The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Do you think ESO is dieing?

• UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Can't speak to the Xbone or pc crowd but anyone denying a HUGE ps4 playerbase drop for the last 3 weeks is either blind or trying to fool themselves. All the major trade cities and craglorn have been ghost towns. I bet just tonight there probably wasn't 20 players in Eldenroot at peak hours.

Hey , I'm not wishing it , its just the flat out truth. Will things rebound? I believe so but nothing like it was before. This games reputation doesn't attract former players to rejoin amd word of mouth among the gaming community keeps new players from even starting.

Maelstrom Arena, 'nuff said.
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes but slowly. Downhill since October 2014
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No and negative threads like this isn't helping. So please stop with the negative threads .
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No and negative threads like this isn't helping. So please stop with the negative threads .

Who says this thread is negative? It's strictly opinions on the state of the game, that's all.
  • Asherons_Call
    Asherons_Call
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll tell you what's dying... Our education system
  • nordsavage
    nordsavage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see less and less of the players that were here like me from closed beta and from games start. I would say the old heads are the ones who are leaving more often. New players seem to be slightly on the rise. There is also the temporary population influx that weans off after about a month of new DLC release. Orsinium has been out for a month in two days.
    I didn't choose tank life, tank life chose me.
  • b92303008rwb17_ESO
    b92303008rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. But dying, yes.
    Edited by b92303008rwb17_ESO on December 1, 2015 3:15AM
  • Betahkiin
    Betahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Like everything that has a beginning and an end.

Each day that passes is another day away from the start and closer to the end. From that point of view, not only the game's dying, you and I are doing well, the question is how much time we have.

Video games (developers project) have a symbiosis with its players, if the gaming community die, the game also.

The correct question should not be whether the game is dying, but how much is left to its end, and that depends largely on the community and those who develop.

Prolong the stay of the game requires great understanding and cooperation between the parties.

A great effort and commitment from its developers without the support of the gaming community is not effective.

Great support and permanence of the community without an effective response from developers, is also not effective.

And here, the real question: how committed are the community, and what kind of response received from developers?

In answer to this question you have the real answer.
  • Leggi
    Leggi
    ✭✭✭
    Monday, pre-evening time, 40+ players killing boss in Wrothgar.

Yeah, ESO is dying. Dying laughing.

BTW, Orsinium was really great addon and I hope next would be the same: solo, great stories, interesting characters, funny coop-play.
  • jcasini222ub17_ESO
    jcasini222ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Every time I see these threads I think back to that month of no mainntence during that first summer of pc release. I cant help but to laugh, I actually see a lot of people in vr zones now... DC vr zones. That was unheard of during that time. It has gotten better since then, much, much better.
  • Salmonoid
    Salmonoid
    ✭✭✭
    The players base is definitely shrinking and not growing.

This game needs what FF14 got. A new head developer and new dev team. FF14 was on the brink of death, and when that happened it is now running beautifully, zero lag in any situation no matter how many people in the area. Rewards system is SMART and THOUGHT OUT, as opposed to this disgusting RNG that we have to deal with here in ESO.

It really is a shame the ESO dev team is so bad and are destroying this game, the foundations of this game are super strong, the lore and world you play in and also the combat mechanic is on point. Too bad it's getting drilled into the ground.

RIP ESO.
    Australian - PS4 NA
    VR16 WoodElf Nightblade

It's not the peel, it's the nana.
  • Leggi
    Leggi
    ✭✭✭
    Salmonoid wrote: »
    The players base is definitely shrinking and not growing.

RIP ESO.

How can it be not growing?
    I spend some time with developping Legerdemain skill line (for sneak passives) for all my toons, so I spend a lot of time in Khenarti's Roost.
    And tonns of low-level toons there. That means not only new players to come, that also means old players do another alts to play.

And that's how ESO is dying.
    Once again, ESO is dying laughing.

P.S. To those who dies and leaves: you can send me all your mats, gold and precious items. Thanx!
    Edited by Leggi on December 1, 2015 4:20AM
  • JaJaLuka
    JaJaLuka
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd say both yes and no.
    It won't die for a while, but yes it's definitely in decline.
    Krojick, DC Sorc PC NA
    Milámber, EP Sorc PC NA
    Brunack, EP DK PC NA
    General Mark Shephard, EP Temp PC NA (Worst temp NA XD )
    Krojick Nightblade, DC NB PC NA
    Others...
  • Yattaq
    Yattaq
    ✭✭✭
    It really is a shame the ESO dev team is so bad and are destroying this game, the foundations of this game are super strong, the lore and world you play in and also the combat mechanic is on point. Too bad it's getting drilled into the ground.

