Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Thieves Guild: First Look"

• me_ming
    me_ming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hamfast wrote: »
    I am looking forward to this DLC, it sounds fun... I am also looking forward to the new passive skills, like... oh, wait, we have no clue what they are yet... lets say there are 5 new passive skills, 3 with morphs, so 8 skill points worth...

They're passive skills, I highly doubt passive skills have morphs, they have "upgrades" or ranks, but not morphs. And I am pretty sure there will be skyshards in the new zone you can collect, and main quest in zone will grant you some skill points. just like in IC and Orsinium.
    "We're heroes, my boon companion, and heroes always win! Let that be a lesson to you."
    -Caldwell, "The Final Assault"

"There is always a choice. But you don't get to choose what is true, you only get to choose what you will do about it..."

-Abnur Tharn, "God of Schemes"]
  • TheValkyn
    TheValkyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AshTal wrote: »
    My major concern with a Thieves guild DLC and then a Dark Brotherhood DLC is we have to play thieves and killers. What if we want to play a good guy? .... No new content and just replaying Orcsinium?

Would be nice if we didn't have to join every guild and group just to get the passive skills and abilities we need to compete.

Maybe pull a Finn? Join up and....

hcyVQDK.jpg

I'm sure there are plenty of ways to roleplay this into your character's story.
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »
    By the way, I think this picture is marvelous. Really inspires me to make a Nord pirate.
    Any chance we'll see a high res version?

3973b3075e27bbdf6731462824952b6b.jpg

Yep! We'll be releasing some wallpapers featuring this art in the near future.
    And some more forum icons, yes? The world needs more Khajiit icons!
  • sparafucilsarwb17_ESO
    sparafucilsarwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Prioritization of animations during combat." Is this going to be an answer to remove weaving from game?

I hope that is not going to mess with weapon swap...it's horrible enough as it is.
  • TheValkyn
    TheValkyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »
    ZOS, please do not make the mistake like with xivkyn and glass motif, that you have put in into crown store after such a short time, which destroyed the trading of these!!!

please do not put the new motifs and mats at all into crown store!! let it be rare, please!!!

and also, please do not make them BOE or BOP, please, let it be tradable!!!

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_KaiSchober

30-50k per single page motif is destroyed? Hmm. I know who I'm asking gold from now. :wink:
    Edited by TheValkyn on January 21, 2016 9:20PM
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    "Prioritization of animations during combat." Is this going to be an answer to remove weaving from game?

I absolutely hpe so!!!!!
  • Makkir
    Makkir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    WOOHOO!!!

"Access to content from other alliances in any order you choose upon reaching Veteran Rank 1"
    "Improvements to grouping including incentives and cross-alliance grouping outside of the Grouping Tool"

Can't wait to hear more about that cross-alliance grouping!

Yes I am very curious as well and how this could lead to abuse in places like Cyrodiil.
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well just like Orsinium this is another questline my character is not interested in, he hates Orcs and He hates Thieves even more, only thing he hates more then them are werewolves, Imperial Culture and Argonians...can I at least chop off the thieves hands for stealing my things?

Probably be no different for the Dark Brotherhood, my character is friends with Members of the Morag Tong and does not want to join their arch-enemies being the Dark Brotherhood, the only thing he would only be remotely interested in is the Clockwork city and that is because it would obviously involve 1/3 of the
    panethon he follows.
    Edited by TX12001rwb17_ESO on January 21, 2016 9:45PM
  • Makkir
    Makkir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

My wife hates your company
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The hype is real guys and gals!
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • Dcaliber
    Dcaliber
    ✭✭✭
    Awesome! Can't wait.
    "Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination"
    -Mark Twain
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    will there also be new abilities like smoke bombs and the like?
  • Ghrimn
    Ghrimn
    ✭✭✭
    The only thing I'm not happy about, is that we have to join the Thieves Guild. That we won't be able to join the Iron Wheels. And I probably won't buy it due to that. One thing you could do ZOS is having a Iron Wheels questline in which we have to infiltrate the TG., and pretend we're part of the Guild. Doing that you don't have to change the quests at all, maybe only a few that would depend on who we side with, but the main ones are all the same. And like that everyone's happy.

