Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "ESO Live's Next Episode: 01/15"

ZOS_JessicaFolsom
ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Community Manager
This is the official discussion thread for the blog article ESO Live's Next Episode: 01/15. Join us at a slightly earlier time tomorrow (3PM EST) for our first show of 2016! We'll chat with Game Director Matt Firor about this week's ESO - The Year Ahead message, and discuss upcoming Alliance War changes and improvements with Lead PvP Designer Brian Wheeler. See you there!
Jessica Folsom
Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
Staff Post
  • petraeus1
    petraeus1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just wanted to say it's awesome to see and hear from Matt again on ESO Live! (And Brian too of course, and the rest.) PogChamp - Twich people will know what I mean.
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can we skip Matt and just do the whole show with Brian.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Looking forward to seeing you guys there tomorrow!
    Btw, that's 8pm for anyone else in the UK :) (Or GMT/BST time zone)
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hahaha... no.
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Fat_Cat45
    Fat_Cat45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there any progress on the continuation of Veteran Dungeons?

It's been over a year since Vet City of Ash, and the next in line would be Vet Arx Corinium.
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will Jessica be back on the show? And guessing Gina isn't taking leave till a bit later?

Can we maybe have a PSA about ESO Live and things devs write up on the forums? I've heard a lot of info in ESO Live that I understand isn't fully developed yet, where as the stuff on the forums here is a little more refined and in its final stages. I get that, but a lot of others claim that "ZOS isn't communicating" because they don't see constant posting about things in development.

Also a description how to context ZOS for discussions/interviews/information would also be helpful, something that can be highlighted maybe?

Thanks folks.
    Herfi Driderkitty of the Aldmeri Dominion
    Find me on : Twitch | Youtube | Twitter | Reddit
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Hahaha... no.

I actually changed mind. Matt is the only person at ZOS that can say whatever he wants about anything he wants to talk about. Hopefully he'll give away some info that others have been instructed not to talk about.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Bloodfang
    Bloodfang
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How about we just skip Brian, and let Matt talk more ;)
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    HeroOfNone wrote: »
    Will Jessica be back on the show? And guessing Gina isn't taking leave till a bit later?
    Yes, and yes. :)

Also a description how to context ZOS for discussions/interviews/information would also be helpful, something that can be highlighted maybe?
    If someone is looking to setup an interview or a guild feedback meeting, you can email us at community@elderscrollsonline.com (please note that this is not meant as a way to discuss individual game-related issues).
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Bfish22090
    Bfish22090
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys better get this ESO live right, alot of players are deciding whether or not to leave the game on Friday
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If someone is looking to setup an interview or a guild feedback meeting, you can email us at community@elderscrollsonline.com (please note that this is not meant as a way to discuss individual game-related issues).

I know how from reading the forums, just suggesting it be mentioned during the show =3
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager

I know how from reading the forums, just suggesting it be mentioned during the show =3

Ah, fair enough! We can do that.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So, no Wrobel to talk about class re-balance?! Dissapointment
  • Lettigall
    Lettigall
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tomorrow on ESO live: Life of Brian

aQkDFwv.jpg?1

Some men just want to watch the world burn... I just want a cold beer!
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That reminds me, is there a current list of ZOS employees, their title, and what part of the game they are responsible for? Seems like it would be a helpful chart
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't want to see, or even hear from Matt right now. Always good to have Brian on the show, though! How about we replace Matt with Wrobel to talk about class balance changes? Or even replace Matt with a cactus. Yeah, that'd be fine too. A cactus.
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I predict a lot of words about why Justice System 2.0 was scrapped.

Also I would like to see the comment about the major change of how world zones treat player leveling. If this is what I think it is (crosses fingers) then I'm going to be one happeh hombre. There is nothing I hate more than wasted content... well besides having a level cap anyways ;)
    Edited by nimander99 on January 14, 2016 9:17PM
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • Dcaliber
    Dcaliber
    ✭✭✭
    Awesome! Hopefully Matt talks more about the next DLC.
    Just don't get my hopes up about race changes Matt, I've been hurt before...
    "Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination"
    -Mark Twain
  • Seamonkey001
    Seamonkey001
    ✭✭
    I am wondering if you are planning on adding calendars to the guild menu on console? It would be nice to have something in-game that would allow us to set up events on the same game to let guild members see without using external applications. I would appreciate your feedback, thanks.
    Edited by Seamonkey001 on January 15, 2016 1:53PM
    XBox Live GamerTag: Sea Monkey 001
    Main Character: Kelach, High Elf, Sorcerer, Level CP 275
    Guild: Fathers of The Dominion

