Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Wrothgar Relic Hunter - written guide to relics/trophies for House of Orsimer Glories achievement.

Padhraigh
Padhraigh
✭✭✭
Howdy!

First, many thanks to @Saturn for teaming up with me in finding these trophies and putting this guide together. He has also made a very helpful map and video guide to these locations HERE. If that's not your cup of tea there are written descriptions below on how to find each and every item.

Also, a big thank you to @mlstevens42_ESO for finding Centurion's Signet and helping complete the list.

The list below follows the order of the list given to you by the curator at the museum.

(Sidenote: The Armlet of Torug, Coldwind's Skull and the two Public Dungeon Trophies are NOT part of the Relic Hunter achievement. More on these at the bottom of this post.)

*English is not my first language, so some descriptions may sound/look a bit strange. Feel free to make suggestions on how to improve this guide.*

First Charter
The hints for this are very misleading. The charter is not in the "western mountains" and nowhere near the Old Orsinium.

To find this item go northwest to Exile's Barrow delve and follow the path up, now this one is pretty hard to find, but when you are on - as in on top of - the barrow (not inside the delve itself) find the southern part near a campfire, broken tent and two ogre. If you see a skyshard, go to it and look around from there. You should be able to see the ogres and the tent.

Under a little rock next to the ogres is a skeleton (likely the raider refered to in the hints) and The First Charter is resting next to it.
Dwarf Light
Go to Nyzchaleft Falls World Boss, east on the map. The World Boss is located on ground level. To the south of the boss you'll see a tower of sorts. The Lantern is up in the tower.

Go up there. When you enter the tower you'll see a tree in the middle of it with a skyshard and possibly an ogre next to it. Face east from the skyshard (still inside the tower) and you'll see a large contraption with cogwheels inside it.

Behind/to the side of this contraption, the relic is hidden behind some large pipes, next to 2 cogwheels laying on the ground. Approach it and find the "Dwarf Light".
Uzdabikh's Helm
This trophy - along with Agra Crun - is found as part of the introductory museum quest. Follow the quest markers and do as you're told. :)
Trinimac House Idol
This trophy is located close to the entrance to Paragon's Rememberance, far west on the map.

Make your way to the delve entrance. To the right of the entrance you will see 2 tents by a cooking fire, guarded by three Vosh Rakh baddies. The relic is located inside the smaller of the tents. It has basket by the entrance. Inside the tent, head towards the flipped over crate on the right side. Inside the crate you will find the "Trinimac House Idol".
Guthrag's Mask
This Relic is located close to Farhun's Stronghold, way north on the map.

You will have to head through the stronghold in order to reach it.The mask can be found northeast of the Stronghold, at the top of a watchtower.

There's a path leading up the mountain from inside the stronghold, following this should let you see the watchtower. Go up the stairs to the top of the tower and find the Mask on the pillar in the northeast corner of the tower.
Frostbreak Chalice
To find this relic, go South from the Frostbreak Ridge wayshrine and make your way inside the castle. There will be lots of baddies here, so either fight your way through or avoid them to the best of your abilities.

As you can probably see, there are plenty of towers. You want to head to the southeastern most tower, which will have the Chalice standing on a crate below a spiral staircase.
Agra Crun
This trophy - along with Uzdabikh's helm - is found as part of the introductory museum quest. Follow the quest markers and do as you're told :)
Nuzava's Anvil
This relic can be found almost directly East of the Icy Shore wayshrine (it is only a short distance from the wayshrine). It is in a cart next to a shallow stream of water and is guarded by 3 Vosh Rakh NPCs.
Thugbo's Map of Clans
Go North from Merchant's Gate wayshrine following the road.

Before reaching the gate to Orsinium you should find yourself crossing a small stone bridge, directly underneath a large, broken collapsed bridge/aqueduct. Once you have crossed the small stone bridge turn left between some rocks. There will be two Echateres near a broken cart.

The Map will be on a rock next to the cart, practically sat on by one of the Echateres.
Heart of Zanadunoz
Go to Unfinished Dolmen World Boss.

If noone has cleared it, the world boss area is circular, with a bunch of baddies spread around. In the middle if this area are what looks like the remains of a dark anchor. To the left of it (facing Southeast or East) you will see a table with four lit candles and a body on it, with a knife buried in it's chest. There may or may not be two baddies performing a ritual by the body. The heart is located on the table, in a brown bowl next to the body.

