The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Sypher vs. Crown & Parody: Results of the bet!

• RAGUNAnoOne
    RAGUNAnoOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FENGRUSH wrote: »
    WRX wrote: »
    Manoekin wrote: »
    frozywozy wrote: »
    Satiar wrote: »
    wknt4.jpg

Oh man.

You loved my group when it was playing for your faction. How times change ;)

Yeah, the game was not as laggy and you were not running 24men.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoU5jqjdrmU

What.

Talk about a super team there. GG, to bad that is around the time the game basically stopped supporting competitive PvP as we knew it.

And Sypher's video sums up pretty well the issue with some mechanics as far as AP goes. Points are points, and I see no issue with getting 500k+ points per day. But it is super cheese, and the worst of players (which these aren't) could be 5 stars in 2 months doing this. At least to me, AR and AP is nearly the only achievement that is a genuine challenge and actually means something, and seeing it this way is meh..

Can't say it is worse than abusing AoE caps or lagging out skills either though.

FENGRUSH approved

probably the only time FENGRUSH and I will agree on the same thing here so write this moment in the history books :p
    PS4 NA
    Argonian Master Race

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Support Tail armor and tail ribbons: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/236333/concept-tail-armor-for-beast-races#latest
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/246134/request-dyeable-tail-ribbons
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I noticed in this thread that people fail to realize not everyone gets ap at the same rate, not everyone knows how to farm ap and everyone doesn't know about every ap tick. So playing solo and in a group for ap depends on the player.

I've gotten emp solo several times solo & was up by thousands or millions but does that mean the next person can do the same thing? Probably not & I believe that's the real issue with solo/group gains.
    Edited by CatchMeTrolling on December 31, 2015 9:38PM
  • PosternHouse
    PosternHouse
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ezareth wrote: »
    less talk about ap more talk about prizza

Best pizza I ever ate was from a small shop....in Aruba. A whole Island to explore and experience and I ate the same Pizza for 3 days in a row. If I ever go back I'd probably do the same thing.

Haven't made it out to Italy yet unfortunately but its on my list. Will consume copious amounts of Pizza and Pasta while there...and (hopefully) breadsticks!

I've had a lot of pizza in the states, and nothing has ever compared to a simple Neapolitan Margherita prepared by an hunched over Italian grandmother that couldn't speak a lick of English.

Eq_it-na_pizza-margherita_sep2005_sml.jpg
  • Darnathian
    Darnathian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darnathian wrote: »
    Crown wrote: »
    A few clarifications from our side:

It's pretty obvious that groups are CAPABLE of making more AP than solo/small group IN LAG / high latency conditions. With the exception of some very specific play styles, when latency hits 400ms and/or frames drop below 10, MOST solo players have zero (maybe not zero, but very very low) chance to make any plays.

I believe that the current AP reward for killing players is CLOSE for solo vs group for most play styles.

I hope that the result of this exercise have shown that solo AP farming is a VERY DIFFERENT play style from solo or 1vX. Solo AP farming is VERY boring, and Parody only continued on to prove the point and win the bet (and because I ordered us pizza).

The pizza was VERY good. It had a medium whole wheat crust, with extra tomato sauce, pepperoni, mushrooms, green peppers, sun dried tomatoes, onions, bacon, Italian sausage, hot banana peppers, garlic butter brushed on the crust, and extra mozzarella cheese.

Anyone who likes anything else on their pizza better than the above is wrong.

I believe that if the lag issues were to be resolved and AoE caps removed, then the likelihood that small groups and solo players will make the similar AP as groups is very high. We can't know this until it's tested in real play conditions, but as the formally acknowledged Grand God of AP ***, my opinion on this matter should hold some weight ;-)

I believe that one of the driving forces for the upcoming AP changes is to incentivize players to run smaller groups in order to decrease the hit on the server(s) from larger groups. I believe that the decision had NOTHING to do with balancing AP gains, and everything to do with trying to alleviate latency challenges when large groups come together.

In order to realistically incentivize small group play, their damage has to be sufficient to take out a large group (if they play well enough) so hopefully we will see some good changes on that front.