Edited by Ghrimn on January 22, 2016 12:51AM
  • Marclej
    Marclej
    I long for the day my little red headed minx of a wood elf can wear nightingale armor ! <3
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    By the way, I think this picture is marvelous. Really inspires me to make a Nord pirate.
    Any chance we'll see a high res version?

3973b3075e27bbdf6731462824952b6b.jpg

Yep! We'll be releasing some wallpapers featuring this art in the near future.

Forget the art.... I want in that room! :smiley:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • chaserstorm16909
    chaserstorm16909
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks nice, but man, I wish we could join the Iron Wheel :/

Maybe you can. There might be a quest where you get to pick your side. I for one will stay loyal to the guild.
  • priforce
    priforce
    ✭✭✭
    The trailer music for Thieves Guild DLC: First Look is badass. Will the music be in-game? If so, I need to order the ESO Soundtrack!
  • Woodoochill
    Woodoochill
    ✭✭✭
    sneak along rooftops ?

:open_mouth:no more sliding down the roofs ?
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ooo, I wonder if those little winged chameleon things are Dragonlings?*

*(Note: Dragonlings, NOT Dragons, just so I'm clear.)
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dominoid wrote: »
    Access to content from other alliances in any order you choose upon reaching Veteran Rank 1
    What? I figured it was coming but now? No more Silver and Gold! Explore at will. Does this mean they have already completed the conversion of these zones to "battle leveled" zones?
    Not quite yet, no. What this means is that once you reach VR1, the Silver and Gold alliances will unlock even if you haven't finished the main quest yet, and can progress in any order you'd like.
    Does this mean I can't enter silver at level 45 anymore, even if I have finished the main quest at that point?
    You can still enter as soon as you finish the main quest. This option is just for those who haven't finished the main quest, but have reached Veteran Rank.
    Ah, double standards. A nice idea. How does the setup get introduced if you've reached VR1 and not completed the Main Quest? Is it still Meridia's alternate timeline? I hope you haven't had to remove any of John Cleese's dialogue...
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Makkir wrote: »
    MissBizz wrote: »
    WOOHOO!!!

"Access to content from other alliances in any order you choose upon reaching Veteran Rank 1"
    "Improvements to grouping including incentives and cross-alliance grouping outside of the Grouping Tool"

Can't wait to hear more about that cross-alliance grouping!

Yes I am very curious as well and how this could lead to abuse in places like Cyrodiil.

@Makkir when they discussed cross faction via the grouping tool on ESO Live (before it existed) they mentioned the next step would be cross faction dungeons not using the grouping tool. I imagine (and hoping) this is what they mean.

I play all alliances and have friends in all alliances.. But even I cant think any kind of cross faction grouping that could make sense in Cyrodiil.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Farorin
    Farorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm interested, but damnit, why did it have to be in that dusty hell-hole of hammerfell? I hate that place.

I am very happy about the world being opened up at vet 1, also am interested about the passive skill line, but disappointed that there is still no active skills for thieves guild despite having active skills for mage and fighter's guild.

I am very intrigued with this line "Hours of exciting new story content and quests that will take you through all your favorite areas of Tamriel" if this adds any replay-ability to some of the "dead" zones that I have no reason of going back to now that i have done them, but used to love, such as valenwood, auridon, and black marsh, then I will be one happy dude.
  • Rozyn
    Rozyn
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_GinaBruno guys, there is a new skill line mentioned. What about the people, who do not buy this DLC? Will it not cause disbalance for them?

Or will the new skill line be availiable in the base game patch (also to people who do not buy this DLC)?

I hope you do not intend to make this game pay to win?

If I bought The Witcher 3 and did not pay for the DLC expansion Hearts of Stone, is it now pay to win that I do not get to experience additional aspects HoS brings to the game? What about in GW2 where the expansion features new classes and skill lines - is that pay to win if I refuse to buy that expansion?

