Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Thieves Guild: First Look"

• zharthasb16_ESO
    zharthasb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Kas wrote: »
    "Hours of exciting new story content and quests that will take you through all your favorite areas of Tamriel"

PvP content confirmed xD

nNo probably stolen quest and mission through Tamriel in pve
    Megaserver US - since 2014
  • zharthasb16_ESO
    zharthasb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »
    camel mounts, I just got an idea, can a camel actually run fast :smiley: ?

I thougth that camels are pretty slow animals, I might be wrong, but I can not imagine a camel running faster than a horse, or lioness (crown store mount) :smiley:

a camel or a bear .. maybe the garvity is different in tamriel :open_mouth:
    Megaserver US - since 2014
  • jluchau
    jluchau
    ✭✭✭

I thougth that camels are pretty slow animals, I might be wrong, but I can not imagine a camel running faster than a horse, or lioness (crown store mount) :smiley:

I love that you are concerned about the accuracy of camel speed versus lioness speed in a game with talking humanoid lizard people and magic and different planes of existence. It made me smile.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [qu
    jluchau wrote: »

I love that you are concerned about the accuracy of camel speed versus lioness speed in a game with talking humanoid lizard people and magic and different planes of existence. It made me smile.

they tried to use the same garbage excuse about the high and fast sneak speeds saying

"it wasnt realistic"

total BS in a magicka based fake world.
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    @Grao @SlappyThePoptart Veteran Rank removal is tentatively scheduled for Q2 (Update 10/Dark Brotherhood).

Thanks for the response Enodoc. For some reason I had on my head that Brotherhood and the Thieves guild were being released together. My fault there.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    XRavishX wrote: »
    • Brandishing weapons in town (In the other TES games it was always a no-no to have your weapons out when talking to people.)
    • Threatening people with physical violence (The weapons out again but while talking to people. :smiley: )

I'm going to object to these, because there are abilities we can use on other people that makes them automatically draw their weapon. It would be way too easy to troll with.

#proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Brandishing weapons in town (In the other TES games it was always a no-no to have your weapons out when talking to people.)
    • Threatening people with physical violence (The weapons out again but while talking to people. :smiley: )

I'm going to object to these, because there are abilities we can use on other people that makes them automatically draw their weapon. It would be way too easy to troll with.

i have HATED that since beta, that we are FORCED to have our weapons drawn from other people casting certain skills around us.
  • deleted008293
    deleted008293
    ✭✭✭✭
    If mounts were actually giving us a bit more than just a ride then yes speed should matter more.

Maybe bears should be slow but take part in the fights ahead against animals.
    Camels should be slow but allow you to carry some extra goodies.
    Guars... poor guars should cause havoc while riding and give you extra space.
    Horses should be fast and thats it.
    And so on. But in PvP all of these bonuses will just render useless.

Personally I'd love some extra travel features such as taking a giant Slit Strider somewhere among the coast of Morrowind, or take an airship to pass those unpassable mountains.

Also speaking about riding its a bit shame that all animals have the same size. It would be a bit more interesting if the guars were a bit smaller in size and camera would be a bit lower to the ground. Also it would make more sense if camels were huge and ofc camera should be set up higher. And so on...
  • pareidolon
    pareidolon
    ✭✭✭
    pareidolon wrote: »
    The addition of new criminal activities
    What a vague and intriguing promise. We already have:
    • Trespassing
    • Theft
    • Bootlegging
    • Assault
    • Murder
    What could be added? Maybe...
    • Treason
    • Blackmail
    • Kidnapping
    • Jailbreaking
    • Daedra Worship (except Meridia, she's cool)
    • Nonconsensual Hypnosis
    • Fraud
    • Wiretapping
    • Failing to stop your bear at the intersection
    • Using graphics intensive spells in town
    • Operating a business without a license
    • Accessing Hew's Bane without paying
    Or is my small mind too naive to comprehend what criminal activities the Thieves Guild has in store?

