Update 24 and the Dragonhold DLC Game Pack are both now available for testing on the PTS! Experience the amazing conclusion to the Season of the Dragon saga. You can read the full patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/493609/ 
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 17,  4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] Xbox One: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 17,  4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®4: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 17,  4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 5.2.0 is available. You can read the full patch notes: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/493609

Delay TG until it's ready - too many bugs

  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »
    Kilandros wrote: »
    They can't delay because BDO is launching around the same time.

    Had no idea about BDO... just checked it out and it looks pretty sweet.

    I played in the last closed beta. The games has a lot of both good and bad. The combat is awesome and rewards skill. But the UI is horrendous.

    That being said, game performance was awesome and a million times better than ESO's beta. For that reason alone I'm optimistic about it.
    Invictus
    Kilandros - Dragonknight / Grand Overlord
    Deimos - Templar / Grand Warlord
    Sias - Sorcerer / Prefect
    Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

    DK IS NOT JUST A TANK CLASS. #PLAYTHEWAYYOUWANT
  • Husan
    Husan
    ✭✭✭
    Kilandros wrote: »
    ADarklore wrote: »
    Kilandros wrote: »
    They can't delay because BDO is launching around the same time.

    Had no idea about BDO... just checked it out and it looks pretty sweet.

    I played in the last closed beta. The games has a lot of both good and bad. The combat is awesome and rewards skill. But the UI is horrendous.

    That being said, game performance was awesome and a million times better than ESO's beta. For that reason alone I'm optimistic about it.

    My ESO+ subscription ran out a few days ago. I took my credit card, and.. preordered BDO. I'm really hyped for it. I'd be hyped for ESO too if there was anything good coming out in the next few months. The way things are heading I probably won't look back to ESO until arenas are implemented. Hopefully by then classes will be atleast somewhat balanced.
    [PC][EU][EP][Wabbajack]
    Eir Light-Bringer, nord templar
  • Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    I agree, however the monster set vendor works perfectly. Please push that to live ASAP.

    So everyone can buy v1 helms lol STAT!!
    Casualty

    THIS IS WHY ELE DRAIN AND ORBS ARE IMPORTANT IF YOU'RE A HEALER see reply below from DK who cleared Sanctum Hard Mode with 5 Player Group
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/241875/5-man-so-hm-hf
    Islyn wrote: »
    That whips DK though - love the mana Not Being Empty!

    I would LOVE some tips! I tend to burn through my mana TOO FAST (I use same rotation etc) and I am not sure what I am doing wrong?

    Any advice from that DK would be SO appreciated!
    YoloWizard wrote: »
    Well, I don't probably do anything different than you its all about the healer you run with. @Kathrein was applying elemental drain and throwing mystic orbs from time to time to synergies. Other than that I would be at 0 magicka all the time
    ZOS?
    Member of the Old Guard - Closed Betas 2013
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Husan wrote: »
    Kilandros wrote: »
    ADarklore wrote: »
    Kilandros wrote: »
    They can't delay because BDO is launching around the same time.

    Had no idea about BDO... just checked it out and it looks pretty sweet.

    I played in the last closed beta. The games has a lot of both good and bad. The combat is awesome and rewards skill. But the UI is horrendous.

    That being said, game performance was awesome and a million times better than ESO's beta. For that reason alone I'm optimistic about it.

    My ESO+ subscription ran out a few days ago. I took my credit card, and.. preordered BDO. I'm really hyped for it. I'd be hyped for ESO too if there was anything good coming out in the next few months. The way things are heading I probably won't look back to ESO until arenas are implemented. Hopefully by then classes will be atleast somewhat balanced.

    ESO will never be balanced and it'll never be the game we want it to be. It's been fun, but this isn't the MMO for the next 5 years.

