The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Imperial City Launch Details"

• Barneylee
    Barneylee
    ok so us pve'ers get something as well??? i would rather read more than hints online please Zen

Why not... even... dare i say this out loud???

When you do any major DLC like pvp/pve why not... just... why not? do it so that pvp AND pve DLC is released at the same time... if not VERY close together? you have a design/coding team big enough for this and enough CASH! to do so.... lol

Basically... with MOST of the online community saying *Orsinium will be release within a month of the Imperial CIty* why is there no news (Official) on it?
  • AssaultLemming
    AssaultLemming
    ✭✭✭✭
    So just to confirm with these new 'Tel Var' stones:

- you can only craft VR15 and VR16 gear with them?
    - They can only be used within Imperial city?
    - They're lootable from PC corpses?

Are we able to make use of the refined materials outside of IC? e.g. crafting Hunding's Rage in VR16.
    What sort of timeframe is there for looting? Is it automatically transferred or are people who insta-ress going to be able to stop others from getting their stones even though they lose theirs?
    Is there going to be a bank merchant in the alliance safe zones?
    Will there be different versions for Light/Medium/Heavy/Wooden armour and weapons? If so, how?

Is it really in the best interest of the game to have a lootable crafting material? Do you have any plans in place to change it to non-lootable when your player base starts flooding the forums with posts regarding their lack of options in keeping and trading the new resource?

Lastly, since it appears to be the only way to craft top level gear (not in stats, but VR), will you provide a high enough drop rate so that buying a stack of 100 in 3 months from release won't cost thousands of gold and limit even the most basic gear to only those with overflowing gold? (imagine nirncrux, only you could lose your hours farming in 3 seconds)

My understanding is that TV stones are not for crafting, rather they are the new AP style currency that you will use to purchase gear from npc vendors.

For crafting there will be a new material tier added, the only way to get this material is by deconstructing v15/16 gear that drops or that you buy with TV stones. You will be able to craft v15/16 versions of the existing gear such as hunding's rage in the usual spots. They are adding three new crafted sets that can only be crafted in the imperial city at new crafting stations.

Hope that helps, it sounds like a great system to me.
    Edited by AssaultLemming on July 21, 2015 1:04AM
  • AssaultLemming
    AssaultLemming
    ✭✭✭✭
    Leandor wrote: »
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler please consider to add the option "You must have a direct port route from the faction's gate area to one of their emperor keeps" as access restriction. That way, two or three keeps, along with at least one of their respective resource nodes, is all a faction needs. This can be achieved even if outnumbered on a campaign.

Don't make buff campaigns a thing again after going to all that effort to stop it.

Best thing I have read all day.

The best idea I have seen so far is that you need to have your three primary keeps plus one emp keep (EP: Arrius, farra, kc and either brk or chal) etc.

Seems to me this would provide a balance where it's likely that most factions will have access most of the time, with some scope for back and forth, and an emphasis on the importance of the emp keeps while allowing for the strategic capping of keeps to deny a faction access. Sure hope they test this on pts, I didn't really like any of the proposed options.

Access all the time: too easy, cyrodiil loses relevance.
    Access only if all home keeps: too annoying with the outlier keeps so hard to defend, don't want to spend my whole life running to brindle, ganked, run again, ganked, etc.
    Majority access: leads to buff campaigns.I
  • Morvul
    Morvul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SO, ....

I don't PvP at all in any MMO - does this mean that the new content is unavailable to me?

I won't go near a place if there is even the possibility of PvP.

I can't do the fancy high-stress end-game repetitive group content, ...

... so at this point I don't bother with any end-game.

I have 6 chars that I level-up in succession, usually around 10 levels at a time. I take breaks from the game, so I'm only at lvl 25-35 right now.

I love the crafting, love the story and enjoy leveling-up my characters. I was hoping that maybe they would come up with some nice PvE end-game that wasn't repetitive.

