The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Do you agree with the ZoS putting a Cap on Champion Points per DLC?

• Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would be better if they just removed the crapion system from PVP entirely.
  • ahstin2001nub18_ESO
    No, I earned all my CP and want to use them
    Ravenfrost wrote: »
    Leandor wrote: »
    If their metrics show an average Champion Rank of 93 for PC players, only counting those accounts that are able to gain CP (i.e. have at least a Vet 1 char) and having logged in in the last 30 days, I think the people complaining about a cap of 500 are a rather insignificant fringe group. Sorry to say that, but that's what it is.

I am probably in the group who will get to that cap before the next DLC is released (currently 380), but the majority of players will not be able to even come close to it.

Honestly speaking, the cap is too high if they intend to raise it every two to three months. Don't misunderstand me, I am happy that it is this high and I could care less about its discussion, but the numbers need to be put in relation.
    ...In addition to dumbing down the game by basically giving everyone the same CP...
    Even with the cap, this is as far from truth as the promise to sustain the game with a subscription model.

I am sorry, but 93 CP as the average on PC has to be including Non Actives or people who quit. Considering you got 75 whenever they released CP if you were v14, that says that if you have 93, you don't play more than a couple times a month. If you play this game even semi casually, simply leveling a character from v1-v16 and doing silver quests will net you about 150 CP(questing without EXP pots), so I don't feel this measurement is accurate at all. I have friends who haven't grinded at all and are at 300 CP.....

What I am saying is that they need to be careful how this is implemented. If they implement this catchup system and capping system incorrectly, all players will end up in the same range in the end, so we have no variation and may as well remove CP completely. When this happens, you have negated the CP system that YOU implemented from day one and have also screwed over players who have invested time and effort into their goals. You keep increasing cap and you will also increase the catchup system cap in turn. I am not saying their shouldn't be caps or catchup systems(THEIR SHOULD'VE BEEN FROM DAY ONE), but don't do it the wrong the way, because if you do it wrong, you will ruin the system. If done incorrectly, you will ruin the game and you might as well just give everyone a weekly CP allowance that you just get and can spend without playing.

Again, 500 CP cap is too low, I could get 200 CP in two weeks easily right now. Obviously they haven't explained the exact details of the catchup system in depth, but think about this...If 500 is the cap and you put the catchup system to have an increase in CP gain up to 350 before it starts going back to normal exp, I can roll a new account, use the catchup system and get that character to 350 in no time JUST from leveling to v16 and then get another 150 in about 1.5 weeks if I wanted to easily from leveling another character, grinding, or doing the main story quests for skill points. What do you know, I am immediately caught up to someone who spent months to get their CP. Now during this time, the player who has the CP has 0 incentive to do anything exp related unless they want to earn "unusable CP."

The system needs to be 700-1000 cap with a increased CP catchup cap(cap for extra exp) of 350-400~, otherwise you will have people who are right at your CP that you have spent months to get because devs are dumbing down the game and just handing stuff to everyone. Sorry, but if you can't accept the fact that you are playing an mmo, then maybe you shouldn't have signed up. MMO's do not equal easy mode and they never have, you aren't meant to get everything free or with no work.

i agree, this is a fairly "dangerous" way to equalize things. they really need to adjust the catch-up, and perhaps over all power of the champion system as it stands now. they can (and should) add to the system as it ages to continue progress and character power, to keep it relevant but not to allow characters to be godly.
    I will work. I will save. I will sacrifice. I will endure. I will fight cheerfully and do my utmost, as if the whole issue of the struggle depended on me alone.

Martin A. Treptow
    1894-1918
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, It will allow others to catch up.
    So does anyone know for sure what the CP cap is? 300? 500? 750?
    I'm a man of few words. Any questions?
    NA/PC server
  • ArchGrizzlyOp
    ArchGrizzlyOp
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Guild Leader for Brotherhood of Blood, North American Server, Xbox one.

Apply to join is today - http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/229042/brotherhood-of-blood-is-recruiting-pvp-pve-rp?new=1

"Sheggorath, you are the Skooma Cat, for what is crazier than a cat on skooma?"
    -- Fadomai
  • Gazro
    Gazro
    Of course I agree with it. Not everyone has time to farm CP points to do well in PvP. In its current state, it singles out those that either don't like having to grind constantly for CP or do not have the time in their day to manage doing such a task. I welcome the change and it brings about balance as opposed to elitism and those that cry out "L2P noob" because their CP is 600 or more points above the others.

I myself still do PvP with just around 130 CP, but its not enjoyable when I get demolished by a guy who has a vast majority of CP compared to me. Sure I know it can possibly be based on skill as I'm not the greatest of players but I know that I'm not terrible.