Yes, I'm curious too. Maybe they could add:
    • Public intoxication (Can we get drunk? If not, why not?)
    • Public lewdness (We should definitely incur fines on people wearing nothing but their undies! :wink: )
    • Rudeness (Pushing people out of the way while running or something. bra ha ha ha)

That's a very reasonable list, though they'd have to do something about those skills that cause everyone to draw their weapons at once. "Uh oh, looks like Bugrash had too much Lusty Argonian Maid Mazte again."
    petraeus1 wrote: »
    pareidolon wrote: »
    The addition of new criminal activities
    What a vague and intriguing promise. We already have:
    • Trespassing
    • Theft
    • Bootlegging
    • Assault
    • Murder
    What could be added? Maybe...
    • Treason
    • Blackmail
    • Kidnapping
    • Jailbreaking
    • Daedra Worship (except Meridia, she's cool)
    • Nonconsensual Hypnosis
    • Fraud
    • Wiretapping
    • Failing to stop your bear at the intersection
    • Using graphics intensive spells in town
    • Operating a business without a license
    • Accessing Hew's Bane without paying
    Or is my small mind too naive to comprehend what criminal activities the Thieves Guild has in store?

Yes, I'm curious too. Maybe they could add:
    • Public intoxication (Can we get drunk? If not, why not?)
    • Public lewdness (We should definitely incur fines on people wearing nothing but their undies! :wink: )
    • Rudeness (Pushing people out of the way while running or something. bra ha ha ha)

From the MMORPG.com article, I deduce: trespassing (which is different from the current system?), criminal mischief (a.o. forgery and vandalism) and that's it. It also seems to be exclusive to the new map? Hmm.

Cool, graffiti, let me get my skatecart and armor dye. As for trespassing, you get in trouble for breaking the lock but otherwise you can walk in and out with no problem. Changing that makes me think we might be seeing guard-dodging levels where it doesn't matter if you have a bounty.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    nordmarian wrote: »
    If mounts were actually giving us a bit more than just a ride then yes speed should matter more.

Personally I've been hoping they give Senche the ability to let you stealth while riding. (I've been on the receiving end of that 'you can't mount while crouched' message one too many times. :p) But then they'd need at least one variant of each existing mount type outside the Crown Store or it's P2W.

#proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • deleted008293
    deleted008293
    ✭✭✭✭
    different abilities for different animals make sense until you end up in pvp riding a turtle :P if you get the point. :)
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dominoid wrote: »
    Access to content from other alliances in any order you choose upon reaching Veteran Rank 1
    What? I figured it was coming but now? No more Silver and Gold! Explore at will. Does this mean they have already completed the conversion of these zones to "battle leveled" zones?
    Not quite yet, no. What this means is that once you reach VR1, the Silver and Gold alliances will unlock even if you haven't finished the main quest yet, and can progress in any order you'd like.
    Does this mean I can't enter silver at level 45 anymore, even if I have finished the main quest at that point?
    You can still enter as soon as you finish the main quest. This option is just for those who haven't finished the main quest, but have reached Veteran Rank.
    it better be soloable
    Yep, you can still solo a lot of this content (save for the delves and group bosses, potentially, and the Trial of course).
    So are NPC VR levels not being removed but player level VR's only being removed in silver and gold?

What about Craglorn, Orsinium, etc? Are these NPCs staying as VR levels
    @NewBlacksmurf I imagine at this time it's just the access that is being changed, and each zone will still have the same VR it has always had. When VRs are removed in Q2, that's when we'll see the NPC VRs removed from the Silver and Gold zones, as well as Craglorn/Wrothgar/Cyrodiil.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • XRavishX
    XRavishX
    ✭✭
    nordmarian wrote: »

Personally I'd love some extra travel features such as taking a giant Slit Strider somewhere among the coast of Morrowind, or take an airship to pass those unpassable mountains.

Also speaking about riding its a bit shame that all animals have the same size. It would be a bit more interesting if the guars were a bit smaller in size and camera would be a bit lower to the ground. Also it would make more sense if camels were huge and ofc camera should be set up higher. And so on...

These kinds of ideas would be so nice! I bet it's a pain to implement, however. Like, how would your skills relate to the mount? Would you be able to attack instead of just buff? What happens if your mount dies: does it have a cooldown time, do you use soul gems on it? Does the mount level up? Do they have equipment?

