The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

NB fear should be blockable

• bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    as someone mentioned the problem is CC in general not fear. People keep associating many common problems with that of it being a nb skill issue such as ambush. The truth is that there are a lot of nb running around because they are the hardest hitting stam users and stam is currently the meta. Therefore, because more people are running around with nb the nb skills get used more making people think it is an issue with the class. It is not. It is issue like gap closer roots and CC break issues.
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would also like to throw this out there....ZOS has previously come out and stated that they like fear going through block. They like its place on the battlefield and how unique it is. They like how it adds another element to fighting in cyrodil. I skill that keeps you in your toes. Feel free to dig through the ESO live videos around 1.5 ish. It is almost stated how I have said it.
  • Tilamor
    Tilamor
    Soul Shriven
    Yeah, fear is broken. Templar gets their AOE stun removed from the game. Radiant Depression nerfed twice, and now Topping Charge is broken. But ZOS keeps buffing the NB and Sorcs. Everyone is re-rolling to these two classes with the stupid fear and shield stacking.

I'm ready for a new game like Blade and Soul for the PC in Jan. ESO is dieing because of the unbalanced classes and ZOS is killing PVP with every patch or DLC. Not to mention the LAG that makes the game unplayable at times.
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mcurley wrote: »
    I don't get it... how would one "block" a fear?

The same way people block meteors.

Think of unicorns and happy thought's

If blocking stops Fear then it should stop all CCs Hard CCs, soft CCs, roots and snares. If it can stop fear it should stop everything

Sounds good to me!
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BuggeX wrote: »

If blocking stops Fear then it should stop all CCs Hard CCs, soft CCs, roots and snares. If it can stop fear it should stop everything

Maybe not block but it needs to be balanced, aoe cc which breaks block, has dmg reduction, slow and makes you lose control of your character in 1 skill? Doesn't even break with dmg like every other cc.

Needs to be broken with dmg and have 1 of it's effects removed.

Well both the Dragon Knights and Sorcerers have a CC that don't break on damage.

well i Play my dk since the beta, have spend 140 days on him, but i never saw a cc witch isnt blockable and doesnt brake on dmg on him, fozzilize doese even give you a 4k shild, to start with my epic cc........

Fossilize is single target unblock able and let's you get your class DoT ticks in so yea plus it's quickly followed with a Wrecking Blow before you can break.

dot gets absorbet by the shild, and brake the stun instant

So my Dragon Knight can't Crit Rush > Burning Breathe > Molten Armaments > Full Heavy > Fossilize > Wrecking Blow.

Cause that what I do and they are locked down with the DoT ticking 3.9k weapon damage buffed so my DoT tick pretty hard. Harder if I pop Corrosive Armor.
    Chaos Shadow-Scale: Shadow Archer
    Chaos Death-Scale: Shadow Knight
    Tanks-With-Sap-Essence: Dark Mage
    Dark Brotherhood Listener: Blade of Argonia
    Chaos Dragon-Scale: Draconic Shield Master
    Chaos Light-Scale: Marsh Paladin
    Chaos Lightning-Scale: Daedric Master
    Hurricane Chaos: Storm Archer
    Bask-In-My-Light: Warrior of The Light
    Forged-In-Dragon-Fire: Pyro Mage
    Guardian of The Hist: Light Mender
    Chaos of Black Marsh: Master of The Burning Sword
    Star of Chaos: Frost Blade Champion
    Chaos-Lightning-Tower: Lightning Shield Master

For the King of Argonia
    May Sithis hold back his Void
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe not block but it needs to be balanced, aoe cc which breaks block, has dmg reduction, slow and makes you lose control of your character in 1 skill? Doesn't even break with dmg like every other cc.

Needs to be broken with dmg and have 1 of it's effects removed.

Well both the Dragon Knights and Sorcerers have a CC that don't break on damage.

well i Play my dk since the beta, have spend 140 days on him, but i never saw a cc witch isnt blockable and doesnt brake on dmg on him, fozzilize doese even give you a 4k shild, to start with my epic cc........

