The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Cmd+Tabbing out of the game

Acsvf
Acsvf
✭✭✭
I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this or not...
But anyways, I like to play this game on fullscreen. However, every time I cmd+tab out of the game, the game becomes windowed. I'd like to know if it's possible to either quickly switch to fullscreen(through a keybind or an addon or something) or leave it at fullscreen even if i tab out.
Does anybody know?
@LightArray
Lightarray Level 50 Dunmer Magicka Templar Healer

CP: 192

Add @Acsvf when quoting me to give me a notification!
  • KhajitFurTrader
    KhajitFurTrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Try [Cmd]+[M] to quickly toggle between the fullscreen and windowed OpenGL drawing context.

In Quartz, if an application captures a (virtual) display, perhaps to create a fullscreen OpenGL drawing context like the ESO client does in fullscreen mode, it depends entirely on the process how it handles keyboard system commands. Switching to a windowed drawing context before "tabbing out" may be a more reliable way to do things, because Apple warns:
    Attempting to position a window over a captured display and draw into the window may be unsuccessful—or may present undesirable results such as illegible or invisible content—because of interactions between full-screen graphics and the graphics hardware.
  • Acsvf
    Acsvf
    ✭✭✭
    Try [Cmd]+[M] to quickly toggle between the fullscreen and windowed OpenGL drawing context.

In Quartz, if an application captures a (virtual) display, perhaps to create a fullscreen OpenGL drawing context like the ESO client does in fullscreen mode, it depends entirely on the process how it handles keyboard system commands. Switching to a windowed drawing context before "tabbing out" may be a more reliable way to do things, because Apple warns:
    Attempting to position a window over a captured display and draw into the window may be unsuccessful—or may present undesirable results such as illegible or invisible content—because of interactions between full-screen graphics and the graphics hardware.

Thanks!
    Though I'm not too sure what any of that means...
    Edited by Acsvf on October 18, 2015 10:42AM
    @LightArray

• KhajitFurTrader
    KhajitFurTrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Acsvf wrote: »
    Thanks!
    Though I'm not too sure what any of that means...

It basically means that tabbing out of a fullscreen graphical application is not done simply, and ESO plays it safe with switching to windowed mode beforehand. [Cmd]-[M] should be the keyboard command you wanted to quickly switch back to fullscreen mode.
  • Acsvf
    Acsvf
    ✭✭✭
    It basically means that tabbing out of a fullscreen graphical application is not done simply, and ESO plays it safe with switching to windowed mode beforehand.
    Makes sense.
    [Cmd]-[M] should be the keyboard command you wanted to quickly switch back to fullscreen mode.
    OOOOH
    I wasn't aware of that, and I was mostly looking for something like this. Thanks!

@LightArray

• ViscousSummer88
    ViscousSummer88
    ✭✭✭
    If you go into fullscreen windowed mode and Cmd + Tab it will simply tab you out to the desktop.

If you're running in fullscreen it will put you into windowed mode.

If you're running in windowed mode then you can simply minimise the window.
    Steam Profile | Discord: Oliver#0001 | EU Megaserver: @ViscousSummer88