    Another cool thing about BDO is that it's fully open world--and it's huge. It's truly the sandbox MMO that ESO should have been.
    Edited by Kilandros on February 24, 2016 7:50PM
    Invictus
    Kilandros - Dragonknight / Grand Overlord
    Deimos - Templar / Grand Warlord
    Sias - Sorcerer / Prefect
    Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

    DK IS NOT JUST A TANK CLASS. #PLAYTHEWAYYOUWANT
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    andy.s wrote: »
    Every big update first 2 weeks is always like alpha testing :D

    Just think of it like a Steam early access game. >:)
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • ajwest927
    ajwest927
    ✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    Do they have a planned release date for TG? 1 march?

    March 07 for pc
    March 22 for xbox one
    March 23 ps4
  • Pangnirtung
    Pangnirtung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It took almost three months for ZOS to fix the NPCs appearing in the ceiling at Skalar's Hostel in Wrothgar and while in groups doing world bosses I am stuck in long load screens after who knows how many bug reports I have filed.

    It seems to me that TG will be released on the promised date bugs and all and will be fixed AFTER we have paid for it.
  • Farorin
    Farorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, I would rather have a playable, but somewhat buggy product, than no product.

    I don't see what the problem is if they release it.
  • Farorin
    Farorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you say buggy are we talking the disaster that imperial city was on release or the fairly ok with just a couple of issues orsinium release, or somewhere in between?

    Imperial City was a disaster for much more reasons than the bugs. The biggest reason it was a disaster was that it was advertised as a PVP DLC, yet there is literally NO actual PVP content, so the PVP crowd was super dissapointed, the PVE crowd hated it because PVP was enabled and they all seem to have really hardcore problems coping with the concept of wins and losses.

    It is my sincere hope, that they go back to IC to make it attractive, because I am very dissapointed that I spent my money on it.
  • Husan
    Husan
    ✭✭✭
    Farorin wrote: »
    When you say buggy are we talking the disaster that imperial city was on release or the fairly ok with just a couple of issues orsinium release, or somewhere in between?

    Imperial City was a disaster for much more reasons than the bugs. The biggest reason it was a disaster was that it was advertised as a PVP DLC, yet there is literally NO actual PVP content, so the PVP crowd was super dissapointed, the PVE crowd hated it because PVP was enabled and they all seem to have really hardcore problems coping with the concept of wins and losses.

    It is my sincere hope, that they go back to IC to make it attractive, because I am very dissapointed that I spent my money on it.

    It's a known fact IC was published before it was actually finished. Does anyone remember the talks about capturable districts? I do. They ran out of time, so they released it without many of the features that should have been in it to make it an actual small scale PvP paradise it was advertised to be. But apparently it is OK for the game developers to release half finished products to cash in and never look back. I've played in the early days of ESO and paid a subscription for what should have been a beta. They fixed most of the issues since then because it was the profitable thing to do (retaining customers for the subscription they had back then and later on increasing playerbase for future DLCs). Finishing the IC content is not profitable, so I don't think they will ever spend the resources and manpower to actually do it. They will instead focus on the arenas, which will be a huge revenue increase from players that will buy that DLC.
    Edited by Husan on February 24, 2016 11:36PM
    [PC][EU][EP][Wabbajack]
    Eir Light-Bringer, nord templar
  • ajwest927
    ajwest927
    ✭✭✭
    Farorin wrote: »
    Honestly, I would rather have a playable, but somewhat buggy product, than no product.

    I don't see what the problem is if they release it.

    You and people like you are the reason why most game developers are doing the release now patch later trend
  • Farorin
    Farorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Husan wrote: »
    Farorin wrote: »
    When you say buggy are we talking the disaster that imperial city was on release or the fairly ok with just a couple of issues orsinium release, or somewhere in between?

    Imperial City was a disaster for much more reasons than the bugs. The biggest reason it was a disaster was that it was advertised as a PVP DLC, yet there is literally NO actual PVP content, so the PVP crowd was super dissapointed, the PVE crowd hated it because PVP was enabled and they all seem to have really hardcore problems coping with the concept of wins and losses.

    It is my sincere hope, that they go back to IC to make it attractive, because I am very dissapointed that I spent my money on it.