From @Sypher's perspective, as a solo player, he makes less AP once the lag hits. At the start of the campaign for the first 2-3 hours, the top spots were neck and neck. It is perfectly reasonable that from his perspective increasing AP gains for solo and small group play would make sense. I don't fault him for that, he is a niche player (meaning he has a specific style and rarely deviates from that style), and probably one of the best solo players out there. If the upcoming changes to AP are made as we understand them, then I have no doubt that unless someone explicitly uses Parody's play style to farm AP, very few people will be able to beat @Sypher on the leader board.

Then i hope someone will play that way. because i tell you now i will have zero incentive to help crown Shpher if he is on his AD sorc. i get it its thier playstyle but it does absolutely zero for the campIgn. at least Fengrush ganks the reinforcement lines. lol.

Does he have an AD sorc as well? I swear I was fighting him on a DC sorc at one point.

Either way solo Sorc emps have rarely contributed much to the campaign. Only in the days of permanegates could you meaningfully impact zergballs running around. Then again, these days Emps are far less powerful than they were in the 1.5 glory days.

Loli was a great emp sorc. i wont discuss his build though. he can if he wants. but our groups were much more powerful.
  • Zavus
    Zavus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Was all over the map on reset. zergvzerg. (prime rib for this supposed solo playstyle) didnt see this players dmg on me at anytime all day. I did see lots of OTHER solo people trying this tactic and yeah, they got juice from whoever lost. But nothing that good. So the considerable jumps in AP, the timing of the jumps were like someone was being fed. If people can make 60k in 30 min by doing this. I dont care how boring they think it is. They will do it. and I dont see that happening.

I did notice however, getting kicked to loggin screen when im doing actions (or sometimes when im not) so I know I wasn't lagging. This is not a crash, or exessive message limit. This goes on all day very frequently. Which happens every camp reset and no other time....interesting...

-Meth
    Edited by Zavus on December 31, 2015 11:06PM
    Zavus - Worst NB NA / First NB RANK 50
    "Most carried General NA" - Cent Satori

Haxus

• Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

It's pretty obvious that groups are CAPABLE of making more AP than solo/small group IN LAG / high latency conditions. With the exception of some very specific play styles, when latency hits 400ms and/or frames drop below 10, MOST solo players have zero (maybe not zero, but very very low) chance to make any plays.

I believe that the current AP reward for killing players is CLOSE for solo vs group for most play styles.

I hope that the result of this exercise have shown that solo AP farming is a VERY DIFFERENT play style from solo or 1vX. Solo AP farming is VERY boring, and Parody only continued on to prove the point and win the bet (and because I ordered us pizza).

The pizza was VERY good. It had a medium whole wheat crust, with extra tomato sauce, pepperoni, mushrooms, green peppers, sun dried tomatoes, onions, bacon, Italian sausage, hot banana peppers, garlic butter brushed on the crust, and extra mozzarella cheese.

I believe that if the lag issues were to be resolved and AoE caps removed, then the likelihood that small groups and solo players will make the similar AP as groups is very high. We can't know this until it's tested in real play conditions, but as the formally acknowledged Grand God of AP ***, my opinion on this matter should hold some weight ;-)

I believe that one of the driving forces for the upcoming AP changes is to incentivize players to run smaller groups in order to decrease the hit on the server(s) from larger groups. I believe that the decision had NOTHING to do with balancing AP gains, and everything to do with trying to alleviate latency challenges when large groups come together.

In order to realistically incentivize small group play, their damage has to be sufficient to take out a large group (if they play well enough) so hopefully we will see some good changes on that front.

From @Sypher's perspective, as a solo player, he makes less AP once the lag hits. At the start of the campaign for the first 2-3 hours, the top spots were neck and neck. It is perfectly reasonable that from his perspective increasing AP gains for solo and small group play would make sense. I don't fault him for that, he is a niche player (meaning he has a specific style and rarely deviates from that style), and probably one of the best solo players out there. If the upcoming changes to AP are made as we understand them, then I have no doubt that unless someone explicitly uses Parody's play style to farm AP, very few people will be able to beat @Sypher on the leader board.

Then i hope someone will play that way. because i tell you now i will have zero incentive to help crown Shpher if he is on his AD sorc. i get it its thier playstyle but it does absolutely zero for the campIgn. at least Fengrush ganks the reinforcement lines. lol.

Does he have an AD sorc as well? I swear I was fighting him on a DC sorc at one point.

Either way solo Sorc emps have rarely contributed much to the campaign. Only in the days of permanegates could you meaningfully impact zergballs running around. Then again, these days Emps are far less powerful than they were in the 1.5 glory days.