Rather, it is often obvious when you get torn apart by a guy who has an ungodly amount of CP. I'll take the re-balance gladly and look forward to the devs raising the cap per DLC. The ones who cry foul can wait a few months to get their mass of points once more for each new release. Like the devs said, the points are there but you will be locked at 501 to start.
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am sorry, but 93 CP as the average on PC has to be including Non Actives, brand new characters, or people who quit. Considering you got 75 whenever they released CP if you were v14, that says that if you have 93, you don't play more than a couple times a month. If you play this game even semi casually, simply leveling a character from v1-v16 and doing silver quests will net you about 150 CP(questing without EXP pots), so I don't feel this measurement is accurate at all. I have friends who haven't grinded at all and are at 300 CP.....
    I have grown quite sceptical towards any statement by ZOS, but even I would not flat out call them liars on those numbers. Since we don't have any possibility to check those numbers and considering that even the polls in the forums indicate 100 to 200 as the average (I'm pretty sure it's a valid assumption to say that forum participants are on the high side), I am inclinded to believe in them.

The point is moot, though. Those are the numbers. Another number: The maximum amount of CP you could get at conversion was 70, not 75, and to achieve those you needed one V14 and one V1 with around 400k XP into V2. Consider the player turnaround, as evident by the forum participants, many of the players never managed to reach those high numbers.

Of course most players you know have many points. It's the players that share your playstyle, even if they didn't grind to the same extend you did. If I take myself as example, I take myself to be casual, considering that I work fulltime, but in reality I put in more hours than most (bordering on 20 hrs a week). Rest assured that our perspective is in fact slightly skewed. We tend to see ourselves as a measure, and that is wrong.

As to the rest: If they implement a system like you are proposing and those high caps, the only result is going to be that they need to think about a replacement system within the year, since every John, Jack and Harry will be at 3600. The "low" caps are a measure to extend the lifetime of the system. They need this time to fix their game.
    Edited by Leandor on October 6, 2015 11:19PM
  • FireCowCommando
    FireCowCommando
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deleted.

This game is decidedly going casual no matter what, so discussing is pointless. In before f2p by the end of next year.
    Edited by FireCowCommando on October 7, 2015 1:09AM
  • LordSemaj
    LordSemaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont understand the purpose of a cap when looking at the way they scaled the catch up and slow down mechanics.

The purpose is to keep down the people who already have over 1000 cp. No cap means they can allocate all of them even if the next one costs them millions of xp.

I mean, what's not to understand? The way the system works discourages farming beyond the 501 cap so when the cap is raised later, players are again encouraged to farm XP for more CP and NOT BEFORE THAT TIME. They want people to farm 501 CP now and then whatever they upgrade it to later without going overboard and farming thousands just because they can.

It's a soft cap with diminishing returns to be lifted at a later date. Been done before!
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So far, 70% support a cap. The masses have spoken!
  • ArchGrizzlyOp
    ArchGrizzlyOp
    ✭✭
    /lurk

/lurk with me ;)
    Guild Leader for Brotherhood of Blood, North American Server, Xbox one.

Apply to join is today - http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/229042/brotherhood-of-blood-is-recruiting-pvp-pve-rp?new=1

"Sheggorath, you are the Skooma Cat, for what is crazier than a cat on skooma?"
    -- Fadomai
  • Alexandrious
    Alexandrious
    ✭✭✭
    Kinda, If you can still earn CP even-though you wont be able to always to use all of them.
    Im on a kinda here. Most of the players who has 600+ CP up to 1000+ utilized exploits, and unintended grinds and mechanical screwups Zenimax did to get 200+ or more CP the first week the system was out, then continued using places unintended to get more and more CP.

Now I like the idea of constantly growing more powerful, but sadly the whole system got ruined thanks to exploiters and basement dwellers, if these cheaters did not cause the damage, this CP Capping may never had to be brought in at all.

Shame really, sighs, oh well, its always the WoW generation of mmo players who ruins it for everyone, its how it is.
  • Justice31st
    Justice31st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel It's very selfish that some people don't want their champion points to be capped so they will always have an unfair advantage over another person. It's kind of like the 1% of Wall Street. Even people like Deltia and Sypher who make a living streaming their characters having the most advantage over other players still support the champion point cap.
    Edited by Justice31st on October 7, 2015 1:48AM
    "The more you know who you are, and what you want, the less you let things upset you."
  • ahstin2001nub18_ESO
    I feel It's very selfish that some people don't want their champion points to be capped so they will always have an unfair advantage over another person. It's kind of like the 1% of Wall Street. Even people like Deltia and Sypher who make a living streaming their characters having the most advantage over other players still support the champion point cap.

your version of selfish clearly trumps the version of selfish of another.... you win!!
    I will work. I will save. I will sacrifice. I will endure. I will fight cheerfully and do my utmost, as if the whole issue of the struggle depended on me alone.

Martin A. Treptow
    1894-1918
  • ahstin2001nub18_ESO
    maxjapank wrote: »
    So far, 70% support a cap. The masses have spoken!

54 support it, 16 kinda support it.... thats not the same a 70% fully supporting it....

Martin A. Treptow
    1894-1918
  • Justice31st
    Justice31st
    ✭✭✭✭✭

your version of selfish clearly trumps the version of selfish of another.... you win!!

I started my post with the words, "I feel". Usually people distinguish right away that this means, "my opinion." But thanks for the sarcasm anyways. :wink:
    "The more you know who you are, and what you want, the less you let things upset you."
  • Salmonoid
    Salmonoid
    ✭✭✭
    Have any of you actually read the patch notes?

