Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Thieves Guild: First Look"

• Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dominoid wrote: »
    Access to content from other alliances in any order you choose upon reaching Veteran Rank 1
    What? I figured it was coming but now? No more Silver and Gold! Explore at will. Does this mean they have already completed the conversion of these zones to "battle leveled" zones?
    Not quite yet, no. What this means is that once you reach VR1, the Silver and Gold alliances will unlock even if you haven't finished the main quest yet, and can progress in any order you'd like.
    EXCELLENT! This is perfect, and means that alts who skip the main quest (e.g. "I don't want to take down Molag Bal a 7th time!") will be able to complete the Mage's Guild line and get the other books which were locked behind Cadwell's.
  • AshTal
    AshTal
    ✭✭✭✭
    My major concern with a Thieves guild DLC and then a Dark Brotherhood DLC is we have to play thieves and killers. What if we want to play a good guy? .... No new content and just replaying Orcsinium?

Would be nice if we didn't have to join every guild and group just to get the passive skills and abilities we need to compete.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS, please do not make the mistake like with xivkyn and glass motif, that you have put in into crown store after such a short time, which destroyed the trading of these!!!

please do not put the new motifs and mats at all into crown store!! let it be rare, please!!!

and also, please do not make them BOE or BOP, please, let it be tradable!!!

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_KaiSchober
    Edited by altemriel on January 21, 2016 6:20PM
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    AshTal wrote: »
    My major concern with a Thieves guild DLC and then a Dark Brotherhood DLC is we have to play thieves and killers. What if we want to play a good guy? .... No new content and just replaying Orcsinium?

Would be nice if we didn't have to join every guild and group just to get the passive skills and abilities we need to compete.

I hope that the new skill line will not create disbalance and pay to win, that would be pretty detrimental to the game!!

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_KaiSchober
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »
    ZOS, please do not make the mistake like with xivkyn and glass motif, that you have put in into crown store after such a short time, which destroyed the trading of these!!!
    I always felt that selling rare motifs was, to some degree, the eqv. of selling gold via the Crown Store. Instead of spending 500K-1mil (or more) in-game gold to complete a Glass motif you could just buy it with Crowns, skipping the cost and saving the gold. While I get it's not an direct comparison, it makes me second guess spending money in game. Instead of buying Akaviri with my AP I'll just buy with Crowns when it comes out and spend my money elsewhere.

• Khaos_Bane
    Khaos_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please put the motifs in the crown store immediately. I cannot wait to look like a ninja !
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Access to content from other alliances in any order you choose upon reaching Veteran Rank 1
    What? I figured it was coming but now? No more Silver and Gold! Explore at will. Does this mean they have already completed the conversion of these zones to "battle leveled" zones?
    Not quite yet, no. What this means is that once you reach VR1, the Silver and Gold alliances will unlock even if you haven't finished the main quest yet, and can progress in any order you'd like.
    Does this mean I can't enter silver at level 45 anymore, even if I have finished the main quest at that point?
    You can still enter as soon as you finish the main quest. This option is just for those who haven't finished the main quest, but have reached Veteran Rank.

it better be soloable
    Yep, you can still solo a lot of this content (save for the delves and group bosses, potentially, and the Trial of course).
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Preyfar wrote: »
    I always felt that selling rare motifs was, to some degree, the eqv. of selling gold via the Crown Store. Instead of spending 500K-1mil (or more) in-game gold to complete a Glass motif you could just buy it with Crowns, skipping the cost and saving the gold. While I get it's not an direct comparison, it makes me second guess spending money in game. Instead of buying Akaviri with my AP I'll just buy with Crowns when it comes out and spend my money elsewhere.

I don`t know, I feel that adding new tradable motifs and mats could benefit the game economy. If they just put it into crown store, the prices in-game drop totally and nobody buys it anymore. If they would make it tradable, at the beginning the prices would be insanely high, but when they leave like that long enough, the prices would stabilize at some decent level, as more people will obtain these motifs and mats and sell them. that would be good and fair enought for me.
    Edited by altemriel on January 21, 2016 6:27PM
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does this mean I can't enter silver at level 45 anymore, even if I have finished the main quest at that point?
    You can still enter as soon as you finish the main quest. This option is just for those who haven't finished the main quest, but have reached Veteran Rank.

it better be soloable
    Yep, you can still solo a lot of this content (save for the delves and group bosses, potentially, and the Trial of course).

YES TY :)
    woohoo! im ready! and ty ty ty
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don`t know, I feel that adding new tradable motifs and mats could benefit the game economy. If they just put it into crown store, the prices in-game drop totally and nobody buys it anymore. If they would make it tradable, at the beginning the prices would be insanely high, but when they leave like that long enough, the prices would stabilize at some decent level, as more people will obtain these motifs and mats and sell them. that would be good and fair enought for me.
    Motifs and mats definitely benefits the economy, yes! It's the Crown Store I'm mixed at.

That said, if ZOS introduced a "costume slot" system from the Crown store where you could apply costume pieces to replace the look of items visually they (and players) would make a lot more money as they'd be able to fully customize their looks. As it is, it's hard to justify spending a lot on a motif for vanity reasons when you have to choose between "Do I want to wear Briarheart or do I want to look good?"
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    camel mounts, I just got an idea, can a camel actually run fast :smiley: ?