Twitch: SeaMonkey001
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am wondering if you are planning on adding calendars to the guild menu? It would be nice to have something in-game that would allow us to set up events on the same game to let guild members see without using external applications. I would appreciate your feedback, thanks.
    I have also asked for this exact same thing on several threads :)
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
  • Greywolf_McGrowler
    Is there ever going to be a Guild Spotlight again? There hasn't been one for months so was wondering if it's worthwhile putting my guild response into the forums.
    Commander Greywolf34 PR of The Accursed Legion
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

this please ^

im glad they did the year ahead, but, it really laid the ground work for me on the truth of what eso has been all along.
    reality has hit me about eso.
  • Benegon
    Benegon
    ✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    I don't want to see, or even hear from Matt right now. Always good to have Brian on the show, though! How about we replace Matt with Wrobel to talk about class balance changes? Or even replace Matt with a cactus. Yeah, that'd be fine too. A cactus.

Why not? He can talk about whatever the heck he wants he doesn't need to say "I'm not allowed to say this" or "well that isn't in my ability to say you would have to ask Wrobel" type of thing. He just says what he wants to say.
  • EnOeZ
    EnOeZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi ZOS and Jessica, here are My questions :
    • Any new itemization for exclusive PVPers ? What about VR16 PVP gear (ravager, cyrodiil light, etc...) ?
    • Raw craft materials pushed to max rank (V16) in Cyrodiil ?
    • Could we have a 25% boost to traveling speed while on roads in Cyrodiil ? Players feel too much time is spent riding.
    • What about reviving other players for free (no soul shards) while in Cyrodiil ?
    • Plan for soloers ? Ex : When not in group can employ a guardian NPC for 10 min.
    • Improved PVP UI ? Ex : Showing location and heading of all friendly party leaders if group>4.
    • What about the gap between those who have macro keyboard/mouse and those who don't (animation cancelling through hardware seems so unfair) ? Plans to allow macro addons to compensate ?
    • Plans for built-in universal same name castle (they currently differ from one language to another, and it is a difficulty for foreigners (ex: French...) to understand and indicate waypoints)
    • Plans to get best "in-session" players like mini-emperorship every hour in each faction for those who cannot farm Emperor (to me emperorship should reward skill, not farm only)
    • Plans to also reward solo roaming playstyle in Cyrodiil ? What about giving incentives away from zerging to address that important playerbase expectation ?
    • Could healer NPCs also heal players please ? I wish they could. I can't think why they should not. Helping once again solo PVPers in defending resources for example, especially if they have a tanking setup.
    • Potions and Cyrodiil buff modification : they currently (de)multiply the player's regeneration after a resource capture for example (ex : "continuous attack"), rewarding more those who enchant their rings and gear with regen and penalizing those who go cost reduction. Would love to see potions and buffs that also do that (or that the buffs split evenly in both resource mechanisms)
    • Heavy armor in PVP is still (very) sub-par, especially since 40%+ penetration abilities and CP are so common. Any balance plans ? Any buff to the "Constitution" passive ? Any return of the former +7% damage to melee attacks ? Other Heavy Armor plans (so many threads on this subject...)

And also
    • Anti-zerging buff that would also alleviate the lag issue : what about a change in Cyrodiil Battle Buff that fluctuate if you are in a group a raid or solo ? For example :
    • Solo +10% Health Stamina and Magicka, Spell and Weapon Damage and 10% cost reduction and magicka, stamina and ultimate abilities, call it "survival instinct"
    • 2/3/4 players group 5/4/3% Health Stamina and Magicka, Spell and Weapon Damage and 10% cost reduction and magicka, stamina and ultimate abilities, call it "call of the pact"
    • 4+ players : no additional buff
    • This would also make night play more interesting, since it would be more feasible to capture and defend points when fewer players are available.