    It's a known fact IC was published before it was actually finished. Does anyone remember the talks about capturable districts? I do. They ran out of time, so they released it without many of the features that should have been in it to make it an actual small scale PvP paradise it was advertised to be. But apparently it is OK for the game developers to release half finished products to cash in and never look back. I've played in the early days of ESO and paid a subscription for what should have been a beta. They fixed most of the issues since then because it was the profitable thing to do (retaining customers for the subscription they had back then and later on increasing playerbase for future DLCs). Finishing the IC content is not profitable, so I don't think they will ever spend the resources and manpower to actually do it. They will instead focus on the arenas, which will be a huge revenue increase from players that will buy that DLC.

    Yeah I was here since beta as well, and I hear you loud and clear. I pretty much agree with everything you said. My point is that IC flopped because it was crap, not because of bugs. There is a difference in releasing an unfinished product, and a finished, but somewhat buggy product.

    I'm cool with a few bugs, so long as it is playable and they aren't game breaking, and so long as the product intself is a fun and worthwhile one.
  • lordrichter
    lordrichter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Farorin wrote: »
    Husan wrote: »
    Farorin wrote: »
    When you say buggy are we talking the disaster that imperial city was on release or the fairly ok with just a couple of issues orsinium release, or somewhere in between?

    Imperial City was a disaster for much more reasons than the bugs. The biggest reason it was a disaster was that it was advertised as a PVP DLC, yet there is literally NO actual PVP content, so the PVP crowd was super dissapointed, the PVE crowd hated it because PVP was enabled and they all seem to have really hardcore problems coping with the concept of wins and losses.

    It is my sincere hope, that they go back to IC to make it attractive, because I am very dissapointed that I spent my money on it.

    It's a known fact IC was published before it was actually finished. Does anyone remember the talks about capturable districts? I do. They ran out of time, so they released it without many of the features that should have been in it to make it an actual small scale PvP paradise it was advertised to be. But apparently it is OK for the game developers to release half finished products to cash in and never look back. I've played in the early days of ESO and paid a subscription for what should have been a beta. They fixed most of the issues since then because it was the profitable thing to do (retaining customers for the subscription they had back then and later on increasing playerbase for future DLCs). Finishing the IC content is not profitable, so I don't think they will ever spend the resources and manpower to actually do it. They will instead focus on the arenas, which will be a huge revenue increase from players that will buy that DLC.

    Yeah I was here since beta as well, and I hear you loud and clear. I pretty much agree with everything you said. My point is that IC flopped because it was crap, not because of bugs. There is a difference in releasing an unfinished product, and a finished, but somewhat buggy product.

    I'm cool with a few bugs, so long as it is playable and they aren't game breaking, and so long as the product intself is a fun and worthwhile one.

    First, it is not a known fact that IC published early and they scaled back the features to get it out earlier. I am thinking it is the opposite. For a subscription MMO, the free Imperial City update could be a smaller thing that appealed to PVP players. As a DLC, it had to be something worth charging for and had to appeal to more than the Cyrodiil crowd. Back in 2014, they probably decided that they needed redesign to appeal to the PVE base more and that the district capturing was just another type of PVP keep to take. I think they liked the idea of street warfare with the daedra and other PVP players. That sounds too chaotic for PVE, so I think the sewers were expanded for PVE. Tel Var stones replaced the district warfare for PVP players by pitting player against player while making an incentive currency for PVE players. I think the expectation is that the players of the Imperial City will be people who enjoy both PVE and PVP and will partake in both.

    If Imperial City can be considered a failure, it is simply due to the player base not wanting a mixed PVP - PVE setting. I think that they delivered pretty much what they wanted to deliver and that it meets what they wanted to do with it. I just don't think it was what the bulk of the players wanted.

    Edit: Do not want to imply that IC is actually a failure. I have no interest in it, but a lot of people chatter on about it, so it probably is only a failure to some people, not everyone.
    Edited by lordrichter on February 25, 2016 2:44AM
    PC North America since March 2014
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say NO to Crown Crates!
    I collect free, unopened, virgin Crown Crates! 331, so far!