I feel as though these DLC are the very definition of "buy to play" just as subscriptions, box prices, and DLC have always been. I'm not really understanding how it'd suddenly be p2w with some skill lines (even though I suspect these will be fairly fluff passives). Are we going to restrict all DLC advancement to fluff for fear of 'unfair' advantages for those who purchase and enjoy the content? This is a genuinely tenuous line to draw. We should keep this in mind in the future if they decide to tie the spell crafting to a DLC release, because I can see this objection rising again and again.
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First of all, I am glad to see new PvE content added that goes beyond questing. We really need new raids, so thanks for that.

Second, new area seems very interesting. After reading some of the comments, I too am hoping there is a choice to become part of the thieves guild as a spy for the Iron Wheels - There should still be time to make that a reality, ZoS.

Third, from reading the announcement and some of the comments in this page, I guessing the full removal of the veteran system will not come with the release of this DLC. Is there a prevision to when it will happen, if it is still in the cards?
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AshTal wrote: »
    My major concern with a Thieves guild DLC and then a Dark Brotherhood DLC is we have to play thieves and killers. What if we want to play a good guy? .... No new content and just replaying Orcsinium?

Would be nice if we didn't have to join every guild and group just to get the passive skills and abilities we need to compete.

I'm hoping, praying that something like what happened in Skyrim is available IE when the Dark Brotherhood approaches you in Skyrim you can choose to go against them and that unlocks a different quest path (although shorter) for you to do so and bring them down. When this happen in Skyrim it blew my mind that the developers thought of doing that, especially seeing my first reaction was to just attack the Dark Brotherhood and then the quest task changed.

@ZOS_GinaBruno I really hope the team are working on this choose your own adventure for Dark Brotherhood which is locked in once you make your choice and comes with different perks perhaps, would add a ton of dynamite to the DLC and go towards the enforces/bandits theory you had for Justice.
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rozyn wrote: »
    @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_GinaBruno guys, there is a new skill line mentioned. What about the people, who do not buy this DLC? Will it not cause disbalance for them?

Or will the new skill line be availiable in the base game patch (also to people who do not buy this DLC)?

I hope you do not intend to make this game pay to win?

If I bought The Witcher 3 and did not pay for the DLC expansion Hearts of Stone, is it now pay to win that I do not get to experience additional aspects HoS brings to the game? What about in GW2 where the expansion features new classes and skill lines - is that pay to win if I refuse to buy that expansion?

I feel as though these DLC are the very definition of "buy to play" just as subscriptions, box prices, and DLC have always been. I'm not really understanding how it'd suddenly be p2w with some skill lines (even though I suspect these will be fairly fluff passives). Are we going to restrict all DLC advancement to fluff for fear of 'unfair' advantages for those who purchase and enjoy the content? This is a genuinely tenuous line to draw. We should keep this in mind in the future if they decide to tie the spell crafting to a DLC release, because I can see this objection rising again and again.

Well said Rozyn!
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well just like Orsinium this is another questline my character is not interested in, he hates Orcs and He hates Thieves even more, only thing he hates more then them are werewolves, Imperial Culture and Argonians...can I at least chop off the thieves hands for stealing my things?

Probably be no different for the Dark Brotherhood, my character is friends with Members of the Morag Tong and does not want to join their arch-enemies being the Dark Brotherhood, the only thing he would only be remotely interested in is the Clockwork city and that is because it would obviously involve 1/3 of the
    panethon he follows.

Your character is obviously a very sad character.
  • Pangnirtung
    Pangnirtung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not gonna be a fanboy here but w/the everyday bugs introduced in Orsinium, quest givers in ceilings, extra long loading screens when using wayshrines is the plan to ignore them and then everyone buys the new DLC and the bugs are forgotten an never to be fixed?

Those bugs have been around since the PTS. More of the same w/the new DLC?
  • Coridato
    Coridato
    Was dueling cancelled without me noticing? I was told it was coming out in the first DLC for 2016.........
  • ShadowHvo
    ShadowHvo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Will this update bring the famous Trinimac and Malacath motifs as well?

While I'm super hyped for the new Thieves Guild armor motif, so I finally can craft myself that delicious set, I was really hoping to see the Trinimac become a motif too. That plain-fullmask and hood is simply too good to pass up on!
    Nighren - The Shadow Striker
    Leader of Bloodlines
    -- EU --

Want to roleplay in elder scrolls online? Check out eso-rp.com