Loli was a great emp sorc. i wont discuss his build though. he can if he wants. but our groups were much more powerful.

Great players make a difference Emp or not. Great Sorc Emperors are not more effective than two other great players of equal skill. They are not force multipliers like they used to be back in the day. Dynamic Ult, 50% damage reduction, AoE Caps and the 30% stat nerf (on top of the 40% Health stat nerf) have saw to that.

The most effective emperors are surrounded by a support group because solo they're really not changing much if you consider it but if you ever fight those people (and group) they are pretty much just as effective when they aren't emp.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xeniph wrote: »
    @FENGRUSH The hostility is due to my being very proud of how much she's learned over the past month, and the never ending *** talking and whispers that she gets now when she's online. I took your response as another implied insult.

She spends most of her time finding the red vs blue fights, and killing people who are out of position. Similar to what most of you solo players do, though you guys tend to find the fights between your faction and one other - which limits you to specific targets that other players from your own faction have likely already targeted. With zero support from other allied players, it's all on her to kill or be killed - or do enough damage to opponents already in fights such that her percentage of AP gains is higher than others.

The simple way as a DC, find an AD fighting an EP. Wait until both are low on resources. Kill the more powerful one, then the less powerful one. Get the points.

IE...True ganking. Good for her!

I did this for a long while after release. The run times to/from Bleakers eventually got tedius and I got lazy. It most certainly will keep you on your toes though.

I'm sure her rage tells are frequent and plentiful.

Not really talking about ganking, talking about 'tagging' people and collecting. Im cutting a clip from my stream last night just to demonstrate what I mean - and its nothing foreign to me, its just how it works. You could do this between 2 enemies and always come out on top because youre never a loser. In this case - DC comes in and cleans up a group we were already fighting. While they killed them from full health, all of my damage and my groups was still in there, and you can see we collect a decent amount. If I was solo here I would have collected a lot more.

This in essence is how you can be 'solo' and actually function solo - but net huge AP gains operating near a group of yours.. which is all I was asking about. But being a nightblade - you can go between enemies relatively easy throw in a det and an AOE ult and youve pretty much tagged enough damage to net the full payment of a full group.

Im sure something to this effect happened for @Crown wife even though he is saying she was just 'soloing' because its not likely you outperform some of the leaders on AD leaderboard by yourself. If you were that good, The Lord FENGRUSH would know your name.

I have to disagree with your understanding of "Tagging" people @FENGRUSH . AP collected is directly proportional to the amount of damage you(and your team) did to a players health pool over the prior 5 minutes unless the player died in those 5 minutes in which case it is calculated at the point of ressurection. If a player is worth 1000 AP and you did 50% of the damage to their health over the past 5 minutes while solo you would get 500 AP if they die. If that player has 20,000 hitpoints and you did 10,000 damage to the player, then they healed themselves to full and another player took them from 20,000 to dead, you would get 250 AP.

Now there are other bonuses that increase the amount of AP you receive (Or reduce it) but that's the basic gist. You really don't get much AP for "Tagging". You get a lot of AP notifications but if you look at the amounts they are relatively small unless you did a significant amount of damage to the players health.

Solo ganking provides the most AP, especially if you're able to disengage and rengage at will. The primary reason @sypherpk2ub17_ESO lost is because Magicka Sorcs now have zero chance to disengage from large groups. The Bolt Escape nerf gutted the mobility of the magick sorc to where they have zero chance at outrunning any stamina build unless they're near a door somewhere.

Back when I would be #1 AP by a mile on my Sorc it was precisely the ability to pick and choose my fights and targets that gave me the ability to lead everyone else. Now, I die far to often as was probably the case with Sypher compared to PArody. It would be interesting to see the stats of each player in the contest on deaths over the course of those 10 hours. I'd bet a Pizza that Sypher died twice as much as Parody or more.

I know this - I didnt suggest you get X% AP once you touch them with caltrops. Its about dealing damage to their health pool. But my point is I could do enough damage to kill them 2-3x, then someone rolls through while theyre all full HP sitting there and die. You will collect your big AP check at the end. Go to bridge while EP/AD fighting and dump a few oils on a mess of guilds. Get PAID.
  • FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Docmandu wrote: »
    Some of these streamers are always quick to cry and point out issues for them.. then continue to slot reverberating bash (since it's known to be broken) and ask for invis pots so they can exploit the bug with invisible rez... yeah, really the type of players ZOS should listen to.

