The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Official Discussion Thread for "Orsinium Launch Details & New Video"

• syzmic
    syzmic
    ✭✭✭
    REiiGN15 wrote: »
    You need to stop this 2 week later thing for Xbox One and PS4. As soon as you release it PC gets a better version through a patch and we get broken stuff all over the place on the console version. Seriously, don't release it until a PC patch is also in the release for the X1/PS4.

Don't look at it as "PC" Getting it early look at it as "PC" Beta testing for you to have a smooth and fixed release. :)

Also why is this one 3000 when IC was 2500 crowns?
    Edited by syzmic on October 5, 2015 3:52PM
  • BaldusMageezack
    BaldusMageezack
    ✭✭✭
    syzmic wrote: »
    You need to stop this 2 week later thing for Xbox One and PS4. As soon as you release it PC gets a better version through a patch and we get broken stuff all over the place on the console version. Seriously, don't release it until a PC patch is also in the release for the X1/PS4.

Don't look at it as "PC" Getting it early look at it as "PC" Beta testing for you to have a smooth and fixed release. :)

Yeah only none of the bugs found on pc will be fixed by the time it releases and we have to wait on that too
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    LFG improvements – cross-alliance dungeons

I don't suppose they'll include Trials under that cross-alliance dungeon banner?
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • AmakarGranaen
    AmakarGranaen
    ✭✭✭
    Amazing news!

but...

what about WEAPON dyeing? ? ? ? ? ? ?

So if it goes like this...

Gandalf: You may dye thy shields.
    Gimli: And my axe!

then what will Gandalf answer?!?!
    Cthulhu is coming, look busy
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

People complained bitterly that they had to buy 3000 crowns in order to get a DLC that only cost 2500 crowns, and some of us warned them to be careful what they asked for as it was utterly predictable that the response from ZOS would be to raise the price of any future DLC rather than lower the crown increments. Sure enough the complainers have indeed ended up with what they asked for, equalisation between crown increments and DLC prices.
    Edited by Tandor on October 5, 2015 4:20PM
  • myrrrorb14_ESO
    myrrrorb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because IC was half the size?
  • Mysticman
    Mysticman
    ✭✭✭
    Finally!!!! some end game content for solo players, I'm starting tear up :'( give me a minute.
  • Wizzo91
    Wizzo91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds really great and this early? I'm really surprised.

There are two options though... They have been working on this for a while, or they rushed the new content because they need the money from DLC badly.
    [EU]

Wizzo - Stamina DK - 50 - DC
    Wizzox - Magicka NB - 50 - DC
    Vilest Wizz - Magicka Sorc - 50 - DC
    Wiser Wizz - Magicka NB - 50 - DC
    Wizzo X - Magicka NB - 50 - AD
    In Rainbows - Stam Sorc - 50 - AD
    Fake Plastic Tree - Stamplar - 50 - EP

6XX CP

• slumber_sandb16_ESO
    slumber_sandb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS.

My money.

Take it.

Take it all!

Orcgasm.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wizzo91 wrote: »

There are two options though... They have been working on this for a while, or they rushed the new content because they need the money from DLC badly.

We KNOW they've been working on it for a while. But I will note that doesn't stop them from ALSO rushing it out sooner than initially planned for a cash influx. :/ Hopefully not.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Akrasjel
    Akrasjel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Special harvest nodes that scale to the most advanced material type your character can use for crafting

As expected

VR15-16 mats price drop in 3..2..1..
    Edited by Akrasjel on October 5, 2015 4:49PM
    [PC][EU][Daggerfall Covenant]
    Akrasjel Lanate - Imperial Nightblade | 50 | CP900+
    Born: 2E 551

Member of: | Traders of the Covenant | Hammerfell Trading | Imperial Trading Company |
    Houses: Strident Springs Demesne,

• Slylok
    Slylok
    ✭✭✭
    Nice! I didnt do PTS for IC since I rarely PvP but I am hopping on PTS as soon as I can for this one.
    Youtube ESO First Person Gameplay - http://tinyurl.com/o6evusk

Twitter - SlylokYoutube

Google+ - Slylok
  • isaac_juggernautub17_ESO
    It's ridiculous how shield dyeing wasn't added at the start who wants to walk around with an ugly color shield and at this point they should have just added weapon dyes too that way your blade can match too.
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wish I could just hibernate until the 2nd!
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's ridiculous how shield dyeing wasn't added at the start who wants to walk around with an ugly color shield and at this point they should have just added weapon dyes too that way your blade can match too.