The same team you claim is destroying the game built the super strong foundations you're claiming it has. Can't take someone seriously when they openly contradict themselves like this.

A poll with 66% negative options has a 75% non-negative response rate on a predominantly negative forum. Not much left to say here.
    Edited by Yattaq on December 1, 2015 4:27AM
  • icontested
    icontested
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tryxus wrote: »
    Catblade wrote: »
    I think it's trying to commit suicide. Someone refer eso to the suicide hotline

*DINGDONG*

Suicide Hotline: What the?! Phones don't go dingdong.

-picks up phone-

Suicide Hotline: Hello yes, this is the Suicide Hotline, how may I help you?

ESO: I wanna commit suicide

Suicide Hotline: Please don't, you're just a teenager. You do lots of stupid things, but when you mature, things'll get better

ESO: Really!?

-ESO boosts DK and Temps, balances the classes and adds the Thieves Guild-

-10000000 players return to the game-

ESO: Oh wow it did. Thank you so much!

Suicide Hotline: NP, that'll be 1000€

ESO: Uh... can I pay with crowns?

I dont like this post
    Voted and Current reigning champion of most handsome ESO player of 2013-2016
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yattaq wrote: »

The same team you claim is destroying the game built the super strong foundations you're claiming it has. Can't take someone seriously when they openly contradict themselves like this.

A poll with 66% negative options has a 75% non-negative response rate on a predominantly negative forum. Not much left to say here.

Well I could've added a No option for each platform but that would be pointless lol and No has the most votes so far anyway :p
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I thought it said "dieting" lol
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    DannyLV702 wrote: »
    I thought it said "dieting" lol

I recommend Orgorza's Recipes. They'll make you puke out the Guts used to make some of them!
  • PaddingtonBear
    PvP is definitely dieing 100% go see alliance war forum all of the posts there are negative loll. PvE is still enjoyable other than the grind and the fact that the hardest content is solo.
  • CyrusArya
    CyrusArya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    All I'm saying is, there was a time not too long ago that wed have multiple pop locked servers and the big competitive server would have a que of 50+. Now we have only one server thats relatively busy and pop locked at peak hours only. Used to be that any time on any day there was action to be had in many many places. Things just aint the same no more. IDK if ESO is dying, full disclaimer I'm not too keen on the fishing, trading, or roleplay scenes. But speaking to the aspect of the game that I mostly care about, PvP is dying and that much is obvious to anyone who has been around more than a few months. Less and less people are coming out and can you blame em? I know it's beating a dead horse but I simply don't enjoy PvP like I used to anymore. Every single day its the same thing: Lag and zergbads too afraid of their own shadow to step away from their 20 man groups.

The only thing enjoyable in PvP anymore is duelling, too bad ZoS refuses to acknowledge or support the small scale PvP where this game's amazing combat system is best showcased. I really love this game, and there's nothing else I want to play. But the frustration is real and the numbers don't lie. I know I'm not saying anything new, but I we really can't emphasise this enough. This game has amazing potential but if ZoS doesn't get more active and engaged in their development this great potential will never be realised. I'm willing to be patient but most people will move on. PvP in this game is the most fun thing I've ever done in a video game. I want to enjoy it for years to come, but at this moment things are looking bleak.
    A R Y A
    -Atmosphere
    -Ary'a
    Czarya
    The K-Hole ~ Phałanx
    My PvP Videos
  • Marcusito
    Marcusito
    ✭✭✭
    PvP dying? On PC no way, there is always an ebb and flow to guilds but I saw hundreds of AD dethrone DC at Ales tonight. You want to run big SWP on EP, Chuck Norris on DC and AD is usually always has good numbers. There so many guilds in PvP and AZ is always packed in prime time.

Nothing to do in PVE? I heard they are going to scale up trials to V16 and old guilds are starting to do the weekly trials again saving the reward chests for when that patch comes. You have solo Maelstrom for some good gear as well.

The best times I've had in this game is when running with a good group of guildies and we seem to find plenty to do.
    Edited by Marcusito on December 1, 2015 5:33AM
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't speak to the Xbone or pc crowd but anyone denying a HUGE ps4 playerbase drop for the last 3 weeks is either blind or trying to fool themselves. All the major trade cities and craglorn have been ghost towns. I bet just tonight there probably wasn't 20 players in Eldenroot at peak hours.

Console release was doomed the second that ZOS decided to release without text chat. I tried to warn them: "Release an MMO RPG without text chat for, you know, R freaking P? This is MADNESS!"

Sadly, they haven't listened. Hopefully they will and consoles get that essential aspect of an MMO FINALLY. Until then, it is no surprise that console ESO sputters and dies, regardless of what content goes into the game.