This. ^^^^^. As the Lord likes to point out about how dumb zergs are. here is some simple math.

24 people against a group of 8 would be a 3 to 1 advantage. the other night he chased me down with 8 people. thats 8 to 1. when i called him out he told me some BS that "he hates nbs so its okay".

I AM A FRIGGAN STAMPLAR I TELL HIM.

his response was.... thats right silence. hypocrit

lol, you died so fast out of sneak I thought you were a NB crawling around with a bow. Either way, you didnt get 'chased down' by 8 people, you were just leftovers sneaking around that I jumped after. General Lord FENGRUSH was leading the covenant and has to display indomitable fury on the battlefield.

When people say hypocrite to stuff like this, it really is just a stretch.
  • FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Best pizza I ever ate was from a small shop....in Aruba. A whole Island to explore and experience and I ate the same Pizza for 3 days in a row. If I ever go back I'd probably do the same thing.

Haven't made it out to Italy yet unfortunately but its on my list. Will consume copious amounts of Pizza and Pasta while there...and (hopefully) breadsticks!

I've had a lot of pizza in the states, and nothing has ever compared to a simple Neapolitan Margherita prepared by an hunched over Italian grandmother that couldn't speak a lick of English.

Looks amazing - one of my favorites. There is great pizza too in the states, you just gotta find the right people! Theres people making *** pizza in italy too - I found that place as well!
  • Erondil
    Erondil
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Great players make a difference Emp or not. Great Sorc Emperors are not more effective than two other great players of equal skill. They are not force multipliers like they used to be back in the day. Dynamic Ult, 50% damage reduction, AoE Caps and the 30% stat nerf (on top of the 40% Health stat nerf) have saw to that.

The most effective emperors are surrounded by a support group because solo they're really not changing much if you consider it but if you ever fight those people (and group) they are pretty much just as effective when they aren't emp.
    Great emps can solo bomb full raids and actually kill them, at least magicka deto emp. And your second point isnt true aswell, 20k deto+20k dawnbreaker is better for a group than 2 players.
    ~retired~
    EU server, former Zerg Squad and Banana Squad officer
    Dennegor NB AD, AvA 50 Grand Overlord 24/05/2016
    rekt you NB AD, AvA 32
    Erondil Sorc AD, AvA 23
    Denne the Banana Slayer NB EP, AvA 14
    Darth Dennegor lv50 Stamina NB DC, AvA 19
    Youtube Channel
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xeniph wrote: »
    @FENGRUSH The hostility is due to my being very proud of how much she's learned over the past month, and the never ending *** talking and whispers that she gets now when she's online. I took your response as another implied insult.

She spends most of her time finding the red vs blue fights, and killing people who are out of position. Similar to what most of you solo players do, though you guys tend to find the fights between your faction and one other - which limits you to specific targets that other players from your own faction have likely already targeted. With zero support from other allied players, it's all on her to kill or be killed - or do enough damage to opponents already in fights such that her percentage of AP gains is higher than others.

The simple way as a DC, find an AD fighting an EP. Wait until both are low on resources. Kill the more powerful one, then the less powerful one. Get the points.

IE...True ganking. Good for her!

I did this for a long while after release. The run times to/from Bleakers eventually got tedius and I got lazy. It most certainly will keep you on your toes though.

I'm sure her rage tells are frequent and plentiful.

Not really talking about ganking, talking about 'tagging' people and collecting. Im cutting a clip from my stream last night just to demonstrate what I mean - and its nothing foreign to me, its just how it works. You could do this between 2 enemies and always come out on top because youre never a loser. In this case - DC comes in and cleans up a group we were already fighting. While they killed them from full health, all of my damage and my groups was still in there, and you can see we collect a decent amount. If I was solo here I would have collected a lot more.

This in essence is how you can be 'solo' and actually function solo - but net huge AP gains operating near a group of yours.. which is all I was asking about. But being a nightblade - you can go between enemies relatively easy throw in a det and an AOE ult and youve pretty much tagged enough damage to net the full payment of a full group.

Im sure something to this effect happened for @Crown wife even though he is saying she was just 'soloing' because its not likely you outperform some of the leaders on AD leaderboard by yourself. If you were that good, The Lord FENGRUSH would know your name.

