The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Do you like elder scrolls online more or skyrim?

dudenamedchris
Edited by dudenamedchris on September 3, 2015 2:37PM

Do you like elder scrolls online more or skyrim? 233 votes

Vote this option if you liked skyrim more
43% 101 votes
Vote this option if you like elder scrolls online more.
56% 132 votes
  • Reznique
    Reznique
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like apples but I don't really see myself as an astrophysicist.

• Oberon45
    Oberon45
    ✭✭✭
    I really loved Skyrim, but I am also liking ESO a lot as well. While they share the same universe, they are such different games. I miss some of the game play mechanics and graphics that I got used to in Skyrim, but I love that ESO isn't as "lonely." It is like comparing apples and oranges to me.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Potato
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
  • dudenamedchris
    Vote please
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two different games.

I have played through Skyrim several times. I have recently started a new game, though and am struggling with it. I think my issue is that I am done with it.

I am waiting for Fall to see what ZOS has in store for ESO, but I have achieved all realistic goals I set for ESO. I am borderline done. Still, I currently like it better than Skyrim.
    Edited by Elsonso on September 3, 2015 3:29PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • VilhelmValhalla4
    VilhelmValhalla4
    ✭✭✭
    I like the single-player games much more than ESO because ESO doesn't feel as concrete or believable. Sure, the graphics are great and there is a lot of content, but I feel that basic things are missing from the other games (such as the calendar, interactive objects, a realistic justice system, ability to freely travel, etc). Hopefully these things will come in the future...
  • dudenamedchris
    Guards should NOT be invincible. That's for sure.
  • Cillion3117
    Cillion3117
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like them both for completely different reasons.
  • Frozstee
    Frozstee
    ✭✭✭
    This is much like comparing Sweetrolls to Moonsugar Tea. The only real commonality is both are quite enjoyable. One can not expect to have the same level of indepth lore and story from Skyrim to fit into a MMO like ESO. Like wise you can not enjoy delving through undead dungeons with your friends in Skyrim as you can on ESO.

However .....

Morrowind > Skyrim
    GT: Frozstee = Xbox - NA =
    "Bright Moons, and Sharp Claws my friends." - Zarum
  • dudenamedchris
    Please vote! Your vote matters!
  • Tholian1
    Tholian1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Voted.
    PS4 Pro NA
  • dudenamedchris
    Thanks guys keep up the votes :)
  • Speely
    Speely
    ✭✭✭✭
    Voted.

I think ESO is a better overall game than Skyrim is. My favorite ES game, however, is Morrowind by a megalithic margin. If Bethesda were to return to the depth and richness of Morrowind’s model, I would literally be more excited about that game than I have been about a game in a long time. Skyrim has nothing I love about the ES universe except added lore and superb atmosphere... Things I value, but also things that don’t make up for shallow mechanics (for me.) ESO is a good MMORPG and a pretty decent ES game.
  • Farorin
    Farorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO, skyrim was fun, but too easy. Eso is fun, but too easy, but at least when I am sick of it being too easy, I can jump into some PVP and get a challenge.

Video games are only a challenge if you die A LOT and if you constantly have to be revising your tactics, thought process and strategies.
  • Atrix_Tussand
    Atrix_Tussand
    Soul Shriven
    I wrote a review about 4 months back on one the Elder Scroll fan/mod focused forum called The Wormhole. They shuted down about 2 months ago. Anyway my rewiev was exactly as some of you stated at the top of this topic. ESO have incredible similarities with Skyrim but, only on first glipse. As soon you paly through the tutorial you see that they are nothing alike thus in my opinion can be compared at all. Its the whole difefrent category.

In my opinion i think that ESO was meant to attract the new audience the one who only saw the trailer and "bite it" However a little experianced player like myself, will have a some problems to adapt to the totally diferent interface and mechanic that we were acoustomed in previous Elder Scrolls. But, to summarize all.

ESO= socialization is must do at some points. Artifact are not worth of keeping but the are worth of selling. XD
    Skyrim= better atmosphere and feeling of the place but it does makes player feel "lonely" sometimes. Artifacts not worth of keeping.

All in all ESO have my vote sort of. This game reqire a lot more polishing. And abillity to exchange in game gold coins for crowns. In ratio something like 1M of coins = 10 crowns.

