Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Do you think ESO is dieing?

UltimaJoe777
UltimaJoe777
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Since some people seem to believe it is and some (like myself) do not I thought I'd make this poll and see what the forum community believes. Feel free to comment also but keep it clean!
Edited by UltimaJoe777 on November 30, 2015 11:20PM
Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy

Do you think ESO is dieing? 555 votes

Yes
28% 156 votes
Yes, but only on PC
3% 20 votes
Yes, but only on Xb1
0% 3 votes
Yes, but only on PS4
1% 6 votes
No
50% 283 votes
Too soon to say...
15% 87 votes
  • lonewolf26
    lonewolf26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the lag in AZ on PC is any indicator, I'd say alive and well for now.
  • Justice31st
    Justice31st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Game isn't even a year old on consoles yet...
    "The more you know who you are, and what you want, the less you let things upset you."
  • Jura23
    Jura23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not in a good shape IMO. The best for ESO would probably be to completely change devs team, but that's probably not realistic.
    Georgion - Bosmer/Templar - PC/EU
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And (to add to above post) you gotta realize that a ton of plaers that start a game during release are not gonna stick around.

I use my xbox friends list as reference. Like over half started the new halo, now no one plays. Everyone started smite now one plays. Over 20 started Neverwinter now only two play.

According to my little demographic, the most player retaining games so far are: fallout 4 (give it time) Neverwinter (the two consistent players are more consistent with this game than others) and ESO (eso has consistently 9 players on)

So from my history, eso is one of the more lasting games already (for console)
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not dying

It's just going thru its teenage years now but when it's all grown up it'll be the most epic game evah
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • Uncle_Voodoo
    Uncle_Voodoo
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure if the game is actually dying, but I do think the population has decreased quite a bit.
  • aidenmoore
    aidenmoore
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes. Towns is empty now. There are barely players around. Doing pledges is almost impossible since no one is playing ESO. Cyrodiil is just a massive dead pvp zone. No one doing world boss dailies in Wrothgar. I can confirm, ESO is dying.
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Gorrag gro-Gar - Dragonknight ( Vehemence )
    YT : Gorrag gro-Gar
  • dem0n1k
    dem0n1k
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Forums tend to be the whinge-fests for any game... the happy people just keep on playing & never even look at the forums. The PVP areas may take a hit in the population due to the frustration of lag & other PVP related issues but I think the PVE player base will remain strong.
    NA Server [PC] -- Mostly Ebonheart Pact, Mostly.
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ah, is it that time of the year again? Where those doomsday posts creep up, I mean...

Personaly, I blame winter depression on that, wouldn't know why else these would pop around this time of the year so much...
  • Merry
    Merry
    ✭✭✭
    Since the sale there has been a lot more people in the earlier zones. I dont know how many of them are new and how many are just people making alts but either way one must assume that those new chars were created to play through the game. Which means more people out doing dungeons/dolmens/etc.
    It sure doesnt feel dead to me.

also:
    aidenmoore wrote: »
    No one doing world boss dailies in Wrothgar. I can confirm, ESO is dying.

I dont know if you are being serious or sarcastic about the Wrothgar bosses but I see them being run constantly throughout the day/night. Like really, all the time. /shrug

M
    Edited by Merry on November 30, 2015 11:56PM
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    /sigh
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • EDS604
    EDS604
    ✭✭✭
    not dying at all. in every mmo there's people sticking around for a few months and losing interest after that. in every mmo there's people dedicated to the game and sticking around for years. what you see here is a game that's maturing, not dying :)
    PC EU, Guildleader of "Death By Gargoyle".
  • Kelleton
    Kelleton
    ✭✭✭
    Wrothgar was the first finished product we have ever seen released from the team. Craiglorn was released in 2 bits and was supposed to be released on launch but delayed. IC was released without any of the PvP objectives (now they say they are looking into it). Now in Q1 they are doing ability rebalance because they broke the game in 1.6. What happened to the devs having all the potential numbers worked out? Remember when they said they knew exactly what someone's potential armor/stamina/regen would be and where those numbers would come from? Hah 1 week after that release we had the most broken game since launch.

When you release unfinished products your numbers will drop. Hire game devs that know how to write proper algorithms so your combat system isn't shot. This is a combat centric game, if your combat is crap no matter how beautiful your game looks it is a crap product. You wont buy a new car with a '78 pinto engine. Fix this and people will come back.
  • Skiserony
    Skiserony
    ✭✭✭
    It's too soon to really tell, but it's not going to take much longer if the issues persist. It's no too late to fix them now.

But if there aren't going to be fixes, I'm afraid it'll eventually will be.
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah, the weekly "is the game dying?" speculation.

Can't not have this every week!
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dying is a strong word, but I can certainly say this: there are far, far fewer active players than there once was. People rarely do trials any more. Most PvP campaigns are empty. IC is empty. It sometimes takes ages to find groups for pledges. Some of this may be explained by people exploring Wrothgar/MA, but to be honest I think the player base has shrunk.

