The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Imperial City Launch Details"

• keto3000
    keto3000
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Consider renaming the IC base patch (which all players will get) to simply, UPDATE 7.

Calling the base patch "Imperial City" is a misnomer.

The Imperial City DLC is exactly that. That name means exactly what it says.

This will avoid a lot of unnecessary confusion for players and unneeded aggravation for ZOS when it all drops on August 31st!

( I'm downloading the PTS again right now... I'm excited to see it all!) Cheers :smiley:
    “The point of power is always in the present moment.”

― Louise L. Hay
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    keto3000 wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Consider renaming the IC base patch (which all players will get) to simply, UPDATE 7.

Calling the base patch "Imperial City" is a misnomer.

The Imperial City DLC is exactly that. That name means exactly what it says.

This will avoid a lot of unnecessary confusion for players and unneeded aggravation for ZOS when it all drops on August 31st!

( I'm downloading the PTS again right now... I'm excited to see it all!) Cheers :smiley:
    I would completely agree with that, it makes much more sense. Keep the titles for the DLCs, and the numbers for the base game updates.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Sting864
    Sting864
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wait a minute ZOS! I killed Molag Bal a year ago, so why is he still controlling the Imperial City?

makes-no-sense-at-all.png

Umm, you cannot "kill" a Daedric prince... (Didn't you listen to Meridia?) you DEFEATED him for a while. He's had a year to regenerate....
  • Sting864
    Sting864
    ✭✭✭✭
    Raizin wrote: »
    Phaedrus wrote: »
    Nivinfarr wrote: »
    Will we have to carry Tel Var Stones with us at all times, or will we be able to deposit them in our bank? If we can't deposit them, will we lose ALL of our stones when defeated in PVP, or only a set amount?

I'm terrible at PVP, but I understand how this system is desirable for many who do enjoy PVP. I just hope this doesn't become an incentive for griefing.

You will be able to deposit Tel Var Stones in the bank.

Will I be able to mail them?

1. Kill monsters
    2. collect stones
    3. mail stones to friends
    4. profit

did u just exposed a flaw in the flawless system ??? oh boi, i think ban is comin to u friend!

Do y'all even read??? NO Tel Var Stones are NOT transferable. If they were, ganking squads would be the order of the day...
  • Sting864
    Sting864
    ✭✭✭✭
    Navaya wrote: »
    So what happened to the promise Zenimax made that The Imperial City was gonna be free?!
    You just can't trust Zenimax I guess...

Except that it is free for subscribers...
  • Sting864
    Sting864
    ✭✭✭✭
    Takllin wrote: »
    Lava_Croft wrote: »
    It's not so hard to please a PC gamer: Release a quality product, update it often and do not make false promises.

ZOS failed on all three of these accounts.

If you burned through all the Craglorn content, (which I don't recall being specifically *promised*) and the Crowns you received with your subscription each month, I can see where you would think ZOS failed... I have 2 VR7 and 1 VR8 character, and I still am not 2/3 of the way through all of the old content. ESO+ has been worth all of my entertainment dollar...
    To quote Charlie Sheen:
    ZOS is "winning..."
  • keto3000
    keto3000
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno I would like to see the ZOS devs smooth out the storyline a bit more...

I 'understand" that I didn't kill Molag Bal, only wounded him deep enough to retake my soul and free other souls that were taken, however, many players are lead to the wrong impression that the main storyline ended with the personal battle at lvl 50 between their hero ( the vestige) and MB.

ZOS should make a bigger effort to "explain" the background story in more detail so we, the players, feel the continuity of the struggle between MB's forces and the retaking of Imperial City.

This has come up in discussions before: Players lvling from 1-50 experience a sense of 'disconnect' after they reach vet ranks. The main story should be continued and background info for Queen Ayrenn & the other faction leaders should be livened up a bit so that Cyrodil PvP and the regular PvE storylines merge and move forward! :smile:
    Edited by keto3000 on August 1, 2015 6:55AM
    “The point of power is always in the present moment.”

― Louise L. Hay