You continue to earn CP after you reach the cap, although you cannot allocate the extra CP you earn.

Whenever the CP cap is raised, you will have them available straight away, it's a good system.
    Australian - PS4 NA
    VR16 WoodElf Nightblade

It's not the peel, it's the nana.
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I never saw the Champion system as something to be ground, anyway. I felt it was meant to be accumulated through normal play. As such, from leveling one character from VR1 to join my others and just playing I have about 300.

Too bad ZOS didn't forsee that players would do this. Matt is certainly experienced enough to know and they should have started with caps right from the get-go.

Too bad players felt the need to turn it into an arms race.

It is what it is and ZOS will figure it out or not. Meanwhile, this is as good a place to start as any.
    Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
  • Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Xendyn wrote: »
    I never saw the Champion system as something to be ground, anyway. I felt it was meant to be accumulated through normal play. As such, from leveling one character from VR1 to join my others and just playing I have about 300.

Too bad ZOS didn't forsee that players would do this. Matt is certainly experienced enough to know and they should have started with caps right from the get-go.

Too bad players felt the need to turn it into an arms race.

It is what it is and ZOS will figure it out or not. Meanwhile, this is as good a place to start as any.

I agree. ZOS started out by saying that it was intended to be something earned as you a play, a sweetener to the process of going through content. Not a be-all-and-end-all. Of course even at the time of 30gate people were saying that they would grind up to 3600 in a week (oh how we laughed)... little did we know that some of them took the idea seriously.

I play pretty much every day. I don't grind. I have completed Silver and Gold with my main. I now mostly do writs, delves, dungeons and work on a couple of alts. All told I have about 120CP and they continue to arrive at a comparatively pleasing pace.

The "arms race" idea is what caused the current conditions. ZOS probably brought this on themselves by making the incentive to do so, in the shape of combat applicable bonuses, so intriguing... but either way, it is the players themselves who actually farmed/ground the points... so it is the players I blame for the current situation.
  • Sharkano
    Sharkano
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think it's blatantly unfair I have to fight guys with top armor and weapons and jewelry. I demand a cap of VR5 on all gear until we all catch up to that. I demand we all be the same, and there be no benefit to working hard in the game. If I log in once every six months I should have all the same stuff as guys who play ten hours a day. I demand that ZOS keep the game alive by selling XP scrolls and subscriptions while pimping fast CP points, and then yank it all away at the end after they have the cash in hand, thus supporting the cheap and the slow like me who pay nothing and don't play. Since whiners like me have a 100% success rate in posting on the forums with posts like this, I expect all these things to be in the patch Monday.
  • Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ...and such a beautifully decorated strawman too!
  • Artemisshrikes
    Artemisshrikes
    ✭✭✭
    don't matter if you agree or not its going to happen
    VR 16 Dragonknight Sarenvog (AD, Former Emperor)
  • PlagueMonk
    PlagueMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deleted.

This game is decidedly going casual no matter what, so discussing is pointless. In before f2p by the end of next year.

I'm sorry but I'm not casual but neither am I HC. I have a little over 200 CP because, well I have a job and life. I can spend maybe 15-20ish hrs a week (including weekends) playing and most of that time is spent playing, not grinding.

It's total crap that someone with 3-4 times my CP can come by and pretty much just roll over me despite my best efforts (having 10-20% better stats, damage, defenses, is a HUGE disparity). Just because 5% of the population has spent their life grinding ESO doesn't give them the right to roll over others with impunity which is happening now.

i.e. You shouldn't feel entitled to an I win button just because you have more time to accrue CPs than 95% of the population. (and before you reply, Zenimax has the data on where everyone sits, YOU DO NOT. I'm willing to bet that the cap is being used because they have seen that a vast majority of the population are getting the crap kicked out of them by 7-800 CP toons)

• Funkopotamus
    Funkopotamus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sharkano wrote: »
    I think it's blatantly unfair I have to fight guys with top armor and weapons and jewelry. I demand a cap of VR5 on all gear until we all catch up to that. I demand we all be the same, and there be no benefit to working hard in the game. If I log in once every six months I should have all the same stuff as guys who play ten hours a day. I demand that ZOS keep the game alive by selling XP scrolls and subscriptions while pimping fast CP points, and then yank it all away at the end after they have the cash in hand, thus supporting the cheap and the slow like me who pay nothing and don't play. Since whiners like me have a 100% success rate in posting on the forums with posts like this, I expect all these things to be in the patch Monday.

TnT knows Drama!

/Bets not a soul here knows what I am referring to..........

But anyways.... The cap is the best option for ZO$ right now... They have kinda backed themselves into a corner with this CraPion system.. Theu had to do something before even the console had players running around with over 1200 CP.

ZO$ sadly underestimated the willingness of console players to grind.
    Edited by Funkopotamus on October 7, 2015 5:43AM
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!" Sallington
  • Justice31st
    Justice31st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sharkano wrote: »

Sounds like some balanced skillful PvP to me.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im all for the cap, im all for balance. Altho the xp scaling needed to get cp, actually needing more xp per cp while you are under the cap is .....not good.

PC EU
    PvP only