Armor dyeing wasn't there at the start. Jeez. People are finally getting shield dying. Cheer up, will you?
    The Moot Councillor
  • Benegon
    Benegon
    ✭✭

They have been working on it for a while. I think they aren't rushing it because they said it would be released before 2016. If it wasn't ready they still had at least another month but they chose not too.
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like everything I've seen and read so far. Finally, solo players will be getting some endgame content.

I really like the look of Ancient Orc armor, too, and I can't wait to die my shields!

This will be a big success for ZOS.

Edited by Emma_Overload on October 5, 2015 5:46PM
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Tallowby
    Tallowby
    ✭✭✭
    So 4 New Recipes?

Are they included in the 30 missing from the IC update?

Missing so far....
    Camlorn Sweet Brown Ale (IC)
    Capon Tomato-Beet Casserole (IC)
    Cloudrest Clarified Coffee (IC)
    Dragonball Blended Whisky (IC)
    Firsthold Fruit and Cheese Plate (IC)
    Garlic Cod with Potato Crust (IC)
    Grapes and Ash Yam Falafel (IC)
    Hagraven's Tonic (IC)
    Hearty Garlic Corn Chowder (IC)
    Jugged Rabbit in Preserves (IC)
    Kragenmoor Zinger Mazte (IC)
    Late Hearthfire Vegetable Tart (IC)
    Lilmoth Garlic Hagfish (IC)
    Markarth Mead (IC)
    Millet and Beef Stuffed Peppers (IC)
    Mistral Banana-Bunny Hash (IC)
    Muthsera's Remorse (IC)
    Old Hegathe Lemon Kaveh (IC)
    Orcrest Agony Pale Ale (IC)
    Port Hunding Pinot Noir (IC)
    Rosy Disposition Tonic (IC)
    Senche-Tiger Single Malt (IC)
    Solitude Samon-Millet Soup (IC)
    Soothing Bard's-Throat Tea (IC)
    Sticky Pork and Radish Noodles (IC)
    Tenmar Millet-Carrot Couscous (IC)
    Tomato Garlic Chutney (IC)
    Velothi View Vintage Malbec (IC)
    Wide-Eye Double Rye (IC)
    Withered Tree Inn Venision Pot Roast (IC)

Or are there actually 4 new recipes being added in addition?
    Edited by Tallowby on October 5, 2015 5:51PM
    NEED THE HELP OF A 9 TRAIT MASTER CRAFTER ON XBOX ONE NA - ALL STYLES LIST ---> My known Styles
    Tallowby's Crafter Aid ...... CONSOLE - How to run a DPS Test

XBOX ONE NA - Guild The OTG (accepting applications)
    Arden Sul | Bosmer | Nightblade | CP160/531 | 9 Trait Master Crafter |
    Tallowby | Imperial | Templar | CP160/531 | 9 Trait Master Crafter | EVERY STYLE KNOWN!
    Freya Bolt | Altmer | Sorcerer | CP160/531 | Master Crafter |
    Wacko Smacko | Imperial | Dragon Knight | CP160/531 | Master Crafter |
  • Slylok
    Slylok
    ✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »

People complained bitterly that they had to buy 3000 crowns in order to get a DLC that only cost 2500 crowns, and some of us warned them to be careful what they asked for as it was utterly predictable that the response from ZOS would be to raise the price of any future DLC rather than lower the crown increments. Sure enough the complainers have indeed ended up with what they asked for, equalisation between crown increments and DLC prices.

