The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

PTS Patch Notes v2.3.3

• Woeler
    Woeler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ra'Shtar wrote: »
    • The Shadow Slayer achievement will no longer award credit to all group members in the Trial; instead, it will just award credit to the player character that lands the killing blow on a Void Caller, as originally intended.

Well this is like giving the middle finger to tanks and healers so please change this not everything revolves around the dps you know.

Exactly this.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Quests
    • Cleaning House:
      • This quest is now available immediately after completing "Partners in Crime."
    Does this affect any of the other quests' requirements? Or are they still each tied to successive Guild ranks? Does this mean that there is no quest unlocked at Guild Rank 2 any more?
    You'll get Guild Rank 2 after you complete Partners in Crime, which then unlocks Cleaning House.
    Hmm, ok, I guess that's one way to do it :stuck_out_tongue: Either Rank 1 has become really short, or the amount of Rep you get for a story quest has been significantly bumped this time around.

I still think it would make more sense to not get the skill line at all until completing Partners in Crime. It's supposed to be for Thieves Guild members, not any old adventurer who wanders into Abah's Landing.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Weapon
    • Bow
      • Hawk Eye: This passive ability has been redesigned, and no longer increases the damage of your Bow abilities against off-balance enemies. It now increases the damage of your Bow abilities by 2/5% for 4 seconds after each successful Light or Heavy Attack, stacking up to 3 times.

Thank you!

CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Hey, Focused Charge is working a lot better on the PTS now. I am not getting any skill lockouts when bar swapping that I have noticed. The main remaining issue is the pathing problem. Is it at all possible to get any kind of update on that?
    Edited by timidobserver on February 23, 2016 12:21AM
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Valrien
    Valrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Xeven wrote: »
    Sorcs all over Tamriel be like

4e2d838beddc6c698b002c8b.jpg

So much this.

BUFF SORC SUSTAINED DPS
    Valrien Dravic -- Level 50 Dunmeri Sorcerer (EP)
    Garahel Dravic -- Level 50 Bosmeri Nightblade (EP)
    Tamriel Unlimited was a mistake. One Tamriel was a bigger mistake
  • Valrien
    Valrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Still see that theirs no changes to make Meteor reflectable again.

Times running out ZOS.

They said they're not going back on it. @Forestd16b14_ESO
    Valrien Dravic -- Level 50 Dunmeri Sorcerer (EP)
    Garahel Dravic -- Level 50 Bosmeri Nightblade (EP)
    Tamriel Unlimited was a mistake. One Tamriel was a bigger mistake
  • Ra'Shtar
    Ra'Shtar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To buff the sorc sustained dps they would need to nerf the burst damage.
    Some of my favorite screenshots
    My opinions and posts are mostly on a PvE setting.
  • avelopolcakb14a_ESO
    ZOS_Finn wrote: »
    • The Shadow Slayer achievement will no longer award credit to all group members in the Trial; instead, it will just award credit to the player character that lands the killing blow on a Void Caller, as originally intended.

Well this is like giving the middle finger to tanks and healers so please change this not everything revolves around the dps you know.

The intent behind this achievement is to encourage a broader range of players venturing into the Dark Behind the World to earn credit. We realize that tanks and healers will find this achievement a bit more challenging with the recent change, but we want this achievement to require a fair bit of coordination, communication, and teamwork. It will be tougher, yes, but not impossible. We can definitely take a look at the achievement and how it is completed.

The issue is that unless a healer is needed in there they won't go inside you can't simply risk that,

beyond that it would mean having to slot several dps skills making us take away a few support abilities from our bars just to get that achievement.

they don't want different groups doing this. How could homogenizing the achievement to be available only to only those who get the final blow create what they are suggesting? Do you think tanks should bring an execute and stop the flow of combat just to get the last hit? How about healers do this, have to stop healing momentarily placing the entire group at risk, just to get the final blow?

ZOS, get your head out of your ass. Why do you keep pushing this dps race with every class? Taking away tanking healing, giving boosts to burst damage and then making op gear sets? You're turning the game into the worst kind of mundane skill spam fest with no skill involvement.

• CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I want to chime in again about the achievement being locked behind killing blows. That is a very bad call. What you are telling players by doing this is that damage is all that matters, that the final hit is all that matters. You tanked 100% of the bosses damage? To bad, that one guy got the last hit in. Healed 100% of the damage the group took? To bad, you should have stopped healing and switched to spamming executes. There is enough in the game dissuading people from playing support roles, and if you are willing to take the step to do this, what next?
  • OldManJim
    OldManJim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CP5 wrote: »
    I want to chime in again about the achievement being locked behind killing blows. That is a very bad call. What you are telling players by doing this is that damage is all that matters, that the final hit is all that matters. You tanked 100% of the bosses damage? To bad, that one guy got the last hit in. Healed 100% of the damage the group took? To bad, you should have stopped healing and switched to spamming executes. There is enough in the game dissuading people from playing support roles, and if you are willing to take the step to do this, what next?

Agreed. It's really screwing over the non-DPS play style. Tanks & healers both take risk in combat, as well as DPS. They receive experience, so why take away the achievement?

As a health based DK tank, I feel more & more marginalised as this game goes on. Everything seems to revolve around stamina or magica damage.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • hrothbern
    hrothbern
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The intent behind this achievement is to encourage a broader range of players venturing into the Dark Behind the World to earn credit. We realize that tanks and healers will find this achievement a bit more challenging with the recent change, but we want this achievement to require a fair bit of coordination, communication, and teamwork. It will be tougher, yes, but not impossible. We can definitely take a look at the achievement and how it is completed.

huh ?

@ZOS_Finn ,

What do you mean ? That in order to get as a Tank / Healer this achievement... You have to coordinate as a team that the DPS guys stop with damage dealing at very low health of a Void Caller, so that Tanks / Healers can land the killing blow .

Is that what you mean ???

Edited by hrothbern on February 23, 2016 2:50AM
    "I still do not understand why I followed the advice of Captain Rana to bring the villagers of Bleakrock into safety. We should have fought for our village and not have backed down, with our tail between our legs. Now my home village is in shambles, the houses burning, the invaders feasting.I swear every day to Shor that after Molag Bal has been defeated, I will hunt down the invaders and restore peace in Bleakrock and drink my mead with my friends at the market place".PC-EU
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    hrothbern wrote: »

huh ?

@ZOS_Finn ,

What do you mean ? That in order to get as a Tank / Healer this achievement... You have to coordinate as a team that the DPS guys stop with damage dealing at very low health of a Void Caller, so that Tanks / Healers can land the killing blow .

That's what it sounds like. That would make it a challenging achievement to get sure but I see it causing far more frustration instead.
  • hrothbern
    hrothbern
    ✭✭✭✭✭

huh ?

@ZOS_Finn ,

That's what it sounds like. That would make it a challenging achievement to get sure but I see it causing far more frustration instead.

Is certainly frustrating.

Is like giving the Champions League Cup to the players that made the goals, instead of to the team.

Edited by hrothbern on February 23, 2016 7:47AM
    "I still do not understand why I followed the advice of Captain Rana to bring the villagers of Bleakrock into safety. We should have fought for our village and not have backed down, with our tail between our legs. Now my home village is in shambles, the houses burning, the invaders feasting.I swear every day to Shor that after Molag Bal has been defeated, I will hunt down the invaders and restore peace in Bleakrock and drink my mead with my friends at the market place".PC-EU
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

huh ?

@ZOS_Finn ,

and defo open to trolling, just think, group aims to let people take turns, healers turn to kill it, but then one guy decides "hurr durr i'ma take it" and bam, instant greif, or worse, being denied it by people who want it to be exclusive.
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

• CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    dsalter wrote: »

huh ?

@ZOS_Finn ,

and defo open to trolling, just think, group aims to let people take turns, healers turn to kill it, but then one guy decides "hurr durr i'ma take it" and bam, instant greif, or worse, being denied it by people who want it to be exclusive.

