The maintenance is complete and the PTS is now back online. The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test!
The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

PTS Patch Notes v2.3.4

• Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bashev wrote: »
    Xsorus wrote: »
    Still no Meteor reflect-able ?? Really despite all the threads saying no the idea ?

And nerfing magelight and flares just cause of NB crying ? Really ?

Flare was actually buffed.

I was worried about it being nerfed when they dropped the Duration...But nope...That bloody Scorching Flare is nasty as hell now...

To give ya an idea..It went from requiring I think from requiring 6-8 seconds on Live to do 20k damage..to 5 Seconds...Now down to 3 seconds.

So if you get hit by scorching flare now...It does a crap ton more damage per tic

If this true then it is good. I was afraid that they kept the duration of the DoT to 5 seconds.

Yea that was my fear..That they were basically going to nerf its damage by dropping it to 3 seconds

Now its actually a viable choice over Magelight..

You can choose Magelight and get some passive damage over time via crit..magicka increase..Or you can go Scorching Flare and gain a powerful dot to use if someone cloaks but useless otherwise.

• Husan
    Husan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone can do well against terrible players that don't cc break and hit like wet noodles. Try looking at what the X people are doing in most of the 1vX videos. Especially on the console videos. There are some really bad players in ESO, I can 1vX against them with my templar all day. As soon as an equally skilled magicka sorc or stamina nightblade or DK shows up though..
  • dimensional
    dimensional
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IDK, I've seen some high level duels between every class and build imaginable and I've seen every outcome possible. I think it largely depends on playstyle and circumstance more than anything.
  • Zheg
    Zheg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zheg wrote: »
    jrgray93 wrote: »
    Still no love for Templars.

Seriously, the only reason I can justify playing this class still is that I'm primarily a healer. As DPS, I'm awful in comparison to any other class, regardless of what I try to do. I can't even keep up with NBs and Sorcs that are grinding because they move at a permanent +40% speed and virtually one-shot everything, leaving me trailing behind and finishing off their scraps.

Oh, and why am I grinding? Because the champion point changes for this next update are the biggest "buff" I'll see, and I'm hoping it will help. Like someone previously stated in this thread, we're so desperate for buffs that we're considering universal improvements to all classes to be buffs for Templars.

I see Templars absolutely destroying people in PvP all the time. Look up Lefty Lucy's channel on Youtube, in every single PvP video of the week he shows different templars, both stam and magicka, completely wrecking people. IDK what to tell you.

Is he fighting in lag or in the middle of a populated keep fight, or is he in the sewers or the middle of a field or resource somewhere? A class shouldn't be artificially hampered by being channel/cast heavy because wrobel thinks it's cute and doesn't want 'homogenization' when we have to play in the same lag as everyone else but their skills are more reliable. If he's able to play solo during a keep fight where the bombard spam outpaces your own purify spam and you're still permarooted next patch, and he can still wreck people, then we can talk. Go ahead and try using that super strong dark flare in even modest lag, then count the tbags you get as you die because your skill doesn't fire off or gets reflected and you can no longer bounce it back or purify it.

People like him and blab can be exceptional Templars, but they aren't fighting in the same kinds of fights the majority of Templars are during primetime. Apples and oranges.

No, I'm talking about several different people, submitting several different videos, all with their own different builds and in different situations. Left Lucy streams his own playing, but he compiles weekly videos of people that send submissions to him on Youtube. Look up his channel and see the plethora of different Templars that do monstrously well in PvP.

This is the kind of hollow argument that wrobel sees and allows him to justify his terrible class balance work. I wreck people on my Templar at times as well, but I'm not oblivious to the flaws of the class, nor am I oblivious to the fact that I could perform just as well if not better on one of my other classes. The feedback thread doesn't reach 2k + posts where the vast majority echo the same issues if the class is in as good shape as you imply. Some of the best Templars in the game mirror the same general feedback in that thread.

If I compiled a few videos of exceptional players on magicka DK right now, does that mean the incoming buffs next patch shouldn't happen? Don't think so.

And no, I'm not going to look him up, I play with and against some of the best Templars every night, I have my own experience to pull from thanks.
  • dimensional
    dimensional
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jrgray93 wrote: »
    Still no love for Templars.

Seriously, the only reason I can justify playing this class still is that I'm primarily a healer. As DPS, I'm awful in comparison to any other class, regardless of what I try to do. I can't even keep up with NBs and Sorcs that are grinding because they move at a permanent +40% speed and virtually one-shot everything, leaving me trailing behind and finishing off their scraps.