On top of that, I question many of the more recent development decisions, which seem to be grounded exclusively on the crown store model:

- In order to force people to buy the DLCs, all dropped gear is now BoP so there's no chance you'll get it from other players. To make matters worse, the community seems to agree that drop rates are exceedingly low, especially for highly-valued traits (divines, infused);
    - Crafted gear at the new level cap is prohibitively expensive, while at the same time the materials for it are much rarer, i.e. only someone with a whole lot of in-game moolah is going to be able to afford the materials unless they buy the DLC and farm them;
    - Motifs broken down into pages, and in the case of glass, broken down again into pieces. They went from rare drops in all kinds of containers to ultra-rare drops from few sources. Worst example is again the glass motif, which can only drop from quests you can only do once a day.

These sort of decisions may be understandable from a business perspective, but they feel like punishment for those who DID buy the DLCs or who, like me, are ongoing subscribers.

Finally, there's the omnipresent issue of bugs, exploits and balance. ZOS' track record is appalling in dealing with these. They did fix the long loading screens for me, but it took them 2 months to do it, and others are still complaining. Other long-standing issues remain unfixed.

I sincerely hope ESO will survive its growing pains, but I wouldn't be surprised if sometime in the near future ZOS simply cashed out and took down the game.
  • Thrasher91604
    Thrasher91604
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    daemonios wrote: »
    In order to force people to buy the DLCs, all dropped gear is now BoP so there's no chance you'll get it from other players.

May be some dropped gear is BoP, but not in the normal zones.

• iamnotweakrwb17_ESO
    iamnotweakrwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are certain things they need to do urgently.

A) Fix lag
    B) Give cyrodill its life back
    C) Get rid of the *** RNG grindfest
    D) Fix up the absolutely lazy dev mode UI interface. Non clutter is one thing but at least have an inbuilt UI that allows detailed information to be turned on or off FFS.
    E) Guild trader system needs a massive overhaul.
  • Lenikus
    Lenikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ... People are so clueless. lol.
    ... Mai cave. >:3
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    daemonios wrote: »
    In order to force people to buy the DLCs, all dropped gear is now BoP so there's no chance you'll get it from other players.

May be some dropped gear is BoP, but not in the normal zones.

All dropped set gear in the new zones/dungeons is BoP.

Happy now?
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    lonewolf26 wrote: »
    If the lag in AZ on PC is any indicator, I'd say alive and well for now.

Except the fact that AZ is the ONLY pvp server that has any population. Even Blackwater Blade is dead. I wouldn't say 'one' pvp server...is alive and well.
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
  • NoMoreChillies
    NoMoreChillies
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    not dying at all
    PVP players may think it is, but PVE is strong as ever.
    Insulting people on the internet is cowardly.
  • Lord Xanhorn
    Lord Xanhorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    not dying at all
    PVP players may think it is, but PVE is strong as ever.

This is really myopic. PVE is as bad as its ever been. There are 2 4 man dungeons that present a challenge. All the other vet dungeons are easy mode and the rest of PVE is solo.

All the trials guilds and PVE guilds are dead cause there's just nothing to do.

So glad the solo people got their way and got a whole nother zone for them to explore. Meanwhile everyone else left. I guess the 15 current solo zones weren't enough.
    I'm kind of a small deal!
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still see starter zones filled with people... and I continuously create and delete characters, so I would definitely notice if there was a huge decline. Plus, it all depends on when you normally play as playing during the week you won't see nearly as many people as evenings and weekends.
    CP: 1930 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Catblade
    Catblade
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think it's trying to commit suicide. Someone refer eso to the suicide hotline
    Edited by Catblade on December 1, 2015 1:05AM
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Catblade wrote: »
    I think it's trying to commit suicide. Someone refer eso to the suicide hotline

*DINGDONG*

Suicide Hotline: What the?! Phones don't go dingdong.

-picks up phone-

Suicide Hotline: Hello yes, this is the Suicide Hotline, how may I help you?

ESO: I wanna commit suicide

Suicide Hotline: Please don't, you're just a teenager. You do lots of stupid things, but when you mature, things'll get better

ESO: Really!?

-ESO boosts DK and Temps, balances the classes and adds the Thieves Guild-

-10000000 players return to the game-

ESO: Oh wow it did. Thank you so much!

Suicide Hotline: NP, that'll be 1000€

ESO: Uh... can I pay with crowns?
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • wafcatb14_ESO
    wafcatb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Need to add a Don`t care because I`m waiting on another MMO to release option . lol
  • FelixTheCatt
    FelixTheCatt
    ✭✭✭
    Can't speak to the Xbone or pc crowd but anyone denying a HUGE ps4 playerbase drop for the last 3 weeks is either blind or trying to fool themselves. All the major trade cities and craglorn have been ghost towns. I bet just tonight there probably wasn't 20 players in Eldenroot at peak hours.

Hey , I'm not wishing it , its just the flat out truth. Will things rebound? I believe so but nothing like it was before. This games reputation doesn't attract former players to rejoin amd word of mouth among the gaming community keeps new players from even starting.
    Xbox - Kuchini07
    Eso - FaCoffinDye (EP)
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Of course, none of that has anything to do with Fallout 4, holidays, finals and all that.

Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
  • TheLaw
    TheLaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    It doesn't matter what people think, it's dying.
    -= Shahrzad the Great |Sorc| =-