The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Do you think ESO is dieing?

• GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I say yes but only on pc. There are ton's of people on Ps4 from what i can see. When i watch pc streamer's, there pvp ground's are empty. It must be dieing on pc. Console player's don't have many other game's to play. I didn't buy into Battlefront or fallout. I'm a stick with Eso for awhile even though it needs lots of work.

Edited by GreenSoup2HoT on December 1, 2015 7:33AM
    PS4 NA DC
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Since some people seem to believe it is and some (like myself) do not I thought I'd make this poll and see what the forum community believes. Feel free to comment also but keep it clean!

nope, there are still many people there. And ZOS is now intenselly working on fixing the PVP lags, so if they fix that, all will be well!
  • NovaMarx
    NovaMarx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Completely useless poll, since not everyone who plays the game is active on forums - and vice versa.
    "Feet are for walking. Hands are for hitting. Or shaking. Or waving. Sometimes for clapping."
    - M'aiq the Liar
  • iliatha
    iliatha
    ✭✭✭
    No if they manage to repair their content like cyrodiil & empty IC.
  • Jura23
    Jura23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NovaMarx wrote: »
    Completely useless poll, since not everyone who plays the game is active on forums - and vice versa.

Everything is useless. In a way.
    Georgion - Bosmer/Templar - PC/EU
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Typhoios wrote: »
    Marcusito wrote: »
    PvP dying? On PC no way, there is always an ebb and flow to guilds but I saw hundreds of AD dethrone DC at Ales tonight. You want to run big SWP on EP, Chuck Norris on DC and AD is usually always has good numbers. There so many guilds in PvP and AZ is always packed in prime time.

Exactly! On PC/EU in Azura there is always a crowd. In fact most of the complaints are that there are too many people and they are zerging. How can we have both a dying, dwindling playerbase and also huge enemy zergs?

To be fair though, primetime pop lock is like, what, 450 people? Most of the other campaigns are either very low on, or completely void of, action.
  • riverdragon72
    riverdragon72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    more people have quit eso than are playing now, it used to be packed.
    Edited by riverdragon72 on December 1, 2015 9:30AM
    Meh...**** it..
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sausage wrote: »
    I think ES and Bethesda fans are keeping this going, but just barely. Im not going to lie they probably lose some of their players to Everquest Next, all oldies know ES and Everquest, Im personally actually excited it switched owner, you would imagine as it's Day Break's debute, they aim to impress, they probably push out content as mad, kinda what Trion did a few year back, or it they dont, they are going to be forgotten sooner than they ever thought.

You must have forgotten what has become of DCUO which is also owned by Daybreak.

As far as I last heard, the release of Everquest Next was uncertain because of the major shakeups that happened at the beginning of the year along with SOE becoming Daybreak... since then, their budget has dropped (as seen from major initiatives being pulled from DCUO) and with an 'investment firm' owning the company, who knows how much cash they'll offer Daybreak before pulling the plug. Given that Jens Andersen was promoted to Sr. Creative Director over all Daybreak Games, coming from DCUO and with his condescending and negative attitude towards solo players and the horrible decisions made at DCUO, I don't have a whole lot of hope for the direction of Everquest Next.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Necrelios
    Necrelios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well the base game for PC is pretty much dead between V1-V15 unless you go to Wrothgar. I think it is still a little soon to judge but it certainly has some strong competition with other games. If they want to keep customers they really have to step up their game. Literally. I already spend a lot more time playing Star Citizen now and it's only in Alpha stage.
    Edited by Necrelios on December 1, 2015 10:19AM
    Terms & Conditions ["We revoke permission to fictional legal constructs or private/public persons for selling of any private data, censorship, surveillance, personage or conversion as a trespass of law. We prohibit the practice of "procedural law" or corporate statues in place of divine law."]
  • Elloa
    Elloa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    First of all there is a big difference between PVP dying and Game dying.
    I can not speak about PVP, cause I didn't put my feet in Cyrodiil / Imperial City since Orsinium released; I think it's still doing great as my guildies are hanging out there daily.

However, it would be wonderfull if those kind of threads would die. It's boring. Seriously, STOP IT.
    Edited by Elloa on December 1, 2015 10:15AM
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Elloa wrote: »
    First of all there is a big difference between PVP dying and Game dying.
    I can not speak about PVP, cause I didn't put my feet in Cyrodiil / Imperial City since Orsinium released; I think it's still going though as my guildies are hanging out there daily.

