The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

TALONS CC IS BLOCKABLE! Thanks ZOS!

• Mr_Nobody
    Mr_Nobody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Talons were op anyways, or, errr... roots in general.

:wink:

OP things aside, the "fixes" also have something to do with teleporting all around for 2-3 seconds also. Idk if anyone else experienced but yesterday i had this happen to me twice - i try to charge the enemy player in IC, get teleported through several rooms within IC sewers, then back to my original supposed location and die to 50k fall damage. Lol'd.
    Edited by Mr_Nobody on September 15, 2015 5:39PM
    ~ @Niekas ~

Options
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Come on ZOS hurry up with an reply folks can't hold in their excitement or anger much longer, they are about to explode...see below is proof!

su9Ll6GulDIuQ.gif
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

Options
  • bosmern_ESO
    bosmern_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templar and DK are having a pretty intense fight at which is the worst class.

Keep buffing Nightblades ZoS!
    ~Thallen~
    Options
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YAY, TALONS IS DEAD! :)
    Options
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Murder Thumbs is probably turning over in his grave right now.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
    Options
  • hammayolettuce
    hammayolettuce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ezareth wrote: »

Wot he died?! Nuuuuuuu
    Snü (Magicka DK) ♥ Thnu (Stamplar) ♥ Pizza for Breakfast (Magplar) ♥ Sparklefingers (Magicka Sorc) ♥
    Bean and Cheese Burrito (Magicka DK) ♥ Snurrito (Stamplar) ♥
    DARFAL COVANT
    Options
  • hammayolettuce
    hammayolettuce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno please give us something here, even an acknowledgment that you know we exist would be nice. The devs are killing magicka DK. I have leveled two of them to V16 and I won't play either of them with DK in it's current state. I'm just glad I have a V16 stamplar to play because after all of the XP nerfs, I refuse to level another character.
    Snü (Magicka DK) ♥ Thnu (Stamplar) ♥ Pizza for Breakfast (Magplar) ♥ Sparklefingers (Magicka Sorc) ♥
    DARFAL COVANT
    Options
  • Iyas
    Iyas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dont see the issue. Wasnt a nerf. It was a fix for the root from talons.
    Noricum/ Kitesquad/ PC/EU

Kitesquad Vol. 1

https://youtube.com/watch?v=6tGxK9KRrEI
    Options
  • Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Iyas wrote: »
    Oh? Please do explain how making a root CC effect preventable by block a "fix". What was the problem that needed fixing?

So by that logic, I should be able to block Encase?
    I should be able to block Fear? It's a hard CC/debuff and much more powerful than Talons after all.
    I should be able to block Petrify?
    I should be able to block Acid Spray?
    POST EQVITEM SEDET ATRA CVRA
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
    Options
  • Huckdabuck
    Huckdabuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno please give us something here, even an acknowledgment that you know we exist would be nice. The devs are killing magicka DK. I have leveled two of them to V16 and I won't play either of them with DK in it's current state. I'm just glad I have a V16 stamplar to play because after all of the XP nerfs, I refuse to level another character.

Must haz Templar heals! Plus the willpower gear is easier to get!!!!!!!
    Texashighelf - VR16 Sorcerer EP NA - FILTHY BARBARIAN
    Texasimperial - VR16 Dragonknight EP NA - How do you like your DK?
    Texas'Imperial - VR16 Dragonknight DC NA - How do you like your DK?
    Texas-Imperial - VR16 Templar DC NA - Queue Clogging Lagsploitter
    Texas Highelf - VR16 Sorcerer DC NA - Queue Clogging Lagsploitter
    Texas Imperial - VR16 Nightblade DC NA - Queue Clogging Lagsploitter
    It's a very grey area.
    Options
  • Iyas
    Iyas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Teargrants wrote: »
    Oh? Please do explain how making a root CC effect preventable by block a "fix". What was the problem that needed fixing?

I should be able to block Fear? It's a hard CC/debuff and much more powerful than Talons after all.

Why is bombard and cripple root blockable? I dont say its okay that it is blockable but its more a global alignment from zos side
    Noricum/ Kitesquad/ PC/EU

Kitesquad Vol. 1

https://youtube.com/watch?v=6tGxK9KRrEI
    Options
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    not surprised

rip decibel
    Options
  • Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Teargrants wrote: »

Why is bombard and cripple root blockable? I dont say its okay that it is blockable but its more a global alignment from zos side
    Wasnt a nerf. It was a fix
    Your words bro, not mine. Specifically saying something is a fix, not a nerf implies tacit approval/agreement with said change.