Oh, and why am I grinding? Because the champion point changes for this next update are the biggest "buff" I'll see, and I'm hoping it will help. Like someone previously stated in this thread, we're so desperate for buffs that we're considering universal improvements to all classes to be buffs for Templars.

I see Templars absolutely destroying people in PvP all the time. Look up Lefty Lucy's channel on Youtube, in every single PvP video of the week he shows different templars, both stam and magicka, completely wrecking people. IDK what to tell you.

Is he fighting in lag or in the middle of a populated keep fight, or is he in the sewers or the middle of a field or resource somewhere? A class shouldn't be artificially hampered by being channel/cast heavy because wrobel thinks it's cute and doesn't want 'homogenization' when we have to play in the same lag as everyone else but their skills are more reliable. If he's able to play solo during a keep fight where the bombard spam outpaces your own purify spam and you're still permarooted next patch, and he can still wreck people, then we can talk. Go ahead and try using that super strong dark flare in even modest lag, then count the tbags you get as you die because your skill doesn't fire off or gets reflected and you can no longer bounce it back or purify it.

People like him and blab can be exceptional Templars, but they aren't fighting in the same kinds of fights the majority of Templars are during primetime. Apples and oranges.

No, I'm talking about several different people, submitting several different videos, all with their own different builds and in different situations. Left Lucy streams his own playing, but he compiles weekly videos of people that send submissions to him on Youtube. Look up his channel and see the plethora of different Templars that do monstrously well in PvP.

This is the kind of hollow argument that wrobel sees and allows him to justify his terrible class balance work. I wreck people on my Templar at times as well, but I'm not oblivious to the flaws of the class, nor am I oblivious to the fact that I could perform just as well if not better on one of my other classes. The feedback thread doesn't reach 2k + posts where the vast majority echo the same issues if the class is in as good shape as you imply. Some of the best Templars in the game mirror the same general feedback in that thread.

If I compiled a few videos of exceptional players on magicka DK right now, does that mean the incoming buffs next patch shouldn't happen? Don't think so.

And no, I'm not going to look him up, I play with and against some of the best Templars every night, I have my own experience to pull from thanks.

It wasn't an argument ffs, I'm just pointing out that plenty of people do extremely well with the class despite all of the moaning. And it isn't a "few" videos, it's quite a lot of people, so I don't think what you're saying applies to this at all.

And if you don't look up his videos and watch what I'm talking about, you have no relevant points to make in regards to what I am referencing.
    Edited by dimensional on February 29, 2016 10:44PM
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Husan wrote: »
    Anyone can do well against terrible players that don't cc break and hit like wet noodles. Try looking at what the X people are doing in most of the 1vX videos. Especially on the console videos. There are some really bad players in ESO, I can 1vX against them with my templar all day. As soon as an equally skilled magicka sorc or stamina nightblade or DK shows up though..

Yup. Whenever I see someone saying "player x destroys everybody as a templar", I immediately think "They must be very skilled. Imagine what they would be able to do with a Magicka Sorcerer".

Either way, my main issue with Templars is their lack of mobility. They have a lot of skills that keep them rooted or confined to a small area (or casting their shiny circles over and over as they run around because, you know, the combat in this game is action-based so lack of mobility kills you). I don't really like that. They can make Dark Flare burn people to the bones and I still won't be happy, because I want mobility.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • dimensional
    dimensional
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Abeille wrote: »
    Husan wrote: »

Yup. Whenever I see someone saying "player x destroys everybody as a templar", I immediately think "They must be very skilled. Imagine what they would be able to do with a Magicka Sorcerer".

Either way, my main issue with Templars is their lack of mobility. They have a lot of skills that keep them rooted or confined to a small area (or casting their shiny circles over and over as they run around because, you know, the combat in this game is action-based so lack of mobility kills you). I don't really like that. They can make Dark Flare burn people to the bones and I still won't be happy, because I want mobility.

A lot of those players who do extremely well with one class also play other classes, including magicka sorc. They aren't always better with the class that everyone thinks is better. Playstyle matters!
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cuyler wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno could you elaborate on the effect cross-faction trials will have on leaderboards? Will alliance still be represented on the boards?

Your alliance isn't actually changing, it'll just appear that way while you're in the Trial (code reasons). This won't affect the leaderboard at all; you'll still be listed as your proper, original alliance.
    Would it be possible to relook at Scathing Mage @ZOS_GinaBruno at the moment Julianos is only slightly better, I think Scathing Mage should be slightly better than it due to being a dropped item set incredibly hard to get. I'd love to farm these dungeons.
    Could we maybe look at adjusting it to 25% - 30%
    #MOREORBS
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ravalox wrote: »
    Has anyone been successful in launching the 64Bit PTS Client? It crashes on launch for me every time.