I have to disagree with your understanding of "Tagging" people @FENGRUSH . AP collected is directly proportional to the amount of damage you(and your team) did to a players health pool over the prior 5 minutes unless the player died in those 5 minutes in which case it is calculated at the point of ressurection. If a player is worth 1000 AP and you did 50% of the damage to their health over the past 5 minutes while solo you would get 500 AP if they die. If that player has 20,000 hitpoints and you did 10,000 damage to the player, then they healed themselves to full and another player took them from 20,000 to dead, you would get 250 AP.

Now there are other bonuses that increase the amount of AP you receive (Or reduce it) but that's the basic gist. You really don't get much AP for "Tagging". You get a lot of AP notifications but if you look at the amounts they are relatively small unless you did a significant amount of damage to the players health.

Solo ganking provides the most AP, especially if you're able to disengage and rengage at will. The primary reason @sypherpk2ub17_ESO lost is because Magicka Sorcs now have zero chance to disengage from large groups. The Bolt Escape nerf gutted the mobility of the magick sorc to where they have zero chance at outrunning any stamina build unless they're near a door somewhere.

Back when I would be #1 AP by a mile on my Sorc it was precisely the ability to pick and choose my fights and targets that gave me the ability to lead everyone else. Now, I die far to often as was probably the case with Sypher compared to PArody. It would be interesting to see the stats of each player in the contest on deaths over the course of those 10 hours. I'd bet a Pizza that Sypher died twice as much as Parody or more.

I know this - I didnt suggest you get X% AP once you touch them with caltrops. Its about dealing damage to their health pool. But my point is I could do enough damage to kill them 2-3x, then someone rolls through while theyre all full HP sitting there and die. You will collect your big AP check at the end. Go to bridge while EP/AD fighting and dump a few oils on a mess of guilds. Get PAID.

Yeah pumping damage into large groups for an extended time will net your amazing AP. Provided that group actually dies within the next few minutes (so you have to be selective on who you engage) and that you don't die in the process. As a solo player this used to be much easier as a magicka Sorc. Now you pretty much are stuck with the old Templar Blazing Shield Zerg-diving strat of taking as many with you as possible and then running back. Stam-sorcs can do it well since they don't rely on Bolt escape for the majority of their mobility. Even so, you don't bother doing much (or any) solo outside of the Sewers these days because with no cloak, you're an ambush spam-train away from death most of the time.

Nightblades have it easiest due to cloak and shade escapes.

Looks amazing - one of my favorites. There is great pizza too in the states, you just gotta find the right people! Theres people making *** pizza in italy too - I found that place as well!

I agree.

The owner of this local coffee shop I frequent for lunch hand makes these pizzas for me that look just like that and they are amazing (if plain). I couldn't tell you why, she doesn't make them for anyone else and she doesn't sell them. She probably wants me to marry one of her daughters....a man could do worse if they cook anything as well as she does. I guess having 12 kids will teach you a think or two about cooking.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Taco bell isn't real mexican..in fact i'm 90% sure its dog meat

but man...Fido is tasty

• BRogueNZ
    BRogueNZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JDar wrote: »
    I take back what I said about this requiring a whole lot of skill or technique

I'm looking forward to lots of people trying to do what is shown in this video, failing miserably, and wondering why it's not as easy as @Sypher implied it was, especially since @JDar says it doesn't require a whole lot of skill or technique. @JDar lets see if you can make an average of 50k AP / hour for 12 hours. Keep in mind that this was @Lightingale playing who I've been training how to play solo NB for about three weeks. You have not yet seen what I can do. Care to wager?

So what were you doing during this time? Just wondering.

Edited by BRogueNZ on January 1, 2016 2:46AM
  • Crown
    Crown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BRogueNZ wrote: »
    So what were you doing during this time? Just wondering.

I was at an archery contest in the morning, then in the afternoon I moved my lazyboy chair behind @Lightingale 's computer desk so I could watch Parody, logged in on my laptop, and gave her advice while standing around at the gate enjoying yelling at Grand Warlord Sorcalin (as I outrank her now). I then played some StarCraft, and wrote a new song for running the Scroll of Altadoon (I sang the first part this evening - after drinking a fair bit - and apparently @WRX loved it so much that he had to leave TS until I was finished). It's very nice not caring about AP any more..

