Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Orsinium Launch Details & New Video"

ZOS_JasonLeavey
ZOS_JasonLeavey
✭✭✭✭✭
This is the official discussion thread for the web article, "Orsinium Launch Details & New Video."
34cc8408cb3c55cc15cf5216ccef1fa7.jpg

We reveal everything you need to know about Orsinium, the second official DLC game pack for The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited! Get ready to visit the mountains of Wrothgar, available PC/Mac on November 2nd, Xbox One on November 17th, and PlayStation®4 on November 18th.

Jason Leavey
Community Coordinator - The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube
Staff Post
  • Darlon
    Darlon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what ??? November 2nd.... wow, that's pretty quick...
  • Orchish
    Orchish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    November 2nd.. wait... November 2nd 2020 right?
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS... uhm, I have something to tell you, and... and don't hate me for this...

Seeing those facial expressions and character movements on the NPCs made me weep because they're so ****ING GOOD! Please, please, PLEASE tell me we're getting improved NPC animations with Orsinium because those looked RIDICULOUSLY good.

It almost made me think of Bioware-level character movements from discussions, and I got chills. XD
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sigh... Can someone post the text please? No matter how I try, I cannot defeat the age gate boss on that link. It just loops back over and over again.

Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    •Shield Dyeing

:smiley:
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • aco5712
    aco5712
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ummm wut? im so lost? i wasnt expecting to see this until like decemeber 30? i guess this has been finished for quite a while then huh?
    Banned for Naming and Shaming exploiters. Great ideology ZOS.
    #FreeLeo

Main: Vir Cor | Dragonknight
    Alt: Leo Cor | Nightblade
    Alt: Leonidas Cor | Templar

Guild: K-Hole
    Youtube: CorESO
    DK PvP Tank/DPS Hybrid Build (2.1+): Cor Leonis
  • Endeavor
    Endeavor
    ✭✭
    A first step for arenas! Thats exciting :)
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this looks pretty awesome.
  • Scyantific
    Scyantific
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sad about no new Trials...

BUT DEM CROSS-FACTION DUNGEONS THO.

X-Faction Dungeons and Bear Mounts. DLC Redeemed!
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Slurg wrote: »
    Sigh... Can someone post the text please? No matter how I try, I cannot defeat the age gate boss on that link. It just loops back over and over again.

Happy to help. =3

Orsinium-Specific Features
    • Over 20 hours of captivating story content and quests
    • A long-awaited exploration of the culture of Tamriel's Orcs
    • A colossal new zone available to characters of all levels
    • A new single-player progressive challenge, The Maelstrom Arena
      - Available in Normal and Veteran versions
      - Grants special rewards only obtainable by completing arenas
      - Includes class-specific leaderboards, so you can see how you match up against your fellow combatants
    • Quests and objectives that contribute to rebuilding the city of Orsinium, returning it to its former glory
    • Two large public dungeons, Old Orsinium and Rkindaleft, featuring all-new challenges for both solo and group play
    • Special harvest nodes that scale to the most advanced material type your character can use for crafting
    • Six all-new, challenging world bosses
    • Powerful new gear, unique crafting styles, and other rewards inspired by the history and denizens of Wrothgar
    • Four new Provisioner recipes, only available in Wrothgar
    • 18 powerful new item sets including 6 ability-altering weapons, 9 sets obtained by participating in activities in Wrothgar, and 3 new craftable sets
    • The Ancient Orc crafting style
    • Six new collectible costumes only available in Wrothgar
    • Over an hour of brand new in-game musical score

Orsinium Base-Game Patch
    In addition to the Orsinium DLC game pack launch, everyone who owns The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited will receive the base-game patch at no cost. The Orsinium base-game patch includes gamepad support for PC, subtitles for all platforms, shield dyeing, improvements to battle-leveling, fixes and improvements to existing game systems and content, and more! Here are some of the highlights:
    • Gamepad support
    • Subtitles
    • LFG improvements – cross-alliance dungeons
    • Champion Point cap & catch-up system
    • Shield Dyeing
    • Improvements to battle-leveling
    • Akaviri crafting style
    • Ability balance and bug fixes
    • New ways to spend Alliance Points
    • Increased item drop rates
    • …and more!
    Edited by Preyfar on October 5, 2015 2:19PM
  • Fetaro
    Fetaro
    ✭✭✭
    2nd november ? Holy Sheet, that was fast, didn't expect this 'til 30.11. Sooo, PTS very soon, I guess.
  • SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone have a link to where this is on the ESOTU map of Tamriel?

My wall printout of the standard ESO map doesn't have enough detail to show where that mountain range is.
  • Vyle_Byte
    Vyle_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OH! ZoS!

Bravo!!!!! There are so many things! Shield dying! FINALLY!!! WOOT!!!! Cross Faction dungeon crawling!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!! Subtitles for the hearing impaired?!!! Thank you, for putting in some much asked for things. This, makes me pretty damn happy I have to tell ya.

I may be more excited for the base game patch then the dlc itself lmao! However, it looks great. Totally stoked!

Um... baby bear?! So freakin cute! *happy dance*
    Edited by Vyle_Byte on October 5, 2015 2:21PM
    Member of the Old Guard
    Mother of the Byte Family
    Vyle Byte||Ivana Byte||Vyible Byte||Hakate Vampler Former EMPRESS BWB||Haan Zolo {Retired} (He swung first)||Lunari ||Wardyn Chalyk Tahno||Dirti Dianah||Bonnie||
    Viva la Byte
  • Orchish
    Orchish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shield dying? YES! Finally. Wait... i recently just switched from Tank to DPS. :'(
  • ZOS_JasonLeavey
    ZOS_JasonLeavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Djeriko Shield dyeing. We told you it was "soon." :)
    Jason Leavey
    Community Coordinator - The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube
    Staff Post
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks @Preyfar !

