The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Do you think ESO is dieing?

• newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jhunn wrote: »
    I'll rephrase. Majority of the casuals will leave when the next TES game comes out.

Well... how do you define casual? I play for a little while most days, usually for a longer chunk at least once a week. I'm not a grinder, farmer or min-maxer. I wander, play around, but I also play 16+ characters.

So compared to a totally min-maxed PvPer, I'm probably casual in how I play.

But I do stick with ... whatever game... for years.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Selique
    Selique
    ✭✭✭✭
    People are so dumb. Lmao.
    Falls-With-Grace ~ Shadowscale (Argonian Night Blade)
    Selique Lasra ~ Captain, Smuggler, Swashbuckler (Redguard Templar)
    Chases-Comets ~ Shellback Warrior (Argonian Dragon Knight)
    Slissix-Kir ~ Swamp Shaman (Argonian Sorcerer)
    Hail Sithis..
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leandor wrote: »
    Ah, is it that time of the year again? Where those doomsday posts creep up, I mean...

Personaly, I blame winter depression on that, wouldn't know why else these would pop around this time of the year so much...

It's always that time of year! Take the summer, when players dare to take a step outside in order to breathe in the warm air -"Population's down, the game is dying" is the inevitable refrain. At Easter people mention they're spending some time with their family - "Population's down, the game is dying"! 'Twas ever thus.

A game can be doing very well without everyone who ever played it continuing to log in 24/7 in perpetuity. Invariably, as the initial excitement wears off people will tend to log in less, but that doesn't mean they're not still playing (or paying). The towns seem just as busy as usual on the PC EU server.
  • MakTheEater
    MakTheEater
    ✭✭
    What did you expect? MONTHS to fix some major problems like loading screen, VR, etc (there is a whole team working on the game, it's not just one person.. And it's their work, not a hobby), overpriced DLC (yes, I know I'm not obligated to buy them, but what do you think will happen when people will stop buying them? With 20€ I can buy several games on Steam for example), DLC released even if testers keep warning about some problems (loading screen problem was known since the IC PTS), terrible end game that made lots of users quit, still no basic things (I know that guild traders are better than an auction house, but Jesus, at least insert a list of the places where I can buy what I'm searching), PvP lagging as hell and this is very annoying, drop rate very low (do you really think that people will keep playing when the end game armor has a 0,0000000001% to be dropped? Now don't tell me "but you can enjoy the game anyway". Getting better gear is the goal of the game). The game itself is great, but Zen support is terrible. Some problems may can be fixed very quickly, but Zen need whole months to fix them (do you really need months to change some drop rate or the exp for each VR?). Most of the users playing this game are casual players who can play a hour per day and in my case I refuse to spend that hour trying to get a gear with 0,0000001% drop rate, grinding or searching for the whole world where I can buy something.
    Edited by MakTheEater on December 1, 2015 2:58PM
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yesterday was one of the busiest days I've seen in a few weeks on PC so that's good at least, but yea Fallout 4's release hit this game hard.
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • Bloodfang
    Bloodfang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Normally MMOs get better over time. ESO gets worse. PvP is a laggy, unplayable mess and PvE endgame guilds are soon non-existant. The game is catered to casuals and pushes away the hardcore crowd, both PvE and PvP, who otherwise would stay for ages. The casuals will leave as soon as the next TES game comes out which will last for years with mods.

Yes, I think it's dying.

Haha "years".

I'm an RPG player at heart and Skyrim didn't last me longer than 2 months (oh and I'm a very patient and dedicated person). I got bored after the 1st week , but kept pushing on anyway, and completing everything there is to do. Mods last you a month at most, it just gets boring really fast. I mean it's not like Skyrim was as interesting as The Witcher 3, and even that game lasted me 2 months as well.

It's just no matter what you think, Singleplayer games don't last long. Not even close as long as the MMORPG games. The ones that went to Fallout 4 are already returning to ESO after less than a month.
    Edited by Bloodfang on December 1, 2015 3:01PM
  • blabafat
    blabafat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Population is going down rapidly.

People are quitting, and I don't blame them.
    Fire Cloak - VR12 DK - Nord - EP
    Ámeer - VR15 Templar - Imperial - AD
    The Mágician - VR16 Templar - Imperial DC
    Magíc - VR16 DK - Dark Elf - DC
    Àmeer - VR16 Templar - High Elf - DC
    ámeer - VR16 Templar - High Elf - AD
    Æ ámeer - VR16 Templar - High Elf - EP
    Ameer Flow - Level 34 Nightblade - High Elf - EP

Youtube:
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCFNmXCgmTVo-T-p1BIVLxbQ
  • FelixTheCatt
    FelixTheCatt
    ✭✭✭
    Keep telling yourself that. Still won't make it true but good luck.
    Xbox - Kuchini07
    Eso - FaCoffinDye (EP)
  • Catblade
    Catblade
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can't speak to the Xbone or pc crowd but anyone denying a HUGE ps4 playerbase drop for the last 3 weeks is either blind or trying to fool themselves. All the major trade cities and craglorn have been ghost towns. I bet just tonight there probably wasn't 20 players in Eldenroot at peak hours.