Yep it works for me. Windows 10.

Thanks; I'm on Win7 ... Anyone on Win7 get it to work?

Under Win7 64-bit, the 64-bit client works like a charm (apart from some graphic glitches), meanwhile I still have the same 0xc000007b error on launching the 64-bit client under Windows 10 64-bit.
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quests & Zones
    General
    • Players in all alliances can now travel by boat to Abah's Landing freely as long as you have access to the Thieves Guild DLC game pack.
    This is good, but please don't force the Thieves Guild skill line on everyone just because they enter Abah's Landing. People who would take the boat to Hew's Bane may want to avoid the Thieves Guild but still explore the zone, so they shouldn't be forced to have a skill line that they won't use. The skill line should be attached to completion of Partners in Crime, not arriving in Abah's Landing.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • dimensional
    dimensional
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Quests & Zones
    General
    • Players in all alliances can now travel by boat to Abah's Landing freely as long as you have access to the Thieves Guild DLC game pack.
    This is good, but please don't force the Thieves Guild skill line on everyone just because they enter Abah's Landing. People who would take the boat to Hew's Bane may want to avoid the Thieves Guild but still explore the zone, so they shouldn't be forced to have a skill line that they won't use. The skill line should be attached to completion of Partners in Crime, not arriving in Abah's Landing.

You only advance in the skill line through participation in the Thieves Guild itself, so you have nothing to worry about.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quests & Zones
    General
    You only advance in the skill line through participation in the Thieves Guild itself, so you have nothing to worry about.
    I know you do, but people may not want a useless empty skill line knocking around in the UI. Besides, it's counterintuitive to receive the skill line without ever joining the guild.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
  • dimensional
    dimensional
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quests & Zones
    General
    I know you do, but people may not want a useless empty skill line knocking around in the UI. Besides, it's counterintuitive to receive the skill line without ever joining the guild.

It's easily ignored and it barely takes up any screen real estate, I don't think this is much of a problem tbh. And you don't really receive the skill line in-as-much as it becomes unlocked.
  • Ravalox
    Ravalox
    ✭✭✭✭
    Idinuse wrote: »
    Has anyone been successful in launching the 64Bit PTS Client? It crashes on launch for me every time.

Yep it works for me. Windows 10.

Thanks; I'm on Win7 ... Anyone on Win7 get it to work?

Under Win7 64-bit, the 64-bit client works like a charm (apart from some graphic glitches), meanwhile I still have the same 0xc000007b error on launching the 64-bit client under Windows 10 64-bit.

Thanks... interesting, seems to still have some issues then; we'll have to keep an eye on it and be sure to report our issues. :smiley:
    Ravalox Darkshire
    Developer of Wykkyd ESO AddOns and Ravalox' AddOns
    Co-Founder Brotherhood of Redemption ESO Branch
    Brotherhood of Redemption (A DC faction guild) http://eso.borguild.com *Always accepting worldwide applications for the PC NA server*

A proud member of The Psijic Order - 0.016%
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quests & Zones
    General
    It's easily ignored and it barely takes up any screen real estate, I don't think this is much of a problem tbh. And you don't really receive the skill line in-as-much as it becomes unlocked.

Why should someone who never joins the Thieves Guild be stuck with a skill line they won't use and can never advance?

Why should someone who never joins the Thieves Guild be able to access Thieves Troves, which are supposedly a privilege set aside specifically for Guild members? Only Guild members should have access to Thieves Troves, not every Tom, [Richard] or Harry who happened to walk through Abah's Landing.
    Edited by Enodoc on March 1, 2016 12:34AM
  • dimensional
    dimensional
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why are there no toilets in Tamriel? Why do bards always sing the same 4 songs? Why are there two moons?

Answer: It's a video game. They aren't going to make every single little detail perfect or be able to make every single person happy with said details.
    Edited by dimensional on March 1, 2016 12:36AM
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno . There is little reason to buff the enemies and encounters of the new trial.
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno , I don't think that mobs which spawn from regular portals (different from mobs spawned by mechanics) ever have or can today drop collectibles. There has been something wrong with that collectible gaining in vDSA for ages and the issue has never gotten any acknowledgement
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
  • Zabus
    Zabus
    ✭✭✭✭
    FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS, BASE GAME PATCH

Alliance War
    Vendors
    • Fixed an issue where a pair of greaves sold by Adhazabi Aba-daro the Golden was appearing with the Divines trait instead of the intended Infused trait.

