  • Mumyo
    Mumyo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jar_Ek wrote: »
    @Mumyo Really? The base 20% aoe damage reduction has some situational benefits, and the quick cloak orphans is useful for classes without access to mjr expedition. But otherwise it's pretty bad and tbh suffers from trying to do too much at the same time.

Maybe it should do something like absorb aoe dmg and throw a certain amount back.
    Otherwise its a very good ability and i use it when i go dw from time to time because of the reasons you mentioned ;)

• Zheg
    Zheg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    While we're at it, ambush, chains, crit charge, and shield charge all need to work like toppling charge and bug you the eff out.
  • staracino_ESO
    staracino_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zheg wrote: »
    While we're at it, ambush, chains, crit charge, and shield charge all need to work like toppling charge and bug you the eff out.

Now that you mention it, adding a GCD to every gap closer might go a long ways towards mitigating the rage over how they snare/silence the targets.
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, or they could add in a speed reduction to 30% or something like that. It's too easy to get away from atm.
    NA Server - Kildair
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a DoT.. so wouldn't that mean you have to split your CP over the physical dmg increase node and the DoT increase node.. although.. maybe that's not such a bad thing.. once you max the phys node, you can continue with the DoT node and therefor make it scale higher than a pure phys skill.
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snare on jab contributes nothing. Only the last hit snares target and in fact it is the hardest one to land on a moving target.
    It does not make sense to add a snare end of an nontargetted cone aiming spell. If you really want this skill more useful, then make the first hit snare. Current version in pts is worse than the old version that were giving tiny knockback. It really is.

Rapid strikes however, locks on target like WB, therefore snare is not so necessary. It eventually hits 100% if the target is in range.
    Edited by Soris on March 2, 2016 9:36PM
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Soris wrote: »
    Snare on jab contributes nothing. Only the last hit snares target and in fact it is the hardest one to land on a moving target.
    It does not make sense to add a snare end of an nontargetted cone aiming spell. If you really want this skill more useful, then make the first hit snare. Current version in pts is worse than the old version that were giving tiny knockback. It really is.

Rapid strikes however, locks on target like WB, therefore snare is not so necessary. It eventually hits 100% if the target is in range.

I'm in agreement the snare should come first (just like the KB should have come first). In fact most complaints about the skill wouldn't have existed if the kb hit first.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>