Approcathing it you will be promted to interact with "Heart of Zanadunoz". Mind you, this is a world boss area. If the area hasn't been clearead, attacking/approaching mobs will trigger the event, so either get help or be very quick. If you're able, you can clear the area of mobs and grab the heart before the boss spawns and attacks. The window is short, but it's possible
Torc of Baloth Bloodtusk
The hints for this are extremely vague which is why it is hard to find.

Both hints (from the list and the museum plaque) simply state "near Honor's Rest". However, there is a quest called "Those Truly Favoured", which will point you in the right direction.

To find this item go North of Honor's Rest (it's symbol on the map is a coffin). It might be a bit hard to find, but near some broken pillars will be three Winterborn NPCs and a cave opening behind them. If you follow this cave you'll end up with a door in front of you that leads to Honor's Rest Catacombs, enter it.
Once inside the Catacombs make your way to Westernmost part of the rooms. It will be a room that on the map looks like a plus sign. Once you enter it there will be an open stone coffin with a skeleton inside and - more importantly - the Torc of Baloth Bloodtusk.

Sidenote: The quest "Those Truly Favoured" will not take you to the actual location of the necklace once you are inside the catacombs.
Horn of Beasts
Make your way to Old Orsinium public dungeon - way out west on the map.

From just outside the entrance, get down to sea level and try to follow the coastline east from there.

You will pass a waterfall and a skyshard. Just around the bend from this skyshard - facing south/southeast - you will see a huge rock propped up by some smaller rocks. Under this huge rock there is a troll hiding. If the troll has been killed, you can still see a skeleton and a backpack. If not, kill the troll, because it's sitting on the "Horn of Beasts". Typical troll behaviour.
Centurion's Signet
You find this item by following the "Forcing the Faith" quest in Paragon's Rememberance delve (in the Western part of Wrothgar).

When you complete the quest you will at the end have to jump off a place to reach the questgiver, before doing this, you want to move slowly towards the edge and look down. You should find a skeleton on some scaffolding below with the Signet next to it.

Note: You don't have to do the quest to access the skeleton with the signet, if you can find it there is a fallen rock that leads to the scaffolding.
Thukhozod's Bracers
Head to Thukozod's Sanctum delve.

This delve has two levels, and the relic is located on the bottom level in the large area in the southern part of the delve. You are in the right place if you see a bunch of skeletons close to 2 skeletal mages that seem to be doing something strange with a blue crystal. In the northwest corner of this lower level area you will see a bench underneath a tarp, tied up between four poles. Approach the bench and pick up "Thukozodh's Bracer"
Liquid Silver
Head inside Argent Mine delve.

This is hard for me to describe due to a language barrier, but let's try it like this - inside this delve are "rooms" where the narrow corridors lead into larger openings. Let's call these alcoves.

Now, when looking at the map inside the delve, you will see it has two height levels. The left side of the map is the upper level, and the right side of the map is the lower level. On the lower level - right side of the map - you see there are 3 of these so called alcoves. The Liquid Silver Relic is located in the "middle" alcove.

This middle alcove is split in two parts, separated by a narrow passage with a wooden ramp. The Relic can be found after this wooden ramp. If you see a whole in the roof of the cave, letting light inside, and a tent with a torch by the entrance, you're in the right place. The relic sits in a box, on the table inside the tent, guarded by some baddies. When approaching the box you will be promted to examine "Liquid Silver".
Black quill
The Black Quill is located inside Coldperch Cavern delve, on a bench near a cooking fire in the southwest area of the cave where lots of Winterborn hang around tents and such,. Look around the southwest corner of the area, opposite a wooden cage. Also, don't expect a quill, it actually looks like a water skin, but you will know it is the correct item because it glows faintly.
Eye of Zthenganaz
Head towards Rkindaleft public dungeon, far east on the map.

You will see a small river making it's way from a cave opening in the mountain, leading you towards the public dungeon entrance. Don't go inside the cave yet. To the right of this opening, there is a big rock with a dead tree on top of it, pointing upwards. Close to the base of this tree is a dwemer looking thingie. That's the Eye of Ztenganaz
Hammer of Glass
This is located inside Old Orsinium public dungeon.

If you haven't done the quest here - pick it up the once you're inside the public dungeon - you need it to access the area where the relic is.

If you've already done the quest - no problem, you have access to the area after the quest is completed.

Old Orsinium has several different areas, much like the Imperial Sewers. The Hammer of Glass is located in the northernmost part of the dungeon, to the right of Old Orsinium Shrine - which you will visit during the quest for the dungeon.

You will know you're in the right spot if you can se a couple of beds and a bedside table on a platform of sorts. Behind this bedside table you will see a bright looking Maul, leaning against the wall. Approach it and interact with "Hammer of Glass".
Scepter of the King-Chief
Located by the King-Chief's Throne World Boss.