So is this vendor ONLY going to sell pieces in infused?
    Zavus - Khajiit Nightblade EP | AR 50
    Zāv - Imperial Templar | AR 24
    Zavbags - Argonian Nightblade EP | AR 19
    Zabus - Redguard Nightblade DC | AR 13
    Negate Three - Breton Sorcerer EP | AR 19
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno , can barrier please effect 12 people so that it is viable in trials groups? No more PVP nerfs that are bad for PVE
    Don't tank

• Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS, BASE GAME PATCH

Alliance War
    Vendors
    • Fixed an issue where a pair of greaves sold by Adhazabi Aba-daro the Golden was appearing with the Divines trait instead of the intended Infused trait.

So is this vendor ONLY going to sell pieces in infused?

@ZOS_GinaBruno , can you tell the devs not to screw up the best part of the thieves guild update (a chance to buy divines trait monster items)
    Don't tank

• david.haypreub18_ESO
    david.haypreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So ZOS is of the opinion that Templars are now good to go?

70+ pages of feedback would seem to suggest otherwise. But what do we know... we're just the people who actually play Templars.
    Templars are 'just slower... by design'
    Yes, Gina actually said that (at least regarding Rushed Ceremony) right here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/161959/templar-skills-bugged-made-useless-ignored/p24
    VR 16 Templar (retired until Templars get fixed)
    VR 16 Sorcerer
    38 Nightblade
    24 DK
  • TRoclodyte
    TRoclodyte
    ✭✭✭
    So ZOS is of the opinion that Templars are now good to go?

70+ pages of feedback would seem to suggest otherwise. But what do we know... we're just the people who actually play Templars.

Yep. Good to go.

I'm good to go away.
  • SymbioteKing26
    SymbioteKing26
    ✭✭✭
    What was the deal with the combat animations thing they refer to? Did I miss something? :S
    EP/ Breton Nightblade Healer. Is fond of cheese. And scamps.
  • SymbioteKing26
    SymbioteKing26
    ✭✭✭
    Ishammael wrote: »
    Combat Animations
    We have reverted the animation prioritization changes that were introduced in patch 2.3.0, and will release these changes once they’re ready. Combat animations will now work as they currently do on the Live megaservers.

Thank god. They need some substantial work.

Howdy! Could you please explain to me what animation prioritisation is? You sound knowledgeable :)
    EP/ Breton Nightblade Healer. Is fond of cheese. And scamps.
  • RoxyPhoenix
    RoxyPhoenix
    ✭✭✭✭
    The new content, whatever called however done is always nice to have, but it is not the thing ppl want most. What we want, what we need most is skills/items re-balance. 90% of threads in this forum section is about it. Dont you ppl at ZOS see that ? Every class has some skills that are broken, nonfunctional, or simply nerfed in to oblivion. Every skill tree in game got actives and passives that are completely useless or strait forward overpowered. These are the things you should be looking at, you should be fixing them with every regular maintenance and not periodically with upcoming DLCs. I dont care how hard it is, this is your job, do it!
  • Attackopsn
    Attackopsn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im glad to see that strife/sweeps/surge will now work on shields!
    ign: ATTACKO
    PS4 NA
    First NA Completion of VMoL Hard Mode

• NerfPlease
    NerfPlease
    ✭✭✭
    nice ignore from ZOs for my post...
    they show us how they do not want to public the not pleasure info for community, but prefer to keep it in secret!
    NerfPlease wrote: »
    Hey dear lady @ZOS_GinaBruno , i have few questions and clarifications about itemization in TG DLC regarding to all patchnotes and my PTS tests!

1) 3 rewamped old sets obtainable from Thieves Troves:
    • Night Mothers Embrace
    • Shadow Dancer
    • Darkstride
    they can be blue or purple quality, but not gold?
    important question because they have jewerly parts

2) why Reward for Worthy on PTS contains only sets, and only 6 new sets?
    it will change at live?
    because if not, we will lost alot of sets:
    this sets become avialable only from PVP-vendors and worthy rewards will not contain them?
    • the vengeance leech
    • the grace of the ancients
    • the eagle eye
    • the deadly strike
    • the blessing of the potentates
    • wrath of the imperium
    vr14 versions of this sets still will be avialable at the PVP-vendors for AP, but vr16 deleted from Worthy rewards?
    • vr16 Arch-Mage
    • vr16 Elf Bane
    • vr16 Juggernaut
    • vr16 Affliction
    • vr16 Crusader
    • vr16 Sentry
    • vr16 Alessian order
    • vr16 Kyne kiss

• Zheg
    Zheg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dude, there are 70+ pages of ignored templar posts - if you're already this frustrated over not getting a reply about gear sets, you'll never survive the ESO forums.