The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

NB fear should be blockable

• leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mcurley wrote: »
    I don't get it... how would one "block" a fear?

The same way people block meteors.

Think of unicorns and happy thought's
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If blocking stops Fear then it should stop all CCs Hard CCs, soft CCs, roots and snares. If it can stop fear it should stop everything
    Chaos Shadow-Scale: Shadow Archer
    Chaos Death-Scale: Shadow Knight
    Tanks-With-Sap-Essence: Dark Mage
    Dark Brotherhood Listener: Blade of Argonia
    Chaos Dragon-Scale: Draconic Shield Master
    Chaos Light-Scale: Marsh Paladin
    Chaos Lightning-Scale: Daedric Master
    Hurricane Chaos: Storm Archer
    Bask-In-My-Light: Warrior of The Light
    Forged-In-Dragon-Fire: Pyro Mage
    Guardian of The Hist: Light Mender
    Chaos of Black Marsh: Master of The Burning Sword
    Star of Chaos: Frost Blade Champion
    Chaos-Lightning-Tower: Lightning Shield Master

For the King of Argonia
    May Sithis hold back his Void
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If blocking stops Fear then it should stop all CCs Hard CCs, soft CCs, roots and snares. If it can stop fear it should stop everything

Maybe not block but it needs to be balanced, aoe cc which breaks block, has dmg reduction, slow and makes you lose control of your character in 1 skill? Doesn't even break with dmg like every other cc.

Needs to be broken with dmg and have 1 of it's effects removed.
    PS4 EU DC

• Essiaga
    Essiaga
    ✭✭✭✭

Maybe not block but it needs to be balanced, aoe cc which breaks block, has dmg reduction, slow and makes you lose control of your character in 1 skill? Doesn't even break with dmg like every other cc.

The fear animation is where I complain. It makes it difficult to break free off. You're character must throw his/her hands in the air (and wave them like you just don't care) and run a step or so before you can break. It should break on damage and it might for all I know. I've not had fear on me that did or didn't last least for the sequence I described.

My bigger complaint is that Blinding Flashes (miss chance) was taken away from the Templar but NB fear was work out and made to be so powerful. It wasn't replaced with a similar (cc/damage mitigation), but with Jamesbeam which has been nerfed 3 times.
  • Omgwtfbbq321
    Omgwtfbbq321
    ✭✭✭
    The ability Fear, is fine.

The way it is executed is a terrible joke. Anyone without a flawless internet connection seems ti have to wait before they can break it.

For instance, I get feared, My character will stop taking inputs while he stands their doing nothing. After 1 - 2 seconds he will start to run in a random direction. This is when I can break it. Mind you, at this point I have already been ***, brought back to life and *** again.

I don't mind fear, Nightblades should have good abilities just like everyone else. Devs just need to fix the way the skill executes. Not all of us are from the US with low ping.
    My ping is higher than your resource recovery...
  • Prabooo
    Prabooo
    ✭✭✭✭
    OP, here is the solution:

Right mouse button + Left mouse button... it is called CC (crowd control) break.

Thank you, good night
  • WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prabooo wrote: »
    OP, here is the solution:

Right mouse button + Left mouse button... it is called CC (crowd control) break.

Thank you, good night

I'll go ahead and drop that mic for ya

*thud*
    PC NA

All my comments are regarding PvP
  • BuggeX
    BuggeX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even if i hate Fear, i hate this *** ass skill, i hate it even more than the *** ass jesusbeam, but it should not be blockable.
    They should just fix finally the bug with the cc immunity after hard cc.
    #makemagickadkgreataigan
    #givemeaexecute
    #ineedheal
    #betterhotfixgrindspots
  • BuggeX
    BuggeX
    ✭✭✭✭✭

well fear should not be blockable, but there should be a Chance to resist, the more groupmembers are arround of you the more ressist you have, 0% if you allone, that would make sens
    #makemagickadkgreataigan
    #givemeaexecute
    #ineedheal
    #betterhotfixgrindspots
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not blockable, but break on taking around 3k+ dmg, yes.

rip decibel
  • Lifecode666
    Lifecode666
    ✭✭✭
    Nerf cloak, Nerf ambush, Nerf suprise attack, Nerf fear...

So tired of this.
    Up the hornz
  • Anzriel
    Anzriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nerf cloak, Nerf ambush, Nerf suprise attack, Nerf fear...

So tired of this.

To be fair, stamina nightblade is a little silly right now, and will probably need to be toned down a bit for class balance. Magicka is really good too. I understand the frustration at the forums. Most posts I see in general show many people just whine about whatever kills them, but there will be a need to fix bugs and balance issues in the game.

Personally I think they need to just fix bugginess with CC in general more than nerf fear.
  • Alec508
    Alec508
    ✭✭✭
    It's the only CC in the game you cannot prevent in advance by blocking, and it's also the only aoe "soft" cc that does not break on damage. Templars can hit you with a ground target shards, but you are free if even so much as a DoT tick from them hits you. DK's can fossilize you, but as soon as you're hit you have a chance to react. Same deal with sorcerers and their rune prison. You also can block most cc's like these. However, if an NB fears you and you don't have enough stamina to CC break, you're done: they can unload damage on you as you run helplessly in a random direction. On magicka builds this is particularly nasty an issue as you already run on a tightrope to manage blocking important attacks.

