Maintenance for the week of September 24:
• PC/Mac: North American and European megaservers for patch maintenance – September 24, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC)

Do you think ESO is dieing?

  • Olen_Mikko
    Olen_Mikko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't give a s**t about PvE, it is boring as Hell and not interesting at all, unlike skyrim and other solo Elder scroll games.

    PvP is all about zergfest and ZOS pushing things towards that direction, without being capable to provide servers that can handle it.

    Yeah, i'd say PvP is pretty much dead to me and many many others, that don't want to take part in zergballing.
    NB enthusiastic:
    1. Woodhippie stamblade - DW hard-hitter / PvE
    2. Know-it-all elf Magblade - Healer / PvE & PvP
    3. Hate-them-all elf Magblade - Destrostaff AoE monster / PvE
    4. Cyrodiil-Refugee stamblade - Stamina Tank / PvE

    Go dominion or go home

    Nightblade-Hipster. I played Nightblade before it was cool - from 1.5 onwards.
  • terrasight
    terrasight
    ✭✭✭
    Dying...no... but at this time there many other games ppl play (fallout and so on..).

    PvE and PvP is much content, PvP needs a new goal for sure... and a higher levelcap so ppl can still go on...
    Ind'a Nie - Magblade - PS4 EU
    vAA/vHR/vSO HM - vMoL HM - VHoF HM - vAS +1 - vCR +2
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't think a game can truly begin to die without a direct competitor. There is nothing out that I would consider a direct competitor yet so people may be frustrated into taking breaks and playing other games but they will continue to come back until they can find a replacement MMO. That won't always be the case though, so it's important to secure the game now while it's safe rather than after.
    Edited by Armitas on December 3, 2015 12:15PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    And then you have level cap which i personally think should be higher because then people have something to grind towards and are not just sitting on there arse talking about *** and playing music in voice chat!.[/color]

    You do realize that the overwhelming majority of players are no where close to this level cap, right? So making it higher would only continue to create an even larger barrier between those who are at cap and those who aren't... so if only a tiny minority of your players are at cap, why continue making the overwhelming majority feel like they can never catch up and risk them quitting because the bar is too high?
    Edited by ADarklore on December 3, 2015 12:28PM
    Started ESO: May 2015
    PC-NA AD
    Champion Points: 1004
    ESO+
    Morrowind/Summerset
    ** Strictly a solo PvE quester **
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »
    And then you have level cap which i personally think should be higher because then people have something to grind towards and are not just sitting on there arse talking about *** and playing music in voice chat!.[/color]

    You do realize that the overwhelming majority of players are no where close to this level cap, right? So making it higher would only continue to create an even larger barrier between those who are at cap and those who aren't... so if only a tiny minority of your players are at cap, why continue making the overwhelming majority feel like they can never catch up and risk them quitting because the bar is too high?

    You do realize that statement is overwhelmingly false at least on PC? Even the most casual RPing flower pickers I know that actively play have at least one V16 character. If we take into consideration people that left the game after the first month after buying the game BOX and never subbing or the various steam sale players that never subbed or returned then maybe. However, if we take any player that logs say at least 2 times a week, the overwhelming majority has those max level chars.
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)
  • NovaMarx
    NovaMarx
    ✭✭✭✭
    NovaMarx wrote: »
    Completely useless poll, since not everyone who plays the game is active on forums - and vice versa.

    If you'll note I did say "what the forum community believes". Besides, by that logic all polls are useless.

    In a sense, yes most polls are "useless", as it only reflects the opinions of the few who vote/voice their opinions - and is therefore not a full reflection of "reality".

    But the main problem with making a poll where you ask the forum community what they think of the game is that you will get an even more distorted view of reality. As I said in my original post, not everyone on the forums plays the game - and there are many who play the game who don't even touch the forums. And because of this, I don't really see what your goal is in making such a poll. It doesn't really show anything, other than the opinions of the few forum users who will voice their opinion in this thread (including me).
    Edited by NovaMarx on December 3, 2015 1:05PM
    PC/EU server:
    Nimógen A'ridth: Bosmer, Warden (Sorc) (AD)
    Khali Ra'jit: Khajiit, Siphoner (NB) (AD): lvl 50 / WW
    Te'yana Va'len: Bosmer, Templar (AD): lvl 50
    Nazeela Ra'Kai: Khajiit, Conjurer (Sorc) (AD)
    Sedala Nalin: Bosmer, Nightblade (DC): Vampire
    S'rina Kodesh-Daytha: Khajiit, Nightblade (AD)
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nah, not in the near future, anyway. I doubt the servers would be up very long beyond the release of an eventual TES:VI though...
  • Asherons_Call
    Asherons_Call
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PVP players are fussing because they released a PVE DLC. PVE players were fussing when they released a PVP DLC.

    3p6sol.jpg]
  • KramUzibra
    KramUzibra
    ✭✭✭✭
    aidenmoore wrote: »
    Yes. Towns is empty now. There are barely players around. Doing pledges is almost impossible since no one is playing ESO. Cyrodiil is just a massive dead pvp zone. No one doing world boss dailies in Wrothgar. I can confirm, ESO is dying.

    Don't know what your talking about. I'm on xbox and iv experience the exact opposite
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    NovaMarx wrote: »
    NovaMarx wrote: »
    Completely useless poll, since not everyone who plays the game is active on forums - and vice versa.

    If you'll note I did say "what the forum community believes". Besides, by that logic all polls are useless.

    In a sense, yes most polls are "useless", as it only reflects the opinions of the few who vote/voice their opinions - and is therefore not a full reflection of "reality".