  • Animal_Mother
    Animal_Mother
    ✭✭✭✭
    andy.s wrote: »
    Every big update first 2 weeks is always like alpha testing :D

    Just think of it like a Steam early access game. >:)

    2 years is a little long for Steam early access.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kilandros wrote: »
    ADarklore wrote: »
    Kilandros wrote: »
    They can't delay because BDO is launching around the same time.

    Had no idea about BDO... just checked it out and it looks pretty sweet.

    I played in the last closed beta. The games has a lot of both good and bad. The combat is awesome and rewards skill. But the UI is horrendous.

    That being said, game performance was awesome and a million times better than ESO's beta. For that reason alone I'm optimistic about it.

    Having just spent an hour playing BDO, I can say... when I first started ESO I was blown away by how awesome the graphics were, how realistic the world was... when I started playing BDO, I was equally blown away, but in the opposite way... how AWFUL the graphics and realism of the world is. Perhaps if you think the real world is akin to a Japanese Anime, then you might like it.. but playing on a 59" HDTV I can say IMO the graphics of BDO are horrible in comparison to ESO. Further, talking to an NPC- their voiced lines do not match your text conversation and I was constantly thinking WTH does their dialogue have to do with the text. IMO you can definitely tell this is a ported game from the Asian market... and yeah, the UI is horrible and so many 'features' that have no explanation I was completely lost trying to figure out what I was supposed to do in the quests- as randomly the arrowed path that leads you to your next objective would disappear. But then again, quests aren't the what BDO is about, it's about grinding mobs over and over and over again (and mobs we're talking endless numbers)... I just began to feel like there wasn't really a 'purpose' for being in the game because the story was so horrible. Perhaps there was a lot lost in the translation, literally, but I'm beginning to see why I had never heard of this game before I saw someone mention it here in the forums. Even a friend who is a major PC gamer, said that he'd never heard of it, and he pays attention to what is going on in the gaming world.
    Started ESO: May 2015-Quit: Sept 2018
    PC-NA AD
    Champion Points: 1004
    ESO+
    Morrowind/Summerset
    ** Strictly a solo PvE quester **
  • Zaldan
    Zaldan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Given how many bugs have already been fixed according to pts patch notes are they coding this *** blindfold or what? I dont expect perfect but come on lol
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
    Niidro tiid wah fusvok dirkah.

    aka.@Cuthceol
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »
    Kilandros wrote: »
    ADarklore wrote: »
    Kilandros wrote: »
    They can't delay because BDO is launching around the same time.

    Had no idea about BDO... just checked it out and it looks pretty sweet.

    I played in the last closed beta. The games has a lot of both good and bad. The combat is awesome and rewards skill. But the UI is horrendous.

    That being said, game performance was awesome and a million times better than ESO's beta. For that reason alone I'm optimistic about it.

    Having just spent an hour playing BDO, I can say... when I first started ESO I was blown away by how awesome the graphics were, how realistic the world was... when I started playing BDO, I was equally blown away, but in the opposite way... how AWFUL the graphics and realism of the world is. Perhaps if you think the real world is akin to a Japanese Anime, then you might like it.. but playing on a 59" HDTV I can say IMO the graphics of BDO are horrible in comparison to ESO. Further, talking to an NPC- their voiced lines do not match your text conversation and I was constantly thinking WTH does their dialogue have to do with the text. IMO you can definitely tell this is a ported game from the Asian market... and yeah, the UI is horrible and so many 'features' that have no explanation I was completely lost trying to figure out what I was supposed to do in the quests- as randomly the arrowed path that leads you to your next objective would disappear. But then again, quests aren't the what BDO is about, it's about grinding mobs over and over and over again (and mobs we're talking endless numbers)... I just began to feel like there wasn't really a 'purpose' for being in the game because the story was so horrible. Perhaps there was a lot lost in the translation, literally, but I'm beginning to see why I had never heard of this game before I saw someone mention it here in the forums. Even a friend who is a major PC gamer, said that he'd never heard of it, and he pays attention to what is going on in the gaming world.