I thougth that camels are pretty slow animals, I might be wrong, but I can not imagine a camel running faster than a horse, or lioness (crown store mount) :smiley:
  • Benegon
    Benegon
    ✭✭
    The skill line is a passive skill line that is only going to help out for being a thief. That is what Gina said anyways so the people worrying about it being game changing if you don't want to buy the DLC I don't think it will. It is just going to help you steal better and stuff. Probably similar to the ledgerman but different.
  • kongkim
    kongkim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks really good :)
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Preyfar wrote: »
    Motifs and mats definitely benefits the economy, yes! It's the Crown Store I'm mixed at.

That said, if ZOS introduced a "costume slot" system from the Crown store where you could apply costume pieces to replace the look of items visually they (and players) would make a lot more money as they'd be able to fully customize their looks. As it is, it's hard to justify spending a lot on a motif for vanity reasons when you have to choose between "Do I want to wear Briarheart or do I want to look good?"

well, I only wear xivkyn motif armor (bought in-game), because I love the way it looks! I am stam dps, so I use Hunding`s range and Nightmother`s gaze and I am pretty happy with the way the armor looks
  • Snowstrider
    Snowstrider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finally i can go where i want once i hit vr1!!!!! :D i guess that means the zones scales?

Also is that khajiit riding a camelot?
  • Nikkor
    Nikkor
    ✭✭✭
    What am I looking forward to most?

Either race change or offensive bonuses to my nord
  • Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hype !! can't wait .. I just hope the trial is not like Craglorn... but from what I can see it is and it is disappointing...
    Edited by Sotha_Sil on January 21, 2016 7:21PM
    Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
  • Stonesthrow
    Stonesthrow
    ✭✭✭✭

I thougth that camels are pretty slow animals, I might be wrong, but I can not imagine a camel running faster than a horse, or lioness (crown store mount) :smiley:

Camels haul serious ass... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKHBenYJtjo

• altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Camels haul serious ass...

oh I did not know that :smiley: , good then !
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    hype hype :)!!!!!!
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Can you please elaborate a little on this
    Prioritization of animations during combat
    Is this animation cancelling? I though Wrobel was a fan of it
    #MOREORBS
  • Dedhed
    Dedhed
    ✭✭✭

Looking at multiple sources on the interwebs, it looks like a horse is definitely faster than a camel, but camels have more endurance. This link shows a good example http://superbeefy.com/which-is-faster-a-horse-or-a-camel-and-which-animal-would-win-a-100-mile-race/
    Edited by Dedhed on January 21, 2016 7:32PM
    "This is like talking to breakfast cereal" -- Fredericks in Otherland talking about Wicked Tribe. Also a great description of zone chat.
  • Hamfast
    Hamfast
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am looking forward to this DLC, it sounds fun... I am also looking forward to the new passive skills, like... oh, wait, we have no clue what they are yet... lets say there are 5 new passive skills, 3 with morphs, so 8 skill points worth...

Will there be a way to get a few more skill points or are we going to have to drop other skills?

Are the Thieves Guild Skills going to mesh with, compliment, replace or have nothing to do with the Legerdemain Skill line?

Will I be able to break in to the buildings, the attics, basements or rooms where the doors are chained shut?

Will I have to learn a new "Thieves Guild Happy Dance" and will it require the dancer to be stealthed?
    Of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most...
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    it better be soloable
    That's interesting. So the delves are more difficult than in Wrothgar (or did you mean public dungeons?) Are there going to be similar daily quests in Hew's Bane?
    Sotha_Sil wrote: »
    hype !! can't wait .. I just hope the trial is not like Craglorn... but from what I can see it is and it is disappointing...
    How else should a trial be designed in your opinion?
    Edited by Rosveen on January 21, 2016 8:05PM
  • Caroloces
    Caroloces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are the Thieves Guild Skills going to mesh with, compliment, replace or have nothing to do with the Legerdemain Skill line?

I'm wondering the same thing. If I level up my legerdemain now, will it provide some extra benefit to doing the activities in Thieves Guild?
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's hoping it matches the hype. My sub is up for renewal after this DLC and I am seeing very little reason to sub, even in this announcement.
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    By the way, I think this picture is marvelous. Really inspires me to make a Nord pirate.
    Any chance we'll see a high res version?

3973b3075e27bbdf6731462824952b6b.jpg
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • Sentinel
    Sentinel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mmm.... The artwork.

Please! Give us more! :smile:

I'm particularly interested in the new architecture, and zone design. Might we receive any sketches from the art team? Possibly, say, an overview of the zone's biomes like has been done for Craglorn and Wrothgar before?

(Such as):
    601?cb=20150519021837
  • NoMoreChillies
    NoMoreChillies
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sentinel wrote: »
    Mmm.... The artwork.

Please! Give us more! :smile:

I'm particularly interested in the new architecture, and zone design. Might we receive any sketches from the art team? Possibly, say, an overview of the zone's biomes like has been done for Craglorn and Wrothgar before?

(Such as):
    601?cb=20150519021837

wish the maps ingame looked like this
    Insulting people on the internet is cowardly.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Faulgor wrote: »
    By the way, I think this picture is marvelous. Really inspires me to make a Nord pirate.
    Any chance we'll see a high res version?

3973b3075e27bbdf6731462824952b6b.jpg

Yep! We'll be releasing some wallpapers featuring this art in the near future.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post