Today we played together and made about 450k (see leaderboards, she went from 1 million to 1.4 million, and I from almost nothing to 450k ish). I didn't want there to be any issue with me "helping" her yesterday by setting up damage then moving out of range so that she gets all the AP (which is another very viable way to get one person a lot of AP very quickly). As @Lightingale wants to play her Templar after she is crowned on her NB, we stopped farming AP so that she doesn't get too far ahead of Lowpolicy - who should be able to pass her with a good day of play.
    Edited by Crown on January 1, 2016 4:38AM
    Crown | AD NB | First AD/NA Grand Overlord (2015/12/26)
    PvP Guides @ DarkElves.com
  • RadioheadSh0t
    RadioheadSh0t
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wknt4.jpg

Oh man.

What.

Oh the memories...
    Aldonius Direnni - Vet Altmer Sorc (AD)
    Tyrus Telvanni - Vet Dunmer DK (AD)
    Al Donius Bundy - Vet Imperial NB (AD)
    Aldonius Brutus - Vet Orc DK (DC)
  • Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    wknt4.jpg

Oh man.

What.

Oh the memories...

Yeah that was a good group like WRX said. WTB @Huntler back especially. RIP. Miss my Templar healing partner since forever.
  • Minnesinger
    Minnesinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh yeas! I have never tasted a better pizza than the ones Sardinia. They make a very simple pizza taste like a piece of heaven. Note they don´t make pizzas in fine restaurants but you buy directly from a guy in the street. Yammy! Btw nice AP gain.
    The wind is cold where I live,
    The blizzard is my home,
    Snow and ice and loaded dice, the Wizard lives alone.
  • Zavus
    Zavus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zavus wrote: »
    Was all over the map on reset. zergvzerg. (prime rib for this supposed solo playstyle) didnt see this players dmg on me at anytime all day. I did see lots of OTHER solo people trying this tactic and yeah, they got juice from whoever lost. But nothing that good. So the considerable jumps in AP, the timing of the jumps were like someone was being fed. If people can make 60k in 30 min by doing this. I dont care how boring they think it is. They will do it. and I dont see that happening.

I did notice however, getting kicked to loggin screen when im doing actions (or sometimes when im not) so I know I wasn't lagging. This is not a crash, or exessive message limit. This goes on all day very frequently. Which happens every camp reset and no other time....interesting...

-Meth

love the no comment on this comment
    Zavus - Worst NB NA / First NB RANK 50
    "Most carried General NA" - Cent Satori

Haxus

• Crown
    Crown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    love the no comment on this comment

If you really want comments, playing in the lag right now is impossible, so might as well take 5 minutes to make you happy..
    Was all over the map on reset. zergvzerg. (prime rib for this supposed solo playstyle)

Yes it is. Always look forward to the AP on reset days.
    didnt see this players dmg on me at anytime all day.

Don't aggro Haxus or Vehemence is rather critical to living through engagements. I'm sure you show up in some of the ShadowPlays. When we're really really bored we might made a "best of" video. How about yesterday? Did you see us both making about 450k in about 8 hours together - we did make some good AP rather close to your crew.
    I did see lots of OTHER solo people trying this tactic and yeah, they got juice from whoever lost. But nothing that good.

Then they're not doing it optimally. I never said that what Sypher showed is exactly what is being done - just that the principle is right. Running into a zerg and AoE'ing is stupid.
    So the considerable jumps in AP, the timing of the jumps were like someone was being fed.

Consistently over 15 hours? That would probably cost a lot more in bribes than I have to spend. There were 2 minute periods where 20k AP was made, and others where ganking netted a kill or three every few minutes. It adds up.
    If people can make 60k in 30 min by doing this. I don't care how boring they think it is. They will do it.

60k in 30 mins is the exception to the norm, and I believe her best hour was about 80k. She averaged about 50k / hour for most of it, some hours were close to 75k, some were close to 25k. How is that so unreasonable? You do the same often enough..
    Crown | AD NB | First AD/NA Grand Overlord (2015/12/26)
    PvP Guides @ DarkElves.com
  • Makkir
    Makkir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I LOVE the spinach and Feta pizza (only the thin, crunchy crust) from Dominos.
  • Makkir
    Makkir
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I do have rather Spartan tastes I suppose. My guild used make fun of my because I had regular Pillsbury Biscuits for dinner every night for a year straight. I love these conversations with the coffee purists as well. I spend enough at Starbucks every month for a new car payment. I try everything recommended by the "Experts" and it's never as good to me.