However, it would be wonderfull if those kind of threads would die. It's boring. Seriously, STOP IT.

I don't think either is dying. But I disagree that the difference is big. If PvP were dying (which I don't think it is) it could be seen as a symptom of whatever is plaguing the game.
    Typically PvP streams and videos are what gets the attention, especially for new/interested players.
    When you turn on JackDaniell's stream only to hear him rage about lag it's bad publicity. And that guy's Canadian so you know it's messed up when he gets mad.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the game is losing a lot of veterans and hard core players, however there are still masses of new players and casual gamers enjoying it.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    I think the game is losing a lot of veterans and hard core players, however there are still masses of new players and casual gamers enjoying it.

Yeah I see a lot of new people. I mean, like a gob smacking amount of newbies in the starter zones. Warms my old heart.
  • Artheiron
    Artheiron
    ✭✭✭
    Lost 2 guilds, It'll be alive for me once my friends come back. They all quit after imperial city lol.
    Edited by Artheiron on December 1, 2015 10:31AM
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, along with your spelling

rip decibel
  • Artheiron
    Artheiron
    ✭✭✭
    Draxys wrote: »
    Yes, along with your spelling

spellcrafting confirmed?
  • Blackmoon777
    Blackmoon777
    ✭✭✭
    Yes.
    Since November there are only 4 News on main page , before it was ~3-4 per week.
    And if thera are any news , they are about new shiny things in casch shop.
    Elder Scrolls world is so big and interesting to explore (many races, different architecture and culture) yet in ESO you just dont feel like that, and you dont have freedom (4 classes, 3 aliances, zone A -> B -> C -> D .... and repeat)
    I will probably back to MMOs if there will be game with world that you realy want to live in, so probably i will never come back :pensive:
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From what I've seen MMO players always claim every game is dying, or already dead, except for a very brief period when they're all hyping up to the next big exciting shiny thing being sold to them. Then once they've bought it that becomes the thing that is killing the game and should never have been made.

The game seems just as active as when I first joined a year ago. Of course that was when ZOS had just admitted the game was dead and were making a last ditch effort to squeeze some money out of people by removing the subscription before they shut the servers down completely.

It's kind of like Schrödinger's Cat.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How many players are needed for a game not to die? Is 500.000 world wide enough? 150.000?
  • Kas
    Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    not necessarily dying but at the very least changing player bases.
    i you would have had a list of the 200 most active pvp'ers on PC/EU, I guess today about 30% of them are still playing.

the same thing goes for PvE raiders, I guess.

now, some fluctuation is normal adn there still are new players. but especially those that put the most time into the game are leaving right now. this may be a shift in player style but could alos be an indicator what doing to happen to those that did everything a bit later than the "early adopting hardcore players"
    @bbu - AD/EU
    Kasiia - Templar (AR46)
    Kasiir Aberion - Sorc (AR38)
    Dr Kastafari - Warden (~AR31)
    + many others
  • dday3six
    dday3six
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's thinning out it would seem, but to call it dying is premature.
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jitterbug wrote: »
    Turelus wrote: »

Yeah I see a lot of new people. I mean, like a gob smacking amount of newbies in the starter zones. Warms my old heart.

The ones I see are the veterans who started a new alt.
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jhunn wrote: »
    Normally MMOs get better over time. ESO gets worse. PvP is a laggy, unplayable mess and PvE endgame guilds are soon non-existant. The game is catered to casuals and pushes away the hardcore crowd, both PvE and PvP, who otherwise would stay for ages. The casuals will leave as soon as the next TES game comes out which will last for years with mods.

No so, young one.

I loved Morrowind. Still occasionally play it. Still occasionally mod it. Tried Oblivion... discarded it. Tried Skyrim...discarded it.

I enjoy ESO for itself ... so I'll be playing it as long as it's available. Yes there are things that bug the #@#$@%$ out of me. I try to avoid them.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Dymence
    Dymence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the current trend of DLC release timing is pretty good, and I think (hope) it will just get better over time.

Only time will tell. The population will spike upwards and downwards.
  • Jhunn
    Jhunn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    No so, young one.