Thanks !
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please please please tell us that you'll be adding vet-mode continuation stories to some of the normal dungeons...
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bfish22090 wrote: »
    You guys better get this ESO live right, alot of players are deciding whether or not to leave the game on Friday
    @Bfish22090 You may want to elaborate on why that is, otherwise they won't know what they should be talking about to keep that section of the player base.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • MystixCZ
    MystixCZ
    ✭✭✭
    EnOeZ wrote: »

[/list]

And also
    • Anti-zerging buff that would also alleviate the lag issue : what about a change in Cyrodiil Battle Buff that fluctuate if you are in a group a raid or solo ? For example :
    • Solo +10% Health Stamina and Magicka, Spell and Weapon Damage and 10% cost reduction and magicka, stamina and ultimate abilities, call it "survival instinct"
    • 2/3/4 players group 5/4/3% Health Stamina and Magicka, Spell and Weapon Damage and 10% cost reduction and magicka, stamina and ultimate abilities, call it "call of the pact"
    • This would also make night play more interesting, since it would be more feasible to capture and defend points when fewer players are available.

Thanks !

Yes, yes ... Zerg si evil for PvP. Please ... elimination zergs and prefare group about 4 - 8 players. I like PvP, but i don't like fight with zerg. It is not fight. It is very big chaos and lag fest.
    Breton | Templar | CP 700+ | Achiv point 23K+
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the official discussion thread for the blog article ESO Live's Next Episode: 01/15. Join us at a slightly earlier time tomorrow (3PM EST) for our first show of 2016! We'll chat with Game Director Matt Firor about this week's ESO - The Year Ahead message, and discuss upcoming Alliance War changes and improvements with Lead PvP Designer Brian Wheeler. See you there!

4am Aussie time, right O... better get a early night!
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    4am Aussie time, right O... better get a early night!
    Or you could wait til it goes to youtube
  • Seamonkey001
    Seamonkey001
    ✭✭
    EnOeZ wrote: »
    • Any new itemization for exclusive PVPers ? What about VR16 PVP gear (ravager, cyrodiil light, etc...) ?
    • Raw craft materials pushed to max rank (V16) in Cyrodiil ?
    • Could we have a 25% boost to traveling speed while on roads in Cyrodiil ? Players feel too much time is spent riding.
    • What about reviving other players for free (no soul shards) while in Cyrodiil ?
    • Plan for soloers ? Ex : When not in group can employ a guardian NPC for 10 min.
    • Improved PVP UI ? Ex : Showing location and heading of all friendly party leaders if group>4.
    • What about the gap between those who have macro keyboard/mouse and those who don't (animation cancelling through hardware seems so unfair) ? Plans to allow macro addons to compensate ?
    • Plans for built-in universal same name castle (they currently differ from one language to another, and it is a difficulty for foreigners (ex: French...) to understand and indicate waypoints)
    • Plans to get best "in-session" players like mini-emperorship every hour in each faction for those who cannot farm Emperor (to me emperorship should reward skill, not farm only)
    • Plans to also reward solo roaming playstyle in Cyrodiil ? What about giving incentives away from zerging to address that important playerbase expectation ?
    • Could healer NPCs also heal players please ? I wish they could. I can't think why they should not. Helping once again solo PVPers in defending resources for example, especially if they have a tanking setup.
    • Potions and Cyrodiil buff modification : they currently (de)multiply the player's regeneration after a resource capture for example (ex : "continuous attack"), rewarding more those who enchant their rings and gear with regen and penalizing those who go cost reduction. Would love to see potions and buffs that also do that (or that the buffs split evenly in both resource mechanisms)
    • Heavy armor in PVP is still (very) sub-par, especially since 40%+ penetration abilities and CP are so common. Any balance plans ? Any buff to the "Constitution" passive ? Any return of the former +7% damage to melee attacks ? Other Heavy Armor plans (so many threads on this subject...)

And also

Thanks !

I believe they are addressing this issue on the Thieves Guild DLC. @ZOS_BrianWheeler stating that they are looking at increasing siege weapon damage by a "minimum" of 30%. It was about 3 ESO Live episodes back if I recall correctly.
    XBox Live GamerTag: Sea Monkey 001
    Main Character: Kelach, High Elf, Sorcerer, Level CP 275
    Guild: Fathers of The Dominion

Twitch: SeaMonkey001