Seems like I was wrong.

So my question is: Will I be able to enjoy ANY of the new content that isn't group-only with the guarantee of no PvP?

(I know that nobody cares, but I will try to explain - I simply can't deal with fighting against players. Lets just say I get enough 'challenge' with the mobs.)

now allow me to ask you a question by way of answering you:

why exactly are you playing a MMO (a massive multiplayer online) game???
    by your description of what you enjoy and what you hate out of a game, it seems to me you would be much, much better served by playing a singleplayer game...
  • Korozenn
    Korozenn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Morvul wrote: »
    SO, ....

I don't PvP at all in any MMO - does this mean that the new content is unavailable to me?

I have 6 chars that I level-up in succession, usually around 10 levels at a time. I take breaks from the game, so I'm only at lvl 25-35 right now.

I love the crafting, love the story and enjoy leveling-up my characters. I was hoping that maybe they would come up with some nice PvE end-game that wasn't repetitive.

Seems like I was wrong.

So my question is: Will I be able to enjoy ANY of the new content that isn't group-only with the guarantee of no PvP?

(I know that nobody cares, but I will try to explain - I simply can't deal with fighting against players. Lets just say I get enough 'challenge' with the mobs.)

by your description of what you enjoy and what you hate out of a game, it seems to me you would be much, much better served by playing a singleplayer game...

Agreed, @Morvul .

I don't know about Steve, but I thoroughly enjoy both PvE and PvP at my own pace. I'm not a competitive person naturally, so I tend to go into Cyrodiil to just have fun more so than anything else. Of course, as a result of this, I'm not a good PvPer at all since I don't bother to go into min-maxing everything and instead prefer to use builds that are just smart to use for the situational purpose in PvP and build on my own personal experience in it.

It's a good way to just take a break from the leveling grind to go into PvP, in my opinion. To me, it is not really the main thing I enjoy in ESOTU; I love the exploration and questing aspect over everything else, whether in PvE or PvP.

You don't learn to run before you learn to walk, and you don't learn to walk before you can stand, and you don't learn to stand until you learn to crawl. My recommendation to @dsteve68b16_ESO would be to take things in strides just as you would learning a language. If you just jump into something head-on, it's going to seem to be too much, and you'll give up. But, if you take your time to learn something you're not used to and how to deal with it, then you can find ways to manage whatever type of anxious feelings you have about doing it--in this case, PvP.

Trust me when I say, it's a good life lesson to be able to at least try to learn new things instead of feeling safe inside of a bubble all the time. The good part is that it's a game, so if you lose/die in PvP, you can always try again. Everyone makes mistakes in life.

Okay, enough of me being deep for one post. :lol:
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leandor wrote: »
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler please consider to add the option "You must have a direct port route from the faction's gate area to one of their emperor keeps" as access restriction. That way, two or three keeps, along with at least one of their respective resource nodes, is all a faction needs. This can be achieved even if outnumbered on a campaign.

Don't make buff campaigns a thing again after going to all that effort to stop it.

Best thing I have read all day.

The best idea I have seen so far is that you need to have your three primary keeps plus one emp keep (EP: Arrius, farra, kc and either brk or chal) etc.

Seems to me this would provide a balance where it's likely that most factions will have access most of the time, with some scope for back and forth, and an emphasis on the importance of the emp keeps while allowing for the strategic capping of keeps to deny a faction access. Sure hope they test this on pts, I didn't really like any of the proposed options.

Access all the time: too easy, cyrodiil loses relevance.
    Access only if all home keeps: too annoying with the outlier keeps so hard to defend, don't want to spend my whole life running to brindle, ganked, run again, ganked, etc.
    Majority access: leads to buff campaigns.I
    I think including the outer keeps is a good idea. It means those are actually useful for something and there is more incentive to keep your own under your control. Right now, the outer keeps are useless so the home alliance doesn't bother trying to recover them.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Barneylee
    Barneylee
    Morvul wrote: »
    SO, ....