When you approach the boss area from the only way where it's possible, you will see a small group of mobs below a platform where the boss is located. To the left and right of these mobs are a couple of tents. The Scepter is located by the tents to the right.

The first tent on the right side has a weapon rack next to it. You can see this by looking for the effigy, a bore skin tied to a big pole. When approaching this weapon rack, you will be prompted to interact with "Scepter of the Riekr King-Chief. It looks like a human skull mounted on a stick.
Mad Urkazbur's Ice-Effigy
Head to The Mad Ogre's Altar World Boss.

Here you will find an ogre hanging out by an altar. Behind him - now facing north - is a tent. To the left of this tent is a big rock that shoots out and creates a roof, under which there are a couple of barrels and some tanning racks. On one of these barrels, you will see a statue mad of ice . Approach it and interact with "Mad Urkazbur's Ice-Effigy".
The Greatest Relic of king Torug's Companion (Note: this is NOT required to finish the Relic Hunter achievement. In the spoiler there is some info on how to get this last listed trophy.)
This can only be found once you've completed the "Hero of Wrothgar" achievement. For this, you need to:

- find all the previously listed relics and place them in the museum.
- complete the main quest
- complete 40 quests in Wrothgar
- Kill 4 World Bosses in Wrothgar
- Complete both (!) Public Dungeon achievements
- Clear all six delves in Wrothgar.

After doing all of this, head to the wayshrine in the city of Orsinium. you will now see a marker for a new quest on a billboard. You may also go to the museum and talk to the Curator to get the quest. Follow the quest and do as you're told :)

Now you might be asking - "But, what about the Armlet of Torug? What about Coldwind's Skull? What about the Public Dungeon Trophies - do they count for something?" Well, yes and no.

Public Dungeon Trophies aren't related to either the museum or the Relic Hunter achievement. The trophies - earned by completing Wrothgar Public Dungeons - are:
"Malacath's Wrathful Flame" and "Rkindaleft's Hidden Pressure Vent". They look nice and shiny, but they are simply regular quest trophies that can be used for fun effects.

The next two items can be found and placed in the museum, but aren't related to the Relic Hunter Achievement

Armlet of Torug
This item can be found by completing the Sorrow's Kiss quest, found in the very north of Wrothgar, you will be sent to this area if you do the intro quest for the Curator at the museum. Now, a big quest spoiler (read only if you feel you have to make a decision, but don't know how):
At the end of this quest, you will be given a choice as to what to do with the armlet. Either let it stay where it is, or decide that it should be in the museum.

IMPORTANT: Should you decide that the armlet stays where you find it, you will not - repeat, you will NOT! - be able to change your mind.

That means the armlet will never, ever be found in the museum with the rest of all these relics. For the love of God - give it to the museum.

Coldwind's skull
This is the trophy you will be tasked with finding after you complete the "Hero of Wrothgar" achievement and it is "The Greatest Relic of king Torug's Companion" from the curators list. Just follow the quest and do as you're told :)

And there it is! Treasure hunting at it's finest. Hopefully you all have your titles, costumes and a museum full of priceless relics at this point! Thank you all for participating, and I hope you enjoy this questline as much as I did.

If you have questions, comments, bad words when I die during dailies - write them here or whisper/mail me on EU server @Padhraigh, and be sure to check out Alith if you're looking for a friendly, casual, social, mature PvE guild on the EP side of the EU server.
PC - EU - EP
Relic Hunter
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thank you for this.I expanded all the spoilers and printed it out for safe keeping as I go along my merry way in Orsinium. :}
  • Padhraigh
    Padhraigh
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for this.I expanded all the spoilers and printed it out for safe keeping as I go along my merry way in Orsinium. :}

Glad to hear it is useful :) please let me know if I can improve the instructions somehow.
    Edited by Padhraigh on November 13, 2015 7:34PM
    PC - EU - EP
    Relic Hunter
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • BRogueNZ
    BRogueNZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a lazy filthy dirty carebear still learning to play casual

thanks for this
  • Saturn
    Saturn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice list :)
    Edited by Saturn on November 14, 2015 2:51AM
    "Madness is a bitter mercy, perhaps, but a mercy nonetheless."

Fire and Ice
  • Padhraigh
    Padhraigh
    ✭✭✭
    BRogueNZ wrote: »
    As a lazy filthy dirty carebear still learning to play casual

thanks for this
    Thanks yourself you filthy little carebear, enjoy!
    Saturn wrote: »
    Nice list :)

Only thanks to you mate :)
    PC - EU - EP
    Relic Hunter
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Arkadius
    Arkadius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great guide. Thanks very much :)
  • Marrtha
    Marrtha
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks!
    Use @Marrtha when replying!
  • Padhraigh
    Padhraigh
    ✭✭✭
    Xiana wrote: »
    Great guide. Thanks very much :)
    Marrtha wrote: »
    Thanks!

Thanks for finding it useful, enjoy!
    PC - EU - EP
    Relic Hunter
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • syzmic
    syzmic
    ✭✭✭
    Hammer of Glass.

Can you only get this by doing the quest?

I have done the quest but did not pick up the hammer "Did not know about it".

Can you still get it if you have completed the quest.

Great guide by the way.
  • Padhraigh
    Padhraigh
    ✭✭✭
    syzmic wrote: »
    Hammer of Glass.

Can you only get this by doing the quest?

I have done the quest but did not pick up the hammer "Did not know about it".

Can you still get it if you have completed the quest.

Great guide by the way.

All is fine - after you complete the quest, you have access to the area where the relic is found. And thanks!
    Edited by Padhraigh on November 17, 2015 8:00PM
    PC - EU - EP
    Relic Hunter
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice list.

EDIT I just found one of the items that the Curator asks (Helm), then she hands the list to you to find the others. Once I had that list, then the Effigy was there again to find. However before getting that list, it was not. It is possible to collect these items before you get the list but it is best not to destroy something with a unique name until you go to the museum. But, nice that the list makes the items reset. In fact, I just checked on a character that had found a few of them and they were all back after I got the list.

You only need 16 of the Relics for the portion that counts towards the Hero of Wrothgar achievement. There is another Relic Achievement for getting all 20 on the list.

Probably goes without saying, but I am going to anyway as I made this mistake. Don't destroy anything unique you find. I found the Frozen Effigy thing and carried it around for a few days. I had not been in the museum so I did not know they would want it. So, like all trophies in the game, I destroyed it. Well, that means I can never finish the achievement on that character. I think I have kept it on others but I did all the world bosses on each main the first week, so I am not sure if I kept the two trophies on all characters or not. It maybe that I will never be able to do this achievement.
    Edited by Nestor on November 20, 2015 2:53AM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes you can get the hammer when you come back after finishing the quest : the room is still accessible.

Clear, precise, concise : excellent guide. Many thanks to the author.
  • Pomaikai
    Pomaikai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have all the relics placed in the museum, with the exception of Coldwind's Skull. However I'm not getting the quest to retrieve it. Is there anything else I need to have done to get this quest? This and the new gold recipe quests are the only things I'm missing in the Orsinium DLC save the rare fish.
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Nice list.

Probably goes without saying, but I am going to anyway as I made this mistake. Don't destroy anything unique you find. I found the Frozen Effigy thing and carried it around for a few days. I had not been in the museum so I did not know they would want it. So, like all trophies in the game, I destroyed it. Well, that means I can never finish the achievement on that character. I think I have kept it on others but I did all the world bosses on each main the first week, so I am not sure if I kept the two trophies on all characters or not. It maybe that I will never be able to do this achievement.
    @Nestor You can pick them up again. We "tried" it with the Map of Clans, which both me and my better half destroyed out of lack of knowledge, and both ofus have picked it up again.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leandor wrote: »
    . We "tried" it with the Map of Clans, which both me and my better half destroyed out of lack of knowledge, and both ofus have picked it up again.

I tried the the Effigy and it was not there to be picked up. Maybe that one is bugged.

OK, I turned in the Helm and she gave me the list. That reset the Effigy and the others. However, before that, it was not there to be picked up again. At least I can get the Hero achievement now.

Note you only need 16 for the Hero Achievement portion.

Edited by Nestor on November 20, 2015 2:55AM

• I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You don't need all of the relics to get the Relic Hunter achievement. I was about 4 short when I was notified that I'd achieved it.

Which would have been a disappointment except that I've never been able to get the Heart of Zanadunoz - it's just never there, and I've spent many, many lives waiting for it to appear :(
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have the Heart, and the museum display would not let me place it. Maybe I should try now that I have the list.
    Edited by Nestor on November 18, 2015 12:06PM

• Saturn
    Saturn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't need all of the relics to get the Relic Hunter achievement. I was about 4 short when I was notified that I'd achieved it.

Which would have been a disappointment except that I've never been able to get the Heart of Zanadunoz - it's just never there, and I've spent many, many lives waiting for it to appear :(

@I_killed_Vivec
    The achievement is two-part 16/20 and 20/20.

Fire and Ice
  • Saturn
    Saturn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pomaikai wrote: »
    I have all the relics placed in the museum, with the exception of Coldwind's Skull. However I'm not getting the quest to retrieve it. Is there anything else I need to have done to get this quest? This and the new gold recipe quests are the only things I'm missing in the Orsinium DLC save the rare fish.

@Pomaikai
    The last quest from the Curator is unlocked when you complete the Hero of Wrothgar achievement, the hint is in the title.

"The greatest relic of King Torug's companion can only be retrieved by a true Hero of Wrothgar."

Fire and Ice
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

@I_killed_Vivec

Oh... so I do need the heart :(
  • ZOS_ZebCook
    ZOS_ZebCook
    Soul Shriven
    Nice list.

Don't worry, there's still hope! You didn't place the Effigy, so it is still available for you to pick up. Try looking again where you found it. The achievement only updates after you put the item in the Museum.
    Staff Post
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have found 12 of these so far. Really want to find all of them without "cheating", but I do appreciate the list. If I still have some missing a month from now, it may be time to concede defeat and press the spoiler buttons in this thread! I did eventually give up on 2 or 3 skyshards, but there are hundreds of them and only 20 of these, so hopefully I can do this.
  • Padhraigh
    Padhraigh
    ✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    I have found 12 of these so far. Really want to find all of them without "cheating", but I do appreciate the list. If I still have some missing a month from now, it may be time to concede defeat and press the spoiler buttons in this thread! I did eventually give up on 2 or 3 skyshards, but there are hundreds of them and only 20 of these, so hopefully I can do this.

To boost your morale - I'd say theres 's only one of the relics that is damn near impossible to find by using the clues in the curators list. It's quite the undertaking, me and @Saturn spent many hours looking some of the items. But the feeling when we found the last one... good times :-)
    Yes you can get the hammer when you come back after finishing the quest : the room is still accessible.

Clear, precise, concise : excellent guide. Many thanks to the author.

Thank you kindly, glad you enjoyed it!

@I_killed_Vivec

Oh... so I do need the heart :(

Yeah, as @Saturn said it's a two part achievement. Happy hunting!

Edited by Padhraigh on November 18, 2015 5:58PM
    PC - EU - EP
    Relic Hunter
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Padhraigh
    Padhraigh
    ✭✭✭
    I have the Heart, and the museum display would not let me place it. Maybe I should try now that I have the list.

Was it sorted after getting the list from the curator? Never had that problem myself I'm afraid.
    PC - EU - EP
    Relic Hunter
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't worry, there's still hope! You didn't place the Effigy, so it is still available for you to pick up. Try looking again where you found it. The achievement only updates after you put the item in the Museum.

I can tell you the Effigy was not there until I got the list from the Curator. I looked more than once. However once I got the list, it was there to be picked up again.

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Padhraigh wrote: »

Was it sorted after getting the list from the curator? Never had that problem myself I'm afraid.

Yep. It appears everything resets after you get the list. I only have one Relic to find.

• tengri
    tengri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thugbo’s Map of Clans
    ...under a broken stone bridge and over a wooden one...

This is highly misleading.
    It should read "over a stone one"... because there is indeed another wooden bridge in the immediate area which leads in the wrong western direction.
    The small bridge in question is made of stone and faces N/S directly under the huge, collapsed bridge.
  • Padhraigh
    Padhraigh
    ✭✭✭
    tengri wrote: »
    Thugbo’s Map of Clans
    ...under a broken stone bridge and over a wooden one...

This is highly misleading.
    It should read "over a stone one"... because there is indeed another wooden bridge in the immediate area which leads in the wrong western direction.
    The small bridge in question is made of stone and faces N/S directly under the huge, collapsed bridge.

Thanks! I'm on an extended AFK at the moment but will have a looksie as soon as I'm back in game and try and improve the description.

EDIT: Sorry for the very late reply, RL stuff.
    Edited by Padhraigh on December 15, 2015 7:39AM
    PC - EU - EP
    Relic Hunter
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • miked83b14_ESO
    miked83b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Awesome guide! Thanks guys!
    Edited by miked83b14_ESO on December 15, 2015 6:20PM
  • Joseph.f.kennedyb14_ESO

I had a similar problem myself. Its not in the center dolmen platform. Its on the East side. If you sneak up the cliff on the East side and look South you will see the two performing the ritual over a corps on a slab of stone. The heart is in the chalice next to it. I sneaked down and a buddy attacked from the cliff as a diversion While I grabbed it an ran. Hope this helps.
This discussion has been closed.