Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Molten Weapons: Make +40% Heavy Attack Damage Baseline

Kilandros
Kilandros
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Both morphs should have this bonus in addition to what is currently given on the PTS. On Live, Stam users tend to benefit the most from the bonus to heavy attacks. It's nonsense that the Magicka morph is the only one to get the bonus.
Invictus
Kilandros - Dragonknight / Grand Overlord
Deimos - Templar / Grand Warlord
Sias - Sorcerer / Prefect
Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

DK IS NOT JUST A TANK CLASS. #PLAYTHEWAYYOUWANT
  • Targuris
    Targuris
    ✭✭✭
    I agree or at least 20% and make armemants 40%
  • jbradley1989b14_ESO
    It's only complete heavy attacks right? If so id be for this.

I agree that it sucks it's only for magicka, but if it counts for weaving, WB would become to strong (And while I don't use it, I'm one that thinks WB is fairly well balanced).
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    100% agree.

The only correct morph for this skill is the 40% bonus damage, I have no idea how major brutality is even a player when you can get it from two different weapon abilities (at least one of which you're probably going to use anyway no questions asked) plus potions. And never mind that it's a group buff, either, absolutely everyone is already running their own major brutality and sorcery, they're not going to switch out a skill hoping that you'll be alive to give it to them.

For real though, what kind of stam DK isn't taking Molten Armaments still, even though it's the "magicka morph"? You're already doing 2-handed and both morphs of Momentum are worth keeping on your bar because they each do something delightful, no way you're swapping out for the Major Brutality morph of Molten Armaments, am I right? The absolute only reason to run this skill is the heavy attack bonus damage. Used to be for the bonus damage and the execute, but hey, apparently that's not our thing now, for some reason.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Or maybe molten armaments gets changed back to a execute cause this "homogenizing" or what ever ZOS is calling it is stupid.
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should make 40% on fully charged heavy attacks baseline then have the morphs differ from providing either major sorcery or major brutality. I cannot state firmly enough how much I am in support of such a change.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They should make 40% on fully charged heavy attacks baseline then have the morphs differ from providing either major sorcery or major brutality. I cannot state firmly enough how much I am in support of such a change.

Well if that's the case then the one that grant major brute has got to be stamina morph but as ZOS said...

"No more stamina morphs cause you have weapon skills".
  • infraction2008b16_ESO
    infraction2008b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kilandros wrote: »
    Both morphs should have this bonus in addition to what is currently given on the PTS. On Live, Stam users tend to benefit the most from the bonus to heavy attacks. It's nonsense that the Magicka morph is the only one to get the bonus.

Well technically they are both magicka morphs (they only use the magicka pool) but as they are buffs they both apply to stamina users. If you ignore the major sorcery buff, you'll see the igneous is basically rally without the heal which is useful for when you want major brutality without wasting potions, molten armaments on the other hand is best for when you do have weapon power potions and just want the increased heavy attack damage and will be the go to morph for trial/dungeon builds.

I do agree though in general ZoS seems to be shunning stamina builds over choices of class abilities however molten weapons isn't the issue here.

With igneous though, what might be good is if it was something like power surge in where your crits heal you while the buff is active.
    Edited by infraction2008b16_ESO on February 24, 2016 12:51AM
  • Targuris
    Targuris
    ✭✭✭
    It's just unfortunate they had the chance to make this skill really good for Stam builds but dropped the ball
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No one will use this ability. There are much better options to apply empowerment or sorcery buffs.

40% bonus on fully charged heavy attacks? Who does fully charged heavy attacks? You will loose DPS both in PVE and PVP if you fully load your heavy attacks - 40% bonus will not change that - it will be like a WB but without CC and damage bonus...

This ability is currently used only because of the one shot bow builds - and this is going away.

No one will use it.
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This ability on live right now is good for stamina DK builds

after live its annoying as hell that they basically put the 40% damage bonus on only the Major Sorcery one.
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Actually I want my execute back still, don't much care for the major-category buffs. :-(
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didgerion wrote: »
    No one will use this ability. There are much better options to apply empowerment or sorcery buffs.

40% bonus on fully charged heavy attacks? Who does fully charged heavy attacks? You will loose DPS both in PVE and PVP if you fully load your heavy attacks - 40% bonus will not change that - it will be like a WB but without CC and damage bonus...

This ability is currently used only because of the one shot bow builds - and this is going away.

No one will use it.

This is incorrect, the 40% heavy attack bonus is useful in PvE and PvP, though thanks to Maelstrom weapons a more optimal stam build exists involving dots for PvE. In PvP, though? It's wonderful. Even without the execute, on PTS I was still doing 10k heavy attacks or so with the 40% bonus damage. This is good in both solo and group settings, as in groups there are occasions where you really need to single-target someone like a healer or a leader, so the extra damage can help burst them down before their healers can get to them. On live, I use the execute morph for this plus to take out those permablocking superhealers with like 50k health and all kinds of mitigation that just don't seem to die. Nothing says "please stop" like a 40k crit against an otherwise unkillable low-health target.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
  • LorDrek
    LorDrek
    ✭✭✭
    Recremen wrote: »
    Didgerion wrote: »

No one will use it.

This is incorrect, the 40% heavy attack bonus is useful in PvE and PvP, though thanks to Maelstrom weapons a more optimal stam build exists involving dots for PvE. In PvP, though? It's wonderful. Even without the execute, on PTS I was still doing 10k heavy attacks or so with the 40% bonus damage. This is good in both solo and group settings, as in groups there are occasions where you really need to single-target someone like a healer or a leader, so the extra damage can help burst them down before their healers can get to them. On live, I use the execute morph for this plus to take out those permablocking superhealers with like 50k health and all kinds of mitigation that just don't seem to die. Nothing says "please stop" like a 40k crit against an otherwise unkillable low-health target.
    Usefull is now, with tg willbe crap, i have no reason to use the skill reduce my dps.
    Imperial DK stamDPS, Nord DK magTANK
    YDoA CZ/SK Guild
    @LorDrek