Seems like I was wrong.

Obviously you have never played world of warcraft/FF14 online/SWTOR/OR even this game??? because Morv... even in this game you have GROUP DUNGEONS which stay away from PVP... GROUP QUESTS which stay away from PVP, CRAFTING which stays away from PVP, SKYSHARD HUNTING which stays away from PVP... MOST of my guild are vet 12-14 and HAVENT EVEN TRIED PVP!!!

So Morv... IS this game ONLY for you PVP'ers? no so why don't get get your head out of the gutter and stop being a noob :P
  • ViotexZippy
    I don't understand the comotion this DLC is causing, the DLC is being placed on the PVP map if you only PVE then don't get the DLC as you wont be in Cyrodiil. The game is an MMO this style of DLC should not be a surprise.
    Guildmaster - Order of the Daanik XB1 - EU
    V5 Imperial Dragonknight Tank
  • Barneylee
    Barneylee
    I don't understand the comotion this DLC is causing, the DLC is being placed on the PVP map if you only PVE then don't get the DLC as you wont be in Cyrodiil. The game is an MMO this style of DLC should not be a surprise.

i know this was *probably* not aimed at anyone in particular... but I myself Viotex; have said i would LOVE to try pvp in this game, but don't know how gank heavy it is (i have been in WoW BG's for years and have only won 10 maximum).. so, yes, i WILL be getting the DLC

as far as the other stuff? PvE'ers who hate pvp will always moan about pvp content (i still do) and pvp'ers will always moan about pve content...

and to reiterate to you pvpers out there... INCLUDING *Morvul* this IS an MMO (massivley Multyplayer Online) Game... does that mean 100% pvp??? no... @Morvul ... does this mean 100% Pve??? No... does this mean there is something for EVERYONE? yes... pve'ers, stop complaining (and yes i include myself) about the upcoming pvp content... PvPers... stop complaining just because the TRUE pve'ers are unhappy
  • Morvul
    Morvul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Barneylee
    hey, it was you who wrote that you "can't do the fancy high-stress end-game repetitive group content"...
    if you also can't do PvP, that doesn't exactly leave much...
  • Barneylee
    Barneylee
    did i say that? im pretty sure i didn't or you miss understood... but anyway even if i did say that, i meant WoW raids were hectic. i have yet to try it here... and even if i cant take the stress of the Trials etc... i still have my dungeons and my quests :P so yes... it actually leaves 90% of game content.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Rude and Insulting comments]
    Edited by ZOS_Racheal on July 21, 2015 10:38PM
  • ShadoPanauin
    ShadoPanauin
    ✭✭✭
    To all the PvE players complaining about having to PvP in 1.7...

YOU HAVE GOTTEN EVERY SINGLE MAJOR UPDATE SINCE LAUNCH. THE PVPERS NEED SOMETHING, TOO.
    Edited by ShadoPanauin on July 22, 2015 8:34PM
    R.I.P. Million Reasons to Bomb, he triggered ZOS

Characters:
    Million Reasons to Rename - AD Magicka Nightblade
    Lúcio C - AD Stamina Sorcerer
    slaughterfishlivesmatter - AD Stamina Nightblade
    Million Reasons to Rake - DC Stamina Sorcerer
    Shadopandauin - EP Magicka DK
    Million Reasons to Lag - EP Magicka Sorcerer
  • abuniffpreub18_ESO
    abuniffpreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭

YOU HAVE GOTTEN EVERY SINGLE MAJOR UPDATE SINCE LAUNCH. THE PVPERS NEED SOMETHING, TOO.