Then there are those PvP "Purists" who try to tell me that Overload is bad.... ; )

@Ezareth I heard Overloads good for toasting those dinner biscuits.
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Makkir wrote: »
    I LOVE the spinach and Feta pizza (only the thin, crunchy crust) from Dominos.

Just ate a Tuscan Six cheese from Pappa Johns. It wasn't close to the best pizza I ever had but it did the trick, was free, and I didn't have to drive to Italy to experience it ( ;
    Makkir wrote: »

I do have rather Spartan tastes I suppose. My guild used make fun of my because I had regular Pillsbury Biscuits for dinner every night for a year straight. I love these conversations with the coffee purists as well. I spend enough at Starbucks every month for a new car payment. I try everything recommended by the "Experts" and it's never as good to me.

Then there are those PvP "Purists" who try to tell me that Overload is bad.... ; )

@Ezareth I heard Overloads good for toasting those dinner biscuits.

If only...
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some of these streamers are always quick to cry and point out issues for them.. then continue to slot reverberating bash (since it's known to be broken) and ask for invis pots so they can exploit the bug with invisible rez... yeah, really the type of players ZOS should listen to.

And we can now add using bugged shards in a specific PvE dungeon to that list of used exploits.. seems the streamer moto (for some) is, if you can't win, cheat
    Edited by Docmandu on January 5, 2016 12:13PM
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    wknt4.jpg

Oh man.

What.

Scrub roll call!
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

And we can now add using bugged shards in a specific PvE dungeon to that list of used exploits.. seems the streamer moto (for some) is, if you can't win, cheat

Whats great about this is I streamed how to do these dungeons and pointed out issues with them frequently - this one was mentioned plenty to @Seiffer - it was also 'fixed':
    Molag Kena's Storm Wall will no longer disappear due to damage from area of effect abilities.

Thats in the patch notes from October. Do you know how many issues get fixed and still arent fixed? I mean - really serious issues - and after the first pass or so they just put it off either indefinitely or try it again in the next major overhaul.

This isnt the players or streamers fault at all really. Weve fixed Molag Bal in the sewers like 2 or 3x now, right? Hes still not spawning correctly since Orsinium came out - and no content was added to IC during that patch, they only broke things in sewers during that patch. That is just unbelievably unacceptable - Orsinium released mid November.
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Whats great about this is I streamed how to do these dungeons and pointed out issues with them frequently - this one was mentioned plenty to @Seiffer - it was also 'fixed':
    Molag Kena's Storm Wall will no longer disappear due to damage from area of effect abilities.

Thats in the patch notes from October. Do you know how many issues get fixed and still arent fixed? I mean - really serious issues - and after the first pass or so they just put it off either indefinitely or try it again in the next major overhaul.

This isnt the players or streamers fault at all really. Weve fixed Molag Bal in the sewers like 2 or 3x now, right? Hes still not spawning correctly since Orsinium came out - and no content was added to IC during that patch, they only broke things in sewers during that patch. That is just unbelievably unacceptable - Orsinium released mid November.

Deliberately abusing an unfixed exploit for the intend of triggering the exploit = cheating. However you want to put it. Even more so that in this specific instance, the healer wasn't doing it, then got told to spam shards to bug it out. There's a BIG difference to unavoidably using something that is bugged, I mean, using shards to give the tank stamina isn't anything strange.. but here the reason the healer was told to spam the shard was to specifically bug out the encounter.

And it's not the first time stuff like this happens on stream (by streamers -- in general here, not pointing to anyone in particular btw).. remember seeing plenty of NBs glitching into closed outposts by abusing the bug with the postern door or a well known DK that doesn't play anymore trying to do it (but failing).

Or the some streamers that happily glitched magelight with overload on stream and even went to load up their ultimate on mobs in cyrodiil when they died so they could glitch again, not exactly use by accident.