Fossilize is single target unblock able and let's you get your class DoT ticks in so yea plus it's quickly followed with a Wrecking Blow before you can break.

dot gets absorbet by the shild, and brake the stun instant

So my Dragon Knight can't Crit Rush > Burning Breathe > Molten Armaments > Full Heavy > Fossilize > Wrecking Blow.

Cause that what I do and they are locked down with the DoT ticking 3.9k weapon damage buffed so my DoT tick pretty hard. Harder if I pop Corrosive Armor.

Wouldn't it be better to wb--->heavy weave so the boost heavy gets an extra 20% dmg? xD
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • SupremeTravie
    SupremeTravie
    ✭✭
    Same thing with the whole cloak thread.. There are already ways to counter this. Pots and abilities. Why must every skill have a counter in the game anyway. It seems to be the trend if you can't beat someone because you can't adapt to their ability to defeat you with a certain skill just come to the forum and cry until ZOS nerfs it. Fear helps keep people off of you because of how squishy a NB can be. Our burst damage and mobility to get out quick is how we get our kills in pvp. Plus read the name. Fear. You can't block fear. Its okay to be scared of us lol.
  • CyrusArya
    CyrusArya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Fear should not be block able. That defeats the whole purpose. But it's hilarious how so many nightblades crawl out of the woodwork at the first hint of a nerf to that class. NBs dominate these forums, something important to keep in mind next time you see a nerf thread for other classes.
    Edited by CyrusArya on December 26, 2015 10:09PM
    A R Y A
    -Atmosphere
    -Ary'a
    Czarya
    The K-Hole ~ Phałanx
    My PvP Videos
  • Escorpiao_Noturno
    Escorpiao_Noturno
    ✭✭✭
    1-)The most annoying Skill ever is FEAR
    2-)Increase time for FEAR, like You can be hit by a FEAR every 8 seconds. Not every 4 seconds.
    3-)FEAR should be reflected by DK reflective scales.

I HATE FEARRRRRRR
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fear never was blockable, was a bug where you could hold block while feared if you didn't release the blockbutton or ran out of stamina but you was feared nontheless unless you broke free :D
    EU | PC
  • olivaresdonjuan
    Everyone here is complaining about a cc when potions and immovable are available to all. All I wanted for Christmas was a stamina whip for my dk, am I the only one who thinks of the balrog when they see the fire whip with flapping wings?
  • vokage89
    vokage89
    ✭✭✭
    Agree 100% iv been holding my breath but this Fear is just too much.. with the cost of break free and how short cc immune is...cmon.. this skill needs to BREAK ON DAMAGE just like all the other CCs.... should be used as utility.. not i get to beat on you till your dead button.

i cant see how anyone.. other then bias opinion would not agree.
    i see some Nbs trying to defend it and lets go over some of these reasons.

1.you can use nb counters like detect pots or immovable.. this is not solving the problem at all. Look at the big picture.
    2. nbs have no heal.. they need this skill... vigor is a pretty damn nice heal and so is the resto staff heals/shield.
    3. we need fear to kill perma blocks.. fear kills everyone.. -_- a free 4-6 sescond to beat on anyone with this meta and they gonna go down..and ask yourself how many times they can cc break before they are out of stam... its just a matter of time.
    4. L2p... i love this one... So.. ask yourself something ..were you a good nb b4 this fear meta? now lets be honest.. prob avg night blade.. ?? now you have fear and you are all so good!! so you need it !! well please let me be the first to tell you that you dont need it... there we good NBs out there you were just not one of them forgive my boldness.. lets just name a few off the top of my head... Ninja san... one of the best nb duelers pre fear meta.. or how about the Ganker ( I forget your name man its been awhile) nb who got emp JUST from ganking?? ..i dont wanna hear it..there were nbs who did just fine..even myself..
    5. But my cloak is broken!.. its not .. im sorry you cant get away 100% of the time with more then 5 ppl on you... -_-
    6. Fear is not the problem it is the CC break.. they are both a problem...but it breaking on dmg would fix them both..gonna need to look at that WB stun tho...iv seen some pretty funny vids on it. and its true lol.