And now you have it, enjoy it. This is one PvE'er that will definitely not be there to bother you.
  • Mamox
    Mamox
    Soul Shriven
    Honestly, reading these people- who I assume are adults, saying they "can't take the high stress of PvP or end game PvE" in a damn video game are pathetic. I hate to say it, as I really am not usually one to bash people for their preferences, but how the hell do you people even function in life? It is one thing simply to not enjoy it...but to REFUSE TO STEP INTO A ZONE WITH EVEN THE CHANCE OF PVP...because it is "too stressful" is the most pathetic thing I have ever heard.

IT IS A VIDEO GAME...Jesus Christ...run out and die a few times and laugh about it- even if you never try it again, is it really that scary? How the hell do you handle work, paying rent, relationships or break ups if you cannot even fathom doing a Trial or PvP because it is "too stressful" I have never been so ashamed of the human race than I was reading those comments, it was truly sad. Not because they simply don't like PvP or just prefer to play in their own way- because it was actually said that they "could not handle it due to stress"....I will say again IT IS A VIDEO GAME GET OUT THERE AND TRY IT AND GET OUT OF YOUR BUBBLE.

On top of that, PvE players who have gotten every single content update since launch have absolutely no right to complain about this update. Not only have they been very transparent and we knew the Imperial City was coming and what it was/in general how it worked- but this is the first content update PvP players have gotten SINCE LAUNCH. Stop being so entitled and let the other half of the people playing this game get their update too.
  • ZOS_PhilipDraven
    ZOS_PhilipDraven
    ✭✭✭
    Phaedrus wrote: »
    Will I be able to mail them?

1. Kill monsters
    2. collect stones
    3. mail stones to friends
    4. profit
    Nope, Tel Var Stones are not able to be traded or mailed.

Philip Draven
    Lead Systems Designer
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_MSchroeder
    ZOS_MSchroeder
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rioht wrote: »
    Hi ZoS!

Thanks for the awesome update today on imperial city! Super pumped (especially for solo arena!!!!)

Anyways, regarding one of the points of the info.

"Improvements to existing item sets"

Does that mean we can find the currently available item sets in VR16 formats? Or does that just mean there will be adjustments made to those sets, but only available up to VR14?

Thanks!

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Both, in fact. Many of the item sets from the grab bags purchasable in Cyrodiil for AP have had their effects updated. Some, but not all, of these item sets will be available via Rewards for the Worthy and Leaderboard mails, and the items from those mails are available at all Levels and Veteran Ranks, including VR 15 and VR 16.
    Michael Schroeder
    Senior Systems Designer - The Elder Scrolls Online
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_PhilipDraven
    ZOS_PhilipDraven
    ✭✭✭
    1. Is this only player kills or do you lose them from npc deaths and environment deaths as well.
    2. Is it only killing blows that give you a stone if the person you killed had one, or is it anyone that gets ap for the kill?
    You will lose Tel Var stones from non PvP deaths in Imperial City but it will be at a reduced amount compared to PvP death. At present this is set to 10% of your stones, but as is the case with all balance numbers, this is subject to ongoing adjustments.

All players meeting sufficient contribution to the death of the target player will receive an even split of the Tel Var stones gained. So if 4 players work together to kill someone who had 100 stones, they will receive 25 each.
    Philip Draven
    Lead Systems Designer
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_MSchroeder
    ZOS_MSchroeder
    ✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    Will mobs from the new group dungeons in IC also drop items that can be deconstructed for the new material? @MSchroeder

Yes. Bad guys in the Imperial City, in the new dungeons, and in the scaled-up existing dungeons will all drop VR 15 and VR 16 gear (if the dungeon is scaled to such), and all that gear can be deconstructed.
    Will player kills provide comparable XP to PVE mob grinding per hour typically? And will rewards for the worthy bags' vr15/16 items be deconstructable to gain the new crafting materials?

I can't speak for EXP, but the items from Rewards for the Worthy and Leaderboard mails will be deconstructable for materials as well.