A HUGE part of MMO RPG games is IMMERSION and yes RP, even if not in the *smiles and contemplates the nature of heroism* sense. Just being able to get into your character and not be judged/trolled/stalked based on your real life voice.

I can't even imagine what that must be like. I think if the PC version even had the OPTION for in-game voice chat I would write an addon to remove the option to enable it from the UI!

Seriously, consolers, my deepest sympathies.
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Feels like this thread needs some Tyler Durden quotes... I just can't remember any...
  • Luigi_Vampa
    Luigi_Vampa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Marcusito wrote: »
    PvP dying? On PC no way, there is always an ebb and flow to guilds but I saw hundreds of AD dethrone DC at Ales tonight. You want to run big SWP on EP, Chuck Norris on DC and AD is usually always has good numbers. There so many guilds in PvP and AZ is always packed in prime time.

Exactly! On PC/EU in Azura there is always a crowd. In fact most of the complaints are that there are too many people and they are zerging. How can we have both a dying, dwindling playerbase and also huge enemy zergs?
    PC/EU DC
  • Wolfshead
    Wolfshead
    ✭✭✭✭
    aidenmoore wrote: »
    Yes. Towns is empty now. There are barely players around. Doing pledges is almost impossible since no one is playing ESO. Cyrodiil is just a massive dead pvp zone. No one doing world boss dailies in Wrothgar. I can confirm, ESO is dying.

Just which server are you playing and which platform are you playing for i sure hell cant see ESO dying anytime soon and i play on EU/PC and i mostly online on weekend during the daytime and i see people ask for Worthgar dailies, World Boss, pledges heck last weekend we change king on the ruby throne so i dont know what server or platfrom you are talk for i cant see ESO dying anytime soon sorry i dont just see.
    If you find yourself alone, riding in green fields with the sun on your face, do not be troubled; for you are in Elysium, and you're already dead
    What we do in life, echoes in eternity
  • Jennifur_Vultee
    Jennifur_Vultee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jura23 wrote: »
    It's not in a good shape IMO. The best for ESO would probably be to completely change devs team, but that's probably not realistic.

I have to agree I feel the dev teams need a shakeup or total replacement, I feel the combat team and in particular the lead combat designer are so out of touch with the game they don't really care what the players want or need for good balanced gameplay. I'm sure Eric Wroble is a nice guy but I think he's in over his head in his current position and someone needs to be brought in who can objectively look at combat and try to fix it properly.

In a game that relies on combat ESO is fairly broken...

Animation cancelling should be fix as in not possible to do.

Block casting should be fixed as in you either block or you cast...pick one or the other but not both at the same time.

Stamina regeneration when blocking needs to be fixed as in revert it to stamina regeneration while blocking.

Cyrodiil lag needs to be resolved, add new/more servers if needed, fix the code...whatever it takes. We were promised huge, epic battles with hundreds of players on screen fighting for and defending keeps, what we get is 4-15 fps with 50 players on screen and campaigns that are population locked to control numbers. Fix it already.

Classes need proper balancing not nerf class X and buff class Y so eveeryone stops playing class X while Class Y becomes god mode until its nerfed. That's not class balance that just giving each class its 15 minutes of fame before the next one becomes king.

The RNG overuse and all the gear in Orsinium being Bind on Pickup is really pissing people off.

"Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with important matters." – Albert Einstein

Treat a customer fairly and they will remember you. Treat a customer poorly and they never forget.

Imperial City: Zerg, gank or die.
  • Sausage
    Sausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think ES and Bethesda fans are keeping this going, but just barely. Im not going to lie they probably lose some of their players to Everquest Next, all oldies know ES and Everquest, Im personally actually excited it switched owner, you would imagine as it's Day Break's debute, they aim to impress, they probably push out content as mad, kinda what Trion did a few year back, or it they dont, they are going to be forgotten sooner than they ever thought.
    Edited by Sausage on December 1, 2015 7:26AM
  • Itoq
    Itoq
    ✭✭✭✭
    Marcusito wrote: »
    hundreds of AD... at Ales tonight.

Awesome, so the patch fixed Cyrdiil lag, fps issues and raised the pop cap?
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well.... my husband is now playing a LOT of Fallout 4, but we still both ESO
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Jhunn
    Jhunn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Normally MMOs get better over time. ESO gets worse. PvP is a laggy, unplayable mess and PvE endgame guilds are soon non-existant. The game is catered to casuals and pushes away the hardcore crowd, both PvE and PvP, who otherwise would stay for ages. The casuals will leave as soon as the next TES game comes out which will last for years with mods.

Yes, I think it's dying.
    Gave up.