I dont understand it either... 3000 crowns = $25 = Price of IC = 500 extra Crowns = You got a deal.
    Youtube ESO First Person Gameplay - http://tinyurl.com/o6evusk

Twitter - SlylokYoutube

Google+ - Slylok
  • Benegon
    Benegon
    ✭✭

Its also possible that it is bigger. Wouldn't be surprised if they jumped on the opportunity to bump the price up either since people were complaining like you said. Doesn't affect me anyways since I'm ESO plus though.
    Edited by Benegon on October 5, 2015 6:09PM
  • Smaxx
    Smaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SpAEkus wrote: »
    Anyone have a link to where this is on the ESOTU map of Tamriel?

My wall printout of the standard ESO map doesn't have enough detail to show where that mountain range is.

It's the bay area north of Stormhaven and Bangkorai, essentially the area between the Daggerfall Covenant and the Western Kingdom of Skyrim.

We KNOW they've been working on it for a while. But I will note that doesn't stop them from ALSO rushing it out sooner than initially planned for a cash influx. :/ Hopefully not.

They probably worked on both updates in parallel, considering they probably want to get fixes out before Christmas rather than delaying the fixes or dropping Christmas. Think about it. :)
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JasonLeavey This page http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/dlc/orsinium is linked from the article but isn't working for me; is that page up yet?
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like there are two games to get hyped over for November (Well, technically one is a dlc but whatevs)

Well done Zenimax/Bethesda
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • silentstoner
    Woo winter wonder land hope it goes smoothly looks like a badass dlc
  • ZOS_JasonLeavey
    ZOS_JasonLeavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Enodoc, sure is! Which browser/OS are you using? We can look into it. Might be a cache issue.
    Jason Leavey
    Community Coordinator - The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube
    Staff Post
  • Aimora
    Aimora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please add a duo option for the arena - would love to do this with my questing partner :)
    Aimora Gilidhren - 50 Hybrid Sorcerer
    Aimae Gilihdril - 50Templar Healer
    Aimsae Astasia - 50 Templar Tank
    Aimellie Halfpenny - 50 Nightblade spinning DPS
    Sofae Ethelbur - 50 Dragonknight Tank
    Sha'Mash 50 - Nightblade - Former Empress
    Saelenor Wilihfren 50 - Templar No. 3
    Seliene Harbingerin 50 - DK in training
    Aims For Equanimity 10 - Magicka DK

Circle of the Phoenix - Guild Mistress
    Elysium - Guild 2nd in Command
    Auridon Trading Company - Joint GM

Looking for a friendly, progress focused guild check us out at thecircleofthephoenix.gamerlaunch.com/

Check me out at Anook anook.com/aimora
  • Paulington
    Paulington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Enodoc, sure is! Which browser/OS are you using? We can look into it. Might be a cache issue.

For what it's worth, I tried accessing that page on both Chrome and Firefox (Windows 8.1) and neither worked, even after clearing the cache.

However when I accessed the /en-us/ page via US VPN it worked just fine, so maybe it's just propagating.
  • HairyFairy
    HairyFairy
    ✭✭✭✭
    An Arena to test my own abilities, and compare against all others!!?? TAKE MY MONEYYY!!!
    Hello darkness my old friend

HairyFairy- MagNB
    Scary-Fairy- MagDK
    HairyFairy's Kitty- StamNB
    Your a Lizard Hairy- MagSorc
    Jarl HairyFairy- StamDK
    Lord HairyFairy- MagPlar
    Craazy Fairy- StamSorc
    HairyFairy The Colossus - StamPlar
    Thanos Ender of Worlds - Stamcro
    Necro-*** - Magcro
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JasonLeavey I'm using Windows 8.1 and IE11, but it's the same on Firefox 39 which I never use, so that can't be a cache issue. Just to clarify, I'm talking about the DLC details page at http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/dlc/orsinium and not the article at http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/news/post/2015/10/05/orsinium-launch-details-and-new-video, which is working fine.
    Edited by Enodoc on October 5, 2015 6:53PM
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Marrtha
    Marrtha
    ✭✭✭✭
    This looks amazing! Not to mention it seems they actually listened to the community input. Much more hyped about this one than I was/am about IC.
    No pvp, and amazing open world which doesn't seem to revolve around grinding. *mesmerized*
    Great job guys and keep it up! And thank you for all the amazing work C:
    Use @Marrtha when replying!