In fact, let’s be clear: All VR 15 and VR 16 non-jewelry equipment can be deconstructed for the new crafting materials. However, all VR 15 and VR 16 gear will drop their materials at a reduced quantity and likelihood compared to the current standards. Those rates and ratios are going to be tweaked based on feedback and observation, so we can’t comment on the exact numbers yet. (VR 14 and lower gear’s deconstruction rates have not been altered.)
    Michael Schroeder
    Senior Systems Designer - The Elder Scrolls Online
    Staff Post
  • Snortsch
    Snortsch
    I'm also a solo MMHO player that hates PvP. I never got through any Elder Scrolls game or even close.
    ESO motivated me enough to play through two of the three quest lines and I'm still working on the elfes story.
    So I can clearly say, that I enjoyed the Pve part of this online game more, than the offline versions.

Since I don't want any guild drama, I will continue to play mostly alone. Problem is, that neither Craklorn, the Undaunted, nor the new imperial city add on will do anything for me because of this. Like other players I'm dissappointed.
    But I understand, that group PvE and group PvP content are very important to keep the community active and
    there is still the Osinium add on, that finally will have content for me.
    Edited by Snortsch on July 27, 2015 12:12AM
  • Snortsch
    Snortsch
    Mamox wrote: »
    Honestly, reading these people- who I assume are adults, saying they "can't take the high stress of PvP or end game PvE" in a damn video game are pathetic.... is the most pathetic thing I have ever heard.

I have never been so ashamed of the human race than I was reading those comments, it was truly sad.
    How old are you? Not everyone is an adrenaline junky. If you have never been so ashamed of the
    human race because someone refuses to play versus other players, then it seems that you are the
    one living in a bubble.

Let me rephrase this: Some people just want to enjoy the story and beat up some monsters in a controlled environment. For them the challenge that a AI controlled moster gives them is just right. Like you said, it's just a video game and I guess we can agree, that nothing that happens in there can make you "ashamed of the human race" like never before, because there is a real world outside, that tops any of the stuff you mentioned without even trying.

Edited by Snortsch on July 27, 2015 10:46AM
  • Snortsch
    Snortsch

How many major updates are we talking about? Craklorn and the Undaunted missions, or did I miss one?
    And fortunately we PvE players don't have to make PvP, since we can continue to play without buying the add on. Don't get me wrong, enjoy the update,that's totaly fine. I actually thought the whole time, that it was already out and I just
    didn't see any of it, because I don't do PvP ^^

The only reason I'm disappointed is, that it is called a PvP/PvE update. This made me think, that the six districts are the PvE area and that there are several dungeons (severs and so on), that are designated PvP areas.
    But it was my fault, all is either PvP or group PvE.
    Edited by Snortsch on July 27, 2015 10:47AM
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snortsch wrote: »
    Mamox wrote: »
    Honestly, reading these people- who I assume are adults, saying they "can't take the high stress of PvP or end game PvE" in a damn video game are pathetic.... is the most pathetic thing I have ever heard.

I have never been so ashamed of the human race than I was reading those comments, it was truly sad.
    How old are you? Not everyone is an adrenaline junky. If you have never been so ashamed of the
    human race because someone refuses to play versus other players, then it seems that you are the
    one living in a bubble.