    Legitimate complaints, but BDO is running smooth at launch whereas ESO did not. Also, BDO isn't a theme park MMO like ESO--it's focused on a truly open world and on an innovative combat system.

    It's interesting though that you lament the voice acting in BDO. ESO blew an enormous amount of its development budget on famous voice actors and fully voice acted NPCs--budget that, presumably, could have been put toward ironing out the bugs or adding content. Obviously MMOs have a limited budget so they are able to do some things but not others. The question then is what's more important to you: A hollowed-out shell of a game with impressive voice acting or a stable combat-oriented game with wonky and annoying voice acting?
    Invictus
    Kilandros - Dragonknight / Grand Overlord
    Deimos - Templar / Grand Warlord
    Sias - Sorcerer / Prefect
    Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

    DK IS NOT JUST A TANK CLASS. #PLAYTHEWAYYOUWANT
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to agree with the OP, especially on the performance issues. The first thing I noticed when I logged onto the PTS was a significant drop in frame rates and performance. I was hoping that most of those issues would be corrected by the 64-bit PC client, but apparently that's not the case. If this goes live in it's current form I'm afraid ZOS will open up a hornets nest.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kilandros wrote: »
    Legitimate complaints, but BDO is running smooth at launch whereas ESO did not. Also, BDO isn't a theme park MMO like ESO--it's focused on a truly open world and on an innovative combat system.

    It's interesting though that you lament the voice acting in BDO. ESO blew an enormous amount of its development budget on famous voice actors and fully voice acted NPCs--budget that, presumably, could have been put toward ironing out the bugs or adding content. Obviously MMOs have a limited budget so they are able to do some things but not others. The question then is what's more important to you: A hollowed-out shell of a game with impressive voice acting or a stable combat-oriented game with wonky and annoying voice acting?

    Smooth at launch? Have you read the complaints on their forums?!?

    I care more about a 'good looking' game, not a "welcome to an anime world" game. The character creation is horrible, check out the YouTube videos... compared to ESO's options, BDO is a huge step backwards even there. ESO has a few bugs, but nothing I've found to be game-breaking. While I may have grown a bit bored with ESO as of late, having tried BDO has made me appreciate ESO even more. ;)
    Started ESO: May 2015-Quit: Sept 2018
    PC-NA AD
    Champion Points: 1004
    ESO+
    Morrowind/Summerset
    ** Strictly a solo PvE quester **
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »
    Kilandros wrote: »
    Legitimate complaints, but BDO is running smooth at launch whereas ESO did not. Also, BDO isn't a theme park MMO like ESO--it's focused on a truly open world and on an innovative combat system.

    It's interesting though that you lament the voice acting in BDO. ESO blew an enormous amount of its development budget on famous voice actors and fully voice acted NPCs--budget that, presumably, could have been put toward ironing out the bugs or adding content. Obviously MMOs have a limited budget so they are able to do some things but not others. The question then is what's more important to you: A hollowed-out shell of a game with impressive voice acting or a stable combat-oriented game with wonky and annoying voice acting?

    Smooth at launch? Have you read the complaints on their forums?!?

    I care more about a 'good looking' game, not a "welcome to an anime world" game. The character creation is horrible, check out the YouTube videos... compared to ESO's options, BDO is a huge step backwards even there. ESO has a few bugs, but nothing I've found to be game-breaking. While I may have grown a bit bored with ESO as of late, having tried BDO has made me appreciate ESO even more. ;)

    You must not have played ESO at launch. Literally 2/3 of all quests were broken. They were broken in the final Beta and we reported it. They were broken at launch. There were so many broken questions that AD players, for example, couldn't progress along their main storyline to leave Auridon for Grahtwood and were stuck in Auridon for weeks. Weeks.

    We had entire zones crash and somehow trap our players in some kind of intergalactic black hole from which extraction was apparently impossible for days and days. We couldn't log in and had to play alts (those of us who continued to play at all).

    Some basic quests, such as the racing frogs of Skywatch, proved so head-scratchingly difficult for the developers to fix that they finally just de-activated the quests for the better part of a year.