I loved Morrowind. Still occasionally play it. Still occasionally mod it. Tried Oblivion... discarded it. Tried Skyrim...discarded it.

I enjoy ESO for itself ... so I'll be playing it as long as it's available. Yes there are things that bug the #@#$@%$ out of me. I try to avoid them.
    I'll rephrase. Majority of the casuals will leave when the next TES game comes out. They'll have a whole new moddable game to play which fits their demands of an immersive world better and which will probably last longer than Skyrim, that itself lasted quite a few years. I played all three games aswell, and that's why I picked the game up in the first place, but it's not why I'm staying here :)
    Edited by Jhunn on December 1, 2015 12:00PM
    Gave up.
  • TERMINAT0R_XVII
    TERMINAT0R_XVII
    ✭✭✭
    I'm staying with this game till they shut down their servers completely. No one can try to tell me different. Even when I start focusing on the next new game I'm still going to play this game. Game isnt dead for me.
    Xbox one NA server
    Current CP level: 481
    Main= Clan-Mother Ra'Zaria: Khajiit Dragonknight EP (Toxic Shock Build)
    Hlevala Redoran: Dark elf Sorcerer DC (Daedric Sorcerer Build)(race subject to change)
    Tsudajiti-Ri: Level 23 Kajiit Nightblade AD (Magicka, 3 hit ko Build)
    Tulara Ayrenn: High Elf Templar DC (Right Hand of Mara Build)
    One-Who-Breaks-Mountains: Argonian Templar EP (Left Hand of Mara Build)
    Lillca Boulder-Child: Nord Dragonknight EP (Indominable Tank Build)(no purge)
    Logranka-Gra-Orsinium: Level Orc Dragonknight AD (Volcanic Incineration Build)
    Nivinora Night-Hollow: Wood Elf Nightblade DC (Jaqspur Build)(bow abilities only)
    High Queen Atmorra: Level 10 Redguard Templar EP (Tireless Stamplar)
    Rakkiza Mane-Sister: Level 7 Khajiit nightblade DC (in progress)
    Vavakra Telvanni: Level 36 Dunmer Warden AD (in progress) (race subject to change)
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The game is only 6 months on console. I think many of the hardcore grind players have burned themselves out. There are quite a few majorly anticipated game titles recently released.
    Many guilds have set nites that are more in pvp area and they often seem really full to me. I don't know anything about Xbox or PC versions in NA or EU. I'm only on PlayStation NA, so I really can't comment on any of the others.
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All online games have ups and downs, I believe there are more people playing the game than we think, I am not on 24 hours a day to see, but I do know when I visit places I still a lot of players running around, I am sure there are times the population drops.
    I do know the pvp population has taken a hit on PC anyway at least during the time I play. ZOS still has some grand plans for ESO, and having big plans most of the time means your game is not dying.
  • kongkim
    kongkim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On PC no. there are still alot of players in the game everytime in in. take me only a few min. to find groups.
  • Sausage
    Sausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »
    Sausage wrote: »
    I think ES and Bethesda fans are keeping this going, but just barely. Im not going to lie they probably lose some of their players to Everquest Next, all oldies know ES and Everquest, Im personally actually excited it switched owner, you would imagine as it's Day Break's debute, they aim to impress, they probably push out content as mad, kinda what Trion did a few year back, or it they dont, they are going to be forgotten sooner than they ever thought.

You must have forgotten what has become of DCUO which is also owned by Daybreak.

As far as I last heard, the release of Everquest Next was uncertain because of the major shakeups that happened at the beginning of the year along with SOE becoming Daybreak... since then, their budget has dropped (as seen from major initiatives being pulled from DCUO) and with an 'investment firm' owning the company, who knows how much cash they'll offer Daybreak before pulling the plug. Given that Jens Andersen was promoted to Sr. Creative Director over all Daybreak Games, coming from DCUO and with his condescending and negative attitude towards solo players and the horrible decisions made at DCUO, I don't have a whole lot of hope for the direction of Everquest Next.

Who gives a damn about DCUO, its like 5-6 year old. I think Day Break has a good shot to success, H1Z1 is already very popular on Steam. Question is are they gonna take it or not.
    Edited by Sausage on December 1, 2015 1:04PM