So, now that I mention all this, it would be like creating another character to play with. I'm sure that's a HUGE undertaking.
    "Loot boxes aren't the problem, RNG is." -Me
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If anyone from ZOS feels like answering these questions on the changes to Cadwell's Silver/Gold access, that would be great, otherwise they are essentially going to be for my reference so I remember what things to be looking out for when PTS starts:
    • How will access to the Veteran Alliances be introduced at Level 50/VR1 if you haven't completed the Main Quest?
    • Even though you will be able to access the zones at Level 50/VR1 and do all the quests, will Cadwell's Gold still require completion of Cadwell's Silver?
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
  • jowww97
    jowww97
    ✭✭
    There is a bug that makes your fighter's guild rank to be stuck on 9. Are you fixing this bug in this next DLC? @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Ps4 player
  • sneakymitchell
    sneakymitchell
    ✭✭✭✭
    So the cross faction grouping tool is it going to allow people to join other factions servers as well or is just going to make it easier for people to group with friends for dungeons?
    NA-Xbox one- Ebonheart Pact- Nord Tank DK
    PC-NA Ebonheart Pact Nord Stam Templar
  • SlappyThePoptart
    SlappyThePoptart
    ✭✭✭
    I just want to say, "The Maw of Lorkhaj" sounds really cool. I always like more stuff involving Lorkhan and Khajiit lore...
    too bad I'll never beat it lol
    For the Aldmeri Pact of Daggerfall!
  • XRavishX
    XRavishX
    ✭✭
    If anyone from ZOS feels like answering these questions on the changes to Cadwell's Silver/Gold access, that would be great, otherwise they are essentially going to be for my reference so I remember what things to be looking out for when PTS starts:
    • How will access to the Veteran Alliances be introduced at Level 50/VR1 if you haven't completed the Main Quest?
    • Even though you will be able to access the zones at Level 50/VR1 and do all the quests, will Cadwell's Gold still require completion of Cadwell's Silver?

It was stated in a previous post that the veteran alliance quests will just unlock once you reach 50/VR1. I don't remember exactly what was said about Silver and Gold quests, but it's my understanding they will be updated as you play them, whatever the order you play them.
    "Loot boxes aren't the problem, RNG is." -Me
  • Threemoons
    Threemoons
    ✭✭✭
    Darkheart wrote: »
    To have 64 Bit Client, do we need to download the whole client again?
    No, it will just be a small download as part of the patch. [/quote]

*phew* :smiley:

I had visions of screwing up my old saves trying to upgrade. This is great news, I have a nearly-new deck and a ton of fun stuff from Razer on the way; can't wait to see what 64 bits does for this game!

Playing on PC/NA---UserID=Threemoons--usually on nights, weekends
  • Cazic
    Cazic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds amazing! I'm super stoked.
  • bhlegit
    bhlegit
    ✭✭✭
    REMOVE ANIMATION PRIORITIZATION CHANGE
  • shepardTHEweak
    shepardTHEweak
    ✭✭✭
    if the camel mount is not fast i will get the "HUMP" (couldnt resist).. the thieves guild looks good i cant wait!!!
  • shawn.macgillivaryb16_ESO
    I have a quick question. Im only level 38 and slowly working my way through the game and haven't finished the main story line. Do I have to finish the main story before playing this dlc? And if not should I wait and finish main quest before moving onto the new Dlc?

Thanks
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a quick question. Im only level 38 and slowly working my way through the game and haven't finished the main story line. Do I have to finish the main story before playing this dlc? And if not should I wait and finish main quest before moving onto the new Dlc?

Thanks
    @shawn.macgillivaryb16_ESO No you don't, and I would suggest that you didn't wait until you did. Gaining Reputation with the Thieves Guild takes time, and fits into the game best when you have other things to do at the same time (much like finding Lorebooks and killing Daedra advances the Mages Guild and Fighters Guild as you go along). If you always have a Larceny quest active, you can work on that one while continuing your levelling. Some have suggested that you may want to get Legerdemain as high as you can before you start, but that's a double sided coin as well. The higher Legerdemain is, the easier it will be to do certain jobs, particularly the Larceny ones; but equally, progressing through the quests is a good way to level Legerdemain, as it involves many of those activities.
  • shawn.macgillivaryb16_ESO

Thanks
    @shawn.macgillivaryb16_ESO No you don't, and I would suggest that you didn't wait until you did. Gaining Reputation with the Thieves Guild takes time, and fits into the game best when you have other things to do at the same time (much like finding Lorebooks and killing Daedra advances the Mages Guild and Fighters Guild as you go along). If you always have a Larceny quest active, you can work on that one while continuing your levelling. Some have suggested that you may want to get Legerdemain as high as you can before you start, but that's a double sided coin as well. The higher Legerdemain is, the easier it will be to do certain jobs, particularly the Larceny ones; but equally, progressing through the quests is a good way to level Legerdemain, as it involves many of those activities.

Thanks for the feedback :) Looking forward to playing the dlc.
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://youtu.be/6aFeQkkbmRQ

Footage from today on live server.
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<