    All of this was, of course, a pleasant experience for those who could actually log in. Countless players were unable to access the servers entirely.

    So trust me, BDO's launch is a herculean success compared to what ESO went through at launch. And if BDO's stability is any indication of its developers talent, then you can expect BDO to siphon a lot of ESO players regardless of who prefers what graphics and why.
    Invictus
    Kilandros - Dragonknight / Grand Overlord
    Deimos - Templar / Grand Warlord
    Sias - Sorcerer / Prefect
    Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

    DK IS NOT JUST A TANK CLASS. #PLAYTHEWAYYOUWANT
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kilandros wrote: »
    They can't delay because BDO is launching around the same time. Game developers know that anytime a player downloads a new game just to try, there's a good chance that player isn't coming back.

    There's a reason why all of our major patches/DLCs have coincided along launches/Xpacs of other titles. Does the content of ESO suffer for it? Probably.

    Uh, maybe the reason is that there are major launches all the time? Move TG to April and something else will be launching.
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    DaveMoeDee wrote: »
    Kilandros wrote: »
    They can't delay because BDO is launching around the same time. Game developers know that anytime a player downloads a new game just to try, there's a good chance that player isn't coming back.

    There's a reason why all of our major patches/DLCs have coincided along launches/Xpacs of other titles. Does the content of ESO suffer for it? Probably.

    Uh, maybe the reason is that there are major launches all the time? Move TG to April and something else will be launching.

    Lol, there aren't "major" launches all the time. That just isn't true.
    Invictus
    Kilandros - Dragonknight / Grand Overlord
    Deimos - Templar / Grand Warlord
    Sias - Sorcerer / Prefect
    Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

    DK IS NOT JUST A TANK CLASS. #PLAYTHEWAYYOUWANT
  • Husan
    Husan
    ✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »
    Smooth at launch? Have you read the complaints on their forums?!?
    I haven't read the complaints on the forums, too busy enjoying the game :D. I know there are some people not recieving their preorder bonuses (mine took 12 hours to arrive too, but honestly it's not that big of a deal).

    Overall, the launch has been a fantastic success so far. That's a fact you cannot deny. There have been 0 queues to log in thus far, which is a first for me in any MMO. However, the bulk of the players are going to start playing tomorrow as the travellers pack preoders get their access unlocked. So what would really impress me if everything went smoothly tomorrow, which will be the real test. Also I haven't experienced a single bug. Those that I saw in beta are all fixed. To be fair though, BDO is a game that was already released for some while in Korea, Japan and Russia. So it's not like this is their first rodeo, which definetly was a factor in the catastrophe that was the ESO launch.
    ADarklore wrote: »
    I care more about a 'good looking' game, not a "welcome to an anime world" game. The character creation is horrible, check out the YouTube videos... compared to ESO's options, BDO is a huge step backwards even there.

    The visual styles between games surely are different, and whether one is superior to other is something that is purely objective. Most people agree that BDO is beautiful though. I also prefer ESOs style, but I like BDOs graphics as well, eventhough I don't fancy the asian style of graphics and characters in games. And by the way, the character creator is amazing. Just google some examples to see what it's capable of.

    Edited by Husan on February 29, 2016 9:41PM
    [PC][EU][EP][Wabbajack]
    Eir Light-Bringer, nord templar
  • Shader_Shibes
    Shader_Shibes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »
    The character creation is horrible, check out the YouTube videos... compared to ESO's options, BDO is a huge step backwards even there.

    59874592.jpg
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kilandros wrote: »
    So trust me, BDO's launch is a herculean success compared to what ESO went through at launch. And if BDO's stability is any indication of its developers talent, then you can expect BDO to siphon a lot of ESO players regardless of who prefers what graphics and why.