Or someone has a dot going on the boss, be it a weapon proc or skill, or an aoe and they don't move it soon enough. Or, well, just about anything. I can already imagine groups trying to help each other out but then unintentionally mess it up.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

In other words, yes, you are deliberately flipping the middle finger at tanks and healers. Again.

Setting other recent anti-support changes aside, having a DPS-only achievement would be reasonable if it were balanced by support-oriented achievements that were equally challenging for a player that was not a main healer or tank to get.
  • LevL
    LevL
    Soul Shriven
    Возьмите меня в русскую торговую гильдию (или просто к нашим ) , а то я пол года в одно рыло играю . надоело это соло) 3 ветеранский ранг. в игре ник Levll .
  • Ra'Shtar
    Ra'Shtar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LevL wrote: »
    Возьмите меня в русскую торговую гильдию (или просто к нашим ) , а то я пол года в одно рыло играю . надоело это соло) 3 ветеранский ранг. в игре ник Levll .

What he said, unless its something rude :blush:
    Some of my favorite screenshots
    My opinions and posts are mostly on a PvE setting.
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    LevL wrote: »

What he said, unless its something rude :blush:

Something about joining a guild if I'm not mistaking.
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
  • LevL
    LevL
    Soul Shriven
    here for English writing have to excuse me) take me to the guild trade) I for yellow nickname Levll (hope so clear my foreign friends))
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Woeler wrote: »

Exactly this.
    More often than not when I tank I'm usually the one to get killing blows by bash or pierce :p seeing as you have the most luck if you want to snipe kills left on low health by doing that
    Edited by Nifty2g on February 23, 2016 6:46AM
    #MOREORBS
  • John_1999
    John_1999
    ✭✭✭
    still no jet-packs :(
    Magicka Templar: Tammi von Tamriel
    Stammina Templar: John James Smith

-Current CP: 3601-

-Just a noob in a world full of pro's.-
    -There is no bussines like lag bussines-
  • lonewolf26
    lonewolf26
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I would like to see this reworked as well. It seems to unfairly lock out tanks and healers except those that get an incidental last hit. I don't like to accidentally get my achievements, I like to earn them. I feel I would have earned it enough keeping the raid up in either position.
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    lonewolf26 wrote: »

I would like to see this reworked as well. It seems to unfairly lock out tanks and healers except those that get an incidental last hit. I don't like to accidentally get my achievements, I like to earn them. I feel I would have earned it enough keeping the raid up in either position.

As a healer i think it is fun. It will spice up a little game i play. It is called How many people will die while I jesus beam this boss to death.
  • Jar_Ek
    Jar_Ek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And still stamina sorcerers are left out in the cold...
  • Zaldan
    Zaldan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lonewolf26 wrote: »

As a healer i think it is fun. It will spice up a little game i play. It is called How many people will die while I jesus beam this boss to death.

#LastManStanding
    ;)
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
    Niidro tiid wah fusvok dirkah.

aka.@Cuthceol
  • Aquanova
    Aquanova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see our characters have not been copied on this patch. Is EU getting a second week in a row or are both servers just getting templates to try out?
    NA/PC
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

huh ?

@ZOS_Finn ,

Is this achievement a player achievement or a character achievement? If it is a player achievement and it is only necessary to do it once on any one of the characters on the account, then this is not an unreasonable achievement. If this is something that has to be done per character, then I can see a definite level of frustration.

Ideally, though, it should give the achievement to anyone who has enough in the pot to get XP from the kill.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Can someone explain how getting the killing blow is somehow challenging? This just seems like a very stupid idea in my opinion. Why on earth do you guys never listen to your customers. We dont like this change. We dont want this change. Stop being arrogant and forcing your ideas on the player base when clearly noone who pays your salary wants this. Did you guys not learn from imperial city?
    Edited by jamesharv2005ub17_ESO on February 23, 2016 1:48PM
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aquanova wrote: »
    I see our characters have not been copied on this patch. Is EU getting a second week in a row or are both servers just getting templates to try out?
    This is the second week of the EU copies that started last week. As always, everyone else gets at least two weeks before another copy occurs.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp