The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How to complete Wrothgar Relic Hunter achievement

Saturn
Saturn
✭✭✭✭✭
I already posted this a few weeks ago on the PTS forum, but decided to move it to General Discussion since it is now relevant.

Thanks to @Padhraigh who I worked together with to find all of these locations.

First here is a link to the thread that started our exploration:
http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en-GB/discussion/222830/the-hunt-for-wrothgar-relic-hunter-contains-spoilers-and-questionable-directions/p1

Go to the thread above if you don't want spoilers about where all the items are, but just hints to some of the difficult ones.

In this spoiler is a crude map of all the locations I made using paint, but you might want to use it in conjunction with Padhraigh's original post if you have troubles finding the exact spot:
k9u5b6u3xp0q.png

Credit also has to go to @mlstevens42_ESO who found the Centurion's Signet, which was probably one of the hardest ones to find.

I also made a video guide that shows you how to get all 20 Relics along with another museum item called Armlet of Torug (Note that the Armlet is not needed for the achievement):

If you use any of this information to make a map of your own or something similar, please make sure to credit @Padhraigh, @mlstevens42_ESO and @Saturn.

To find out how to get the three House of Orsimer Glories costumes go here.
I also have a video below of the last museum quest:
Edited by Saturn on November 7, 2015 2:51PM
"Madness is a bitter mercy, perhaps, but a mercy nonetheless."

Fire and Ice
  • mlstevens42_ESO
    mlstevens42_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Very nice vid. While I do not think I deserve credit for accidently stumbling on the signet thanks. BTW I am a woman..;)
  • Saturn
    Saturn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice vid. While I do not think I deserve credit for accidently stumbling on the signet thanks. BTW I am a woman..;)

@mlstevens42_ESO
    Heh. Well without your "accidental stumbling" it would not have been uncovered when it was :p

Fire and Ice
  • magnusthorek
    magnusthorek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As I can read in the details about this Achievement, the Armlet of Torug is not required to complete it.

I didn't know it was a museum item, although it was explicitly saying that Lady Clarisse Laurent was hired to bring it to the museum, and because of several interactions with this NPC, which in my opinion is bi***, I gave the armlet to the orc.

Is there a way to get it back? Maybe climbing the mountain all over again?
    I am the very model of a scientist Salarian, I've studied species Turian, Asari, and Batarian.
    I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology) because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology).
    My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian, I am the very model of a Scientist Salarian.
  • Saturn
    Saturn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As I can read in the details about this Achievement, the Armlet of Torug is not required to complete it.

I didn't know it was a museum item, although it was explicitly saying that Lady Clarisse Laurent was hired to bring it to the museum, and because of several interactions with this NPC, which in my opinion is bi***, I gave the armlet to the orc.

Is there a way to get it back? Maybe climbing the mountain all over again?

It is not possible to bring the item back if you choose the option to leave it at the shrine, though it is possible to climb to the top if you so desire.

And yes the Armlet of Torug is indeed not needed for the achievement, just like the two other quests that bring stuff to the museum are not required, but I included it at the time because I thought it might be necessary for the Hero of Wrothgar, which turned out to be false. Of course for completionists, having an empty display case in an otherwise fully completed museum would be sad, heh.

Fire and Ice
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That was a great thread, along with your video. Too bad I didn't realize that the main quest sent me to many of the locations, so I went to some of the sites two or three times for various reasons. But I got all the trophies, and even got my Orders of Orsinium costumes. Very helpful post. :p
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Saturn
    Saturn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ourorboros wrote: »
    That was a great thread, along with your video. Too bad I didn't realize that the main quest sent me to many of the locations, so I went to some of the sites two or three times for various reasons. But I got all the trophies, and even got my Orders of Orsinium costumes. Very helpful post. :p

No worries Maester. I also did the same thing on the PTS, but learnt my lesson and made sure to get all the quests beforehand to avoid having to revisit a places, heh.

Fire and Ice
  • magnusthorek
    magnusthorek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Day after day, patch after patch and my opinion grows stronger to the fact that ZOS seems to be trying at all costs make driver away the completionists from the game.

Having a museum with a missing item, which has its own plaque with historical details, because this item has been conditioned with a quest is... preposterous

But thank your for the final clarification... sigh...
    I am the very model of a scientist Salarian, I've studied species Turian, Asari, and Batarian.
    I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology) because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology).
    My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian, I am the very model of a Scientist Salarian.
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've already turned in the Amulet of Torug and several others.It's fun finding them,and one has to be careful to not give one away by accident to get the achievement.
  • GeraintMawr
    GeraintMawr
    ✭✭✭
    Can somebody put a spoiler on about Agra Crun please? I won't read it but I will know it is not a bug. My achievement says I did not get the Agra Crun yet, but that is how all this starts, right? It's the spoiler thing that is the same reason that I didn't watch the vids. But! I know I have a safety net in this thread! Thanks!
    Maxed out characters...
    DC Breton Sorcerer (hyper crafter - yes everything!)
    EP Argonian Templar Healer
    AD Bosmer Stamina Nightblade (ah well)
    AD Redguard Dragonknight Tank
    DC Altmer Sorcress
    DC Khajiit Magicka Nightblade Sap Tank
    DC Dunmer Pyromage
    DC Breton Magika Necro
    DC Imperial Templar Health Build
    DC Nord Stam Sorc
    All end game ...
    DC Khajit Stamina Necro
    Wardens, Stamplars and like that ...
    ....are on the way!
  • Saturn
    Saturn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can somebody put a spoiler on about Agra Crun please? I won't read it but I will know it is not a bug. My achievement says I did not get the Agra Crun yet, but that is how all this starts, right? It's the spoiler thing that is the same reason that I didn't watch the vids. But! I know I have a safety net in this thread! Thanks!

Agra Crun and Uzdabikh's Helm are both given to you by the Curator in the intro quest you will find at the museum, neither of these two items will show up on the list until you have completed the entire intro quest. Hope this clears up any confusion.

Fire and Ice
  • GeraintMawr
    GeraintMawr
    ✭✭✭
    Yes Saturn. It does. A bug then. There's me thinking I would find the real Agra Crun and the other turn out to be a fake. Ah well good old buggy Elder Scrolls it was ever thus!
    Maxed out characters...
    DC Breton Sorcerer (hyper crafter - yes everything!)
    EP Argonian Templar Healer
    AD Bosmer Stamina Nightblade (ah well)
    AD Redguard Dragonknight Tank
    DC Altmer Sorcress
    DC Khajiit Magicka Nightblade Sap Tank
    DC Dunmer Pyromage
    DC Breton Magika Necro
    DC Imperial Templar Health Build
    DC Nord Stam Sorc
    All end game ...
    DC Khajit Stamina Necro
    Wardens, Stamplars and like that ...
    ....are on the way!
  • BlackEar
    BlackEar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which quest gives you Armlet of Turog? Just so I am aware.
    Bjorn Blackbear - Master Angler - Collector - Black Market Mogul - Ebonheart Pact - Exterminatus - EU.

Achievement hunter:

Visit my profile page to find out about which achievement I am currently hunting.

Check out Anemonean's thieving guide!
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    BlackEar wrote: »
    Don't remember the quest name, but when you run into Lady Laurent and Stibbons, that's the one.
    Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
  • Saturn
    Saturn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@BlackEar Sorrow's Kiss is the name of the quest, found in the very north of Wrothgar, you will be sent there if you do the intro quest for the Curator at the museum.

Fire and Ice
  • Starshadw
    Starshadw
    ✭✭✭✭

Oddly enough, I found the signet rather easily - but then, I'm an explorer by nature. It's like this little museum scavenger hunt was MADE for me. I want to go into every nook and cranny. It's by far been my most favorite part of Orsinium - I stumbled across one of the trophies before I even reached the city and knew what it was for. LOL

The two that actually gave me the hardest time were the Eye (because my approach the first time I was wandering in that location was the exact angle to HIDE the thing behind a jutting piece of ice) and the dang Anvil. And the Anvil - I knew I'd seen it, but at the time hadn't gotten close enough for the telltale little sparks to show, so while I had this perfect picture in my head of the Anvil sitting in a cart, I could NOT remember where it was. OMG, I combed all over the place trying to re-find that sucker.
    Saturn wrote: »
    @BlackEar Sorrow's Kiss is the name of the quest, found in the very north of Wrothgar, you will be sent there if you do the intro quest for the Curator at the museum.

Incidentally - you don't have to bring the Armlet in to get the achievement. It's the only one not on the list (no doubt due to the choices offered at the end of the quest).
    Edited by Starshadw on November 12, 2015 8:31PM
  • Saturn
    Saturn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Starshadw wrote: »

Incidentally - you don't have to bring the Armlet in to get the achievement. It's the only one not on the list (no doubt due to the choices offered at the end of the quest).

@Starshadw Indeed, I think I might have mentioned this above (not sure since this thread is posted in two locations). A lot of people can't bear to have one of the displays in their museum empty though, so while it doesn't matter for the museum achievement, it does matter to completionists, heh :p

Also did you manage to find the First Charter on your own? It is quite well-hidden.
    Edited by Saturn on November 13, 2015 11:59AM

Fire and Ice
  • Starshadw
    Starshadw
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also did you manage to find the First Charter on your own? It is quite well-hidden.

Yep, I can't remember where its location is right now, but I think I found that one fairly early on. The Map of Clans is the one I found first, before I ever entered the city.

The only other one that gave me any trouble at all was The Black Quill - and that's because it's fairly small, and its location made it hard for me to spot the sparklies, so it took a second trip through the delve to finally spot it.

And yeah, my templar, if she ever gets to Orsinium, will definitely have all the trophies, but my NB felt the thing should stay where it was. Plus, it was FINALLY a way to stick it to Lady Laurent, and that felt GOOD.

Edited by Starshadw on November 13, 2015 4:12PM
  • Saturn
    Saturn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep, I can't remember where its location is right now, but I think I found that one fairly early on. The Map of Clans is the one I found first, before I ever entered the city.

The only other one that gave me any trouble at all was The Black Quill - and that's because it's fairly small, and its location made it hard for me to spot the sparklies, so it took a second trip through the delve to finally spot it.

And yeah, my templar, if she ever gets to Orsinium, will definitely have all the trophies, but my NB felt the thing should stay where it was. Plus, it was FINALLY a way to stick it to Lady Laurent, and that felt GOOD.
    @Starshadw
    See I found the Black Quill as my first one, because I was actively looking for it. It must have spent 30 minutes combing through Coldperch Caverns for it and its model didn't look like a quill so I passed it several times.

I didn't do the quests first on the PTS when I was looking for all the relics, so I never even looked around Exile's Barrow where the First Charter is located since its hint incorrectly states "in the western mountains" and I think it still says that, which makes it pretty much impossible to find if you are using the clues. That was the same reason Centurion's Signet was initially hard to find, but fortunately they fixed its the hints for it when Orsinium went live.

Sidenote: When Padraigh and I teamed up on the PTS to find the First Charter (which was the last item we needed), we spent 3 hours scouring through the entire western part of the map, we found out that there are 3 hidden waterfall hideouts, that it is possible to jump into harpy nests up in the trees near the Shipwreck Coast and we literally searched every nook and cranny, so much so that I can perfectly visualise it all before me, haha. We ended up finding it when we had given up our search and just ran along the coast. We sort of happened to stumble across Exile's Barrow and said "Imagine if it was here", 5 minutes later we found it >.<
    Edited by Saturn on November 13, 2015 4:27PM

Fire and Ice
  • Starshadw
    Starshadw
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sidenote: When Padraigh and I teamed up on the PTS to find the First Charter (which was the last item we needed), we spent 3 hours scouring through the entire western part of the map, we found out that there are 3 hidden waterfall hideouts, that it is possible to jump into harpy nests up in the trees near the Shipwreck Coast and we literally searched every nook and cranny, so much so that I can perfectly visualise it all before me, haha. We ended up finding it when we had given up our search and just ran along the coast. We sort of happened to stumble across Exile's Barrow and said "Imagine if it was here", 5 minutes later we found it >.<

Hah! I LOVE those waterfall hideouts :) I always get a lot of pleasure when I find secret spots like that. There's at least one waterfall hideout on the north eastern side as well.

(I'm also one who will swim out towards shipwrecks and islands, just to see if they are intended to be reachable without getting eaten by slaughterfish).
  • Padhraigh
    Padhraigh
    ✭✭✭

@Starshadw
    See I found the Black Quill as my first one, because I was actively looking for it. It must have spent 30 minutes combing through Coldperch Caverns for it and its model didn't look like a quill so I passed it several times.

I didn't do the quests first on the PTS when I was looking for all the relics, so I never even looked around Exile's Barrow where the First Charter is located since its hint incorrectly states "in the western mountains" and I think it still says that, which makes it pretty much impossible to find if you are using the clues. That was the same reason Centurion's Signet was initially hard to find, but fortunately they fixed its the hints for it when Orsinium went live.

You forgot about our secret on how to finally be able to do underwater exploration ;)
    PC - EU - EP
    Relic Hunter
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Starshadw
    Starshadw
    ✭✭✭✭
    Padhraigh wrote: »
    You forgot about our secret on how to finally be able to do underwater exploration ;)

Do tell!!

• Saturn
    Saturn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Padhraigh wrote: »

Do tell!!

@Padhraigh @Starshadw
    I tried to replicate it on Live, but it was patched :p which is ultimately a good thing, since it was kind of an exploit.

But yes, we were able to go "underneath" the water and walk on the bottom of the ocean. I took a few screenshots, one of them is from when I got to the "nexus" where textures are replaced by checkered squares:
    Screenshot_20151009_202700_zps15hxmkyg.jpg
    Screenshot_20151009_202738_zpstxh2j4h9.jpg
    Edited by Saturn on November 14, 2015 7:10PM

Fire and Ice
  • Starshadw
    Starshadw
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Padhraigh @Starshadw
    I tried to replicate it on Live, but it was patched :p which is ultimately a good thing, since it was kind of an exploit.

Hah! That looks awesome.