Hey , I'm not wishing it , its just the flat out truth. Will things rebound? I believe so but nothing like it was before. This games reputation doesn't attract former players to rejoin amd word of mouth among the gaming community keeps new players from even starting.

This is true. I stopped playing because i'm going hard on fallout. I plan to ride eso's corpse to freedom, even though I'm at the point where i don't even like the game at all.
    Edited by Catblade on December 1, 2015 3:51PM
  • schwarzman1
    schwarzman1
    ✭✭✭
    Not dying.

IMO the population is less because of recent releases like Fallout 4, COD BlackOPS3, Battlefront etc. My friends lists supports this belief. I think we'll see a big time return to the game real soon.
    PS4 NA AD
    PSN: schwarzman1
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The game already died....the day they announced B2P, added a cash shop, and removed the sub requirement was the day they admitted defeat and that the game was dead..its been on life support limping along ever since...atleast on PC.

B2P games always become F2P and F2P games always become P2W...Guild Wars 2 went the F2P route and it has a larger playerbase then ESO...how long you think it will be before ESO goes F2P,? i give it a year, maybe less...if GW2 had to drop the B2P model, that leaves me little confidence ZOS won't have to as well. Even SWTOR went F2P eventually which requires even more money out of your pocket to get the full experience. ZOS is 100% commited to that cash shop now and they will drop B2P if it means getting that cash shop in front of more people to buy stuff....thats all that matters now.,

Everyone is just used to the game limping on life support now that they consider what they see right now as a normal state....those who think this game is fine wasn't here during early access back in April of 2014 where every city in the game, even the Caldwell's Gold and Silver cities were full to the brim with people out the Wazoo, this game is a ghost town right now compared to what it was last April and thats a shame...
    Edited by RinaldoGandolphi on December 1, 2015 4:00PM
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every MMO is always dying all the time according to certain people within the communities of said MMO's.

I call them Chicken Little people.

Seriously, go and type "is" followed by any MMO name into Google. In the top 5 questions listed it will always be "is X Game dying?"
    Edited by JD2013 on December 1, 2015 4:07PM
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • Raizin
    Raizin
    ✭✭✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »
    Since some people seem to believe it is and some (like myself) do not I thought I'd make this poll and see what the forum community believes. Feel free to comment also but keep it clean!

nope, there are still many people there. And ZOS is now intenselly working on fixing the PVP lags for two years, so if they fix that, all will be well!

Fixed it for ya.
    HellSeesYou = v16/AD/Rank 37-Former emp/EU TB-AZura(Old Auriels Bow badass) ___ Vampire Templar/Resto/Destro staff user from Banana squad
    HellSeesAll - v16/EP/Rank 19 Magicka NB/Necrotic Lag member
    HellSeesUs - v16/AD/Rank 18 Stamina Templar
  • acw37162
    acw37162
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didn't you know all MMO's are dying if you read the forums. The real question is just how slow or quick the death is going to be.
  • Starwhite
    Starwhite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    .... at any time at any region I see people playing ! If you like to see a dead game .... visit the wild planet MMO or world of lovecraft ! ;)
    Le cœur a ses raisons que la raison ne connaît pas.
  • RatedChaotic
    RatedChaotic
    ✭✭✭✭
    ESO will be ok. That is until March 2016. Then we'll see if it lives or dies. My friends and I will be moving to the new mmo.
    Edited by RatedChaotic on December 1, 2015 4:26PM
  • Callous2208
    Callous2208
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can only speak for pc/na, and no, not even close to dying. Anyone who tells you differently doesn't actively play there, or is purposely spreading misinformation.
  • khele23eb17_ESO
    khele23eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bloodfang wrote: »

It's just no matter what you think, Singleplayer games don't last long.

The flame that burns twice as bright burns half as long.

P2P offered you 'hell yeah!' moments. F2P offers you 'thank god its over' moments.
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What?
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • NobleNerd
    NobleNerd
    ✭✭✭✭
    Over the past 3 months I know I have removed hundreds of members from my guild for inactivity exceeding 30 days. My members recruit daily and we are having a hard time filling the empty slots back up again. This may be a small indicator of a downward decline, but for me it is definitely a sign many are losing interest in playing the game regularly.
    BLOOD RAVENS GAMING
    ~a mature gaming community~
    Website
    DISCORD
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Normally MMOs get better over time. ESO gets worse. PvP is a laggy, unplayable mess and PvE endgame guilds are soon non-existant. The game is catered to casuals and pushes away the hardcore crowd, both PvE and PvP, who otherwise would stay for ages. The casuals will leave as soon as the next TES game comes out which will last for years with mods.

Yes, I think it's dying.

Haha "years".

I'm an RPG player at heart and Skyrim didn't last me longer than 2 months (oh and I'm a very patient and dedicated person). I got bored after the 1st week , but kept pushing on anyway, and completing everything there is to do. Mods last you a month at most, it just gets boring really fast. I mean it's not like Skyrim was as interesting as The Witcher 3, and even that game lasted me 2 months as well.