Tbh I think the proper word is that pvp can be an inconvenience for some people and they rather not deal with it which all depends on person taste.
  • Kyuumu
    Kyuumu
    ✭✭✭
    Let me start out by saying I am really happy for the PVPers who are looking forward to the DLC YAAAAAY! It looks good and has got some really cool stuff going on in there.....that's what's up people! :wink: With that being said, I am an adult with a job, kids and RL crap (stress) going on all the time, when I play this game I play it to relax, unwind and get away from reality. I personally do not like the feelings I get from PVP, it is nerve racking to me not to mention I suck at it. I crouched my way through Cyrodill and came back still looking over my shoulder lol. I don't enjoy it or understand how you guys do it. What I will say is that this content WAS designed to enhance stress levels, to get your adrenaline pumping and set you on edge. Don't believe me? Go watch the ESO live where the creators are showing you a preview and telling you about the game. They actually say things that let you know they want this content to mess with you. Now, certain peoples stress level threshold is lower than others which is why some can be police officers, soldiers, spies and some can't (like me). Maybe there ARE those being overly dramatic about this but their basic reasoning is sound and I appreciate someone knowing and accepting their weakness's as well as their strengths. I don't know how fair or unfair the dropping of content has been PVE VS PVP wise, but I do know that Orsinium is coming so I do not feel cheated, just impatient like others I see lol. Instead of Complaining, Bashing and Belligerence I suggest we promote and EXHIBIT Unity, Tolerance, and Encouragement as a gaming community. I think one thing we should all take from this is our level of passion when it comes to the game, it is apparent we all love this game a lot, and have that in common :) so game on people. Variety is the spice of life and the world would be very boring if we were all the same!
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't PvP much but here's what I've gathered so far in relation to what IC will be........

1) Zerg, Zerg, Zerg;
    2) Don't get caught alone;
    3) and Stay in big groups (*which break the servers and cause tremendous lag).

Question.....How many deer are in IC?

/sarcasm
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • Clavy
    Clavy
    Soul Shriven
    I'm looking forward to this. I hope it's good
  • Kyuumu
    Kyuumu
    ✭✭✭
    So Cyrodill with cooler stuff lol. Listen I hate to say it, because it's not what you would call fair necessarily, but I think that is what PVP is supposed to be. It seems to me that it's a dog eat dog, survival of the fittest, kill em all, war style combat. Honor, integrity, and fairness rarely enter into those types of situations Rly much less in a video game where the consequences are non-existent. It's not my thing but I'm not gonna hate on those that enjoy it. I'm pretty sure there are things in this game that I am better at than some PVPers. My grandma always said stick with what you know, and I have the choice of not participating (thank goodness lol). I have had PVPers come to me for mats, temporary gear, and many other in game items they don't enjoy acquiring so I'm not gonna mind having to go to them for the goodies they find in IC. I feel it kind of balances things between us at least a little.
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    R0M2K wrote: »
    To the worried PvE guys:

You learn to PvP in no time, and its far more fun to figth persons than scripts.
    Are you sure? You spend 10 seconds fighting and 5 mins riding your horse back to where the action is (if it's close to enemy inner keeps). You really don't learn if you're clueless, they kill you before you even start learning. Idk, I don't think that horse riding is fun :)
    Edited by Artis on July 27, 2015 9:47PM
  • Equilibriator
    *cough* I think the real question on everyones mind here is will the bear mounts be released with this expansion (before, during or after)? :3
    Edited by Equilibriator on July 28, 2015 12:13PM
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *cough* I think the real question on everyones mind here is will the bear mounts be released with this expansion (before, during or after)? :3
    After. Those are due with Orsinium/Wrothgar, not Imperial City.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • JamesinOsaka
    JamesinOsaka
    Soul Shriven
    I have been an avid fan, a subscribed member since game launch, an eso plus member since the game went free-to-play

This is not a rage post, just a statement of fact.

The new feature, where you will lose currency when you die in imperial city, has me trying to log in to eso website to cancel my eso plus account within 30 minutes of hearing of it. Losing hard-earned currency to some ganker waiting for me to leave the instance, merely because I'm a pve-er who sucks at PVP. Apparently the only way to avoid it is to do the same daily quest over and over and over again. It's honestly just not worth my effort. I know myself, the first time I lost a sizable chunk of currency, I'd log out, and never log in again. 4 months later I'd uninstall the game from my computer.

So far however, the website is blocking me from logging into my account, so I can't end my ESO Plus subscription. Apparently the computer and ip address I have been playing from since Beta, is now a "new computer, new ip" so it requires an "access code" sent to my email to log in to my account. However a dozen attempts to enter the code have so far failed.

Well played, ZOS. Well played.