As far as it being any "global alignment from zos", you can hardly claim that w/ a straight face when the vast majority of roots are not blockable and never have been.
    Edited by Teargrants on September 15, 2015 9:08PM
    POST EQVITEM SEDET ATRA CVRA
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
    Options
  • hammayolettuce
    hammayolettuce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huckdabuck wrote: »

I already told you, I will gladly heal you for dailies. I will use vigor and repentance and maybe, if you're good that day, I'll even slot purify.
    DARFAL COVANT
    Options
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think ZOS put DK on its ignore list.
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
    Options
  • krim
    krim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • ThyIronFist
    ThyIronFist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    An ability that has been nerfed multiple times already, now gets nerfed again by making the root blockable...

anderson.jpg
    The Elder Zergs Online
    Sainur Ironfist - DK - EU - Ebonheart Pact
    Retired
    Options
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can you please just stop developing the DK. Just leave us where we are at, don't even worry about fixing molten armaments which is only working 40% of the time. Some of us still have a reason to play DK, but if you keep up the good work that reason will be lost.
    Edited by Armitas on September 16, 2015 11:57AM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
    Options
  • Yonkit
    Yonkit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Armitas wrote: »
    Can you please just stop developing the DK. Just leave us where we are at, don't even worry about fixing molten armaments which is only working 40% of the time. Some of us still have a reason to play DK, but if you keep up the good work that reason will be lost.

Honestly I'd just like the option to have that reimburse my DK for another class. Or a few million gold, but mostly another class.
    Has an Alter Ego in the form of a very large quadrupedal black & white Bear.
    Options
  • Ishammael
    Ishammael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yonkit wrote: »

Honestly I'd just like the option to have that reimburse my DK for another class. Or a few million gold, but mostly another class.

A few million? Probably ten at this point, considering how many times they've said, "WE'RE NOT RAISING THE VR CAP," and then raised it.

DK in a hard spot right now.
    Options
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yonkit wrote: »

I feel the same way. In the launch days I was wondering which skill to slot because all were useful now I use 1 or 2 skills and the rest are available for everyone. On the other hand NB in 1.1 used to be like us now. Most of their skills were broken and they used weapon and world skills. Last patch we had tankiness while blocking and self heal, now they took this from us.

Because I can!
    Options
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why is every other class being nerfed to the ground apart from nb's?

Confirmed dev's all main nb's.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
    Options
  • Huckdabuck
    Huckdabuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huckdabuck wrote: »

I already told you, I will gladly heal you for dailies. I will use vigor and repentance and maybe, if you're good that day, I'll even slot purify.

BAE BBQ and Jasen gots me on da vigor luvs! Need magika Templar healz! I'll even donate the trophies!!!!
    Texashighelf - VR16 Sorcerer EP NA - FILTHY BARBARIAN
    Texasimperial - VR16 Dragonknight EP NA - How do you like your DK?
    Texas'Imperial - VR16 Dragonknight DC NA - How do you like your DK?
    Texas-Imperial - VR16 Templar DC NA - Queue Clogging Lagsploitter
    Texas Highelf - VR16 Sorcerer DC NA - Queue Clogging Lagsploitter
    Texas Imperial - VR16 Nightblade DC NA - Queue Clogging Lagsploitter
    It's a very grey area.
    Options
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ezareth wrote: »

Wot he died?! Nuuuuuuu

No lol, but his character is for all intents and purposes dead, never to return.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
    Options
  • WebBull
    WebBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If this was a Sorc or Nightblade complaint, there would already be clarification from Zos on intentional or unintentional.
    Edited by WebBull on September 16, 2015 4:22PM
    Options
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just heard they are changing the animation for Talons to better reflect the new "mobility enhancement buff". Here is a clip of the new DK animation in action.
    Wendel_zpssk4tbnpj.gif

Edited by Armitas on September 16, 2015 6:19PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
    Options
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When does Camelot Unchained come about? Please tell me its designers actually PvP.