It's just no matter what you think, Singleplayer games don't last long. Not even close as long as the MMORPG games. The ones that went to Fallout 4 are already returning to ESO after less than a month.

You never go back ? Skyrim, Oblivion, morrowind all lasted me for 1 month a few times.
    The game already died....the day they announced B2P, added a cash shop, and removed the sub requirement was the day they admitted defeat and that the game was dead..its been on life support limping along ever since...atleast on PC.

B2P games always become F2P and F2P games always become P2W...Guild Wars 2 went the F2P route and it has a larger playerbase then ESO...how long you think it will be before ESO goes F2P,? i give it a year, maybe less...if GW2 had to drop the B2P model, that leaves me little confidence ZOS won't have to as well. Even SWTOR went F2P eventually which requires even more money out of your pocket to get the full experience. ZOS is 100% commited to that cash shop now and they will drop B2P if it means getting that cash shop in front of more people to buy stuff....thats all that matters now.,

Everyone is just used to the game limping on life support now that they consider what they see right now as a normal state....those who think this game is fine wasn't here during early access back in April of 2014 where every city in the game, even the Caldwell's Gold and Silver cities were full to the brim with people out the Wazoo, this game is a ghost town right now compared to what it was last April and thats a shame...

I agree with the first paragraph. B2P and 1.7 was the day that ESO the great game died.

GW2 however didn't really go f2p. They just realized that anyone that will ever play the game will probably had purchased it already. Any meaningful END game is still B2P in that game. For ESO it is also kind of the same if it goes F2P not much would change.Almost everyone that will ever try this game already bought a copy by now for as low as $10..
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)
  • Zaldan
    Zaldan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lonewolf26 wrote: »
    If the lag in AZ on PC is any indicator, I'd say alive and well for now.

if u can call that living :(
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
    Niidro tiid wah fusvok dirkah.

aka.@Cuthceol
  • Hiero_Glyph
    Hiero_Glyph
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Consoles got their 3rd pop-up ad in 3 weeks and I didn't even notice anything new added to the crown store. Yeah, they are certainly starting to shove the crown store in our faces at every chance. So far the only thing more consistent than the crown store ads are Templar nerfs.
    Edited by Hiero_Glyph on December 1, 2015 4:41PM
  • Wolfchild07
    Wolfchild07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, ESO is nerfing.

Sorry, what was the question?
  • pronkg
    pronkg
    ✭✭✭✭
    aidenmoore wrote: »
    Yes. Towns is empty now. There are barely players around. Doing pledges is almost impossible since no one is playing ESO. Cyrodiil is just a massive dead pvp zone. No one doing world boss dailies in Wrothgar. I can confirm, ESO is dying.

Is this on gameboy?
  • BabeestorGor
    BabeestorGor
    ✭✭✭✭

Yes, I think it's dying.

Haha "years".

This isn't true for Bethesda games. Especially MW onwards, thanks to mods, there are still active communities and many players. Want proof? Just compare how active the MW forums is compared to those of other single player games over 10 years old (if they still have forums).
    Babeester Gor is the Axe Goddess, the Implacable Anger, the Avenging Daughter and the Earth Guardian.
    Vriddi gra-Yildnarz, Dragonknight and Smith
    Myrvanwe, Sorcerer and Enchanter
    Tsajirra, Nightblade and Clothier
    Vilvyni Indarys, Dragonknight and Woodworker
    Arielle Alouette, Templar and Provisioner
    Fishes in Troubled Waters, Nightblade and Alchemist
    Shanika Some Long Title I'd Change If I Could, Templar and Aspirant Jeweller
    Pippi Longhorn, Nightblade, Ne'er-do-well, and "Tribute" character
    EU PC.
  • found1779
    found1779
    ✭✭✭
    Well considering I snapped my game in half this week cause of problems in pvp in my opinion I would say it's dieing
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    found1779 wrote: »
    Well considering I snapped my game in half this week cause of problems in pvp in my opinion I would say it's dieing
    Someone rage quitting = evidence the game is dying? Or did you just want to bring up the fact that you snapped your game disc again?
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • GaldorP
    GaldorP
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's hard to say because of the megaserver system. I still meet just as many other players in Cadwell's Silver and Gold content as I did a year ago. There's lots of players doing Wrothgar world bosses (very easy to find groups). Finding groups for Undaunted pledges isn't harder than it was when the system was new. The most popular PvP campaign is still locked at prime time every day. Trading guilds are still full with 500 active veteran players. Some players leave or take a break, others return or start now. If the game is losing players then I don't notice it (PC EU).
  • Jura23
    Jura23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GaldorP wrote: »
    It's hard to say because of the megaserver system. I still meet just as many other players in Cadwell's Silver and Gold content as I did a year ago. There's lots of players doing Wrothgar world bosses (very easy to find groups). Finding groups for Undaunted pledges isn't harder than it was when the system was new. The most popular PvP campaign is still locked at prime time every day. Trading guilds are still full with 500 active veteran players. Some players leave or take a break, others return or start now. If the game is losing players then I don't notice it (PC EU).

Because we actually don't know if the megaservers are still "mega".
    Georgion - Bosmer/Templar - PC/EU