Now that I know what's coming, I'm happy that it's coming soon! This sounds like something worth paying for!
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    that champion point cap I LOVE that you did this
    Thank You!
    hopefully its set to 250 or 300 because im sitting at around 270 ish atm and i dont want to grind my life off to get more, my 270 ish cp is normal from what i have read.
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Slurg wrote: »
    Thanks @Preyfar !

Now that I know what's coming, I'm happy that it's coming soon! This sounds like something worth paying for!
    Happy to help. =) And I'm also really surprised (and ecstatic!) that it's coming so soon as well.
  • elias.stormneb18_ESO
    The HYPE... it's... too much to... bear... *Explodes*
    Edited by elias.stormneb18_ESO on October 5, 2015 2:29PM
  • Zershar_Vemod
    Zershar_Vemod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sadly not enough to make me want to resub.
    House Nyssara (NA)
    Black Market Traders
    Order of the Lamp Post
    Thorn Brigade
    VR15 Nightblade Vampire
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    that champion point cap I LOVE that you did this
    Thank You!
    hopefully its set to 250 or 300 because im sitting at around 270 ish atm and i dont want to grind my life off to get more, my 270 ish cp is normal from what i have read.
    I think 600 would have to be the bare minimum, as everyone who was VR14 when the CP system was announced and has worked as a regular player would be above 300+. The system should limit those who who grinded/exploited to get an advantage, not those who earned them through average play. I'm at 380ish CP. I get 1-2 points a day when I play, even if just from the Enlightenment system. Limiting it at 300 would hurt a lot of people who play regularly -vs- those who have, say, 1-2K CPs.

A "catch up" system should allow players to learn 2-3X XP towards CP until they hit a certain point (I'd say 300 is a good average point for CP). Given CP very quickly hits a point of diminishing returns...
  • Deheart
    Deheart
    ✭✭✭
    I will thank the gods when I can use my xbox one controller on my pc for ESO! I play better no matter what game with a gamepad rather than a mouse/keyboard setup. The gamepads just feel more natural and I never loose finger position unlike on a keyboard.

Plus it will be easier to play ESO on the treadmill with a controller. :)

And the Shield dying and fixed LFG tool is awesome also!
    As a casual player I was satisfied that at one point I had a char max level and near max crafting with almost all motifs and I pretty much lost interest. Then ESO discovered DLC's and now my main is just a wanabe and I am happily pulled back into the game.
  • barrrt
    barrrt
    ✭✭✭
    Does "...and more!" by any chance include crafting material bags mentioned on one of the ESO Live segments a while back?
    EP: Veren Sailenar - 50 DK : Isabeau Sette Tyne - 50 Sorc : This-One-Lizard-Yes - 50 Templar : Lililia Adal - 50 NB : Solea Caro - 50 DK : Igor with Vigor - 50 Sorc : Slightly-Delays-Death - 50 Templar : Balki Barthel - 50 Warden : Willowshade Roxie - 50 Warden : Violetha Adal - 50 Templar : Andriel Greenarrow - 50 NB: Fleshy Leon - 50 Necro: Bonita Lacrimosa - 50 Nacro
    AD: Kael Spellbinder - 50 Templar
    DC: Sharrku gra-Dusku - 50 NB
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OH HELL YES!!!

THANK YOU ZO, SO MUCH AWESOME!!!!!
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    barrrt wrote: »
    Does "...and more!" by any chance include crafting material bags mentioned on one of the ESO Live segments a while back?
    I'm hoping. If they really buff the subscription benefits with things like the crafting bags it'll be a huge incentive for people to sub.
  • Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well now. Much as ZOS seem to have been trying to drive me away recently I have to admit that Orsinium looks absolutely superb. I am actually excited about this... and generally I hate the orcs. So that is saying something!

Based on this first glance of the DLC... nice work, ZOS, nice work indeed.

Now if you would be so good as to stop devaluing crafters we might start seeing eye-to-eye again!
  • ashlee17
    ashlee17
    ✭✭✭✭
    whooooohoooo!!!!!
    Administrator of More Than Fair Guild- North American Server- Come and Join us for a fun and friendly experience - 480+ members and great trader location- all factions welcome - mail me @ashlee17 in game for an invite.
    Join the crusade for better guild management tools!
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/145742/help-we-need-more-guild-management-tools/p1
    Please comment and support this cause!
  • Vyle_Byte
    Vyle_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "new ways to spend alliance points"

Awesome! As of now they aren't worth much so that's exciting. I'm intrigued!
    Member of the Old Guard
    Mother of the Byte Family
    Vyle Byte||Ivana Byte||Vyible Byte||Hakate Vampler Former EMPRESS BWB||Haan Zolo {Retired} (He swung first)||Lunari ||Wardyn Chalyk Tahno||Dirti Dianah||Bonnie||
    Viva la Byte
  • MountainHound
    MountainHound
    ✭✭✭✭
    Will we have to play ridiculous amounts and grind for 40 hours to just craft one item again? If so I am a little annoyed as I did this in Imperial City not expecting a new patch to be released right away with more contennt.
  • WitchyWarrior
    WitchyWarrior
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vyle_Byte wrote: »
    "new ways to spend alliance points"

Awesome! As of now they aren't worth much so that's exciting. I'm intrigued!

I hope it is something really good that you can ONLY get with AP. Then PVP should pick up more. I am just so happy it will be on PTS today so I can find out :)