    Funny because I seriously doubt BDO will have any type of success that ESO has enjoyed. I started playing ESO a year ago, have not had any major problems with the game during that time. BDO does not have the fan base that the Elder Scrolls series does, and considering- like I've mentioned before- I have not found ANY people who have heard of BDO outside of these forums.
    Edited by ADarklore on February 29, 2016 10:04PM
    Started ESO: May 2015-Quit: Sept 2018
    PC-NA AD
    Champion Points: 1004
    ESO+
    Morrowind/Summerset
    ** Strictly a solo PvE quester **
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »
    Kilandros wrote: »
    So trust me, BDO's launch is a herculean success compared to what ESO went through at launch. And if BDO's stability is any indication of its developers talent, then you can expect BDO to siphon a lot of ESO players regardless of who prefers what graphics and why.

    Funny because I seriously doubt BDO will have any type of success that ESO has enjoyed. I started playing ESO a year ago, have not had any major problems with the game during that time. BDO does not have the fan base that the Elder Scrolls series does, and considering- like I've mentioned before- I have not found ANY people who have heard of BDO outside of these forums.

    I first heard of it in the this thread. Looks interesting. I'm not looking for second MMO though.
    Edited by DaveMoeDee on February 29, 2016 10:19PM
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »
    Kilandros wrote: »
    So trust me, BDO's launch is a herculean success compared to what ESO went through at launch. And if BDO's stability is any indication of its developers talent, then you can expect BDO to siphon a lot of ESO players regardless of who prefers what graphics and why.

    Funny because I seriously doubt BDO will have any type of success that ESO has enjoyed. I started playing ESO a year ago, have not had any major problems with the game during that time. BDO does not have the fan base that the Elder Scrolls series does, and considering- like I've mentioned before- I have not found ANY people who have heard of BDO outside of these forums.

    What success has ESO enjoyed? They had to drop the subscription model in favor of a cash shop (contracting their promises that ESO was not compatible with a cash shop) because the sub wasn't pulling in enough revenue after the first year. That should tell you everything you need to know - that since launch, ESO has been losing rather than acquiring players.

    An MMO is like any other business; it's either growing or it's shrinking. This one has been shrinking since launch. You've only been playing for a year, but it used to be that the PvP campaigns were all pop locked during primetime. They've since had to remove campaigns and they can't even fill the remaining ones.

    I've wanted to love this game as much as any other ESO fans. I've given 2 years to it. But this game is shrinking and has never really met its expectations. I expect Zenimax to milk it for a few more years while content becomes less and less frequent.
    Invictus
    Kilandros - Dragonknight / Grand Overlord
    Deimos - Templar / Grand Warlord
    Sias - Sorcerer / Prefect
    Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

    DK IS NOT JUST A TANK CLASS. #PLAYTHEWAYYOUWANT
  • Tiphis
    Tiphis
    ✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »
    Kilandros wrote: »
    So trust me, BDO's launch is a herculean success compared to what ESO went through at launch. And if BDO's stability is any indication of its developers talent, then you can expect BDO to siphon a lot of ESO players regardless of who prefers what graphics and why.

    Funny because I seriously doubt BDO will have any type of success that ESO has enjoyed. I started playing ESO a year ago, have not had any major problems with the game during that time. BDO does not have the fan base that the Elder Scrolls series does, and considering- like I've mentioned before- I have not found ANY people who have heard of BDO outside of these forums.

    Most of Eso's "success" lays in the fact that a lot of people liked the previous games. Just because people buy it and play it because the like the elder scrolls universe doesn't necessarily make it a good game.

    As far as major bugs go, I'm still annoyed with the 5+ min loading screens in cyrodil. You have to restart the game or wait awhile, of course I have to admit I've never had an easier time 1v 17 than when they are all stuck in a loading screen :smiley:
  • Ra'Shtar
    Ra'Shtar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my most honest and humble opinion they should test new DLC's 2 months before release not 1, its not enough time to change things.
    Some of my favorite screenshots
    My opinions and posts are mostly on a PvE setting.
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too bad UO doesn't have eso graphics and combat,winner winner chicken dinner
    Raising floors and lower ceilings by zos standards has created an iron maiden.
    No matter how well you played,when the game is over,the king and pawn go back in the same box.
    Be careful what you ask for from zo$, you always get punished.
    Call me toxic,your the one being slowly poisoned by greed.
Sign In or Register to comment.