I am sure thats not all of them.. but i think it covers most of it. needs some fixing ZOS.

Alright just got a new one!!

7.You know Reactive Armour, that one set that reduce's damage by 35% while cc'd, i guess you have never heard about it. ... A whole 5 set just to negate one skill? ..so hold on while i put on my anti dragon leap gear set.. yanno .. the one that doesnt let DKs dragon leap you?.. thats all it does tho.. so.
    Edited by vokage89 on January 4, 2016 9:37AM
  • Isbilen
    Isbilen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vokage89 wrote: »
    Agree 100% iv been holding my breath but this Fear is just too much.. with the cost of break free and how short cc immune is...cmon.. this skill needs to BREAK ON DAMAGE just like all the other CCs.... should be used as utility.. not i get to beat on you till your dead button.

MAKE IT HAPPEN ZENIMAX
  • Ashamray
    Ashamray
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fear is fine.
    Boadrig, EU PC

Very Balanced
    Battleground Beta Testers
    Cite's Legacy
    Colosseum

Imperial City frequenter
    Imperial City feedback and suggestions
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I love people qq'ing about fear. You know Reactive Armour, that one set that reduce's damage by 35% while cc'd, i guess you have never heard about it.

Also, unstoppable potion's? I have 100's now since you can buy them with AP.

To be honest, fear is not what kill's me. It's lag and gap closer's. 1vX is hardly a thing now. If you can't see that i dunno what to say. Unless your trying to kill complete noob's it's not gonna happen easily.

If anything were to be done to fear i would let people cc break earlier. However i don't ever seem to have this problem. It's performance that really kill's me.

Not once have i said "wow that fear got me killed". It's usually "damn those gap closer spam's".

If you could not gap close on a target with cc immunity, this game would be so much better off.

Edited by GreenSoup2HoT on January 4, 2016 3:46AM
    PS4 NA DC
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love people qq'ing about fear. You know Reactive Armour, that one set that reduce's damage by 35% while cc'd, i guess you have never heard about it.

To be honest, fear is not what kill's me. It's lag and gap closer's. 1vX is hardly a thing now. If you can't see that i dunno what to say. Unless your trying to kill complete noob's it's not gonna happen easily.

If anything were to be done to fear i would let people cc break earlier. However i don't ever seem to have this problem. It's performance that really kill's me.

Not once have i said "wow that fear got me killed". It's usually "damn those gap closer spam's".

If you could not gap close on a target with cc immunity, this game would be so much better off.

Hmmm. Maybe instead can't root a person when gap closing when they are immune. This would provide a window of time for the immune player to escape or reposition themselves on the battle field while also not rendering gap closing useless during the immunity timeframe. This also adds an extra layer of situational awareness and timing to a fight which will separate players more by skill.
  • Ashamray
    Ashamray
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Craft one is much more better)
    Boadrig, EU PC

Very Balanced
    Battleground Beta Testers
    Cite's Legacy
    Colosseum

Imperial City frequenter
    Imperial City feedback and suggestions
  • TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't agree, ZOS went with the holy trinity.

NBs are control and DPS and their CC should go unrivaled, it's the one thing that they do better than others.
  • Isbilen
    Isbilen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can anyone who isn't an Easyblade honestly remember the last time they died without some Easyblade jumping in to use Fear every 4 seconds? Even in 50 vs 1 fights where you would die in 2 seconds anyways this is true...
    Edited by Isbilen on January 6, 2016 7:02AM
  • Drakilian
    Drakilian
    ✭✭✭
    Thing with unblock able CCs is that they break on damage and do not affect more than one person for everything... Except for I think soul tether and fear. Two very annoying CCs and both possessed by night blades.
    Just call me Drak