    But the main problem with making a poll where you ask the forum community what they think of the game is that you will get an even more distorted view of reality. As I said in my original post, not everyone on the forums plays the game - and there are many who play the game who don't even touch the forums. And because of this, I don't really see what your goal is in making such a poll. It doesn't really show anything, other than the opinions of the few forum users who will voice their opinion in this thread (including me).

    The goal is feedback and speaking your mind be it concerns or praise. Despite your point about not all players being on the forums it is the forum community that provides Zenimax with most, if not all, the feedback it receives and they appreciate it so letting them know what you think of their game every once in awhile isn't a bad thing lol

    Also the results of this poll as it is shows that more than half of the forum community believes the game is live and well. Considering it is they who are always saying the game is dead or dying I'd say it works out :)
    Edited by UltimaJoe777 on December 3, 2015 6:26PM
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • icontested
    icontested
    ✭✭✭✭
    PVP players are fussing because they released a PVE DLC. PVE players were fussing when they released a PVP DLC.

    3p6sol.jpg]

    Great pic. You win this thread
    Voted and Current reigning champion of most handsome ESO player of 2013-2016
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    icontested wrote: »
    PVP players are fussing because they released a PVE DLC. PVE players were fussing when they released a PVP DLC.

    3p6sol.jpg]

    Great pic. You win this thread

    If it could be won maybe lol
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • zZzleepyhead
    zZzleepyhead
    ✭✭✭
    Without a competitive end game scene you can't hope to bring in the crowd that would vitalize (almost said revitalize AHAHAH) the game. Yes, I'm referring to PvP.

    The game isn't dying; it's free to play, runs on a mega server and they're releasing content quarterly. You don't call a man digging his own grave "dying" it's just pitiful.

    I'm so salty at you ZOS. I've been hyped for this game for sooo long. Purchased it the day it was available for sale and have kept a subscription going. The combat is far greater then I ever expected! but my PvP options are so limited.. PvE has DSA, trials, a new trial on its way, new Maelstrom Arena, new dungeons, undaunted pledges, IC, ability balance priority ...everything. I was so upset when i first learnt Cyrodiil would be the exclusive PvP, but I was okay with it because I decided THIS was the game I'll take to my grave. They'll eventually cater to my playstyle.. I mean.. they have to.. outside this game small scale instanced PvP is KING.

    Man, was I dead wrong
    Edited by zZzleepyhead on December 3, 2015 6:55PM
  • firstdecan
    firstdecan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There probably is a reduction in numbers, a number of good games have just been released. I haven't logged into ESO since fallout was released, and this is my first time on the forums since then (I popped on to see if there have been any noteworthy developments over the past month, and there has not).

    At this point I would expect the game to die a slow death. It's mostly a single player game, and you'll get a better single player experience out of a sandbox game. The multi-player has always been lacking. Many people were hoping for the 'Skyrim with Friends' experience, but all they got was 'Skyrim with strangers.' PvP has never been reasonably balanced (perfect balance is an unattainable goal), it's been plagued by bugs, lag, and exploits, and too much time and energy has to be spent keeping up with the exploit of the week. In addition to that, it takes too long for new players to be reasonably competitive in end game, so it's hard to get new players interested in this game instead of others.

    I expect the fan boys to jump down my throat now, but I think this is fair criticism. I've played since beta, subscribed through the entire mandatory subscription period, and kept playing until recently. This game was never a bad game, but it fell short of the quality expected from a AAA release. Now that a number of other AAA titles are dropping, players will move on. I enjoy this game for what it is, but there's simply better and more interesting games available. I will probably pop in and play from time to time, but without the ability to scale content to a mixed group of people, it's difficult to enjoy 95% of this MMO as an MMO (i.e. with my friends).

    For the people who enjoy the game, I hope ZoS makes enough money to keep the lights on, but I would expect interest in this game to dwindle. Again, it's not a bad game, it simply isn't interesting enough compared to other things available on the market.
  • icontested
    icontested
    ✭✭✭✭
    firstdecan wrote: »
    There probably is a reduction in numbers, a number of good games have just been released. I haven't logged into ESO since fallout was released, and this is my first time on the forums since then (I popped on to see if there have been any noteworthy developments over the past month, and there has not).

    At this point I would expect the game to die a slow death. It's mostly a single player game, and you'll get a better single player experience out of a sandbox game. The multi-player has always been lacking. Many people were hoping for the 'Skyrim with Friends' experience, but all they got was 'Skyrim with strangers.' PvP has never been reasonably balanced (perfect balance is an unattainable goal), it's been plagued by bugs, lag, and exploits, and too much time and energy has to be spent keeping up with the exploit of the week. In addition to that, it takes too long for new players to be reasonably competitive in end game, so it's hard to get new players interested in this game instead of others.

    I expect the fan boys to jump down my throat now, but I think this is fair criticism. I've played since beta, subscribed through the entire mandatory subscription period, and kept playing until recently. This game was never a bad game, but it fell short of the quality expected from a AAA release. Now that a number of other AAA titles are dropping, players will move on. I enjoy this game for what it is, but there's simply better and more interesting games available. I will probably pop in and play from time to time, but without the ability to scale content to a mixed group of people, it's difficult to enjoy 95% of this MMO as an MMO (i.e. with my friends).

    For the people who enjoy the game, I hope ZoS makes enough money to keep the lights on, but I would expect interest in this game to dwindle. Again, it's not a bad game, it simply isn't interesting enough compared to other things available on the market.

    Pretty respectful and well worded post. In the end it is just your opinion.
    Voted and Current reigning champion of most handsome ESO player of 2013-2016
Sign In or Register to comment.