The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.4 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

The Changes to Ball of Lightning/Streak is a bad idea

• Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    as a non sorc player I really <3 this change
    and to all the sorcs just use your lightning form with major expedition for 4 secs to reset the costs after streaking 3 times you should be fine with that and enough reg still can port over cyrodiil just with a chance for the others to catch up ;)

I also love that you can't cast it 10 times to get away, but I can't love that you can't use it offensively.
    capnbinky wrote: »
    I wonder if they took a poll of players what the vote for these changes would look like. It seems like it's mostly PVP players who ask for nerfs. If that's the case, they should just only apply nerfs in Cyrodiil.

as a mat farmer I want this nerf too. everytime I run for a mat there is a sorc blinking over me from behind and taking it -.-

If that is your problem, I would tell you to equip a bow, dodge-cast rapid manoeuvres and move way faster than the sorc at far smaller cost.

EU | PC | AD
    Options
  • Springt-Über-Zwerge
    Springt-Über-Zwerge
    ✭✭✭✭
    as a non sorc player I really <3 this change
    and to all the sorcs just use your lightning form with major expedition for 4 secs to reset the costs after streaking 3 times you should be fine with that and enough reg still can port over cyrodiil just with a chance for the others to catch up ;)

I also love that you can't cast it 10 times to get away, but I can't love that you can't use it offensively.

In what situation would you use be very often to be offensive?
    I wonder if they took a poll of players what the vote for these changes would look like. It seems like it's mostly PVP players who ask for nerfs. If that's the case, they should just only apply nerfs in Cyrodiil.

as a mat farmer I want this nerf too. everytime I run for a mat there is a sorc blinking over me from behind and taking it -.-

If that is your problem, I would tell you to equip a bow, dodge-cast rapid manoeuvres and move way faster than the sorc at far smaller cost.

[/quote]

well since the dodge roll will give major expedition next patch the speed bonus wont stack anymore so im still slower than sorcs blinking
    PC,EU, EP
    Der-über-Zwerge-springt (Argonian, Magplar), Surtur Velothi (Dunmer, Magdk), Jaqene H'ghar (Imperial, Stamblade), Puppyslayer (Orc, Stamdk), Dagoth Era (Dunmer, Magblade), Æthmon Trevas (Altmer, Magsorc), Der-Zuletzt-Lacht (Argonian, Magden), Sir-Lanzeflott (Redguard, Stamplar)
    Options
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lucky28 wrote: »
    Murmeltier wrote: »
    With the Changes for Streak/BoL and the Shieldbreaker Set, a Sorcerer should hire some Bodyguards or Drive with a Tank through the Imperial City :s .

Yeah. DK's with reflective scales and that set are just going to completely roll me and i'm not going to be able to do anything about it. this is why i haven't bought the imperial city DLC and am not going to till i'm sure this doesn't happen. I don't mean to sound whiny there, but this change just destroys the manner in which i enjoy engaging other players in combat (and even PvE Pledges and what have you) it'd just take too much fun out of the game for me. :(

You sound kind of whiny to me.
    Options
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    In what situation would you use be very often to be offensive?

Streak on live is a 4k damage and stun. You use it offensively like so (look at 1:45):

https://youtu.be/t0DsQIs8-FA?t=1m45s
    well since the dodge roll will give major expedition next patch the speed bonus wont stack anymore so im still slower than sorcs blinking

You said that is happening currently to you on live. Hence a suggestion to fix your problem on Live. On PTS Sorc can't streak much and still would't even if the implemented my suggestion of resetting the cost on damage.
    EU | PC | AD
    Options
  • Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭

as a mat farmer I want this nerf too. evertime I run for a mat there is a sorc blinking over me from behind and taking it -.-

Never happened to me and have never seen it. sounds to me like you just have extraordinarily bad luck.

With the Changes for Streak/BoL and the Shieldbreaker Set, a Sorcerer should hire some Bodyguards or Drive with a Tank through the Imperial City :s .

Yeah. DK's with reflective scales and that set are just going to completely roll me and i'm not going to be able to do anything about it. this is why i haven't bought the imperial city DLC and am not going to till i'm sure this doesn't happen. I don't mean to sound whiny there, but this change just destroys the manner in which i enjoy engaging other players in combat (and even PvE Pledges and what have you) it'd just take too much fun out of the game for me. :(

Alright?...
    and you would expect different from some one who just spent three months building a character only to have all that effort completely flushed down the drain due to one patch, why?. it's extraordinarily frustrating.
    Edited by Lucky28 on August 21, 2015 4:07PM
    Invictus
    Options
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Alright?...
    and you would expect different from some one who just spent three months building a character only to have all that effort completely flushed down the drain due to one patch, why?. it's extraordinarily frustrating.

Why don't you read the whole patchnotes instead of just the "sorcerer" section? How do you feel tanks and people who relied on block feel? How do you think medium armor wearers who relied on dodge feel?

You just sit there and whine that DKs will roll you (seriously, what is this 1.3?) without being able to do anything about it and say you won't buy something because it will affect how you enjoy playing. You are hardly the only one that will have to adapt.
    Edited by Joy_Division on August 21, 2015 6:10PM
    Options
  • Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Alright?...

Why don't you read the whole patchnotes instead of just the "sorcerer" section? How do you feel tanks and people who relied on block feel? How do you think medium armor wearers who relied on dodge feel?

You just sit there and whine that DKs will roll you (seriously, what is this 1.3?) without being able to do anything about it and say you won't buy something because it will affect how you enjoy playing. You are hardly the only one that will have to adapt.

You're making assumptions that i haven't read the entire patch notes. I have i do know all the changes. this thread however, is about sorcs, why?. because that's the class i play, that's the class i know. i'll leave the threads about the nerfs to blocking and roll dodging up to those who play those classes and who know them, because i don't.

and true i did say i didn't plan on buying ic. However, that's not just because they nerfed one ability that i personally like. it's the combat changes in general tried it on the PTS, didn't like it. found it lacking in certain aspects that's why i don't plan on buying it at present might change depending on how the final version comes out.
    Edited by Lucky28 on August 21, 2015 6:41PM
    Invictus
    Options
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People are idiots and are going after the entirely wrong skill. Ward was the problem, not bolt. Sorcs were designed to be mobile. Without mobility, the class will be boring and easy kills. The class has been systematically destroyed by the forums and it is a huge shame.

If you can't kill a sorc with gap closers within the first 2-4 teleports, that's your fault, not the sorcs.
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
    Options
  • capnbinky
    capnbinky
    ✭✭

as a mat farmer I want this nerf too. evertime I run for a mat there is a sorc blinking over me from behind and taking it -.-

Wow, that would be incredibly annoying. But then any speed differential would be problematic, so I can't see nerfing it for that.
    Options
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Asmael wrote: »
    Being able to bolt to the horizon is just... huuurrk...

Honestly, I'm fine with nerfing it to prevent bolting 500 times in a row (ok, that's "only" 8 times in a row), but it should also be rewarding to players using it offensively, so I wouldn't mind to keep the 50% stackable increased cost, but add a component that rewards aggressive use of it.

Something like "bolting through an enemy does not add 50% cost to the next Streak" or "refunds 40% of the mana cost while bolting through at least 1 enemy".

Something along those lines.

This, I agree with!
    EU | PC
    Options