Here is what DKs have had to endure during the past year and a half.
    • DK Standard - Nerfed. Cost increased by 25%.
    • Fiery Grip - Nerfed. Players can immunize themselves by being at a slightly different elevation
    • Searing Strike - Pointless. Unlimited resources + trend toward burst damage made this skill moot.
    • Fiery Breath - Pointless. See above.
    • Flame Lash - Nerfed. DKs one decent skill got hit with a cooldown.
    • Inferno - Nerfed, Redundant, and the winner of the most useless morph in the game (Sea of Flames) .
    • Kindling - Rendered moot. Sources of burning procs are much fewer in latest patch.
    • Dark Talons - Probably most nerfed skill in game. Now it doesn't even root.
    • Dragon Blood - Worthless. We're all scrambling for resto staffs now.
    • Reflective Scales. Nerfed. 4 projectiles and does not always reflect stealth attacks.
    • Inhale. Nerfed. Only three targets.
    • Iron Skin. Pointless for non-dedicated tanks with new blocking nerf.
    • Molten Weapons. Rendered impractical. A short duration buff, that allows an heavy attack to function as an execute. Huh? Isn't the point of an execute to finish off an opponent quickly?
    • Obsidian shield. Just call it Igneous now. There was a time the fragmented morph was competitive.
    • Ash Cloud. Completely Changed. DKs lost the protection they need for a ranged DoT they don't need.
    • Battle Roar. Nerfed. DKs relied on ultimates for resource regeneration.

This does not even consider the nerfing of the (magicka) DKs primary weapon, the destruction staff, the dubious changes to the block mechanic that served as the DKs primary means of defense, and lack of compelling stamina options such that one stamina DK has a single class ability slotted on his bar: Take Flight.

The only DK skill that needed adjustment for the past year is the cheesey Fossilize morph of petrify...which to my knowledge ZoS still allows to act as a double stamina drain.
    Edited by Joy_Division on September 16, 2015 6:47PM
    Options
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Here is what DKs have had to endure during the past year and a half.
    • DK Standard - Nerfed. Cost increased by 25%.
    • Fiery Grip - Nerfed. Players can immunize themselves by being at a slightly different elevation
    • Searing Strike - Pointless. Unlimited resources + trend toward burst damage made this skill moot.
    • Fiery Breath - Pointless. See above.
    • Flame Lash - Nerfed. DKs one decent skill got hit with a cooldown.
    • Inferno - Nerfed, Redundant, and the winner of the most useless morph in the game (Sea of Flames) .
    • Kindling - Rendered moot. Sources of burning procs are much fewer in latest patch.
    • Dark Talons - Probably most nerfed skill in game. Now it doesn't even root.
    • Dragon Blood - Worthless. We're all scrambling for resto staffs now.
    • Reflective Scales. Nerfed. 4 projectiles and does not always reflect stealth attacks.
    • Inhale. Nerfed. Only three targets.
    • Iron Skin. Pointless for non-dedicated tanks with new blocking nerf.
    • Molten Weapons. Rendered impractical. A short duration buff, that allows an heavy attack to function as an execute. Huh? Isn't the point of an execute to finish off an opponent quickly?
    • Obsidian shield. Just call it Igneous now. There was a time the fragmented morph was competitive.
    • Ash Cloud. Completely Changed. DKs lost the protection they need for a ranged DoT they don't need.
    • Battle Roar. Nerfed. DKs relied on ultimates for resource regeneration.

Spot on. We don't appear to have a development team, we have a nerf team. A development team actually listens to their class feedback and strives to maintain a classes integrity regularly, even when they have to balance things. A nerf team just listens to global QQ, sets fire to something and walks away. They don't care if there is nothing left but ashes, they are just there to stop the QQ, or alleviate design conflicts or preferences, not maintain or develop the class. They are only concerned with removing the problem, not what is left behind.

In 1.6 Light armor got nerfed, CP came out and nirn became amazing, which resulted in a mass exodus to stamina builds. Those stam builds found out they could perma roll, so they nerfed perma roll in 1.7 by adding a 33% cost. They wanted to recover magicka builds so they returned the armor they took from light armor in 1.6. I wonder if they nerfed roots because they were worried about roots on magicka builds at the new roll cost. I know I brought it up on the PTS several times. If they nerfed Talons for this reason then they are nerfing classes to support their new CP, no cap system, and that is simply unsustainable. The integrity of each class should be maintained first, and global changes should be made second to that. They seem to be operating from the exact opposite point of view, which does nothing but dilute and destroy classes to squeeze and cram them into the new CP system they created.
    Edited by Armitas on September 16, 2015 8:46PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
    Options
  • hammayolettuce
    hammayolettuce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2 days and no word from ZOS. Not even a "we're looking into it." This is the most poorly managed game I have ever played.
    DARFAL COVANT
    Options
  • Dan_Fazzyub17_ESO
    Dan_Fazzyub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    So DK's going to have to wait until 1.8 for a fix? This is ridiculous.
    Kirin Blaze - Ebonheart Pact - Imperial Dragonknight
    Kïrïn Bläzë - Daggerfall Covenant - Imperial Dragonknight
    Kìrín Blàzé - Aldmeri Dominion - Imperial Dragonknight
    Vehemence - Omni - COMBUSTION
    Options