I know twitch doesn't do anything.. and ZOS won't do anything either... but I have issues with cheaters and find it pretty sad that it has come this far that cheating on stream is the popular thing to do. (it's not just an ESO thing). Also not saying every streamer is doing it.
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Deliberately abusing an unfixed exploit for the intend of triggering the exploit = cheating. However you want to put it. Even more so that in this specific instance, the healer wasn't doing it, then got told to spam shards to bug it out. There's a BIG difference to unavoidably using something that is bugged, I mean, using shards to give the tank stamina isn't anything strange.. but here the reason the healer was told to spam the shard was to specifically bug out the encounter.

And it's not the first time stuff like this happens on stream (by streamers -- in general here, not pointing to anyone in particular btw).. remember seeing plenty of NBs glitching into closed outposts by abusing the bug with the postern door or a well known DK that doesn't play anymore trying to do it (but failing).

Or the some streamers that happily glitched magelight with overload on stream and even went to load up their ultimate on mobs in cyrodiil when they died so they could glitch again, not exactly use by accident.

I know twitch doesn't do anything.. and ZOS won't do anything either... but I have issues with cheaters and find it pretty sad that it has come this far that cheating on stream is the popular thing to do. (it's not just an ESO thing). Also not saying every streamer is doing it.

I don't know many who really care if people cheat in PvE and I'm one who hates cheaters more than most. You've probably exploited an encounter or two yourself throughout the years if you think about it. Whether it was ranging a certain boss where he couldn't hit you or resetting the vampires in that dungeon(can't think of its name) after killing one. The reason you do any of it is because you're not competing and it saves you time. Fengrush wasn't farming Kena because he was competing with others as he hates PvE, he was using the bug to save him time as he obviously could do the content without the bug. More power to him on that, especially since he reported it as well.

In PvP it is another story altogether, I've said my piece on that throughout the years. Just don't do it as it makes you a scumbag and there is zero excuse ever for it unless it is unintentional.

Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't know many who really care if people cheat in PvE and I'm one who hates cheaters more than most. You've probably exploited an encounter or two yourself throughout the years if you think about it. Whether it was ranging a certain boss where he couldn't hit you or resetting the vampires in that dungeon(can't think of its name) after killing one. The reason you do any of it is because you're not competing and it saves you time. Fengrush wasn't farming Kena because he was competing with others as he hates PvE, he was using the bug to save him time as he obviously could do the content without the bug. More power to him on that, especially since he reported it as well.

In PvP it is another story altogether, I've said my piece on that throughout the years. Just don't do it as it makes you a scumbag and there is zero excuse ever for it unless it is unintentional.

Actually.. I wasn't referring to something Fengrush did at all.. didn't even know he did a stream about that dungeon.

And to me, cheating = cheating.. doesn't matter if it's pve or pvp (even though I don't care about pve either, since I play this game for pvp). It's the act of cheating I have problems with.. doesnt matter if it's pve or pvp.. it's an MMO, so it will always have an effect on somebody... if you want to cheat in single player games, fine.. but in multiplayer games, you're not the only one impacted.

Pretty sad that some of you even find it all fine and dandy, for whatever reason... being ZOS slow on the fixing, it being done in a game mode you don't care about. Sad.

Maybe next reply is.. it's just a game, so who cares if people cheat, right?
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Actually.. I wasn't referring to something Fengrush did at all.. didn't even know he did a stream about that dungeon.

And to me, cheating = cheating.. doesn't matter if it's pve or pvp (even though I don't care about pve either, since I play this game for pvp). It's the act of cheating I have problems with.. doesnt matter if it's pve or pvp.. it's an MMO, so it will always have an effect on somebody... if you want to cheat in single player games, fine.. but in multiplayer games, you're not the only one impacted.

Pretty sad that some of you even find it all fine and dandy, for whatever reason... being ZOS slow on the fixing, it being done in a game mode you don't care about. Sad.

Maybe next reply is.. it's just a game, so who cares if people cheat, right?

The PvE in this game may as well be a single player game so I don't really see how cheating in it matters unless it is for something that is a ranked competition or is a major exploit like duping or some mass experience exploit etc.

Bugging out an encounter in a PvE encounter has kind of always been fair game IMO. Have you ever purposefully exploited the AI pathing on an encounter by hoping up and down ledges? That could be considered cheating.

If you are doing something that gives you an unfair advantage by cheating in a *competitive* aspect of a multiplayer game then yes to me you are scum. I guess that's just my own personal code.
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Slayyer-AUS
    Slayyer-AUS
    ✭✭✭
    REKT
    World first level 50 horse