If a nightblade with fear runs into you and you don't always maintain enough stamina for a CC break move, popping fear is essentially an automatic win for them. No other skill in the game is like this with no way to defend against it. The added debuffs were a great addition, but the more recent change to being unblockable just is outright on another level of power compared to every other CC move in the game, amounting to a stunlock.

Sorry but no, why does everyone want to ruin other peoples skills and fun ? I don't play my nb anymore but why take an awesome skill from people ? Just break free . This is deff a l2p issue
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well both the Dragon Knights and Sorcerers have a CC that don't break on damage.

For the King of Argonia
  • WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well both the Dragon Knights and Sorcerers have a CC that don't break on damage.

This thread is now a buff Templar CC thread, go
    PC NA

All my comments are regarding PvP
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This thread is now a buff Templar CC thread, go

I only have one Templar but blocking Templar CCs increases damage by 10% so it's kinda balanced in that why that defending yourself hurts you more then normal.

For the King of Argonia
  • mcurley
    mcurley
    ✭✭✭

Meteors are objects... but clearly this is a joke.
    BuggeX wrote: »

well fear should not be blockable, but there should be a Chance to resist, the more groupmembers are arround of you the more ressist you have, 0% if you allone, that would make sens

I can get on board with that.
    Edited by mcurley on December 11, 2015 9:51PM
    For the Covenant!
    Svvord - magicka NB
    Lavv - magicka DK
    Povver - stamina NB
    Psylint - stamina NB
    Yelruc - magicka Sorc
  • SemiD4rkness
    SemiD4rkness
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All these nightblades man... "dun nerffff muh nightblade Shadow75archer1shot1killzkilledAssazinGg42"
    Ofc they can't see they got an OP clas because they think they're good but in reallity they're average at most once their class gets tunned down a bit they will find out how much they suck at this game.
    Whenever I kill a nightblade I Teabag those disgusting players, always do no matter what. Because 99% of them are *** who just spam ambush and fear. Also I know for a fact that I never teabag good players, because those are almost imposible for me to kill as stamplar.... also good nightblades will always escape me 1v1 no matter how many caltrops I cast.
  • BuggeX
    BuggeX
    ✭✭✭✭✭

well i Play my dk since the beta, have spend 140 days on him, but i never saw a cc witch isnt blockable and doesnt brake on dmg on him, fozzilize doese even give you a 4k shild, to start with my epic cc........
    #makemagickadkgreataigan
    #givemeaexecute
    #ineedheal
    #betterhotfixgrindspots
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

well i Play my dk since the beta, have spend 140 days on him, but i never saw a cc witch isnt blockable and doesnt brake on dmg on him, fozzilize doese even give you a 4k shild, to start with my epic cc........

Fossilize is single target unblock able and let's you get your class DoT ticks in so yea plus it's quickly followed with a Wrecking Blow before you can break.

For the King of Argonia
  • BuggeX
    BuggeX
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Fossilize is single target unblock able and let's you get your class DoT ticks in so yea plus it's quickly followed with a Wrecking Blow before you can break.

dot gets absorbet by the shild, and brake the stun instant
    #makemagickadkgreataigan
    #givemeaexecute
    #ineedheal
    #betterhotfixgrindspots
  • Skinzz
    Skinzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its funny how the good players will alway be prepared against nightblades but the bad ones come on here to complain about a nbs fear. Clearly you arent prepared to engage a nightblade.
    Anybody got a group? LFG, anybody? Hello?
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xskinzcity wrote: »
    Its funny how the good players will alway be prepared against nightblades but the bad ones come on here to complain about a nbs fear. Clearly you arent prepared to engage a nightblade.

I slaughter NBS a lot. Fear is still OP.
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • Angarato
    Angarato
    ✭✭✭
    im a nb and i get feared by other nightblades and i have no problem instantly breaking out of it, nor do good oponents. theres plenty of CC in this game that doesnt break on damage. l2p
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Angarato wrote: »
    im a nb and i get feared by other nightblades and i have no problem instantly breaking out of it, nor do good oponents. theres plenty of CC in this game that doesnt break on damage. l2p

Go play a temp or dk then come back.

Plays *OP* class and thinks there good ....
    PS4 EU DC

• Millerman34n
    Millerman34n
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
  • zornyan
    zornyan
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The issue people are talking about is that it doesn't actually break all the time.

I was fighting an nb yesterday, my character stood still, I couldn't use any skills or do anything, 2 seconds went by whilst I was being pummeled, THEN finally my character started running away in the fear animation. I was dead anyway at this point as a few seconds of being a target dummy is instant death in the current pvp meta.
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fear fine, CC broken in general.

/thread
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If there was a vote, it'd show fear was fine!! (but maybe the number of NBs on the servers might have something to do with it)
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Go play a temp or dk then come back.

Plays *OP* class and thinks there good ....

i play all and have no problem with fear on any of them. Except on occasion with the animation. This has to be looked at. the ability itself is fine.