• Lightninvash
    Lightninvash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you cant play with others and roleplay in skyrim... well I guess you could walk up to an npc and be all hey bby I can show you what a real animal is like and wolf out and then be targeted by guards or something....
  • Rioghnan
    Rioghnan
    ✭✭✭
    I liked Skyrim but I prefer the character creation of ESO. My favorite game ever though is Morrowind...
    You die first!
  • Frozstee
    Frozstee
    ✭✭✭
    ^ Morrowind all day, twice on a Sunday.
    Better lore, story, everything. Oblivion and Skyrim are both perhaps better in the sense of mechanics and "newness" but it all pales in comparison to Morrowind.
    GT: Frozstee = Xbox - NA =
    "Bright Moons, and Sharp Claws my friends." - Zarum
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can beat Morrowind main story in like 50 seconds
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can beat Morrowind main story in like 50 seconds

Do the 50 seconds have to be contiguous?
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Atrix_Tussand
    Atrix_Tussand
    Soul Shriven
    Frozstee wrote: »
    ^ Morrowind all day, twice on a Sunday.
    Better lore, story, everything. Oblivion and Skyrim are both perhaps better in the sense of mechanics and "newness" but it all pales in comparison to Morrowind.

Hmm hardly. All i see is that you are a little bit nostalgic, that is understandable. Its very hard to have objective view on series if you are "old blood".

You said that Morrowind is better. Well ofcoure that it seems better to you now when you digging over your memory you thing that graphic are great sounds and quests and everything. Well, guess what. They are not but thats the magic of human memory. In our heads if we enjoy it everything would seems superb.

For example have have fake pic in my head of how Gran Turismo 2(1999) looks like. In my head its in totally unrealistic awesome graphic. The one Test Drive Unlimted 2 have. But in reality the graphic are on rotten potato quality level.

All in all. I understand your point of view.

Me, i tried to approach the ESO without any comparison or expectation what so ever, and my first feeling/reaction was: Hmm OK thats very very different for a moment i though. Ung, this aint gonna work, i just wasted money. It was because abilities bar. It looked complicated and confusing but, i still give it a go. Now, iam glad i did that this is great game but, you need to adapt your mind and let go all of the expectation before you start to play. Unless you do that, no game ever will be able to beat that vision of Morrowind that is stuck inside your head.

It is hard yes. But, it is worth of new experience.
  • bonsai18
    bonsai18
    Soul Shriven
    ESO's style and how smooth it appears and runs, is what I'm attracted to. And I think the dialogue is a bit more limiting than in Skyrim, but it certainly has a clearer, simpler, and smoother view and run.

I love how they've enabled much of Tamriel, and the class helps me sort my skills. The combat is a bit awkward, but it's forgettable.

I can say ESO is my favorite game!
  • dudenamedchris
    If they make guards killable I may be able to forgive SOME....put I preferred skyrim because you could sling people across the map with a shout and the killing blows could have an animation like decapitation. Also you could assassinate peopl. In eso you cannot do those things
  • Rioghnan
    Rioghnan
    ✭✭✭
    I realize Morrowind has old graphics and the character creation is horrible. But the lore and the way it's so alien and different are what makes it awesome. I'm not going off of a glorified memory. I have it on my laptop and still play it.
    You die first!
  • Atrix_Tussand
    Atrix_Tussand
    Soul Shriven
    OK, i apologize.

I though that you are one of those kind of players that are stuck in their dreamworld for the last 13 years.

• Rioghnan
    Rioghnan
    ✭✭✭
    Nope, I currently still play. I admit to wishing it looked better, and the combat isn't so great, but it's still so unique and interesting. I love it.
    You die first!
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sky rim was a good change but to me it wasn't much like a TES game. It was a modern change which prepared the series for TESO.

Oblivion and Morrowind are my favorites by far but TESO is better than Skyrim IMO
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't vote between the two options.

Skyrim was a great game for what it is.

ESO is a great game for what it is.

Oblivion is a great game for what it is.

Each has their strengths and faults, but as for me, one is not better than the other.

I will say this, though: I wish we had further customization to our characters Oblivion delivered.
  • Puddycat
    Puddycat
    ✭✭✭
    Frozstee wrote: »

However .....

Morrowind > Skyrim

Oooo i have to go Morrowind, god i loved that game!
    First truely open world game i'd played and was blown away

Anyway, sorry what was the original question...oh yeh....i don't care....Morrowind ftw

On a seriousl note though, i really hope they don't stop releasing single player TES games and only release content for ESO. That'll be pretty shite. I'm about done with ESO and i've only been playing about a month! Well i've just talked myself into a vote :p

Edited by Puddycat on September 7, 2015 2:13AM